amlaborde@windstream.net

Buzzards flying over dead bodies.

When ever you drive long the countryside in the real world. You may see these birds flying in a circle in the distance. usually that is due to them finding something that is dead for them to scavenge. Now, I already know that the buzzing of flies indicates that there is a body in the area. But that only happens when you are pretty much right on it...

What if when you are roaming the woods; you look up and see Buzzards flying in circles in the distance? That would give you the idea that somebody has died in that area.before you are right on top of it. Also it should only happen in the wooded areas. Cities do not really have these birds in them much.

• Like 16

How about ZOMBIES EATING THE CORPSES? Z0mG!1!!ONE!!!11! That'd be amazing!

But it does seem interesting OP. Maybe there could be a larger group of birds depending on how long the body has been dead. Which brings me back to my idea about bodily decay...

Edited by Mickusey

How about ZOMBIES EATING THE CORPSES? Z0mG!1!!ONE!!!11! That'd be amazing!

But it does seem interesting OP. Maybe there could be a larger group of birds depending on how long the body has been dead. Which brings me back to my idea about bodily decay...

Zombies will slap you to death, and walk away, but if you go unconscious for any reason, they will eat you.

They need to be trying to eat you, or trying to kill you.

PICK ONE, ROCKET! :P

This is a cool suggestion on many levels. Maybe Valve will let DayZ use "We don't go to Ravenholm" as an achievement if you shoot at the birds for SA :)

• Like 2

How about rats the size of dogs chewing on a corpse as well?

Come on this is Dayz not Rat Bastards lol

In the first PMC mission there's a sequence where crows hover over a dead body.

• Like 1

I find this idea interesting, maybe have buzzards circling over head and then fly away when you approach the body?

Good idea but from how far away can you see the buzzards, to far and it's a game breaker and to close and it's pointless.

Rocket mentioned that he would like to explore the apocalypse in other countries like America. I would quite like to go to America in-game, I'd have a rifle, pistol, camo, and backpack in minutes.

We have buzzards in europe you know. Ukraine e.g. even has griffons and black vultures on the crimean peninsula.

Now why would the helicopter pilot/s bother to circle a dead body in a deserted area in a post-zombie apocolyptic island (or world)?

Awsome idea, for vultures/crows/whatever to be a tell tale for a distance (maybe visible from about 1km away, probably less) as well as zombies being attracted to 'fresh' dead bodies and eating them.

as an achievement if you shoot at the birds for SA :)

Hell no, NO achievements in this game please. Permadeth not perma points.

In nature you will find scavenger animals around dead corpses, whether big or small there is fact for this to be in game. You have flies in game, you would have larger animals also like foxes and birds (Rats have been tested already)

I would like to see infected eat the dead bodies and leave a pile of gear / loot. less for nature. there will need to be an option for burying body for the more self consious / friendly players (Which wil include drag body option also)

• Like 1

Good idea but from how far away can you see the buzzards, to far and it's a game breaker and to close and it's pointless.

How the heck is this idea game breaking? It is no different than seeing zombies spawn to get an idea where players are, which IS gamebreaking. This just tells you where a dead one is, not to mention it takes buzzards about a few hours to 1 day to find a dead body, so it would show signs of an OLD body, not a FRESH body. Still, it's an aesthetic, and I think it's a pretty cool idea.

Hell no, NO achievements in this game please. Permadeth not perma points.

People have a way of misunderstanding eachother on this thread. In no way was points ever mentioned in the post you quoted nor intended to be a feature. It's like the Steam achievments- there to make you feel like you beat the game fully.

And I support that. It gives you something to work for, encourages you to try new things, and overall gives a sense of accomplishment to a harsh game where dying is usually the only fruit to your labor.

Edited by Neko-san
  • Like 2

I'd like it if it was used more for atmospheric reasons than anything else. Meaning that occasionally a dead body would attract the birds but not all of the time. If it was kept pretty random and infrequent then I think it'd be a nice touch to the game.

• Like 4

I'd definitely be against it if it was a regular occurance, and done as Fraggle says up there ^

It'd just be a bit too easy if every body suddenly generated what's essentially a massive neon sign visible for miles saying GET YOUR LOOT HERE!

Plus, I think the sound of flies is just perfect. Don't think that needs to be removed/modified in any way (bar the hidden body bug)

I'd definitely be against it if it was a regular occurance, and done as Fraggle says up there ^

It'd just be a bit too easy if every body suddenly generated what's essentially a massive neon sign visible for miles saying GET YOUR LOOT HERE!

Plus, I think the sound of flies is just perfect. Don't think that needs to be removed/modified in any way (bar the hidden body bug)

800th post 0__0

I fully support this idea as long as timing is realistic and doesn't happen every single time. If it has a % chance of spawning them over the body after 1-3 hours of the time of death it would be pretty nice. Also they should stay there only for a limited amount of time, eg. 1-2 hours and then disappear imo.

• Like 1

Love the idea. Must be random or restricted to x number of bodies within an area. If 3-5 players have been killed within the vicinity of the fire station in Cherno buzzards should be hovering. You could certainly build on this idea and I like it. Beans to the OP.

Ok here are some expanded ideas on this:

The Buzzards would only appear RANDOMLY after a body has been deceased for X amount of in game hours and for specific bodies, not ALL bodies.

The Buzzards will only spawn in wooded areas more commonly and will rarely spawn inside more populated areas.

If you still want to set up an ambush area, and the Buzzards have started flying in the area. You can shoot at them to make them disperse.

Killing a Buzzard will grant you scavenger meet. BUT, there would be a chance of contracting a form of illness from its carnivore like nature.

The Buzzards will be visible from approx 1500 Meters away. And the sounds can be heard from only 35 meters.

Their life span will only last for 1-2 in game hours and then the birds will disperse automatically.

i couldn't be bothered checking if anyone posted this but.....buzzards?...in Russia?....nop