griffinz

DayZ Devblog 4th February 2013

why do the character models look so fit and clean shaven? Also why are the clothes unstained and untorn? Is this high school musical or a post apocalyptic world

Day Glee!!

• Like 1

All after me......

Utes! Utes!!! Utes!!!!!!! Utes!!!!!!!!!!

Another game blowing tactical choice to make.

I thought it was the original X-Com? Am i mistake?

I heard this interview where Jagged Alliance was cited.

I never played X-Com, just watched a video but didn't see any inventory, could you please link me to some info?

17 pages and nobody has done it yet. I'm so disappointed in this community.

frsfc.jpg

• Like 7

When Matt was trying the clothes on and Rocket was telling him to twirl at one point I thought...DAM imagine if he said ok Matt now take a dump right there to show our new poop mechanism.....LOL maybe things like that should be left to the release to allow players some privacy. :huh:

• Like 1

The text/font and buttons in the UI all look pretty shitty to be frank, really out of place. I'm hoping it's all just place holder menus and fonts for the moment, but i'll admit it's still a improvement over the menu's in Arma so hopefully they find something a little more clean/simple looking when they start polishing the game up for public beta. The menus almost look like something you'd find on a "Web2.0" site.

Otherwise Lighting, animations, and everything else already looks pretty well polished and a great improvement over the mod so i'm looking forward to release and will be patiently waiting to finally get to purchase it on steam. Overall it's really exciting to finally get to see even a little bit of footage.

• Like 4

Looks like some pretty good changes, keep it up guys I cant wait to see where this franchise guys.

I don't mean to rush you guys as I can see your doing a great job but I must say I NEED TO PLAY THIS!!!!!!! I also would REALLY REALLY LIKE to see the NEW INVENTORY SYSTEM!!!

Am I the only one thinking that Deans character looks like Eminem ?

• Like 1

Am I the only one thinking that Deans character looks like Eminem ?

He resembles more of Colin Kaepernick to me, but you are onto something I suppose.

• Like 2

Because of the new loot spawning system, will it be possible to actually hide/stash loot in buildings wherever we want?

It would be cool if there was for example, a cabinet, or chest, in a house, or a car boot on a wreck that had a set of keys in it, and you could stash gear in it, lock it, then hide the keys somewhere...like under a flower pot outside a house, or under the seat of a car wreck...

Or, safes with combination locks...Or Chests with combination padlocks.

Any or all of these could be really handy features to have.

Edited by soapmak3r

He resembles more of Colin Kaepernick to me, but you are onto something I suppose.

That shit is scary.

i would love to see some greater structures,i don't care which one. abandoned small scale football stadium, prison-facilites...or how about a mental facility like shutter island! By Great Odin's raven!!

A former Soviet prison camp on Utes, an old insane asylum on Skalista, an orthodox abbey ( could be on some small island too), oil platforms, a cargo ship, the football ( soccer) stadium of Dynamo Elektozavodsk or Spartak Zelenogorsk. coal mines...

Would be cool if a few places could be cleaned and used as bases.

......... ( this dots are on the house ;) )

• Like 5

What they showed in the video looks amazing so far can't wait to finally play the game once it's released. It will definetly be one of the best games out.

Now we're all looking forward to see the new zeds in action, the new inventory system, and well, most everything that havent been shown yet. (melee, new items/weapon models, nightime gameplay)

I think there's enough stuff left to tease us for a couple more months, not sure if it's a good or a bad thing honestly :)

Now we're all looking forward to see the new zeds in action, the new inventory system, and well, most everything that havent been shown yet. (melee, new items/weapon models, nightime gameplay)

I think there's enough stuff left to tease us for a couple more months, not sure if it's a good or a bad thing honestly :)

I didn't saw bad things buddy ;)

He said there will be gasmasks too :)

I respect the work that Rocket and the team have done for this SA but are you seriously exited about cans of beans under chairs? Is that going to be the final implementation regarding the looting system?

So no opening cupboards, boxes or trunks etc? Just stuff spread everywhere? I guess it would mean a lot of work or something but it makes me wonder how much work since it seems that after a long time you've "only" managed to make all doors openable (not sure if that's even a word)...

And yes, it is a lot better loot system but I guess I've been playing too much Fallout where the looting system is purely awesome since you can go through pretty much everything and it takes time to loot a house properly. Have you btw ever considered going for something similar than in FO3 for example? I just can't get myself jumping up and down over a few trinkets under a bar stool that's all.

All in all I like what I've heard and seen so keep up the good work!

• Like 3

A former Soviet prison camp on Utes, an old insane asylum on Skalista, an orthodox abbey ( could be on some small island too), oil platforms, a cargo ship, the football ( soccer) stadium of Dynamo Elektozavodsk or Spartak Zelenogorsk. coal mines...

Would be cool if a few places could be cleaned and used as bases.

......... ( this dots are on the house ;) )

An insane asylum? You mean there could be zeds even crazier than the ones we have now?

With all the talk of prisons and asylums, swamps and enterable buildings, I forgot to ask,

Do you think we'll be able to go for a squint inside a power station?

I don't expect to find much of interest, but the number of times I've walked past and not even thought about the interior...

...It's got me curious now.

An insane asylum? You mean there could be zeds even crazier than the ones we have now?

This made me think of an orphanage turned insane asylum haunted by its former inmates... It certainly can get crazier than our zeds.

Ahh, The Cradle. The Cradle never leaves you.

• Like 1

Because of the new loot spawning system, will it be possible to actually hide/stash loot in buildings wherever we want?

It would be cool if there was for example, a cabinet, or chest, in a house, or a car boot on a wreck that had a set of keys in it, and you could stash gear in it, lock it, then hide the keys somewhere...like under a flower pot outside a house, or under the seat of a car wreck...

Or, safes with combination locks...Or Chests with combination padlocks.

Any or all of these could be really handy features to have.

And hidden satchel charges?

You could have fun trading with players, Player 1 says"o.k. I have put the goods in that house" player 2 says "I will go and make transaction and leave your trade in the cupboard"

Player 2 enters building, goes to cupboard and opens.

Boom.

Player 1 laughs head off

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

that could explain the survivors, freed mental patients. Most normal people would leave Chernarus.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

This made me think of an orphanage turned insane asylum haunted by its former inmates... It certainly can get crazier than our zeds.

Ahh, The Cradle. The Cradle never leaves you.

this place still is haunting me in my dreams

• Like 1