HamHamm

As a new player, This mod is so difficult its un-playable.

I love idea to start without any weapon and i didn't find to hard to survive. Only thing that... i can call it a bad luck is that sometimes i simple can't find a weapon! Dunno how. Did i just hit bad respawn weapon time or.... i don't know. One time i wonder for almost 1 hour to find axe :-)

I usually avoid Cherno and Elektro at the beginning and try to stick to smaller towns. Because people is more intend to hit you then to say hello and pass you. Am pacifist and in 90 percent will never shot first but this philosophy already cost me much.

So generally... try this: Stick to smaller coast town. Go north. Find barn... chance for Winchester or double barrel shotgun are pretty good.

This game is about survival, not shooting at every zed you see so spawning with no gun is a good idea which shows people the real purpose of DayZ.

Also finding a weapon isn't hard. When I played first time with my friend we gathered an AK with some ammo, double barreled shotgun and a crossbow with 1 strait in less than an hour so it's not so difficult if people with little knowlegde both about Arma and DayZ managed to find all what they needed.

P.S.

When you respawn near Cherno try your luck and look for stuff since you have nothing to loose. Yesterday I run straight to the church and supermarket and found all I needed to start: plenty of food, drink, bandages, 2xbinos,2xmap etc. It is worth trying, however leaving that area was really scary : >

Well if your friend in Cherno u better avoid him because cherno is a killzone for us. XD too much players camping in buildings.

This game is about survival' date=' not shooting at every zed you see so spawning with no gun is a good idea which shows people the real purpose of DayZ.

...[/quote']

That's true and that's the one of the points of this game. Yesterday i pass almost all of Zelengorsk without bullet fired. I say almost because at the end one zombie see me through the wall and i need to fire few bullets to clear the situation.

As a new player, This mod is so amazingly fun. It's not mean to be easy and I like that.

Spawning with a gun would almost certainly lead to noobs blowing each others heads off for a couple cans of beans. I think that would be worse than starting without. Some type of starter blunt weapon would be better in my opinion.

I know where you are coming from. It is VERY hard to sneak around all the Z's in the coastal towns and it can be frustrating a anything. Stop doing that.

Use this map http://dayzmap.info/ and PLAN what you want to do and how you want to do it.

Circle towns and get in and out. You should be spending 95% of your time in the country. City life will kill you quick

Hatchet is an AWESOME weapon. Don't be afraid to let a Z walk right up to you as you are lying in the grass. Be still, then whack him, the other Z's are oblivious...perfect.

Enterable buildings are your saviour...They are the only reliable way to ditch aggro'ed Z's, or to fight them and win. Z's move slow inside, so if you get them riled up and chasing you, head for a barn or something you can enter, they will slow down inside where you can either pick your shots, or exit again and get some distance between you so they lose sight.

Don't fight them in the open. If you do get one all flustered and after your ass, drag him away from his pals without getting the others interested....THEN try to kill him. If you fight in the town or near other Z's they'll notice and join in.

So before you enter a town...know where you will run to if you get sprung. If there is nowhere in the town to run to, why are you going in there?

typical children want games to be easier... the game isnt hard enough... the hardest thing about it just now is the bugs and overly complicated arma controls... Take the controls away and put more zombies in or whatever and spawn with "nothing"

The funny thing about DayZ is that it isn't actually a difficult game, it just has an incredibly steep learning curve and because of this new players struggle. Just hang in there and it will all start making sense soon once you learn some of the little tips and tricks as well as how to deal with some of the known bugs.

People need to stop saying it is not difficult to find weapons, while I agree somewhat, people don't take into account that spawns are random in this game, so no matter how high the chance is of finding a hatchet, it is still luck to find one. On the other had, people also need to stop wanting baby steps in game, I started playing this mod after the Makky was taken out of your starting equipment, it took me 2 lives to get the grips of what I needed to to, and how to do it. Sure I'm still learning things about the game, and finding new stuff, but seriously, go and play Dead Rising 2 if you want an easy ZA game, I want a challenge, and I don't want my hand held while I take it.

If you want good starting advice, this is what I can give you. (It works for me anyway, see if it can for you)

DO hit up the big cities on the coast, don't be afraid to lose a life that has barely started, or you will never cope if you ever found good stuff and got killed. Learn quick and easy routes through the cities, and you can usually end up with a good bit of starting gear, as well as a weapon, then head North as soon as you can.

Also there is not much point in trying to be sneaky through a town swarming with Zeds, it will take you far too long to move around and increase the chances of dying to another player. Since Zeds will walk slowly through a building, learn the ones that have 2 entrances, as they are one of the easiest ways to lose zombies without killing them, also giving you a place to loot on the way through.

Remember, the reason why the big cities are contested like they are, is because they are the best places to go for people just starting out. With the most Loot, the most spawns, and by reasoning of the other 2, more people. You want to learn your route through the city, trying to include the major landmarks, (Supermarket, Fire House, Hospital) They all contain useful items, like compasses, maps, bigger bags, guns, and meds. You will need all of these to survive. Obviously picking up food and drink is a given, but remember, you can "technically" survive in this game, with a hatchet, a box of matches, a hunting knife, and a canteen, so take a few cans with you, until you are able to make your own.

Not sure if there is anything I haven't thought about at the moment, but I'm sure I will be corrected shortly if I have. The game isn't meant to be easy, but if you can grasp the controls, it should not be that hard either, as you will soon realise that it is not the game at fault, but the tactics you were using that caused you to die the way you did. I have died lots of times, and only once do I blame the game for what happened, (Don't you love getting glitch hit through the wall of a house?)

Actually, my preferred weapon when starting is to find a hatchet. It is quiet and takes down zombies with one hit. They are easy to find.

Actually, my preferred weapon when starting is to find a hatchet. It is quiet and takes down zombies with one hit. They are easy to find.

I use my hatchet 90% of the time. The big guns are just for emergencies. xD

If you end up with zombies tailing you just run in to the biggest building you can see, get far away enough from the door to buy yourself about 20 seconds then drop your gun and whip out and reload the hatchet then smash some skulls. Just don't lose your gun... I had a close call the other day when I dropped my AK under a pine tree to chase a bunny down with my axe, LOL!

@OP

I'm a new player and I find the difficulty and challenge to be fantastic and very playable. It doesn't sound like you were playing very smart.

Tbh, i never see why everyone complains about it being so hard. Ya you die like 10 time when you first play dayz, but after that its easy peasy. My characters last an average of 20-30 days.