HamHamm

As a new player, This mod is so difficult its un-playable.

Okay so now an update. I just went all the way north to Berezino in the north. Started in Solnichny and moved east to Dolina, then north to the factory and then to southern edge of Berezino. That entire trip I did not find ANYTHING other than empty cans, empty bottles, and other trash, I've checked basically every building that was highlighted on the map on dayzmap.info and still didn't find crap. Did they remove item spawns too? because this is ridiculous. I was able to dodge countless zombies and finally got killed in Berezino. Is this fun? running around with nothing to defend yourself for hours on end.

Am I doing something wrong? is this odd to not find anything for that long of a search? I don't know. It seems wrong to me.

I can totally see how this would be way, way too hard for a new player to get into. ARMA 2 is already glitchy, runs like crap, and controls like a wounded water buffalo. Then add onto that a game where you have no way to defend yourself at all and a time limit to figure things out before you either starve to death or get shot, and a whole other layer of bugs and performance slowdowns. . . it can be quite frustrating.

There's challenging hard, then there's just stupid.

• Like 1

My complaint is the extreme nerf that the loot tables seem to have received. After spending the better part of three hours searching for food or water, I got curious and did a little experiment after logging out in the supermarket in Chernogorsk... between 8 different low pop servers I did not find one single can of food or drink in it. Eight. Frigging. Times.

As someone said, there's hard, and then there's stupid. I've nearly died from thirst twice while looking for a gun now.

how is removing starting guns going to cut down on spawn killing? i am not seeing the connection.

i have never been killed by another new survivor on the coast, its always people who have geared up and are just killing for giggles. how is removing any defence from griefers going to stop griefing?

I am also going to have to acknowledge the normal loot supplies decrease. I was in some inland barns and towns earlier and all I found were double barreled shotguns and empty cans. No food or drink. Perhaps reverting to previous loot spawns would fix this. Some people might complain that there would be less food and water in an apocalypse but if that would be the case I would like to request a lengthening of the time before eating or drinking is needed. I do not have to drink a coke or water bottle every 20 minutes to not die of thirst in real life. Therefore, the amount of time before a drink is needed should be increased.

I think a good solution for new players so they can have enough gear to survive heading north would be adding a can of beans and an EMPTY canteen. This would eliminate the people who would travel north but need food going into cherno or electro and thus eliminating an even bigger killzone centralized location. It would also require the player to still find food or drink.

Perhaps also a makarov with NO mags. The player would start with a gun but no ammo for it. This would be an interesting idea to be put in effect as no one could tell if the player had ammo in the gun or not from farther away. This would be a sort of compromise between the gun control people and the people who want guns.

Really tbh my only pet peeve with the patch is the zombie aggro range.

It can get pretty ridiculous.

I'd suggest to try the zombies in Zombie Survival Guide, slow yet call their friends in a block radius to try and overwhelm you.

or keep everything and make the slow crawl = 0,0 and the fast crawl = 1,1

(sound,sight)

This game has an extremely steep learning curve, since there is only one way to learn how the game works. And that is by dieing a gazzilion times first.

I started to play 4 days ago and in the beginning I spawned with a gun so that was cool.

Now it's harder because u spawn without anything. U just gotta have a bit of luck finding good loot.

It is hard, but it's not impossible.

This new patch release (1.7.1) is good for some reasons and really anoying and unplayable from the other side.

Good changes:

- spawn without weapon

- better zombie's line of sight

- torchlight from default (spawn)

Really bad change (it makes game unplayable for me):

- incresed spawn rate of the zombies - i play yesterday on the new patch and it really makes this mod unplayable for me and my 4 colleagues.

Pls in case of this spawn - back to the recent version/settings.

So First of all my friend suggested I pick this mod up and try it as he has been having a blast with it!

So after tinkering around' date=' and missing a new patch (patch updates 10 minutes after I download 1.7.1.) Get on finally and see no gun. all I have are bandages and pain pills. Okay cool that just means I have to find them.

Well first time through, I get over to a building after much running, and get swarmed by zombies and die before I get close to it at all.

Alright, Fine. So I wasn't being stealthy enough. got it, Re-spawn

Now I'm sort of near a town and I move in semi crouched and am dodging a good number of zombies, trying to meet up with my friend. Check a few places, most I find is empty bottles and cans. after a few empty stashes I run into another player and get shot at immediately and Die.

Okay cool, players instantly think everyone is bad, even when they have no gun. Got it, Re-spawn.

