r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6.1 Hotfix

The only issues I have:

- The chopper crashes were fine prior to the patch. I assume the longer the server stays up, the more will spawn, however see the second issue.

- Players are not able to join at times and "something went wrong" seems to be a frequent occurence. This issue can happen 15 minutes, two hours, or not at all after a server restart. I currently have the server set to restart every two hours due to this bug.

- Vehicles sometimes do not repair, magically repair themselves after adding only one part, or fail to repair at all despite throwing multiple parts at it.

I'd be happy to give you access to my FTP if you wish to review anything.

The only issues I have:

- The chopper crashes were fine prior to the patch. I assume the longer the server stays up, the more will spawn, however see the second issue.

- Players are not able to join at times and "something went wrong" seems to be a frequent occurence. This issue can happen 15 minutes, two hours, or not at all after a server restart. I currently have the server set to restart every two hours due to this bug.

- Vehicles sometimes do not repair, magically repair themselves after adding only one part, or fail to repair at all despite throwing multiple parts at it.

I'd be happy to give you access to my FTP if you wish to review anything.

Issue two and three have been reported already they are already on the buglist. Thanks

http://dayzmod.com/f...-1761-bug-list/

So are there any existing issues you think should take priority over additional content now? Because it really feels like we are going around in circles here... Telling them that they need to get their prioritise right and fix existing issues before releasing new content is useless if you can't actually identify any existing issues for them to prioritise.

If you have a look at the patch notes for every update you'll see additions and fixes. All I'm asking is that the fixes get prioritised over the additions. Is it really that hard to understand? Do you think implementing fixes should be delayed due to new additions being implemented alongside the fixes?

The Z routing is far better now, but I bet we could have got it earlier if it wasn't included in a patch with a load of bling.

You managed to jump on the 'I'm not going to read what he wrote but comment on it nonetheless' bandwagon, similar to Plank.

Hot tip: If you actually identify things needing to be fixed they will give them priority over additions. Complaining that their priorities are misplaced without suggesting an alternative for them to focus on is pointless. Anyone can look back in hindsight and tell them they should have fixed something sooner but that is never going to happen until they can identify the issues and come up with solutions for them. It's got nothing to do with holding fixes back so new content can be added, things aren't going to be fixed if they can't identify the issue or figure out a solution for it yet.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

If you have a look at the patch notes for every update you'll see additions and fixes. All I'm asking is that the fixes get prioritised over the additions. Is it really that hard to understand? Do you think implementing fixes should be delayed due to new additions being implemented alongside the fixes?

The Z routing is far better now, but I bet we could have got it earlier if it wasn't included in a patch with a load of bling.

You managed to jump on the 'I'm not going to read what he wrote but comment on it nonetheless' bandwagon, similar to Plank.

Well, you've been asked multiple times now to list the "old" bugs that have been forgotten about due to new content being added. So far you've offered us nothing of substance apart from the fact you're sure Zeds AI would be better by now were it not for them.

As Razor pointed out, there are different people working on different things so much of the new content won't be created at the expense of something else. As has already been mentioned, there will always be bugs, it's a mod. Rocket managed to nearly break the mod many times and he has much experience with the Arma engine so history tells us that new patches = new bugs/issues. It will always be that way.

I've read all of your posts and I understand you are frustrated, I also know why, you have made yourself very clear. Maybe now it's time to let someone else have a turn unless you have more to add or a list of bugs.

Is it really that much to ask that you read what I posted?!

Of course it isn't, and I did read it.

I'll quote it here for convenience:

I do find it increasingly apparent that the term 'alpha' is used as an excuse to prioritise new content over resolving old issues. God knows why it's still referred to as an alpha release anyway - 99% of the userbase play the game for enjoyment, not for alpha testing.

So... Could you list the current issues you think needs to take priority, or are you only complaining about how developement, in your opinion, has been in the past?

And about the cans, they didn't take time away from fixing anything as they weren't made by the devs.

They were made by people who took an interest in the project and who decided to contribute to it rather than moan about it.

• Like 1

Yea part of the loot system was fred's :-) (Precompiled Arrays)

Give the timeout fix listed above a try.

We all wont to fix this issue but unless we can recreate not sure how we can fix. No one so far has been willing to send in logs or anything my guess this is due to them running 3rd party systems or system specs that don't meet what DayZ needs for 50 players.

