r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6.1 Hotfix

-quick list of ideas-

Since you mentioned crafting, I think we should be able to craft arrows for the Crossbow. I made a thread regarding craftable arrows. You might want to check it out for ideas

now how about a subtle experience skill set that increases the efficiency at crafing? Nothing too elaborate like EVE, just something to set each avatar apart from the rest ingame.

Since you mentioned crafting, I think we should be able to craft arrows for the Crossbow. I made a thread regarding craftable arrows. You might want to check it out for ideas

This was the reason we moved to wooden arrows.

now how about a subtle experience skill set that increases the efficiency at crafing? Nothing too elaborate like EVE, just something to set each avatar apart from the rest ingame.

Days survived would work for this. Look at epeen montior im sure we added days survived already :-)

first of all it would be good to creat thing that you can really use... - why wasting time to creat things that are useless?

I think your modding team has many other things to do, which could be more usefull and interesting for us gamers.

I really hope, that you dev./ modders really look into the suggestion-section here in forum.

There are always the same features, that will be suggested... why not really work on these, to make us all happy?

Nearly every second thread there goes up to BASE BUILDING or something like this.

regarding... CRAFTING SYSTEM

it would be nice to make following items crafted..

> big tent(full enterable+you can also store items in) - pls read more about this downside my post)

items needed:

10x fur/coat of animals

10x lashes

1x knife(for cutting/crafting)

> meals

bread

soup

etc. (more ideas will be welcome)

> fishing rods

1x wood

1x lashes

> Bow / arrows

bow:

.......2x wood

.......1x lashes

.......1x knife(for cutting/crafting)

a bundle of arrows needs: (you get 10 pieces of arrows after crafting)

.......5-10x wood

.......1x hunting knife(for sharpen)

> walkie talkie (when its usefull)

???????

> sleeping bag

3x fur/coat of animals

2x lashes

regarding HARVESTING..

I know there are some "fields" out there on map....

what would be, if you could plant something? Wheat?(seeds could be found in supermarket) ... after days, if you plant it outside, it is grown up and you could harvest it.. to make bread... (sure you need other things too for making bread) :)

I think it would be cool, if you can make things for surviving outside in the woods... without visiting any town.

If you have water-sauce / food-sauce

Also nice would be to adopt a SLEEPING FEATURE in. This could work like sitting... you lay down and every minute you lay, your body regenerate(maximal 10%blood regeneration + maximal 10%temperature goes normal > but slowly)

For this you could make a new item what could be found in supermarket > SLEEPING BAG (you can not lay down and sleep if you don´t have this item) - option 2: you can craft a sleeping bag (items what could be used for: coat/fur (of animals) or something else...

I suggest also, to make rain more efficiently and nights more colder for this sleeping feature. Because its not nice to sleep outside in woods on ground, when its raining and the nights are cold. Fact: the temperature goes down faster, you can get cold faster, than normal.

I know, house building or something will be not able... because server instances. BUT! - what would be, if you can make also a bigger tent... something like this http://image.made-in...tary-Tent-2.jpg

So its full enter-able... and you can also sleep in when its raining + you can also store items in

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Days survived would work for this. Look at epeen montior im sure we added days survived already :-)

So If I just run around eating beans I will gain talent of crafting arrows faster or what ever?

Sounds like a shortcut, would be better if you could track how many times certain task is done.

So If I just run around eating beans I will gain talent of crafting arrows faster or what ever?

Sounds like a shortcut, would be better if you could track how many times certain task is done.

I think he means that 'days survived' works well enough to set avatars apart ingame. The introduction of skills would be a wrong turn.

• Like 3

This whole food thing is ridiculous. The point is that the devs are implementing a bunch of useless stuff and then releasing an untested, broken update. This is what it's about, at least for me.

And, R4Z0R49, publicEH is broken. Please fix it. I'm not even sure if you're aware of the game breaking "Requesting Authentication" issue, but I hope you are.

It's a freaking headache for myself and hundreds out there that are trying to run a server.

Apologies if I may have come across rude, but I am beyond frustrated because of this broken update.

P.S Everyone needs to stop suggesting shit and let these guys focus on FIXING it first.

1.7.2.5 Alpha

1.7.2.6 Alpha

1.7.3 Beta

1.7.4.4 Full release

1.7.5.1 Pre-Alpha

1.7.6.1 Pre-Alpha

Edited by MrB
  • Like 1

No offence, but I don't think alpha testing is your forte.

• Like 1

And I don't think you run a demanding server that get's empty because of the issues caused by this untested release.

