joe_mcentire

Huge Structures in DayZ SA

An extremely dark underground bunker system containing small amounts of medical supplies and very rarely finding military weapons. Would require flashlight or NVGs to move your way around the bunker making it a good possibility that you'll find unsuspecting players or get lost. Possibly have some sort of security alarm that attracts zeds to the player's location

Edited by TheBanditBambi

@ CreepySalad & RobbL

well guys...then try to give significant examples! I like a huge city o.O. well yeah me too...but hey try to be creative, this is what i intended to get a thread with many creative ideas. so if one comes up with an awesome theatre, the next a creepy city hall/mansion and so forth.. then you would realize we have a city at our hands!

for example a main "avenue" with bars and brothels on a cobbled street, with huge iron railings which go from bottom to roof, a little backyard with an improvised firing range made of bean cans and empty vodka bottles. Imagine a shop with huge red letters "exclusive: crimea's finest natural sparkling, for the special lady. Now also selling piccolos!" you get my idea..

I just imagine meeting you and Mr. Planck on your way to the Elekto Red Light District looking for some sparkling wine :P ...in this case the big western map has to be Amsterdam...

I would like to see two things... A wreck navel fleet, that can be boarded and walked on (not ships you can drive). I think that would be cool as shit, take a boat out to a ship, Navy/Marine zombies on it... Taking smaller boats from ship to ship looking for food/meds/guns etc.

and the thing I think would be cool as shit is...a Psycho asylum... With zombies in stray jackets and the works...

Mainly cause out of everything that really scares me, Asylums are #1.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, and that old wooden ship next to that island, I want to be able to enter it and get me some pirate booty like cutlasses and stuff

hello there

Although Utes has been added in, the engine that powers Arma doesn't have a great track record when it comes to huge/complex structures.

There could be many reasons for this, so it may well handle them, but so far we havn't seen any.

The aircraft carrier, whilst large, is very "low res". This may be down to the fact that Arma didn't really need any more complexity for what is essentially an air field.

I can envisage there being "big" structures, but not any highly detailed ones.

I hope I'm wrong.

Rgds

LoK

hello there

Although Utes has been added in, the engine that powers Arma doesn't have a great track record when it comes to huge/complex structures.

There could be many reasons for this, so it may well handle them, but so far we havn't seen any.

The aircraft carrier, whilst large, is very "low res". This may be down to the fact that Arma didn't really need any more complexity for what is essentially an air field.

I can envisage there being "big" structures, but not any highly detailed ones.

I hope I'm wrong.

Rgds

LoK

yap most games have problems with huge high polygon structures that's why I suggested a complex of buildings :)

What I would want to see most would be some underground structures like sewers or a subway system.

Sewers

Pros:

- Its underground! To me is a big plus, right now Dayz lacks anything underground. I guess this is due to engine limitations but I know rocket wanted to have underground bases so hopefully this will change.

- Relatively easy to set up a base just find a room with one entrance and barricade it. Or maybe if there was a way you could lock doors and gates you could seal off a room that way, also this gives the crowbar some use.

- There would probably be very few zombies down here making it a relativly easy way to get from one side of whatever town it was in to the other.

Cons:

- Night vision goggles wouldn't work here. Because the NVGs in Dayz use amplified light to enable you to see, once you get deep into the sewers they wouldn't work, forcing you to use our flash light (although this would cause some very interesting scenarios).

- Very easy to get lost in. To fix this maybe you could find a map of the sewer system or you could always resort to drawing your own map.

- Extremely easy to catch diseases. Maybe you could find some sort of Hazmat suit to help with this.

3403712052_ef359bcfc1_o_zpsa719c108.jpg

Subway

This would have the pros and cons as the sewers for the most part except there wouldn't be the same chance for disease. However to have a subway system there would have to be a fairly large city so I don't really see this as a possibility for Chernarus.

Edited by Lt. Toast
  • Like 1

so far the most wanted are :

sewers

a large prison or prison camp

a large ship (cargo or air craft carrier)

insane asylum

I personally like the circus idea (clowns are creepy ) and would like to add a football stadium ( would be a good evac zone) and an amusement park :)

One thing that might be easy to add to the game would be a working railroad system. Chernarus already has the tracks in place and I think it would be really cool if players could either fix or even construct a locomotive to travel around the island between the major cities.

Theatres, libraries, universities... They mentioned they wanted to add readable books, that's a place to find them.

A zoo, with cages torn open and wild animals running wild.

