r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6.1 Hotfix

This update only proves that the dev team doesn't have a spine. They put something in the game, that didn't change or break anything, and instantly pander to people whom never had an argument in the first place.

You should feel bad that you backed down and allowed this to happen to supposedly "your game." You are putting it in the development in the hands of people who complain on the internet, but I'm sorry to inform you that they will always say that you're in the wrong. Stick to your core vision, quit caring about people who are just yelling to yell.

Edited by Kramartacus
  • Like 4

I know that a lot of other people have said this, but I think that removing the new foods is a mistake. The forum mods and other people that help contribute to DayZ should get some recognition for the work that they put it for no personal gain at all. They take time out of their day to make this all possible, and this is how a part of the community responds? That is ridiculous. I hope to see 1.7.6.2 soon, with the new models back in.

• Like 1

This update only proves that the dev team doesn't have a spine. They put something in the game, that didn't change or break anything, and instantly pander to people whom never had an argument in the first place.

You should feel bad that you backed down and allowed this to happen to supposedly "your game." You are putting it in the development in the hands of people who complain on the internet, but I'm sorry to inform you but they will always say that you're in the wrong. Stick to your core vision, quit caring about people who are just yelling to yell.

Indeed... just look at World of Warcraft... ppl always cry about different shit on their forums.. and the dev's basically dont give a fuck.. their overall opinion seems to be "Deal with it!, or GTFO and play something else"

im not saying the Blizzard method is the way to go, but i agree with Kramartacus that you should just stick with your ideas and vision of DayZ and not care too much about the 12 year old kids that are raging because their name isnt on a can :)

Jealousy is a bitch.

Edited by Toft
  • Like 2

lame

elaborate ?

Edited by Toft

the food stuffs gone yet we get to keep the toilet paper?

if i wanted to pick toilet paper all day i would of became a janitor.

Makes no sense to me to add a bunch of useless shit into spawns, would be better if nothing spawned at all instead of junk.

The poll should've happened on a 3rd party, unbiased site, weeks in advance to the items being added, or removed.

Reddit, these forums, YouTube, etc. all have a voice. Rocket and the devs frequent those places, along with lots of players scattered about.

A bunch of people play the mod, but don't read everything here. A lot of players read everything here but don't play the mod.

It's not a "forums vs. Reddit" argument. That's just silly. Categorizing people on one site or the other as "kids" is childish in itself.

It'll be fixed. This is the smallest issue I've ever seen, no matter how I feel about it one way or the other. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a jackass.

• Like 5

It's amazing how something so trivial turns into a huge deal. Its just some names on cans that you don't even read after the few couples time you find it in game. Everyone that argued about it from reddit or here are equally whiny little brats.

The devs did the work they should have just left it in, people would have forgotten about it by the next devblog about SA.

• Like 2

In the time between this patch and the Standalone.... who really cares about a few new tins/coke cans being added to the mod?

Ridiculous!

• Like 2

worst update ever screw the people that complain the new food/drink items were great additions to the game who cares if it breaks immersion doesnt getting killed everytime you see somone or using a lmg or a m107/as50 break it as well i reckon if the you have remmoved the new food/drink iteams then you have to remove the other things that break immersion as well

Quick fix = Rename all cans to russian and release 1.7.6.2. Its not that difficult lol. We can all agree more variety is good, so make it russian or something. Klingon if its needed lol.

• Like 1

I strongly dislike how everyone here refers to the people who didn't like this as whiny kids. Strawman arguments and trying to demean someone who disagrees with you on a subject is to me very immature.

"Sad to see the whiny kids get their way."

With that said, I dislike the idea of having items named after people because there will be plenty more people whom contribute to the game and you simply cannot name them all via items. and the you got the issue of who exactly are you going to thank and what happens to that thank you after a fallout between mods or whatever. This just shows to me a level of incompetence.

• Like 2

I'll say, for everyone who complaind about interfering the realizm of the DayZ world... Where In Russia would You find Lee-Enfield(british weapon)? Where in Russia would You find Winchester 1886(USA weapon)? Where in Russia would You find "Canned Beans", "Canned Pasta" etc. In Real Russia they should be called: "консервированной фасоли" and "консервированные макароны". What I want to say the game isn't super realistic and i like that. Because is all about climat. The game would be unplayable with 100% of realizm level.

Few more types of food make the gameplay experience refreshing. And I would only change names a bit. For example: "LVG Root Beer" to "Root Beer", "mZLY YZLY" to "Dizzy Mzl'y", "R4Z0R" to "RAZOR" etc. In my opinion this is the main reason of community disgust.

You can mention modders in the item description. For example "RAZOR doubles your power, recommend by DJ R4Z0R", "Root Beer, drink with us on stage! LVD school band!".

This will not destroy the climat of the game, and give permanent signature for game modders. Mayby not so visible, as they where in 1.7.6, but still clear enough. What do You think?

Edited by Hoteevi
  • Like 5

the food stuffs gone yet we get to keep the toilet paper?

if i wanted to pick toilet paper all day i would of became a janitor.

Makes no sense to me to add a bunch of useless shit into spawns, would be better if nothing spawned at all instead of junk.

yeah like in real life. when i go to my grocery store there are also just the 6 things i need at the moment, the rest is gone, don't know how they do it?

Maybe think about it how it can add to a deeper scavenge-experience. And just because maybe you're not that into that aspect it doesn't mean others aren't neither.

Most of the time you would find useless junk instead of something you really need at the moment...

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

The one that bothered me was the one named after a WarZ mod. Albeit he has been a forum member for awhile here.

It's a shame about all that wasted effort and sad that a little known straw poll had the final say, people - your bottle went.

As for the poll, nobody i play with was aware of it's existence until after the hotfix announcement, did over a million players vote? I doubt it, the trouble with polls is those who feel indifferent don't bother to vote, those who don't know about it don't vote either so you just get the weird ones who care too much either way spamming it, online polls mean nowt especially largely unknown and rushed polls.

Pick a few of the better ones and slowly introduce them patch by patch, also recognise that there were some silly ones where the designers got a bit carried away and they should not be reintroduced.

Edited by wabbit

I've held back to now but no more.

This community has stepped to a new low. First they were screaming and shouting for removal of weapons, not enough zombies, too many zombies, bla bla bla, now were onto removing food items? Are you guys FUCKING serious?

Quite frankly the dev team needs to stop pandering to a few hundred whiners that will never be happy no matter what you do(there's 1.499 million players that are not whining). You fix one thing and no sooner have they moved on to the next thing to whine about. Its fucking ridiculous.

excuse the language but enough is enough!

• Like 13

I don't care about the new food items either wey but a better way of honoring the dev team would be to put some graffiti on some walls in Cherno or something. Maybe painted with the blood of innocent survivors.

I've held back to now but no more.

This community has stepped to a new low. First they were screaming and shouting for removal of weapons, not enough zombies, too many zombies, bla bla bla, now were onto removing food items? Are you guys FUCKING serious?

Quite frankly the dev team needs to stop pandering to a few hundred whiners that will never be happy no matter what you do(there's 1.499 million players that are not whining). You fix one thing and no sooner have they moved on to the next thing to whine about. Its fucking ridiculous.

excuse the language but enough is enough!

My sentiments, exactly.

• Like 2