r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6.1 Hotfix

hello, any news on the update???

u said u need to talk to other ppl for release.

so, has any talking happened?

on an other note:

dean said the main problem behind the current mod dev is the communication in the team is not working.

any progress in that so far?

Edited by ponc

It was changed to bring in new items and other systems you will see later like crafting. If you read back you will see a few of the ideas for crafting and im sure you can peace together the idea of moving some buildings to specific tables of there own.

Are plans in the works for players to craft their own ammunition? Handloading should be a viable skill and an alternative to finding pre-made ammunition: http://cheaperthandi...ing-starter-kit

You can have players stumble apon crates of casings, lead bullets, powder etc, from which they could start supplememtning their own ammo.

I'd also like to make some booby traps with the gunpowder :)

Edited by codestargod

We know what he was asking. Its the main one alot ask for more weapons more vehicles.

(a) Is it too much as ask that the loot table be modified to include more military weapons/items because at the moment they're not worth visiting.

(B) Why did you carry along the line of 'the loot table does include military loot' when you knew he didn't mean ammo then?

Edited by herbster

(a) Is it too much as ask that the loot table be modified to include more military weapons/items because at the moment they're not worth visiting.

( B) Why did you carry along the line of 'the loot table does include military loot' when you knew he didn't mean ammo then?

Why cant you see that more military weopons just makes the game a team deathmatch rather than a survival game, IMO the AS50 and M107 should be removed, go play battlefield 3 or something or play wasteland. Edited by -Daniel-

hello, any news on the update???

u said u need to talk to other ppl for release.

so, has any talking happened?

on an other note:

dean said the main problem behind the current mod dev is the communication in the team is not working.

any progress in that so far?

Matt will sort the release when he is free to do so. GDC and PAX kept him busy. There's no issue with the current community team outside members have been told if they wish to help they need to let someone know so we can add them on github.

@R4Z0R49

Is basebuilding, such as the mod that was developed, something that you guys may be looking into adding?

It was planned but then pulled due to many reason and problems.

( B) Why did you carry along the line of 'the loot table does include military loot' when you knew he didn't mean ammo then?

a - yes it is id rather remove them all 99.9% of the weapons play no part in dayz but that would be silly as it is a game and you need them.

Do not panic this does not mean they will all be removed or there was a conspiracy theory in the loot tables it was a silly mistake with the weight system.

b - Last i looked there was no detail of what was asked only if mil loot was present so the reply was yes but knowing he ment weapons i should have been clear sue me :-(

• Like 1

Why cant you see that more military weopons just makes the game a team deathmatch rather than a survival game, IMO the AS50 and M107 should be removed, go play battlefield 3 or something or play wasteland.

Erm, did I ask that deer stands have a .50 cal rifle in their loot table? Nope, I asked that they have some military items. At the moment I'd say it's actually detrimental going up a deer stand ladder as the chance of decent loot vs 'open to being shot' doesn't bode well for the survivor.

• Like 1

It was planned but then pulled due to many reason and problems.

a - yes it is id rather remove them all 99.9% of the weapons play no part in dayz but that would be silly as it is a game and you need them.

Do not panic this does not mean they will all be removed or there was a conspiracy theory in the loot tables it was a silly mistake with the weight system.

b - Last i looked there was no detail of what was asked only if mil loot was present so the reply was yes but knowing he ment weapons i should have been clear sue me :-(

The main mistake wasn't the weight system, it was the contents of the loot table. Deerstands became the red headed stepchild of spawn locations after the change. How about prior to implementing changes such as these you get feedback from players?

Have you thought about the fact that as the deerstands offer no military weapons the tents, firestations, control towers and barracks are even MORE of a deathtrap as they are the only places (apart from crashsites) to get military loot. This will affect the solo/more PVE players more than the Clan/more PVP player.

EDIT: You do understand why I suggest feedback prior to implementing changes? It means we don't have to wait months for a fix to come out in the next update.