I just want to get this problem across to the devs so they fix it asap. If that bothers you, no offence.

Edited by MrB
  • Like 1

This whole food thing is ridiculous. The point is that the devs are implementing a bunch of useless stuff and then releasing an untested, broken update. This is what it's about, at least for me.

And, R4Z0R49, publicEH is broken. Please fix it. I'm not even sure if you're aware of the game breaking "Requesting Authentication" issue, but I hope you are.

It's a freaking headache for myself and hundreds out there that are trying to run a server.

Apologies if I may have come across rude, but I am beyond frustrated because of this broken update.

P.S Everyone needs to stop suggesting shit and let these guys focus on FIXING it first.

1.7.2.5 Alpha

1.7.2.6 Alpha

1.7.3 Beta

1.7.4.4 Full release

1.7.5.1 Pre-Alpha

1.7.6.1 Pre-Alpha

And I don't think you run a demanding server that get's empty because of the issues caused by this untested release.

I just want to get this problem across to the devs so they fix it asap. If that bothers you, no offence.

How about instead of getting indignant about a MOD that has been CLEARLY stated as back burner'd for over 6 months, you wake up and stop crying.

Suggestions, security, development, etc ALL get focused on the standalone...

If you want a tip top stable running DayZ Mod server I recommend you change over to private hive, another map, AND frankly start developing your own... that's what I've done, that's the ONLY way you have control over what's on your server...

I think people freaking out about problems with a HUGE update that we were never promised or guaranteed should prob. eat some of my favorite un-added food item "Can of STFU"

I have a public hive server ranked between high 200's and 400's and the only down time I've had was due to me refusing to patch the food item removal, and a gameservers.com outage...

I'd have to guess you're doing it wrong if you're having such major problems on your public hive.

Every build is tested before release. You need to remember that you're talking a bit an unfinished mod though, of course there will be problems along the way. You just have to roll with the punches. R4Z0R is working hard to develop DayZ mod to be the best that it can be.

• Like 1

How often do you restart ? we restart every 6 hours and don't really have massive issues logging in it does get delayed the longer the server runs and always has with 50 players.

Edited by mZLY

How often do you restart ? we restart every 6 hours and don't really have massive issues logging in it does get delayed the longer the server runs and always has with 50 players.

Every 3 hours on a good day, usually every 50 minutes because of people spawning in the debug. Server also has 50 people throughout the day and runs smooth when it does, if we don't get the error. But today we had the error occur already every single restart, like 1 hour in.

I think I'm done with running it, no more patience tbh..I can start PM'ing you releavant info, stuff from the logs. I'm not good with github and don't know how to use it.

EDIT:

The problem appears to be not the delay in logging in, but something broken in the process. People can still log in if they press esc a couple of times which will make them spawn in the debug, depending on the server load, it can take from 30s to a minute for them to spawn. But that shouldn't happen, anyways.

I have tried using the publicEH.sqf found in dayz_code\init, from version 1.7.5.1. That made things better, but the problem still occurs, and seems to be a lot more random. The behaviour:

1.7.6.1 publicEH: People start spawning in debug after 30-50 mins of server uptime, always occuring.

1.7.5.1 publicEH: 5/10 times it will break completely and spawn people in debug, without the ability to spawn by waiting (whereas 1.7.6.1 one, you can spawn after waiting), but then, 5/10 times it will go the 3 hours without breaking.

I don't know what to try anymore, nothing seems to stop me losing players over this. And the most annoying part is that it's like 50/50, some servers get it, some don't. But I've seen enough get it to say it's a DayZ problem.

Believe me, I switched hive's, switched out files, tried fixing stuff with the little knowledge that I have in SQF scripting. I'm all out of ideas.

Edited by MrB

To be fair it would be nice to know the details of the error your getting.

I am referring to "Something went wrong, please disconnect and try again!" as the error, but I do usually get some errors in the log. I'll build up all of those and PM you with as much information as I can get.

I am referring to "Something went wrong, please disconnect and try again!" as the error, but I do usually get some errors in the log. I'll build up all of those and PM you with as much information as I can get.

Close to all the dev team run servers this is the first report of this issue. The publicEH will have nothing to do with it. What made you even try to edit that file?

But yea something else seems to be at play here i need to know everything you can about your setup including testing with and without be filters.

hell yea, baby!!

Concept DayZ is looking sexier by the minute, now. Dev Team take note. I COMMAND YOU TO TAKE NOTE!!!

• Like 1

Yea, but days survived doesn't give you benefits of getting better at your crafting more efficiently. Realistically, things should get easier the more you do it.

