rocket

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2013

Cannot wait to see footage

all i want to see is the looting system, inventory, clothing, all the buildings.

that will be just amazing! i could watch footage all month!

Made a video on the Volumetric Cloud System in TOH which rocket mentioned :)

• Like 1

Enjoy :P

lol dam i feel bad for the russian guy. I remembered doing that once and ending up in the same result :D

Made a video on the Volumetric Cloud System in TOH which rocket mentioned :)

I've been playing a bit of TOH to have just to have a look and the skies look awesome, it's really going to add some extra atmosphere.

• Like 1

Good question actually. I'm hoping that'll be looked at. I haven't really noticed in TOH but I'll have a look later. I guess in Arma it's always from the west because 1) it saves a hell of a lot of programming and 2) they decided that was where the prevailing weather comes from, also in Arma finding your direction using the envoironment wasn't really an issue because you always had a map so the clouds and weather were purely for atmosphere and didn't really effect gameplay.

Edited by Fraggle

Does anyone else re-read the blog update constantly as well, or is it just me being a pathetic human being?

Will they just float east again or change with the weather?

I really hope the weather system isn't fixed and maybe we wind will have it's own map and contributing factors etc. I hope so anyway :D

Does anyone else re-read the blog update constantly as well, or is it just me being a pathetic human being?

I read it once maybe twice, although I re-watch every Dayz video I can... xD

I really hope the weather system isn't fixed and maybe we wind will have it's own map and contributing factors etc. I hope so anyway :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I've read somewhere the clouds IRL move in one direction because the wind doesnt change at those altitude.

about shooting child zombies...

ive never seen so many children shot in a single scene...

its a little shocking of course.

but i don't understand why it's such a big drama when shooting a child in a game or a movie...

shooting adults, senior citizen, animals is ok?

hypersensitive?

i hope the video wont be deleted by a mod ;)

if they do, search for "Uwe Boll Death in Postal" on youtube ;)

• Like 2

Lol I love how the kids get shot and they actually take a few seconds to react to it. What terrible movie is this? LOL.

its called postal, the movie from the game =D

i find this movie very funny^^

• Like 1

Will they just float east again or change with the weather?

Why did nobody tell me this??

I've been doing that bloody thing with a watch and a shadow when I lacked a compass... Goddamnit!

• Like 3

I feel your pain Max. Felt like a right tool when I read that.

• Like 1

Am i right in saying the ability to place a waypoint on the map is being removed in the standalone?

If this is the case i can see many many people getting lost regardless of having a map :P

Am i right in saying the ability to place a waypoint on the map is being removed in the standalone?

If this is the case i can see many many people getting lost regardless of having a map :P

That's a server setting as it is, I have no idea why anyone would turn it on.

• Like 1

I think Rocket mentioned that they have something special in mind for the maps ..maybe it will be possible to place waypoints and other stuff on your personal map or the map of your team mates....

Edit:

Q: What about map markers. You've talked about leaving letters or notes, what about maps?

A: We have some ideas for maps but I am a little reserved about talking about them because I don't think anyone has every really done what we're considering doing and I wouldn't want another game to pick it up. So that one is going to have to be a surprise.

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 2

I think Rocket mentioned that they have something special in mind for the maps ..maybe it will be possible to place waypoints and other stuff on your personal map or the map of your team mates....

Edit:

Q: What about map markers. You've talked about leaving letters or notes, what about maps?

A: We have some ideas for maps but I am a little reserved about talking about them because I don't think anyone has every really done what we're considering doing and I wouldn't want another game to pick it up. So that one is going to have to be a surprise.

Many thanks for your response. I shall keep my eyes peeled for further infos

| I would seriously love to see such an intro or cinematic launch trailer for DayZsa as well.

Why? Because it creates such an intense and incredibly sad atmosphere. It leaves you alone with the feeling of beeing completely lonely, a survivor in a post-apocalyptic world. With the question "Why should i fight any longer?"... and thats what DayZ is! Please do it.

Unlike the case of DI and DI2, I'm not afraid that the Standalone will become that astonishing bad, compared to the trailers.

p.s. Like the DayZ shortfilm as well... same atmosphere.

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I've read somewhere the clouds IRL move in one direction because the wind doesnt change at those altitude.

I am not 100% sure but I think in the northern hemisphere it blows to the right, and in the southern hemisphere it goes to the left and when they hit each other in the middle it pushes it outwards in a random direction, I think.

I am not 100% sure but I think in the northern hemisphere it blows to the right, and in the southern hemisphere it goes to the left and when they hit each other in the middle it pushes it outwards in a random direction, I think.

Did the earth become flat when I wasn't looking?

Edited by misterwit

Did the earth become flat when I wasn't looking?

Oi! I'll look for evidence for my statement, but it's all do with with high and low pressure and the atmosphere isn't actually attached to the earth so it doesn't matter.

http://www.weatherqu...causes_wind.htm

There we go

deflected right and left, so I was a little off...

Edited by Toxiclegend