Edited by herbster

The main mistake wasn't the weight system, it was the contents of the loot table. Deerstands became the red headed stepchild of spawn locations after the change. How about prior to implementing changes such as these you get feedback from players?

Have you thought about the fact that as the deerstands offer no military weapons the tents, firestations, control towers and barracks are even MORE of a deathtrap as they are the only places (apart from crashsites) to get military loot. This will affect the solo/more PVE players more than the Clan/more PVP player.

EDIT: You do understand why I suggest feedback prior to implementing changes? It means we don't have to wait months for a fix to come out in the next update.

Last release was 5 weeks :-). If we stopped to ask your thought's on every change we would take alot longer. Get your self a github account and ask for access quicker way to help.

• Like 2

Do you expect the new release within 3 weeks? If so, then I rephrase to 'more than a month' otherwise, I'll leave it at 'months'. Either way, waiting for a new release for something that was ill thought out isn't exactly good is it?

Almost takes me back to my post a few weeks ago about implementing bug fixes etc 1st instead of new content......

What I will go back to however is you assign somebody to the specific role of Community Liason. That way you or another developer won't get sidetracked on feedback etc issues and you can concentrate on coding. We as a community get somebody to listen to our feedback about impending changes without having to get an account on a development site purely to get in the loop.

Edit: In a business world, think of the Community Liason resource as a Business Analyst. If development projects in the real world didn't have Business Analysts distinct from the development team we'd be royally screwed.

Edited by herbster

Do you expect the new release within 3 weeks?

Matt will sort the release when he is free to do so.

Edited by Max Planck

So what?

You asked a question, you got your answer.

Kind of like a personal Q&A, just for you.

Do you expect the new release within 3 weeks? If so, then I rephrase to 'more than a month' otherwise, I'll leave it at 'months'. Either way, waiting for a new release for something that was ill thought out isn't exactly good is it?

Almost takes me back to my post a few weeks ago about implementing bug fixes etc 1st instead of new content......

What I will go back to however is you assign somebody to the specific role of Community Liason. That way you or another developer won't get sidetracked on feedback etc issues and you can concentrate on coding. We as a community get somebody to listen to our feedback about impending changes without having to get an account on a development site purely to get in the loop.

Edit: In a business world, think of the Community Liason resource as a Business Analyst. If development projects in the real world didn't have Business Analysts distinct from the development team we'd be royally screwed.

As i said in my last reply when you wish to join in with development so you can see why stuff gets added or removed for the bigger picture plz do so until then not really much point in keep going on about the same issue. As i said already the tables have been changed to match what we have also in development not just what you see in a release of an alpha patch. The development of the hole mod isn't always seen you only see what we release at that time. Not what is being added or being done behind the scenes. The hunters posts will play a bigger role as we bring in other systems still in development or still with bugs or design issues.

Everything being done is being done by the community they don't have the knowledge of a BIS employee give them a break. That includes me.

• Like 1

You asked a question, you got your answer.

Kind of like a personal Q&A, just for you.

The original question didn't actually need an answer as you'll notice that after the question I outlined my retort whatever the answer.

The original question didn't actually need an answer as you'll notice that after the question I outlined my retort whatever the answer.

Well, ok. My point was that he can't really do anything to speed it along.

Also, you seem to be finding some sort of perverted joy in pissing on people who work for free to entertain you.

Haven't you heard? Passive-aggressiveness is out, patience and manners are in now.

• Like 1

As i said in my last reply when you wish to join in with development so you can see why stuff gets added or removed for the bigger picture plz do so until then not really much point in keep going on about the same issue. As i said already the tables have been changed to match what we have also in development not just what you see in a release of an alpha patch. The development of the hole mod isn't always seen you only see what we release at that time. Not what is being added or being done behind the scenes. The hunters posts will play a bigger role as we bring in other systems still in development or still with bugs or design issues.

Everything being done is being done by the community they don't have the knowledge of a BIS employee give them a break. That includes me.