It doesn't matter if it means you'll have a bunch of people training on specific jobs like crafting whores.

In real life, isn't this kinda like what we do in school or university? We focus on a specific task till we get real, real good at it.. like... y'know... like a whore.

Edited by codestargod

first of all it would be good to creat thing that you can really use... - why wasting time to creat things that are useless?

I think your modding team has many other things to do, which could be more usefull and interesting for us gamers.

I really hope, that you dev./ modders really look into the suggestion-section here in forum.

There are always the same features, that will be suggested... why not really work on these, to make us all happy?

Nearly every second thread there goes up to BASE BUILDING or something like this.

regarding... CRAFTING SYSTEM

it would be nice to make following items crafted..

> big tent(full enterable+you can also store items in) - pls read more about this downside my post)

items needed:

10x fur/coat of animals

10x lashes

> meals

bread

soup

etc. (more ideas will be welcome)

> fishing rods

1x wood

1x lashes

> Bow / arrows

bow:

.......2x wood

.......1x lashes

.......1x knife(for cutting/crafting)

a bundle of arrows needs: (you get 10 pieces of arrows after crafting)

.......5-10x wood

.......1x hunting knife(for sharpen)

> walkie talkie (when its usefull)

???????

> sleeping bag

3x fur/coat of animals

2x lashes

regarding HARVESTING..

I know there are some "fields" out there on map....

what would be, if you could plant something? Wheat?(seeds could be found in supermarket) ... after days, if you plant it outside, it is grown up and you could harvest it.. to make bread... (sure you need other things too for making bread) :)

I think it would be cool, if you can make things for surviving outside in the woods... without visiting any town.

If you have water-sauce / food-sauce

Also nice would be to adopt a SLEEPING FEATURE in. This could work like sitting... you lay down and every minute you lay, your body regenerate(maximal 10%blood regeneration + maximal 10%temperature goes normal > but slowly)

For this you could make a new item what could be found in supermarket > SLEEPING BAG (you can not lay down and sleep if you don´t have this item) - option 2: you can craft a sleeping bag (items what could be used for: coat/fur (of animals) or something else...

I suggest also, to make rain more efficiently and nights more colder for this sleeping feature. Because its not nice to sleep outside in woods on ground, when its raining and the nights are cold. Fact: the temperature goes down faster, you can get cold faster, than normal.

I know, house building or something will be not able... because server instances. BUT! - what would be, if you can make also a bigger tent... something like this http://image.made-in...tary-Tent-2.jpg

So its full enter-able... and you can also sleep in when its raining + you can also store items in

PLS DEV. / MODDING TEAM read the suggestions of our postings !

I really get angry. I/WE all really make efforts to give you hints for making DAYZ better!

BUT I DON`T THINK YOU REALLY PAY ATTENTION ON OUR POSTINGS! I THINK YOU MAKE WHAT U WANT.

Putting "Razors" and trashloot is a needless work (for my opinion) Work on things, that DAYZ-players really want

edit: PLS ROCKET READ MY SHIT POST

Edited by TiMEDANCE

When you mention something not on the list ill let you know until then time is everything. We don't have a team of 500 ppl its a small team growing day by day that all have kids/full time jobs to do. Trash loot items are just important as items to use. Up to this point we have tried to keep a health balance of new, fixed and updated items yes some new items bring bugs some changes cause old bugs to come back welcome to development.

No matter what we do no one will be 100% happy.

Your welcome to learn to model/code and send in your items anytime :-) just let me know where you plan to start on your list.

Ps All trash items added so far have other purpose's that may come into play later.

• Like 4

PLS DEV. / MODDING TEAM read the suggestions of our postings !

I really get angry. I/WE all really make efforts to give you hints for making DAYZ better!

BUT I DON`T THINK YOU REALLY PAY ATTENTION ON OUR POSTINGS! I THINK YOU MAKE WHAT U WANT.

Putting "Razors" and trashloot is a needless work (for my opinion) Work on things, that DAYZ-players really want

edit: PLS ROCKET READ MY SHIT POST

Give the devs a break, how on earth can they include every suggestion, bearing in mind that a good suggestion does not automatically translate to it being possible?

It is easy to suggest when you dont actually have to do the creating yourself.

I mean i wouldnt mind a transporter device or an interstellar spacecraft - come on NASA you fucking slackers get onto it!!

• Like 3

I'm still waiting for the hover-boards I was promised in the 80's.

• Like 4

There is a dedicated Forum Section for Suggestions.

It is the 3rd most visited on this Forum.

Use it.

• Like 2