rocket

What if we removed the crosshair?

As far as I can tell, world interaction in the mod is a pain in the ass mostly because of the size, shape and locations of hitboxes on map assets and objects.

A crosshair shouldn't be necessary at all, you shouldn't have too big a problem figuring out roughly where the middle of your screen is. A little tweaking here and there would make a world of difference though.

The new inventory menu, which appears to show nearby loot on the ground, will reduce the problems we've seen previously regarding items, but the real issue is the hassle of finding things such as a door handle or the latch of a gate.

In those situations, all the crosshairs under the sun won't help you.

EDIT:

In the video of Rocket's demo at PAX, the game still had a crosshair.

Edited by Chabowski

Another vote to get rid of the crosshair here,

Even without the potential benefits against esp hacks removing the crosshair will add to the overall feel of DayZ being a hostile enviroment that punishes those that are not willing to learn. and im all for that.

I am tired of a politically correct we must cater to all persons world. No crosshairs .... EVER.

What is wrong with gamers these days? No HUD? Are you kidding me? This is a game, HUD is supposed to visually present you certain things your character is doing in the game. It's impossible to remove the HUD completely and still make the game turn out good. Impossible. As for the crosshair, I think they should just make it harder to use, not remove it. Want to prevent ESP hacks? Ditch VAC and get a real anti-cheat (BattlEye).

Edited by TSAndrey

I'd say remove it but I'm someone who turns them off in every game that lets me or if possible hacks in a transparent one.

Rocket, you should attach a poll to this. Maybe when you come back from Everest ;P

remove for sure.. I've hated crosshairs in FPS games for years, since I played the first red orchestra game. It teaches you how to aim properly (game wise).

I am all for removing it - It works great in one of the mods I am playing of DayZ - alot more challenging - and alot hard to axe anything

Judging by the video from PAX - congratulations! No more crosshair!

I say keep the crosshair. Because some people mark their screen with a marker anyway, to be the best.

Its unfair to remove it.

If a player is too "Lazy" or "Not good enough," they shouldn't be playing DayZ; it's not a game of wee babes sucking teet and being nursed around. It's about hardcore, gritty survival at all costs. Life or death.

I personally play DayZ with my crosshair disabled (You can force it on servers that have the option on) to make the game harder for myself. Oddly, I think I do better without that pesky little green rectangle dancing around at close range, although I waste a LOT of DMR ammo not having a crosshair.

• Like 2

Is the crosshair always centre screen? If so you will get people physically marking the screen.

I currently use my brothers monitor and yes, his screen is marked with a black dot on the center

how am I supposed to pick up shit if I don't know whether I'm pointing at it or not? you know better than anyone that there's a delay between pointing at an object and the text for it showing up

I have to say that DayZ right now is INCREDIBLY EASY. Surviving requries 0 skill, it's just picking up stuff from ground and that's it. We need to improve the gameplay

Removing it for the sole purpose to delay ESP hackers is pointless imo, they will always find something new. 

I myself want it remove tbh, new players already have to adjust to the Dayz gameplay so removing it is just a extra to get used to and should be no biggie.

Last post 8 MONTHS ago.

N N N Necropost!

Dont resurrect old threads unless you have something of vital import to add please.

L

• Like 3