SmashT

DayZ Devblog 15th February 2013

Nope. Although don't forget Rocket said Ivan (I think) may be involved in the next devblog which could be exciting.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

Nope. Although don't forget Rocket said Ivan (I think) may be involved in the next devblog which could be exciting.

my keyboard will not survive another F5 friday marathon...

• Like 2

my keyboard will not survive another F5 friday marathon...

AutoHotKey that, or ForeFox+ReloadEvery Addon. Problem solved. Damn, I love solving problems.

Just throwing this out there, but please, if you put in NPC's, please let them be killable. I would love to revel in the precious, tasty tears of some noob screaming, 'No! I wanted to search aimlessly in the woods for a piece of garbage gun I can find anywhere! Have you no soul!' I would reply 'Yes, and I also have the beans I just looted off your farmer bob npc!'

At the least, maybe one day they could implement a job system. I post a job or an item I want, and the reward I offer is immediately taken out of my inventory. Whoever completes this trade or job has the thing I want removed and both things are placed into secret caches that only the recipient has the coords for. That way we have more interaction between players, and the stories that are told are ours alone to write and to keep. No offense to anyone making this game, but some of the things I've been a part of in the last few weeks could never be written into a game. They happened because people are only human and our actions dictated the outcomes, not some algorithm.

• Like 1

At the least, maybe one day they could implement a job system. I post a job or an item I want, and the reward I offer is immediately taken out of my inventory. Whoever completes this trade or job has the thing I want removed and both things are placed into secret caches that only the recipient has the coords for.

This would remove the possibility of backstabbery and thus the whole 'trust him/trust him not' part of player interaction would disappear. Might as well be NPCs then.

• Like 3

Any ideas of when we see some beautiful videos of DayZ?

From twitter:

"An entire day of zombie mocap tomorrow. Matt has a video camera... expect lots of laughs!"

• Like 5

Just throwing this out there, but please, if you put in NPC's, please let them be killable. I would love to revel in the precious, tasty tears of some noob screaming, 'No! I wanted to search aimlessly in the woods for a piece of garbage gun I can find anywhere! Have you no soul!' I would reply 'Yes, and I also have the beans I just looted off your farmer bob npc!'

At the least, maybe one day they could implement a job system. I post a job or an item I want, and the reward I offer is immediately taken out of my inventory. Whoever completes this trade or job has the thing I want removed and both things are placed into secret caches that only the recipient has the coords for. That way we have more interaction between players, and the stories that are told are ours alone to write and to keep. No offense to anyone making this game, but some of the things I've been a part of in the last few weeks could never be written into a game. They happened because people are only human and our actions dictated the outcomes, not some algorithm.

Yet another good idea that negates NPCs. Well done, Hogs. You have my beans.

Please please let them sort some of the physics in game. Would love to see zeds and players actually bounce about when taking damage.

At the least, maybe one day they could implement a job system. I post a job or an item I want, and the reward I offer is immediately taken out of my inventory. Whoever completes this trade or job has the thing I want removed and both things are placed into secret caches that only the recipient has the coords for

This idea is so asinine that it makes my head hurt.

I suppose your explanation for how this mechanic should work is that you'd have a cadre of magical faeries who secretly rummage through your knapsack and quietly take out the items when someone completes the mission. These wonderfully magical forest dwellers will then fly of to the Gnomes who hold the negotiated items in escrow, and are more than happy to transplant them at the secret location for a small fee. The faeries will then return and whisper softly in your ear that someone has completed the mission you posted, and your items are waiting to be picked up.

Brilliant!

Edited by codestargod
  • Like 2

DayZ Zombie Mocap session went great. Got some great video + pics for the devblog. Here is a teaser!

n2xulx.jpg

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 13

Right click save (for Future PS refference material)

What is with the punk arse Ballerina shoes?

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 1

If they add a currency in the game it would make it unrealistic, trade and barter would be better and if most players spend too long away from players they have nervous breakdowns and other problems but a small few should be able to cope and can only be fixed by spending time with players or with dogs

Also most survivor avatars should have shock or somtjing like that the first few times they kill but some who where ex-soldiers and the like before the zombies came whould just get on with it

Most likely;

But I'm still wondring why a zombie would be crouch-hopping at all?

imagine all zombies would stand upright.

if you see a crawling or crouching person, you would instanly know its another player.

but if the zombies crawl and crouch as well you have to look very closely.

just a guess but i think it makes sense ;)