rocket

The Notorious Can Incident

Well we've confirmed it now. DayZ Sahrani will have broken immersion in the next release...

We're putting in and keeping in the new food items.

As previously stated I will not patch my US NY 2873 Cifor Public Hive Server unless a MAJOR feature is added in the future, even then I might skip it in protest... public hive can't have too much shelf life left on it with the push to private and SA on the horizon

I vote Rocket for President ... and all the Developers and Administrators as his cabinet (or whatever it is called in the U.S.) ... at least we know if the true Zombie Apocalypse hits ... two things will be taken care of:

1. We'll have a president and cabinet who know how to take care of the survivors.
  2. They'll instill some humour in a time when it is needed.

Hell NO ... We won't GO ... Hell NO ... Cos I say SO!!!

You are welcome. ;)

Damn, I was looking forward to finding these simple, easy ways to say thanks to the moderators. I was looking forward to hardly even seeing the name on the can, and afterwards, simply consuming it, turning it into a useless tin can. But apparently, the cans that were posted, (which, by the way where zoomed in and much bigger than they would've been in the SA.) were too 'silly' with 'immature names' and they would 'ruin immersion'. Heh, yeah, my ass ruins immersion. What was the fucking problem? I just can't express how stupid the reason for removal is!

'Gee thanks mods for running the forums and putting up with everyones bullshit, and in turn, we'll give you a can of food/drink as a gift!'

'Ahh no that won't work, I won't really feel as if I'm in a zombie apocalypse if theres a can of 'Herpy Dooves Canned Muffins' in front of me.'

BULLSHIT.

• Like 1

So, can we please stop clubbing each other to death over this for the moment? There are plenty of other things to club to death, like baby seals for instance.

Does the "for the moment" mean that clubs will be in standalone :P

I was fine with all of the new food/drinks except for the lame mlp/pony reference skin. The good people who contribute to this mod need recognition but not that cancer pony shit.

I personally think we need to add Horses (not "Rideable" but "Guttable") and canned horse meat ... make all the Europeans feel welcome. :)

• Like 2

Everyone that got their name on a can deserved it and it is quite sad that with all the hard work they do, people still don't want to give them some recognition.

That's bullshit, sorry. I pretty much have every contributing member of the ZI44 mod's names committed to memory just from them posting cred's on the loading screen. They don't tack bullshit in game.

Well we've confirmed it now. DayZ Sahrani will have broken immersion in the next release...

We're putting in and keeping in the new food items.

As previously stated I will not patch my US NY 2873 Cifor Public Hive Server unless a MAJOR feature is added in the future, even then I might skip it in protest... public hive can't have too much shelf life left on it with the push to private and SA on the horizon

Few people care, quite the activist.....

I personally think we need to add Horses (not "Rideable" but "Guttable") and canned horse meat ... make all the Europeans feel welcome. :)

ROFL.... HELL YEAH!

We need moar Horse meat.. NAAOO!

• Like 1

That's bullshit, sorry. I pretty much have every contributing member of the ZI44 mod's names committed to memory just from them posting cred's on the loading screen. They don't tack bullshit in game.

It's not bullshit sir. So what if they didn't contribute to the game? They put a lot of effort into the community of DayZ. Oh and guess what? The community is a big part of DayZ and you should be glad that they keep it under control.

13 pages of people either not reading the OP or just missing the point completely. Nice work guys, see if you can hit 14.

why do some think we should forcefully stop the discussion? so that some stay unsatisfied or even angry? i think it is better to eventually come to a consenus, better than seeing elsewhere the conflict again to erupt. Here everything eventually will cool off, ...unless someone tries to add fuel to the fire with one's very first posts at dayzmod.com...

Where are all these people to thank the Mods and Devs for their decision of removing the "break-my-immersion-beans" ?

Oh that's right. They only reason they made an account or droped by here, is to raise hell and move away.

Let me get this straight. First you do something I didn't ask or want you to do in the first place, then you undo it later and I'm supposed to thank you for it???

Let me get this straight. First you do something I didn't ask or want you to do in the first place, then you undo it later and I'm supposed to thank you for it???

So entitled.

You'd think DayZ was your project and you were paying R4ZOR and co. to dev it for you.

• Like 1

So entitled.

You'd think DayZ was your project and you were paying R4ZOR and co. to dev it for you.

I said it before and I'm saying it now, you do not deserve to get any credit for your trolling. Glad they removed you all.

Edited by Killzone_Kid

I said it before and I'm saying it now, you do not deserve to get any credit for your trolling. Glad they removed you all.

hey Kid, i would like to talk to you about Jesus our Lord, why don't we go somewhere else to have a little bit private atmosphere http://dayzmod.com/f...-can-retexture/

edit: Do you have a reddit account? Would you help us with our most noble task? (see the link above for further informations)

Edited by joe_mcentire

Disagreeing =/= trolling. The mindset of a child in 2013.

'In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3]'

Funnilly enough, you're the one trolling.

• Like 5

so this all has swept some new members to dayzmod.com (maybe even directly from reddit), let us take this as a positive circumstance that came along with the riot and forge links between us. I posted e.g. a link to a thread which wants to change the "inproper" food and want to add other stuff. feel free to help, feel free to spread the word on reddit as well!

and now stop this saga of ranting and insulting. ppl who haven't been convinced of the opposite to this point will most likely not change their oppinion at all

edit:

and i'm aware of this:

why do some think we should forcefully stop the discussion? so that some stay unsatisfied or even angry? i think it is better to eventually come to a consenus, better than seeing elsewhere the conflict again to erupt. Here everything eventually will cool off, ...unless someone tries to add fuel to the fire with one's very first posts at dayzmod.com...

Edited by joe_mcentire

I think this all mess was finaly what i need to stand back myself from DayZ

Too much whimes. Seriously you see the shitstorm for only some names on item description, only in the inventory ?

Well i'm glad that Arma III alpha's coming, it's time to move out.

Hope the SA will have a more mature community.

I think this all mess was finaly what i need to stand back myself from DayZ

Too much whimes. Seriously you see the shitstorm for only some names on item description, only in the inventory ?

Well i'm glad that Arma III alpha's coming, it's time to move out.

Hope the SA will have a more mature community.

Did you read the OP? Did you read countless other posts within this thread saying it wasn't the actual cans that were the underlying problem? As you obviously didn't, I'm surprised you complain about the lack of maturity......

• Like 1

I've not looked too deeply into this controversy, because of what I've read, it's downright silly.

Is anyone else a bit of confused why shit seems to have hit the fan here?

• Like 1