I then go through about 10 deaths of me looking around for ANYTHING and finding absolutely nothing anywhere I look and either getting killed by Hordes of zombies or people just killing me.

I'm all for the whole hardcore vibe it gives off, but at least give us some sort of defense early on. as it is right now there's no way for a new player to get a feel for the actual "survival" part of the game. My suggestion is up the drop rate of some weapons near the coastal buildings, or start off with a gun and maybe only 1 clip of ammo.

[/quote']

Sorry bro, stop QQing, this isn't an easy game like all the bullshit being fed to us these days. No publishers, no deadlines, just Rocket's imagination. each patch this game gets better and better and 1.7.1.1 is amazing, and if you can't stay alive... well you might not be cut out for this game, as there are plenty of tips to successfully surviving without a weapon.

It should be a bit easier after the hotfix, once you get used to it you will be happy it is hard. If it was easy for the beginner, it would get too easy too quickly.

The no weapon teaches you to use stealth and how to lose zombies.

So First of all my friend suggested I pick this mod up and try it as he has been having a blast with it!

So after tinkering around' date=' and missing a new patch (patch updates 10 minutes after I download 1.7.1.) Get on finally and see no gun. all I have are bandages and pain pills. Okay cool that just means I have to find them.

Well first time through, I get over to a building after much running, and get swarmed by zombies and die before I get close to it at all.

Alright, Fine. So I wasn't being stealthy enough. got it, Re-spawn

Now I'm sort of near a town and I move in semi crouched and am dodging a good number of zombies, trying to meet up with my friend. Check a few places, most I find is empty bottles and cans. after a few empty stashes I run into another player and get shot at immediately and Die.

Okay cool, players instantly think everyone is bad, even when they have no gun. Got it, Re-spawn.

I then go through about 10 deaths of me looking around for ANYTHING and finding absolutely nothing anywhere I look and either getting killed by Hordes of zombies or people just killing me.

I'm all for the whole hardcore vibe it gives off, but at least give us some sort of defense early on. as it is right now there's no way for a new player to get a feel for the actual "survival" part of the game. My suggestion is up the drop rate of some weapons near the coastal buildings, or start off with a gun and maybe only 1 clip of ammo.

[/quote']

good :cool:

Found a deerstand and saw about 5 zeds patrolling around. So I prone and start my slow crawl towards it while constantly checking my surrounding with the alt key. It took about 30minutes of dodging and rolling and waiting, 1 zed really came up close, my heart was pounding. I finally make it up to only find a few empty tin cans, well whatever, now I just need to get out. Repeat the same process, after 10 minutes of crawling I thought I was scot-free, look around - not a zed in sight. I stand up and start jogging in the open field, suddenly a zed spawns right infront of me, so I just hit the deck and freeze. But of course the bastard starts going full retard and begins running towards me and the whole bloody town that I spent nearly an hour pain stakingly avoiding decides to join the party. Frustrating to say the least.

lol problem is I think the dev's are listening to much to some people on this forum rather than developing the game as they see fit. It happens with all good games. Take for example BF2. It was a great game when it was released. Sure' date=' it wasnt perfect, and it did need a patch to fix a few minor issues but all in all it was a great game. But as the dev's listened to the 'community' they released more patches to fix shit but they had to nerf stuff and 'balance' shit and slowly but surely they fucked it up to the point no-one wanted to play it anymore.

Its like I read somewhere here that they decided to remove weapons from your original kit to make things more challenging, and that 'most people' here voted for it. Thing is I don't recall seeing a vote on it so who are these 'most people'? Are they people that just happened to be on the forums when the question was raised? Are they people with multiple accounts that voted multiple times for it? Polls can be rigged just like elections can in real life. Like my previous example with BF2, apparently 'most people' voted for the US jets to be nerfed because they were too powerful against the MIG's and then the balance went the other way to the point no-one wanted to fly a US jet though in my opinion they were fine left alone as they were. And most people I spoke to were of the same opinion they were fine as they were so who were these people that voted for the nerf?

[/quote']

There was a no gun yes/no thread Rocket asked for peoples opinion. However it seems that while he gets our feedback he ultimately makes his own decision on whether to implement the change or not. In any case, anything changed now can always be changed back.

That said, I got the feeling a lot of people where just saying "Yes Please No Starting Gun" because they wanted to sound more legit and hardcore in the forums...an anonymous poll would probably have been more effective.