Ruined walls, with segments, arcs and whatnot so the map isn't just civilian/military settlements, planes and forests.

personally...there is something i would love to see rocks, rock formations of a massive scale. My idea is something as the "Schloßberg" in Graz, Austria. This rock formation is seemingly out of place on a huge scale. It lies in midst of the city of Graz, with a perfect few in all directions, on a clear day you can see even to Slovenia.

The Schloßberg which roughly translates into "palace" or "castle mountain" is listed as one of the greatest european strongholds of all time, as the Turks were never able to occupy it.

The reason i'd love to see something like this in the game is due to it's maginificant variety.

The huge rock formation has on its foot great entrances (Schloßbergplatz), due to WW2 with several tunnelsand even an elevator in the middle of the rock up to its surface. The main tunnel leads across the rock to another build another entry on the other side. From this tunnel you reach a festival/ concert hall in the middle of the mountain! (It is literally a dwarven stronghold!)

Here a homepage wich depicts the tunnel-system: http://www.geheimpro...at/t_schlo.html

There is even a train on one side of the rock: http://de.wikipedia....bergbahn_(Graz)

On top there a several remains of the former fortress, which got partially demolitioned over time, which are the most famous "Uhrturm" ("Clock Tower"), with its beautiful gardens at its surrounding. As well as the "Türkenbrunnen"(Turks' well"), a deep well (94m), built and operated by turkish prisoners, a chinese pavillon with an amazing view over the whole area of Graz and further. Further there are the "Kasematten" ("casemates"), the "Glockenturm" ("Clock Tower") and the "Schlossbergbahn" a train which leads fromn the city up to to its top.

To top it off, there are a beer garden, and two very modern cafés/restaurants (glass constructions). Not to forget, there are these "Kriegssteige" ("war paths") all around and along the Schlossberg.

If you're ionterested feeel free to watch this tiny video to get a better idea:

(well this viedo is pretty shitty...but there are no good ones haha)

Of course almost unimplementable...but i would something for everyone and i imagine a sunset ontop of it in dayz as well as in real life.

edit: maybe some spanish or even korean know this place... as well as austrians and everyone from neighbour countries...

Edited by joe_mcentire

i would add a big structure, either a very big hospital complex that was being built and expanded in a huge scale because of the infection and it became a quaratine zone, with elevators for service and patients, a heli on top, you might say like l4d but i would answer a complex of those maybe, or either a shopping mall that became a last stand, lots of beds, bunks, resources, barbed wire, or either a quarantine wall, huge one segregating one block or region for another, like trying to prevent people from crossing, just like israel has around gazza i know its bad but we can use with a more humane reason, like trying to avoid the infection to go another region, or a fully quarantined block like in i am legend, maybe a fema camp, or whatever they call it in there, bunkers would be nice too.

Big structures that had lots of people during the infection because they were forced into or escaped there.

so far the most wanted are :

sewers

a large prison or prison camp

a large ship (cargo or air craft carrier)

insane asylum

I personally like the circus idea (clowns are creepy ) and would like to add a football stadium ( would be a good evac zone) and an amusement park :)

Did the soviets like football?

I think it's just a rumor as I couldn't verify it but some people said that they wanted to replace the airport on Utes with a big prison.

It is a great idea indeed as we already have 2 airfields on a 15km x 15km map so that's basically enough I guess :D

Can anyone confirm this?

He did say utes was a work in progress...

If there was a sewer system I would cry tears of joy.

A metro probably wouldn't be realistic is Chernarus because it is so rural.

An old abandoned underground Cold War lab/base that has high value military and medical loot. But it's incredibly hard to access. Maybe in order to access it you have to restore power and find a key code or something. Also the inside should have a few zombies in it. Not too many tho.

• Like 2

Maze like Sewer system under main urban areas.

Subway system where train cars can be modified to run on alternative power source.

Cruise ship near the coast with full interior and undead passengers also life rafts/small boats.

Maze like maximum security Prison with lockable cells, (great for taking hostages)

Car garage with tools like welder where mad max style modifications can be made to vehicles.

Building like Nakatomi tower from die hard, with offices, restaurants, etc.

Nuclear research facility like shadow moses island from MGS.

Sewers would be so luch win, and Rocket actually addressed the question.

He said he would even be ok working with instances, but other devs wanted to do it properly. Would be awesome if they can pull this out.

i suggested this awhile ago, and I will request it again....

A Wal-Mart. I dont feel i need to explain any further.

Edited by Quaby