A player reported some problem to log in a server.

I tried to join, and in parallel watched the server logs.

First try: hung at the beginning of the last progress bar.

In the logs : according to BE pv logs, "dayzLogin" is not even sent by the client! So the problem occurs quite early in the process (before server_playerLogin from DayZ mod is called). And in BE filter, I see that I am kicked because of the "seagull" in createVehicle. So the bug is in client side, which does not detect that it has been kicked and/or the player spawned as a seagull. If you could detect that, and display a message with a button to reconnect, it will shorten the wait and make players less disappointed.

PS 1: Second try was ok.

PS 2: enabling the Seagull in createVehicle filter is not an option.

• Like 1

A player reported some problem to log in a server.

I tried to join, and in parallel watched the server logs.

First try: hung at the beginning of the last progress bar.

In the logs : according to BE pv logs, "dayzLogin" is not even sent by the client! So the problem occurs quite early in the process (before server_playerLogin from DayZ mod is called). And in BE filter, I see that I am kicked because of the "seagull" in createVehicle. So the bug is in client side, which does not detect that it has been kicked and/or the player spawned as a seagull. If you could detect that, and display a message with a button to reconnect, it will shorten the wait and make players less disappointed.

PS 1: Second try was ok.

PS 2: enabling the Seagull in createVehicle filter is not an option.

Looking into this now.

Can i get a copy of your client/server rpt file's as it happens ?.

Can i get a copy of your client/server rpt file's as it happens ?.

Sent in PM

Yea part of the loot system was fred's :-) (Precompiled Arrays)

Give the timeout fix listed above a try.

We all wont to fix this issue but unless we can recreate not sure how we can fix. No one so far has been willing to send in logs or anything my guess this is due to them running 3rd party systems or system specs that don't meet what DayZ needs for 50 players.

I disagree to this. I have changed the timeout to 90s and people are still getting the error after that, and it seems as if there's no working cleanup for anything other than loot, which is sad. Though I'm not sure if this is supposed to be server side or DayZ. We have described the issue, I have provided logs, that may or may not provide useful info because of their nature, though we have identified the issue which should be enough for you to look into.

My system should be able to handle 50 people fine, and it does. I want to outline again that it is only since 1.7.6.1 that you apparently need dual xeon's to run.

Hundreds of DayZ servers around the world are having this issue, but not many decides to report it. As said before I haven't ever ran an official server, so I cannot provide anything specific. But maybe there is someone that is having this issue with the official hive? I hope so, and I hope they are willing to provide all the logs needed, or we won't get this fixed it seems.

EDIT:

Just read facoptere's post, fingers crossed :P

Edited by MrB

Falling out of the world because of my damn heroskin, please fix

Hot tip: If you actually identify things needing to be fixed they will give them priority over additions. Complaining that their priorities are misplaced without suggesting an alternative for them to focus on is pointless. Anyone can look back in hindsight and tell them they should have fixed something sooner but that is never going to happen until they can identify the issues and come up with solutions for them. It's got nothing to do with holding fixes back so new content can be added, things aren't going to be fixed if they can't identify the issue or figure out a solution for it yet.

I'm amazed that major fixes such as Z pathing aligned so well timewise with the additions to the mod!!!!

Like previous posters you fail to get a grip on what I'm saying. All I'm asking for is that fixes get implemented 1st. New content is great, but it actually makes sense to only introduce new content after existing content is stable.

Of course it isn't, and I did read it.

I'll quote it here for convenience:

So... Could you list the current issues you think needs to take priority, or are you only complaining about how developement, in your opinion, has been in the past?

And about the cans, they didn't take time away from fixing anything as they weren't made by the devs.

They were made by people who took an interest in the project and who decided to contribute to it rather than moan about it.

Bravo, you've understood that I was trying to ensure previous mistakes didn't occur again! Obviously if you think implementing countless (and a mean a LOT) of new features won't in anyway delay implementation of fixes to existing problems then I retract the 'Bravo' and suggest you actually change your name by deed poll to 'PLANK'.

Bravo, you've understood that I was trying to ensure previous mistakes didn't occur again! Obviously if you think implementing countless (and a mean a LOT) of new features won't in anyway delay implementation of fixes to existing problems then I retract the 'Bravo' and suggest you actually change your name by deed poll to 'PLANK'.