I'm no way a 'hardcore' player, but I like the no starting gun gameplay. It's anecdotal, but I think it is making a difference with players shoot on sight mentality.

I've played this game for 200+ hours now and the only viable respawn points are elektro/cherno/bolota otherwise you get spotted by 1 zombie and you are just running around like an idiot until you get to a house 20 minutes later. Players with weapons don't care if you don't have any, I liked being a bandit before when players at least had some means of defense, but this is just slaughter. Also the "Stealth nerf" to crouch running that was so "Stealthy" hasn't been fixed so it's still only viable to prone and take forever to get where you need to go.

I think we need to start out with a makoroni with 1/2 mags so It becomes more about conserving your ammo and choosing your shots wisely instead of just being overrun within seconds of joining the game. I do love the effort to try and make the game harder early on though.

^ It's not like the Makarov is such an OP weapon to begin with. Don't know why this feature was implemented because I haven't heard of anyone complaining about starting with a weapon.

Sorry bro' date=' stop QQing, this isn't an easy game like all the bullshit being fed to us these days. No publishers, no deadlines, just Rocket's imagination. each patch this game gets better and better and 1.7.1.1 is amazing, and if you can't stay alive... well you might not be cut out for this game, as there are plenty of tips to successfully surviving without a weapon.

[/quote']

Or maybe you should stop having a fanboy crush on Rocket start understanding that there reason there are so many complaints on the forums is because the complaints are legitimate. Do you really think everyone turned into a cry baby overnight for no reason?

And i guess you are like the Yoda of survivors or something and everyone who is not as fortunate is a worthless piece of shit. The Arrogance of the rocket fanboys are just astounding sometimes.

I love that starting weapons were removed, it makes the game a lot more fun for me personally.

Don't know why this feature was implemented because I haven't heard of anyone complaining about starting with a weapon.

You're right, I didn't complain about starting with a gun, but when Rocket mentioned that he might take it away all I was was excited.

It's so much more fun (for me) to sneak around zombies and it makes finding your first weapon a real good point in your game. I always found it really easy to survive zombies in previous versions and I'd quickly end up with a decent weapons stash and nothing to do.

Now I need to find meds, ammo, food, etc etc.

Not to mention that for me, coming from England, this is more realistic because noone here owns a firearm :P. I also like the fact that it removes the chance of someone coming to get revenge on you after you killed them, since they don't start with a gun.

Sorry bro' date=' stop QQing, this isn't an easy game like all the bullshit being fed to us these days. No publishers, no deadlines, just Rocket's imagination. each patch this game gets better and better and 1.7.1.1 is amazing, and if you can't stay alive... well you might not be cut out for this game, as there are plenty of tips to successfully surviving without a weapon.

[/quote']

Or maybe you should stop having a fanboy crush on Rocket start understanding that there reason there are so many complaints on the forums is because the complaints are legitimate. Do you really think everyone turned into a cry baby overnight for no reason?

And i guess you are like the Yoda of survivors or something and everyone who is not as fortunate is a worthless piece of shit. The Arrogance of the rocket fanboys are just astounding sometimes.

What's wrong with it? Maybe it's rockets vision? He's been the one that implemented it because he wanted to try it. People act so out of line, like it's the end of the word.

It's a mod. It's his mod. Deal with it. Nothing wrong with letting it marinade a bit and tweak it until it fits.

Call people whatever you want, but the more you say "rocket fanboy" like it's an actual term, the less people care. They're not rocket fanboys, they're just pretentious 'hardcore' kids, and they usually come from EVE. Despite that, your point is moot. The amounts of complaints here are NOTHING compared to how many were here when bandit skins disappeared, this is a drop in the bucket. And even though you seem to have a problem with Rocket, he is the guy who makes the rules. I've seen him ban people from DayZ just for pissing him off on the forums, and being that this whole thing is his deal, he does have the right to do whatever the hell he wants.

Speaking of which, I think he's sending a message. Why is it that cans and bottles are everywhere now? he wants us to use the damn things. And use them I have been, quite well. make sure it hits something and it really does draw them to it. They're wonderful for clearing out those pesky inside spawns. So maybe try that, use the cans as a lure and see if you don't have better luck.

--Yes, its harder now. Better? Don't know yet; I've only died twice since the new patch (1x from truck running over me and getting eaten, 1x from player with a pistol when I didnt have one.)

--Again, this isn't a finished game. Its a mod and a work in progress. Kudos for trying new stuff to the devs. They have to give something a try first just to see if it works or not. I expect if no gun becomes a problem, they'll add starter guns back in.

