r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6.1 Hotfix

USE THE LATEST BETA: 102285

The ideal place to post bugs is at the community bug tracker:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

Patch Download:

DayZ Files:

Hive Files:

Full Download:

Client Files:

Server Files:

Prerequisites:

* [Prerequisites] beta-patch (
).

* [Prerequisites] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 x86 Redistributable
(
)

* [Prerequisites] New Mission File Downloaded from
(
)

Build Notes:

* dayz_code

Changelog:

* [uPDATED] - Fixed version issues.

* [uPDATED] - Updated Spanish String Tables

* [uPDATED] - Force save updated.

* [REMOVED] - New models by JoeysLucky22:

- (Soda) Long's Island Iced Tea (Clayton)

- (Soda) Dr. Wasteland (Dr. wasteland)

- (Soda) Mikhail Made Lemonade (-=PA=-Mikhail)

- (Soda) LVG Root Beer (LVG)

- (Soda) Mountain Green

- (Soda) mZLY yZLY (mZLY)

- (Soda) R4Z0R soda (R4Z0R)

- (Soda) Smasht (Smasht)

- (Beer) Rabbitman (Rabbitman)

- (Can) Bad Guy's Ubiquitous Peaches (UbiquitousBadGuy)

- (Can) Chef Boneboy Ravioli (Boneboys)

- (Can) Curgon's Chicken Noodle Soup (Curgon)

- (Can) Demon Groves Green Beans (DemonGroover)

- (Can) FraggleOs (Fraggle)

- (Can) Griff Black Beans (Griff)

- (Can) Herpy Dooves Canned Muffins (DerpyHooves)

- (Can) Orlok Mixed Fruit (orlok)

- (Can) Powell's New England Clam Chowder (Powell)

- (Can) Tyler's Kidney Beans

- (Can) Conrad's Whole Kernel Corn

Quick Install Info:

Full
  1. Download Full Client Files and beta files from links above.
  2. Navigate to your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory
  3. Extract the @Dayz-1.7.6-Full.rar into your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory and install the newest beta.
  4. To start DayZ use a command line string like the below

Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe -mod=@Dayz;CA;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -noFilePatching -skipIntro -nosplash -noPause -world=Chernarus

Patch
  1. Download Patch Client Files and beta files from links above.
  2. Navigate to your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory
  3. Extract the @Dayz-1.7.6-Patch.rar into your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory and install the newest beta.
  4. To start DayZ use a command line string like the below

Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe -mod=@Dayz;CA;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -noFilePatching -skipIntro -nosplash -noPause -world=Chernarus

Steam
  1. Right click Arma2: DayZ Mod, select properties.
  2. When the window pops up go to the "BETAS" tab
  3. Now Select 1.7.6 in the drop down box.
  4. The files should now should now update
  5. Launch as normal

Please bring it the hell back. It actually gave me a reason to enjoy the time when no one was online and I just wanted to get all the cans.

... NOW BRING THEM BACK.

• Like 4

Stop trolling saying "Cans were ok, it was minority crying" as I see it coming from the same people who were "crying" to remove the cans in the other thread. If you want to troll and shit on work of others you're better of doing it on your mama's chest.

edit: or on ScamZ forum

edit2: sorry for my french. damn trolls...

Edited by MACtic

I didnt follow the latest updates so i just realized now that those items got added in and removed again. and i think more diversity is always good. You probably cant use real brand names and i really dont mind the dev names in game.

for me its more immersion breaking to have the same types of food all over again.

Please bring it the hell back. It actually gave me a reason to enjoy the time when no one was online and I just wanted to get all the cans.

... NOW BRING THEM BACK.

I pruposed a simple voting system to see clearly the opinion of what 1.5mil players want.

But no they said, if we voted on everything we would stil only be running one server in new zeland...

Well than put up whit split up comunity like this.

Now that you have removed new cans there is a huge amount of players wondering why were they removed?

If we voted on this before you would get -for example 65%for new foods, 45% against.

And when somebody whined you could say "the vast majority of playerbase suported that idea so we have implemented it"

Simple as sh1t.

Edited by marko4231
  • Like 1

there are around 273 very satisfied trolls out there this morning and over a million players thinking 'wtf just happened?'

• Like 5

Wait what? The new food wasn't removed because it was buggy but because of some stiff-ass whiners with absolutely no sense of humour? Faith in Humanity has once more deteriorated.

And as mentioned, welcome to the new Forumfield where kid's tears get's translated into changelogs more frequently than a normal person chances his/her underwear...

• Like 4

I strongly dislike how everyone here refers to the people who didn't like this as whiny kids. Strawman arguments and trying to demean someone who disagrees with you on a subject is to me very immature.

"Sad to see the whiny kids get their way."

Go ahead and strongly dislike me then. The whiny kids did get their way. It's not a matter of disagreement, we all have those. It is the absolultely childish and frankly embarassing hissy fit that certain posters threw.