I totally appreciate that changing tables etc to accomodate future features etc will take up a developers time. I also appreciate that this happens behind the scenes with the 'bigger picture' in mind. That's not my point though. My point is that by getting somebody to act as an interface between developers and the community would not only allow the developers to focus on development and hence get things out quicker, it would also allow the more interaction between the project and the community via the interface resource. This would allow greater understanding of what the community feels would enhance the project.

I know that the project team is different now and totally appreciate that the changeover does take time. All I'm suggesting though is something that would make things easier rather than harder.

Well, ok. My point was that he can't really do anything to speed it along.

Also, you seem to be finding some sort of perverted joy in pissing on people who work for free to entertain you.

Haven't you heard? Passive-aggressiveness is out, patience and manners are in now.

I'm not intentionally trying to piss people off. If you read my posts you'll see a fair amount of congratulations and praise. It obviously gets overlooked though!

I guess my problem is that I get frustrated when people don't understand what I'm trying to say. In a lot of cases this is because I don't phrase my thoughts correctly!

EDIT. Of course I do sometimes intentionally try and irritate people - hence the Plank comments ;)

Edited by herbster

I totally appreciate that changing tables etc to accomodate future features etc will take up a developers time. I also appreciate that this happens behind the scenes with the 'bigger picture' in mind. That's not my point though. My point is that by getting somebody to act as an interface between developers and the community would not only allow the developers to focus on development and hence get things out quicker, it would also allow the more interaction between the project and the community via the interface resource. This would allow greater understanding of what the community feels would enhance the project.

I know that the project team is different now and totally appreciate that the changeover does take time. All I'm suggesting though is something that would make things easier rather than harder.

Its a good idea shout when you have a list of ppl willing to jump on this. From what i can see we already have this in the forums alot of the moderation guys forward stuff that is important to us. Lot of users who love DayZ have already jumped on board to help and they do comment on these forums alot.

Even with that in mind we still can not wait on polls to run a week every time we wish to add a weapon or remove a weapon or change anything. For instant the current change log has 2 new weapons that's two weeks for two polls.

If you wish to see something then you need to get active in the development outside of that all we can do is keep taking ideas from the suggestions and reading info sent to us from users or when released make topics helping us take note of what you see as an issue in this case we have done that.

* [uPDATED] - Hunters loot table adjusted with more weapon

I wonder if dev-heaven.net is still used to post bugs and feedbacks. https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz/issues

It is the only way for to post bugs since I can't create a ticket on github (I tried, even logged at github. Someone can explain?)

A bunch of tickets are still opened on dev-heaven, without any response from devteam.

Pm me your github info ill added you on there.

I really hope in 1.7.7 you actually let the SERVER ADMINS decide whether something is banned or not.

Frankly, it pisses me off that anything is forcefully banned by the dayz dev team.

If you don't want huge tanks, don't spawn in a tank on your server. But for god sake give us the option to do whatever we want.

Hackers can spawn in all of it anyways with a good RE. There is no point to doing this. I hope you realize the stupidity in 100% blacklisting things and put an end to it.

Even if it did prevent hackers, it should be at the server admins risk.

please...stop banning stuff! At least give us the option to unban it!

• Like 2

I really hope in 1.7.7 you actually let the SERVER ADMINS decide whether something is banned or not.

Frankly, it pisses me off that anything is forcefully banned by the dayz dev team.

If you don't want huge tanks, don't spawn in a tank on your server. But for god sake give us the option to do whatever we want.

Hackers can spawn in all of it anyways with a good RE. There is no point to doing this. I hope you realize the stupidity in 100% blacklisting things and put an end to it.

We have no plans just now to unblock all items. If you wish to play DayZ with everything open install rmod or one of the other 600 mods of DayZ. Your more then welcome to create your own mod based on DayZ anytime you like.

Thanks

• Like 3

As much as I agreed with this, it's still not something to rant about.

Theres plenty of ways to make whichever gun or vehicle available to you, even to those on the most restrictive managed server nodes.

Please don't bitch to the very people who are helping us enjoy dayz.