HamHamm

As a new player, This mod is so difficult its un-playable.

It's not "unplayable". Just search the barns or head to the north.

E: Seriously. If you call this mod "unplayable" only because you can't find any weapons in Chernogorsk/Electro' date=' then please, uninstall DayZ.

[/quote']

I would expect such an ignorant answer from someone who got to gear up during much easier patches. New players don't know where Cherno/Electro are let alone which builds should be explored/avoided. Throw in the new daytime aggro mechanics (aka: you better be prone 24/7) and you've a game that's very unplayable for newbies. I got fucked up multiple times in Electro earlier due to bandits and zeds charging me with 3 visibility bars from 100 meters away.

This is an early Alpha of this Mod. This means that things can and will change a lot. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. At times these changes drastically change the way the game is played and you have to adapt. You came in right after a major change to the Zombie AI system so right now we are in an "Ironing out the bugs" phase. Just stick with it and it will get better. Alpha means that right now the devs are trying to add new things to the game and refine the current systems but this is mainly done through trial and error. You will encounter bugs, broken game mechanics and a host of other "Unfair" things. Over time these problems will get sorted out but it's going to be a rough road getting there. As long as you understand these things this Mod can be a lot of fun. Welcome to DayZ.

My 52 years old clanmate got it working...

:( I've literally been trying to install for 16 hours now.

Newbie' date=' I had 70 hours worth of play, and I find the new game totally unplayable too. Stealth no longer works, zombies can spot you from a long distance even when you crawl. Happened to me plenty of times.

I keep reading that now you can just run and get all you want, there's a trick to losing huge crowds of zombies in houses with 2 exits. I've yet to get it to work, but those who have say it makes the game really easy. I'll try that a few more times, but it doesn't sound anything like the old dayz gameplay.

Ignore the "hardcore" who think the new, broken game is great, and that everyone who doesn't like it or preferred the old game should get lost. They flood every thread, but most of them seem utterly clueless and sound just like the CoD kiddies they revile.

[/quote']

Just because you think it's unplayable and broken doesn't make it fact. A lot of people like it as it is now. You have a right to your opinion but don't call them clueless or "Hardcore" just because they don't agree with you. I'm finding it quite fun as it is now and very much playable.

LOL yeah sure' date=' because appearing more hardcore on these forums is soooooo important.

Can't you just accept that people have a different opinion than you?

[/quote']

Not at all, I totally accept other people's opinions, and was mildly against starting out with no pistol, however now it has been introduced I find it no problem at all, if anything I miss my Morphine and canteen more.

However I am a 35 year old professional and in my experience in a corporate business environment (as opposed to a Zombie apocalypse) I would say that you definately get people taking a more 'hardcore' (or hardline) stance publicly among a group of peers than they would actually take day to day. This is human nature, especially among those who feel less secure.

they updated the game yesterday/today with a few hotfixes and again its playable, zombies that are chasing you are losing you when you go around a few times. they lose intrest and go back where they come from i think. atleast i cant find them anymore where i lost them.

Second you make less sound now, but your detection level is increased which i think is way better then before.

I love this game for every penny it was worth to buy arma 2 for.

also i noticed zombies now open doors, i was at the airstrip yesterday and when i was getting chased i locked myself because i was out of ammo, and omfg they were opening the doors and coming inside.

I was like holy shit holy shit, i ran up al the way and climbed down from the otherside.

The whole point is that you're not supposed to reach end-game unless you are VERY lucky' date=' or are EXTREMELY skilled. It's like dot.hack (net.hack? I forget) meets zombie survival. The whole point is that you die and see how far you get this time.

However, I will say that not having a canteen is a major issue since you can't drink directly from water sources.

[/quote']

I found 2 canteens after 15 minutes of play. People are complaining about not starting with certain items, even though they can be found relatively easy... or I'm just lucky?

So who's still having 'fun' playing this game with the latest update? Anyone?

I am

E: Seriously. If you call this mod "unplayable" only because you can't find any weapons in Chernogorsk/Electro' date=' then please, uninstall DayZ.

[/quote']

I would expect such an ignorant answer from someone who got to gear up during much easier patches. New players don't know where Cherno/Electro are let alone which builds should be explored/avoided. Throw in the new daytime aggro mechanics (aka: you better be prone 24/7) and you've a game that's very unplayable for newbies. I got fucked up multiple times in Electro earlier due to bandits and zeds charging me with 3 visibility bars from 100 meters away.

Your statement here in regards to the guy who replied is a complete assumption. You have no idea what stuff he has. I agree it's far from unplayable.. that's an exageration. People are still playing the way they did in 1.6 where they just "RUN" everywhere and are impatient. They get caught and then call it unplayable. I have been running into any of the problems people are complaining about and I started fresh after dying trying to repair a bus in the previous patch.

zombies always opened doors

Realy? hmm i haven't noticed it before lol.

It's tough, and it's survival horror. Get over it.

Its a steep learning curve Ill give you that but is an ice rink un-skatable because first timers find it hard to keep their balance? Give it a few days and you'll appreciate that the game still has something to offer rather than being over before it's even begun.

i dont understand the reasons for the change. was it simply to make the game harder for people just starting?

is that the only reasoning behind the decision?

LOL yeah sure' date=' because appearing more hardcore on these forums is soooooo important.

Can't you just accept that people have a different opinion than you?

[/quote']

Not at all, I totally accept other people's opinions, and was mildly against starting out with no pistol, however now it has been introduced I find it no problem at all, if anything I miss my Morphine and canteen more.

However I am a 35 year old professional and in my experience in a corporate business environment (as opposed to a Zombie apocalypse) I would say that you definately get people taking a more 'hardcore' (or hardline) stance publicly among a group of peers than they would actually take day to day. This is human nature, especially among those who feel less secure.

Yeah, I understand your point. And I'm sure it's true in some cases, but I don't think these forums have been swept away by a wave of people trying to look tough in front of others.

Sure, we might not all be 300lb navy seals who get to laugh at kids coming in to boot camp. So, when we get to tell a whiney forum user with 1 post to "toughen up or get the fuck out!" we take some enjoyment in it. But, we're not taking that stance on the issue because we get to tell them that, it's just works out that way.

A lot of people are drawn to DayZ because it requires you to be "Hardcore". Check the requirements.

I actually don't find DayZ any more 'hardcore' than survival on Minecraft. In fact, in many ways the two games are very similar.

[/quote']

I would expect such an ignorant answer from someone who got to gear up during much easier patches.

New players don't know where Cherno/Electro are let alone which builds should be explored/avoided. Throw in the new daytime aggro mechanics (aka: you better be prone 24/7) and you've a game that's very unplayable for newbies. I got fucked up multiple times in Electro earlier due to bandits and zeds charging me with 3 visibility bars from 100 meters away.

New players who know nothing about the game/mod should not come here and complain how "unplayable" DayZ is. It's like playing a point and click game, and saying that it's unplayable because I don't know what to do.

*Sign*

Get to know the game - get "aha!" - be happy.

Perhaps the solution to this would be to have 'Beginner' servers. Anyone agree? I love this patch so much, but all I see is people hating on it.

If it hasn't been said already, this is supposed to be a simulation, more or less. Normal everyday people don't have a pistol lying around, and most likely wouldn't in a Zed Apocalypse. My solution to the current difficulty is people should just keep playing it to get better. Stealth would be a MUST in a Zed Apoc. and you wouldn't realistically be able to run through a town anyway.

i dont understand the reasons for the change. was it simply to make the game harder for people just starting?

Because it takes Bandit's focus off of killing everyone they see and on surviving.

The whole point is that you're not supposed to reach end-game unless you are VERY lucky' date=' or are EXTREMELY skilled. It's like dot.hack (net.hack? I forget) meets zombie survival. The whole point is that you die and see how far you get this time. [/quote']

Exactly.

I'm also quite disappointed in a lot of gamers who just completely lack the drive to try and try and try. Because that's what this game is, like Virfortis said.

There is nothing beyond that wall in this game. I've had a ton of fun yesterday with the new patch. It's suppose to frustrate you, that's clearly rockets intention. And I love it. Not because I'm "hardcore". Simply because I like the challenge and I'm willing to try anything, knowing very well we're at alpha stage.

Perhaps the solution to this would be to have 'Beginner' servers. Anyone agree? I love this patch so much' date=' but all I see is people hating on it.

If it hasn't been said already, this is supposed to be a simulation, more or less. Normal everyday people don't have a pistol lying around, and most likely wouldn't in a Zed Apocalypse. My solution to the current difficulty is people should just keep playing it to get better. Stealth would be a MUST in a Zed Apoc. and you wouldn't realistically be able to run through a town anyway.

[hr']

Because it takes Bandit's focus off of killing everyone they see and on surviving.

Normal every day people also wouldn't be walking around in the Zed apocalypse with some sort of protection and food and water. And yet right now, you spawn with no protection, no food and water, yet somehow have medical supplies. Pretty unrealistic if you ask me.

I have to agree that for a new player this new patch is a bit of a large learning curve. I was getting used to the new zed reactions and was able to lose them, but the loot table seems a bit frugal for my tastes. I am not asking for LMG's in the barns but at least some food, water, or weapons here and there. When the only weapon in a town is the double-barreled shotgun; things are going to get tough.

Steep learning curve is great. That's the main attraction of the game. I hope it gets harder and harder. Also tears are delicious.

First thing you see when you log into this forum is WHINE WHINE WHINE, jesus christ.

If game is too hard for you theres 2 options:

1st: Learn how to become a better player, adapt to the new difficulty.

2nd: Lie down on the floor and cry then post a thread about how hard this game is.

Perhaps the solution to this would be to have 'Beginner' servers. Anyone agree? I love this patch so much' date=' but all I see is people hating on it.

[hr']

Normal every day people also wouldn't be walking around in the Zed apocalypse with some sort of protection and food and water. And yet right now' date=' you spawn with no protection, no food and water, yet somehow have medical supplies. Pretty unrealistic if you ask me.

[/quote']

Yes, I know how you feel already (I've seen many of your posts around the forums already).

I agree that there should be some form of weapon available, but not having one is fun. Really, it is. Try being slow and cautious. Fantastic.

I feel like melee weapons probably aren't possible.

Game is easy.

Get of the shore fast, you can do this relatively easy just head up the mountain and keep going. Use a map, just google "DayZ Map" and you get an awesome map you can use, using this work out where you are (it tells you when you login anyway bottom right) then follow a road north.

You can make it to the most north-east point of the game without food, water, or anything. I put tents far north, unlikely to get looted and so all i need is to put on some music and headout there if I die.

Finding a tent should be priority once north, then you can stash stuff and travel light weight meaning a death results in only the loss of that particular scavenge run.

Also less people and more dumb zombies, just crawl around, you can pretty much like the shoes of zombies if you're on the ground and they're not crawlers or monkies.

If you get aggro on shore just run into a building to loose aggro.

Also if your new, play on a low player server, there be a lot less zombies.

First thing you see when you log into this forum is WHINE WHINE WHINE' date=' jesus christ.

[/quote']

So go have a cry? These forums are to provide feedback. No-one cares whether you like it or not.

• Like 1