r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6.1 Hotfix

I prefer (and coined) the phrase Cantroversy.

Was that what happened when someone threw a tintrum?

• Like 2

Was that what happened when someone threw a tintrum?

We should take this act on the road!

• Like 1

We should take this act on the road!

You don't think we would need canned laughter?

EDIT: screw it, the road is too rough on my hooves anyway.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 2

LOL Why would you add alot of new foods ? just to remove then again the very next day ?....

Because According to a bunch of F***Wits the Mods and Devs don't deserve recognition.

LOL Why would you add alot of new foods ? just to remove then again the very next day ?....

meebe the food items were spoiled. No need to risk anyone getting the shittings by eating spoiled food... not good for moral. Best to remove them all.

Edited by codestargod

omg cans,toilet paper...............jesus......................FIX THE AMMO BUG!"!!

This one?

* [FIXED] - Ammo counts now fixed on dc.

• Like 1

But seriously why remove the new types of food and beverage again ?... i really dont get it ? if its just because of the script restrictions.. its an really easy fix. Makes no sense..

I have always been supporting the changes you guys are doing, but this time i think its a bit "wierd" that you add alot of new cool content, and then just remove it 24 hours later :S

Because when you change something, and alarm-bells go off, you go a step back.

You don't plug your ears and go on. At least not in a group.

I personally think he did the only right thing in that moment. (and I was following reddit and the forum, paralell, at that time)

Fok Off. We don't need your sorry asses to come back here. Whiny little kiddies. Go back to reddit.

Quotes like that are just stupid. Go stand in the corner!

If you don't value other peoples opinion, go away!

At least make a poll before you take it out... Of course all the people who disagree are going to be the loudest.

And the other side said "at least make a vote before you put it in".

All comes back to "listen to the other side, before you make any decision"

Oh and did you notice that 60 people gave you beans when you released the patch and only one person gave you beans when you reverted it?

Beans on the forum don't say anything other than how many people gave their beans. There are over a million dayz players and the active community are several thousand people.

Have you read what /r/dayZ had to say about it? Or is their opinion just not important, because you don't care about reddit?

• Like 6

Imo. there should be a poll on THIS forum and not reddit. Where it will be decided if the cans should be added (Again) or stay removed. that should sort things. Obviously there is always gonna be ppl either against the new cans and for them.. and some will even rage alot. But making a poll here, could atleast give the developers an idea about, what the majority of dayz players thinks.

For example let the poll run a week or so, just to make sure ppl have time to check it out, and in some cases think about what they really want.. but well

maybe its a bad idea.. ze kids will probably just rage further, without giving some proper feedback. ( Kids now adays huh?! /facepalm ).

• Like 1

Also. tho its a lesser issue, all the server admins have better things to do then update their servers all the time, due to whiney little kids that doesnt like a can that says "R4Z0R Cola" etc.

In my opinion i dont see the big issues, so what if its the developers and other staff's name is on the items ? SOOO WHAT? they spent hundreds of hours maintaining the mod and adding new features. I really dont see why its such a big catastrophy to give them some credit for all their hard work, by making some new types of food / beverages and naming them in their honor.

People should grow up and stop having such butt hurts... Seriously.

Edited by Toft

oh noes I was hoping to collect the cans :(

going to keep my server on 1.7.6 for a while longer.

Same here.. and if kids doesnt like it.. kids can go play on another server or pay for their own.

• Like 1

I guess a solution could be to change the names a bit on some of the cans, if ppl have a big problem with some ppl's nicknames being on them.

So change em to something else, without using nicknames ( tho i dont have a problem with it my self ), because i really like the bigger variety of food and drinks.

Damn, just spent 1 hr updating my server to 1.7.6 :(

Keep it at 1.7.6 dude.

Fuck the system!

• Like 1

Imo. there should be a poll on THIS forum and not reddit. Where it will be decided if the cans should be added (Again) or stay removed. that should sort things.

I do agree with that. But the Poll should last for at least a weak, so enough people can participate. It should be announced on reddit, so people who are interested can register and vote in time.

There is no problem in having all the major decisions made in this forum. There is only a problem, when they are only accessible by a small amount of people. As long as everyone who wants to express his opinion, is entitled to do so, everything is fine.

i would prefer a "what would you like to see"-debate over any "yes/no"-poll, just because it encourages ideas and in the end benefits the quality

• Like 3

• Played some this night. Checked all barracks and hangars on NAField and Stary Sobor military camp, and here was one -> 1 -> I -> ONE mag of STANAG ammo (In Stary Sobor). I'm talking about common STANAG's not SD. Was only one STANAG for my weapon. Many AK's and a lot of ammo for it, but no for M16 and A4 weapons. Why?
  • many empty places instad lot.
  • I found 2 crash sites and here was no lot. Even no garbage lot and it is weird.
  • my character is still hungry. How many cans of food you can eat daily? 30?40?

• Like 1

Laughing at all the butthurt here.

Some of the names were good, but enough of them were shitty leet speak/out of game references that they made the immersion of the food products in the game even worse. (obviously they should be named in the local language)

• Like 3

Perhaps this has been asked already, but why would an update be pushed out to Steam before it was posted on the homepage and news feed?

It's always been difficult to follow what the current version is by just reading this forum, so I think a lot of us rely on the homepage or the news feed to find out what the current version is.

Much like some others I hope that some servers remain 1.7.6 so I can play there.

Much like some others I hope that some servers remain 1.7.6 so I can play there.

Ours is because we want to give it a try, So far it seems the hotfix isn't on dayz commander so most people haven't updated it. As a result expect a lot more people to be playing the origonal before the hotfix is added to the downloads.

I do agree with that. But the Poll should last for at least a weak, so enough people can participate. It should be announced on reddit, so people who are interested can register and vote in time.

There is no problem in having all the major decisions made in this forum. There is only a problem, when they are only accessible by a small amount of people. As long as everyone who wants to express his opinion, is entitled to do so, everything is fine.

i would prefer a "what would you like to see"-debate over any "yes/no"-poll, just because it encourages ideas and in the end benefits the quality

I don't, a third party site like pollster should be used and the link posted to the different communities. There is already so much ubermench mentality on these forums, being the "true/real/only community" as I have seen over the last two days that many people will be turned off/won't participate and the problem happens again.

Edited by Bzerker01
  • Like 1

Food items names ruined the immersion, people that thought of adding references into them in that particular manner have made a bad decision and removing them in a hotfix was the best move to make here. The only ones i feel sorry for is the people that actually had to make those skins, but simply replacing a title on a texture with a non idiotic immersion breaking name shouldnt be all that difficult.

Also, pandering towards moderators ITT is pretty pathetic. Deal with it.

That is all.

• Like 3

I am not downgrading to 1.7.6.1 ... I am happy with the cans ... you can't force me to Downgrade ... you can't I tell yo. :P