Edited by Dreaddman

Just found a very serious bug indeed, apparently when a kiddie sheds a tear a food/drink item vanishes from the loot tables, not sure how this could be addressed, maybe by giving zero fucks and having the courage to ignore the trolls and sticking to your guns might do it.

• Like 1

SERIOUS POST:

Thought that the weighted loot arrays would be "fixed". Hit two choppers last night, and nothing but trash/bandages on one, and a mighty 1014 on the other. Huh?

Hit choppers to avoid the Stary/NWA Killing Fields when trying to get something better than an 1866. What was fixed?

I´m staying with 1.7.6. The new food is for me a funny thing. Yes! Ravioli was my first reaction haha. Nice work with the new food. Can´t eat the same over and over. One can get scurvy ;)

• Like 1

Stupid cry babys, loved the new food.

This is exactly one of the attitudes that I spoke of in my previous comment. This serves no good to any discussion.

"I disagree with my opponent's view so I will refer to calling him a cry baby."

Here is another reason why I disliked having more food and drink items:

I hate scrolling in my backpack, it sucks to get to the bottom. More types of food and drink would could only make the list longer.

I find myself now often switching coke for pepsi (or vice versa) so I only have one row in my backpack for drinks and not two. This would a lot harder if there were 10 types of soda. It doesn't enhance the game for me in anyway it just makes backpack scrolling a bit slower and I think we pretty much all hate the backpack-related issues.

Maybe I am the only one and none of the people who made the decision on more food/drinks never care about this so I can understand that they would not understand this before I mentioned it but think about it.

And another:

Just found a very serious bug indeed, apparently when a kiddie sheds a tear a food/drink item vanishes from the loot tables, not sure how this could be addressed, maybe by giving zero fucks and having the courage to ignore the trolls and sticking to your guns might do it.

"kiddie"

In my own opinion, referring to an opponent as a child makes you an immature person to me.

• Like 2

Go ahead and strongly dislike me then. The whiny kids did get their way. It's not a matter of disagreement, we all have those. It is the absolultely childish and frankly embarassing hissy fit that certain posters threw.

I do not dislike you personally, I dislike the attitude. If someone does act childish the last thing you should do is reply in a childish manner back or to go offtopic and speak about how childish the other person is. It's a strawman argument.

"Oh, look at how childish this person is on this subject and how mature I am; ergo, I am correct."

• Like 2

I think it's hilarious that they took them out completely. Why not just remove the unprofessional names? That way we could keep the variety of items. There have been countless wonderful suggestions on how the mod devs can pay homage to themselves in the game. I think we all agree some of the names were OK some of them were ridiculous.

No offense Devs, but for a group of people who are supposedly doing this for the love of the game... where is the humility?

Also, can anyone tell me why they added all the straight razors? Is is simply a nod to R4AZOR49? I suggested this in an earlier post but no one commented. Seriously, there should not be this many straight razors when the game is set in the current era. Not that I'm a stickler on realism, but that was more upsetting to me than the can names.

The rest of the changes are great! Though,has anyone noticed a huge screen tear on there server at the corner of the Berenzino industrial docs north of town?

TMW Servers will be staying on 1.7.6, Screw this new patch. This is the only update so far that i havnt liked, and i sure as hell wont be updating my servers to 1.7.6.1 because people decided to cry over nothing.

Edited by TMW Se7eN

Wait what? The new food wasn't removed because it was buggy but because of some stiff-ass whiners with absolutely no sense of humour? Faith in Humanity has once more deteriorated.

And as mentioned, welcome to the new Forumfield where kid's tears get's translated into changelogs more frequently than a normal person chances his/her underwear...

I don't understand what was funny about the new names. A funny name would be something like Fat Ass Cola not mZLY yZLY or whatever.
  • Like 2

Also, and I'm really not on one side or another here, I think like all debates it has a lot of angles, but most of the people on my server were talking about "how stupid the F'n names were" but we aren't going to update to 1.7.6.1 simply because it is a pain in the backside.

Well, I'm really glad they're gone. I mean, I like some variety but please, do not add names of persons in there. You have Soda (coke), you have Cans (pasta, beans). Why can't we just add some other real life cans? Like Tomatoes or Salmon and Orangina.

• Like 1

Well, I'm really glad they're gone. I mean, I like some variety but please, do not add names of persons in there. You have Soda (coke), you have Cans (pasta, beans). Why can't we just add some other real life cans? Like Tomatoes or Salmon and Orangina.

The names would not have shown up in the inventory, it would still just be 'can' and such.

I'd say this hotfix was more of a crowd pleaser than anything. Now you can choose whether or not you want the new items on your server. Worst this patch is going to do is confuse those who do not read the changelogs. I think I'll keep my server on 1.7.6 for the time being :)

Reading this forum sometimes you'd be forgiven for thinking that we're a bunch of spoilt, selfish, ignorant and childish bunch of cnuts.

Shame you all can't get so animated about real life.

• Like 1