--Agree with posters on two things. One--need melee of some sort. Even fists would work. Something to defend yourself with. Second--water. Makes no sense that you are at a pond and can't drink without having a canteen to do it with. It might take you longer but you should be able to drink w/o a canteen.

Personally, when I'm starting out (and have a choice) I prefer a night server. Night gives you the chance to get off the beach without players seeing you (I've never been Zed killed on a beach...but player killed several times). Go north for a bit, then find a day server. Gets you out of the danger zone.

Call people whatever you want' date=' but the more you say "rocket fanboy" like it's an actual term, the less people care. They're not rocket fanboys, they're just pretentious 'hardcore' kids, and they usually come from EVE. Despite that, your point is moot. The amounts of complaints here are NOTHING compared to how many were here when bandit skins disappeared, this is a drop in the bucket. And even though you seem to have a problem with Rocket, he is the guy who makes the rules. I've seen him ban people from DayZ just for pissing him off on the forums, and being that this whole thing is his deal, he does have the right to do whatever the hell he wants.

Speaking of which, I think he's sending a message. Why is it that cans and bottles are everywhere now? he wants us to use the damn things. And use them I have been, quite well. make sure it hits something and it really does draw them to it. They're wonderful for clearing out those pesky inside spawns. So maybe try that, use the cans as a lure and see if you don't have better luck.

[/quote']

I don't have a problem with Rocket, nor do i have problems surviving. It's quite funny everyone thinks the complaints are from people who are dying all the time. They're not. Actually i have nothing but respect for him. What get me riled up is the hardcore players here who are basically cheering on the bugs in the update because it made the game retarded hard. Things like zombie LOS being dictated by direction of eyes i something even Rocket understands isnt working very well and did change. Still, there are people cheering it to remain because for them, there is no 'stopping point' for when the game is hardcore enough. If they want hardcore, why not go out and grad a gun irl: it's super realistic.

The mod is bugged right now. Loot spawns are bugged so it is difficult (read impossible) to find food and drinks in buildings or anywhere that's not on a zed. weapons will be tough to find, too. I think pistols, especially low caliber, should be tons times more common. I haven't seen a single pistol when I was playing yesterday. I did find some ammo for my G17, though.

People need to stop whining... I just started playing this game yesterday and yes, I did die multiple times, however that's mostly because I was learning how to play the game.

Last night, I played the game in the PITCH BLACK. I found someone and teamed up with them along the shoreline heading to elektro for quite a long treck, but I eventually bled out by some damn zombie and died. I didn't complain.

Eventually, I managed to wander around the darkness and headed toward a flare placed in the middle of what appeared to be a city. I met up with 2 people there that were heavily geared and pointing guns at me so I ran for it. I ran inside a nearby building, went up the stairs and into this room with another heavily geared person that actually shot me once. I bandaged and we kind of grouped up for a while.

I found a gun next to where he was standing with some ammo. When I had the chance, I blasted them all in the head and stole all their fricken good gear. I eventually died later somehow, but I can't remember.

What I'm saying is, I'm completely new to this game. I have honestly no idea what I'm doing for the most part and I've managed to accomplish all those things that I said, therefore you have no reason to complain about the difficulty. It's not really that hard to go find gear without a weapon on you.

People need to stop whining... I just started playing this game yesterday and yes' date=' I did die multiple times, however that's mostly because I was learning how to play the game.

Last night, I played the game in the PITCH BLACK. I found someone and teamed up with them along the shoreline heading to elektro for quite a long treck, but I eventually bled out by some damn zombie and died. I didn't complain.

Eventually, I managed to wander around the darkness and headed toward a flare placed in the middle of what appeared to be a city. I met up with 2 people there that were heavily geared and pointing guns at me so I ran for it. I ran inside a nearby building, went up the stairs and into this room with another heavily geared person that actually shot me once. I bandaged and we kind of grouped up for a while.

I found a gun next to where he was standing with some ammo. When I had the chance, I blasted them all in the head and stole all their fricken good gear. I eventually died later somehow, but I can't remember.

What I'm saying is, I'm completely new to this game. I have honestly no idea what I'm doing for the most part and I've managed to accomplish all those things that I said, therefore you have no reason to complain about the difficulty. It's not really that hard to go find gear without a weapon on you.

[/quote']

What accomplishment? Contributing to the deathmatch-feel? at the moment?