mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

You all probably deserve to be eaten by zombies or done away with by some really, really mean Aliens, then.
Ridley Scott's original concept of "Butt-Huggers", while too terrifying for a movie franchise, would be well suited to dishing out the punishment these "civilized" people deserve.

From where I sit, the standalone development is moving along, but its hard for everyone to keep the hype for a game going for 6+ months.

A break from announcements would be ok if it means we can all get excited again. Just relax and enjoy the mods that the community is churning out in the meantime. The standalone is still being worked on, announcements or not :)

From where I sit, the standalone development is moving along, but its hard for everyone to keep the hype for a game going for 6+ months.

A break from announcements would be ok if it means we can all get excited again. Just relax and enjoy the mods that the community is churning out in the meantime. The standalone is still being worked on, announcements or not :)

[MOD] DayZ Katy Perry, "Sweeten your DayZ experience with a touch of Katy Perry!"

At this point its pretty clear that the idea of a "Minecraft" model is a marketing strategy. As well as the talk of a "Kickstarter". Gangas gonna gang but I hope Bohemia realizes that their strategy to make the game more accessible by stringing us along for a few months is losing the players that were around early on.

You want to release in a year? Cool. How about 2? Even better. Stop giving us 6 month dates when all they are doing is using A2OA assets ported to the A3 engine while marketing for another year.

Its one thing to make a release date. Its another thing to keep pushing it back under false pretences. I am so gullable to think this game would be accessed by Dec and now June? Seems legit.

Holy christ Crunchy, that font is brutal.

If anything, the longer development time will lead to shaking off bandwagon-jumpers as opposed to proper fans of the concept.

• Like 1

Have some patience. He's gone off to climb Everest with no safeties or extra oxygen. Okay, maybe not entirely true but still.

At this point its pretty clear that the idea of a "Minecraft" model is a marketing strategy. As well as the talk of a "Kickstarter". Gangas gonna gang but I hope Bohemia realizes that their strategy to make the game more accessible by stringing us along for a few months is losing the players that were around early on.

You want to release in a year? Cool. How about 2? Even better. Stop giving us 6 month dates when all they are doing is using A2OA assets ported to the A3 engine while marketing for another year.

Its one thing to make a release date. Its another thing to keep pushing it back under false pretences. I am so gullable to think this game would be accessed by Dec and now June? Seems legit.

WTF are you talking about, BI has just demonstrated that this business model can work, even without false advertising and lies. They just released ArmA 3 through the Minecraft model to both reviewers's and customers's delight. They even slashed the price of the full game.

Also stop getting totally surprised about slipping deadlines, this has been a byproduct of Rocket's happy go lucky approach to game development, since he promised us dogs in August. Yo dawg, where my dawg at Rocket? Ever since Rocket was forced to delay in December, which he btw already had stated, he'd do if he had to, it's been common sense to take all continued deadlines with a little healthy skepticism. Anyways he's told you what he's aiming for and right now he's aiming for June.

With Rocket you get what you get, unheard of accessibility both to his philosophy and process, front row seats to his successes and his mistakes. You know he can deliver, because he delivered in full in 2012, you know he loves to capture his audience, he's an optimist and he refuse to learn that the gaming community clings on to his every word, which gets them outraged when he fails to deliver something he never promised in the first place.

Just make another WarZ video, while we wait for content. :D

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 6

June has not been confirmed or announced as a release date! They will just review the situation and then continue alpha testing on a bigger scale allowing screening and stuff. I don't expect the alpha release before july /august maybe even september.

Edit : + 1 for a nice WarZ Video (maybe something like a classical games review)

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

Stop talking poo, you will be one of the first to review it. And of the original will be on top of the SA like a you tube reviewer who is given free games to review.

It's coming, maybes later then stated on numerous occasions, but it will be here, you should know good games need time to be developed properly.

Take a chill pill or I will shoot you in game, deader than dead.

• Like 2

No dev blogs till after Everest, I should think!

If there is one, ill launch rocket for not taking it serious enough!

Chill, soon........

No dev blogs till after Everest, I should think!

If there is one, ill launch rocket for not taking it serious enough!

Chill, soon........

Rocket said devblog whilst en-route to Everest.

This looks like a set for two, wonder who is he travelling with?

His Dad

• Like 2

For how long is he gonna climb there? And, don't get me wrong, how long is he gonna stay on top? :D

Eh? He's going climbing on Everest with his dad? You serious?

I am not going to read a devblog until he is down and safe!

• Like 1

They need to do something. The videos are awful and unbearable to watch. I am not the only one that feels this way. Maybe give the Reddit mods the ability to record next time.

Rhino, I fucking cringe every time you say your name out loud. Furthermore, they are game makers, not video makers, you make vids, they make games. If you don't want an update on the standalone, don't watch the videos. I don't watch your video's either. I do like the standalone vids, even if they are recorded a bit clumsy.

• Like 10

So I got to work and see about 96 posts on this thread since I last visited. Simple question so I don't have to sift through 5 pages of BS, did we get any other updates?

Thanks in advance :beans: