rocket

What if we removed the crosshair?

I'd be happy with that. Would require more skill from the person! (:

Edited by Drunk Guy
  • Like 19

I say remove it, for the sake of realism. There should be a laser add-on that you can find for a weapon that gives you a sort of crosshair.

• Like 27

yeah sounds good to me its not very realistic to have a cross in the middle of your screen anyway

• Like 7

Is the crosshair always centre screen? If so you will get people physically marking the screen.

• Like 10

agreed, so you need to aim to hit something? like in real life you mean?

ban the crosshair, ban 3rd person - long live realism and diffculty

• Like 16

Is the crosshair always centre screen? If so you will get people physically marking the screen.

Nope the crosshair is placed based on the orientation of your weapon as it moves around in your hands, so it moves around quite a lot.

• Like 7

Nope the crosshair is placed based on the orientation of your weapon as it moves around in your hands, so it moves around quite a lot.

shouldn't be an issue with people marking the screen then unless they work out a small circle where the weapon could fire

• Like 1

You could either remove it completely, or make a less accurate crosshair like the one in ARMA 3. The Crosshair in Arma 2 is too accurate imo.

It could just stay as a server-side option if it's less accurate.

BTW: What about a poll?

Edited by Nik21

Be good to see some opposing viewpoints, I think there are some compelling arguments that need to be considered for keeping crosshairs.

keep it because some players are lazy and not interested in working hard to improve their overall gameplay and they deserve to be good too, let's have a game where lack of skill is no obstacle to success

• Like 9

It would depend on how wild the shot would be when fired from the hip. I'm for this change though as I've seen in many a video where a player just blind fires a Sniper rifle at close range and the fact the game is super realistic it just seems out of context. (Perhaps in real life this is possible? I've never shot a gun so I wouldn't know)

Edited by Victus Mortuus

yeah remove it. + add lazer atachment to weapons, i think it will be more realistic

• Like 8

Honestly alot of times I use the crosshair in 3rd person with my LMG and just zoom in on zombies and take out a entire town too easily

Would it be possible to have the CH active for say 8 hours game play?

So for your first full day of playing as a bambi you have the crosshairs but once you cross that 8 hour bambi period CH will be removed. Sort of like taking the training wheels off your trike.

This way you can still cater to the new player even if it is for a short period of time.

• Like 7

Allthough your getting alot of new players joining dayz complaining about it, almost everyone discussing on this topic right now is not a bambi most likely.

Edited by Sergeant Squatt

I believe it should stay. Even if it's off on public hives by default, there's literally no reason to give other players the ability to put it on their server should they so choose. Why please one or the other, when you could please both? Same goes for 3rd person, if you want your server to be ultra-realism, go right for it, disable every sort of "assist". But there's no reason not to allow people who disagree with that notion to change their settings.

In short: Keep it, just disable it by default.

P.S: I always play without crosshairs, on any game in which it gives me the option. My GMOD crosshair is even turned off. I like the fact that I can see and aim like I would in reality, and I feel that it's the best way to play. However, I don't feel that just because I think that, other players should be forced to do the same.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

For many players, playing an FPS without a crosshair is like shooting a gun without aiming and instead just pointing it in a general direction. Having a crosshair is norm for many players, not just new players. Personally it doesn't bother me but I imagine a lot of players would not be happy about not being given a server-side option.

Edited by smasht_AU

For many players, playing an FPS without a crosshair is like shooting a gun without aiming, just pointing it in a general direction. This is the norm for many players, not just new players. Personally it doesn't bother me but I imagine many players would not be happy about not having the option.

Yeah... thinking about it... its always good to have options.