Okay! We're getting somewhere! Let's prevent those mistakes from happening again!

We could start off with a list of existing problems that need to (and can be) fixed before new features are introduced.

Would you mind making that list?

Also, you are getting close to overusing the excellent 'PLANK' joke. I'm not saying that it isn't hilarious, just that it is wearing a little thin.

You've repeated the same comment about 10 times now. Please either report some bugs or leave the thread clear for other people.

Yea the login issue reported here is a total different issue from the timeout issue.

The issue with login is something during the initial login sequence is causing the client to fail unsure what yet. Once i get client side log as it happens ill be able to work out whats going on.

Can we get away from this new stuff old stuff rubbish all new content is provided by the community same as the bug fixing is provided by the community. If something is fixed or added its because someone fixed or added it. At any point in time if you feel we are not fixing an issue you wont fixing let us no or better yet fix it :-) and let us know.

Until we can recreate not sure how we can fix an issue the info given so far has not helped so far. We need a log of the client as it fails so we can see where its failing so we can then find out why its failing. As you know it works most of the time so why is it failing sometimes.

Just as a stupid test can you remove all battleye filters.

I believe this broke my heli crashes.

The default loot table for these crashes ALWAYS spawns the same gun like 3-4 times, with the addition of some random guns most commonly the SVD_Camo, in the loot table config the chance of the SVD_camo spawning isn't that high, which indicates an internal problem

I edited the loot tables to my liking introuducing the scar, gettting rid of m107 etc, and when i go to a heli crash theres like 3 or 4 scars, and 3 or 4 g36's with no good variety, just like the default. The chance of a scar spawning is 0.01.

Any idea how to fix this?

I know I'm not famous on these forums, but I'd love to see Cap'ns Roadflare Energy Elixir as a lootable drink.

A new feature I would love to see would be if the billboards in the city where blank and the sever owners could rent them out for adds or for clans/anybody to put up info,art, propaganda, or anything to help pay for the server costs. Cheers to everyone involved, love the game, like the latest patch.

Sorry, could someone please move this to DayZ suggestions / Tried reposting in DayZ suggetions but could not upload the pic again.

post-135986-0-45707200-1364094876_thumb.

Edited by RepoCult

A new feature I would love to see would be if the billboards in the city where blank and the sever owners could rent them out for adds or for clans/anybody to put up info,art, propaganda, or anything to help pay for the server costs. Cheers to everyone involved, love the game, like the latest patch.

Yea. I was thinking of having a system like this so that various auxiliary quests could be available for players to access. These could either be generated in a combination of auto and player generated missions.

Auto-generated missions could be linked to the general lore of the game as they may have been posted by residents who once lived there before the Zeds ate them all up. As these residents all speak Chernerrusian, players would need to find themselves a translation dictionary in order to translate and access these quests.

Player generated quests could potentially be anything.These could be written in english, but in order to be able to leave these, you'd first have to secure a notepad and writing instrument.

Another type of bulletin board could be one found in the public square. Kinda like the type of post-board that the dude in 28 days later came across at the beginning of the movie just after he left the hospital.

Of course, you'd hafta fight your way past the zombies to either read or leave messages, but chances are this is where you'd find some neat side missions :)

Players should also be able to "take message" as an indication that they have taken the quest up.

Edited by codestargod

Ok so it looks like we may have identified the login process issue thanks to facoptere's log files I'm still unsure to why it happens.

Whats happening is when client try's to auth for some reason the login process isn't being called so the monitor just stops and wont carry on this then stops any char data from being got from the db. But as the hole login process is a multiple system the rest of the login process still carry's on not knowing the players authentication still hasn't been run

So i'm going to add a retry system to the authentication section and add a stop gap system to make sure the client does not load without authentication. This should stop clients loading as seagulls and will also display a msg if everything fails after 5 retry's.

With a little luck this will be on the next patch.

• Like 7

Sounds exactly like what the problem is. Though, was this auth stuff in 1.7.4.4 or only since recently? If it's new, I think it'd be a better idea just to scrap this whole new login thing and go back to something stable?

Nothing changed in the process of the login not in that section. My guess is this has always been there its just become more noticeable as we added new scripts or fix other systems