SmashT

Ivan & Martin Free on bail

They aren't free, they've been released on bail, but this is great news. At least they can be with their family and friends again while they wait for their trial.

Edited by smasht_AU
Merged, remove comment about using existing thread

This is great! I was searching for updates about this just yesterday. I hope they skip bail and dash back to the Czech Republic, I don't trust those Greek bureaucrats... the whole country is wonky.

• Like 2

Bail does not equal an absolute resolution to this issue, but it is a step in the right direction. Hope they get pampered and some rest.

*man hugz* for them.

L

http://www.helpivanm...n-free-on-bail/

Athens/Prague – Two developers from Czech Republic who were held in a Greek jail since September on suspicion of espionage will be, according to information from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, released on bail. Several days ago their attorney Dagmar Raupachová said that the Greek authorities should make a decision regarding their further appeal during January, mid February at the latest. Martin Pezlar and Ivan Buchta will be able to return back to the Czech Republic once they are released. Prime Minister Petr Nečas was so informed by his Greek counterpart Antonis Samaras.

“We received this information from the attorney of the two arrested, who informed us, that they will be released as soon as they pay the bail,” told Česká Televize the deputy ambassador in Greece Miloš Kučera. The bail has been, according to him, set to 5 thousand Euro. “We have an unconfirmed report that both families have the money available and are discussing transferring the money to Greece with their attorney,” Mr. Kučera added.

He highlights that this is just a release on bail, it isn’t a definitive end of the cause, court dealings will continue further. The time frame cannot be estimated, Greek judges are still on strike.

Looks like their longer-than-expected vacation to Greece is finally over with! I'm sure they're eager to spend some time with family and friends, then maybe

get down to business on developing their awesome games!

From last week's update:

The lead architect of the revised (and original) Chernarus map, Ivan Buchta, is still imprisoned in Greece on charges of espionage - and is a great loss to the team. Luckily, through letters, Ivan is able to provide some input and insight into the development of the map. Regardless, the continued imprisonment of him and Martin Pezlar has a significant impact on our ability to redevelop Chernarus.

This morning around 8:30AM the news reached us that Ivan and Martin are free on Bail. The bail-sum was set to 5000 Euro’s each.

We’ll bring more details about the news as it happens..

Checkout the English transcripts of Czech media :

www.novinky.cz :

As a result of repeated dealings, today the Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras informed Czech PM Petr Nečas over the telephone that the two Czech arrested by Greek police because of supposed photography of military objects on the island of Lemnos have been released. Both can now return back to the Czech Republic. PM Petr Nečas expressed appreciation for the efforts of PM Antonis Samaras and thanked him,” said Petr Nečas’ spokesperson Michal Schuster on Tuesday.

Both men aged 28 and 33 years, who work for a video game-producing company Bohemia Interactive faced up to 20 years in prison if they were convicted.

The men supposedly rerecorded and photographed strategic military objects to be used in an upcoming military shooter.

After Bohemia Interactive denied that its employees were in Greece and illegally obtained photos as part of their work, the Czech President Václav Klaus also sided with them when he sent a letter to his Greek counterpart Karlos Papoulias with a request for their release.

I would like to thank everyone that has participated in the petitions, sent them postcards, told your friends about this, sent letters to politicians and news and just constantly put good thoughts towards Martin and Ivan.

While that doesn't solve all problems yet, the most important thing now is that the two can finally return back to their families and homes instead of being locked in a foreign jail.

Thank you. I think Ivan and Martin are proud of you! :beans:

Let's celebrate this day! :)

Edited by PurePassion
  • Like 2

Thats excellent news.Hope they get home soon.

Liked your comment because it's fucking Castiel gif. and your profile because it's fucking Sephiroth!

Edited by Floff4rn

This is great news! I hope they make it home to their families soon!

EDIT: removed suggestion for forum mods

Edited by Kerbouchard

cool news.

I didn't even know this forum existed. I didn't see a thread about this in DayZ discussion so I made one -- which was promptly deleted. Couldn't someone have at least locked the thread, to redirect users?

Aren't these guys at least a little bit DayZ-related?

edit: this thread is now in announcements. nice

Edited by opec

Forum mods: Instead of deleting the other posts about this (tried replying in General and Current Events only to have it deleted out from under me twice), how about locking them with a link to this topic?

hivemind..

• Like 2

Great news, congrats guys!!

Have a safe trip home and plz leave your cameras in the bags :))

I hope they get home as soon as they can to their families.

I really hope that they will continue working at BIS.

Am I the only one that is truly considering the possibility these guys were photographing things they weren't supposed to? There are such things as free-lance or contract spies/intelligence people. Also, bond set at 5,000 euros? Seems particuarly light for international espionage....either some serious backroom dealings or Greece has no idea what the fuck they're doing, detaining them for so long only to set bond so low...I've assumed since Day 1 with this case that all the facts were not out there. This announcement affirms that assumption.

While this is indeed great news I have to admit I'm very new to DayZ and have not followed this story and its events since the beginning so I'm confused about something:

"The men supposedly rerecorded and photographed strategic military objects to be used in an upcoming military shooter.

After Bohemia Interactive denied that its employees were in Greece and illegally obtained photos as part of their work, the Czech President Václav Klaus also sided with them when he sent a letter to his Greek counterpart Karlos Papoulias with a request for their release"

Why are Bohemia denying that these 2 employees were taking photos as part of their work for Arma3/DayZ?

Isnt that why they were on the Island in the first place, getting reference material?

Or do you need authorisation from the local authorities to take pictures if it relates to a retail project? (such as film companies filming on location)

I'm not doubting in anyway their sincerity or innocence. I'm just confused as to why Bohemia would deny they were there on business?? (most likely because they hadn't gotten the appropriate clearance/authorisation??)

Awesome news! Now they can actually go home and have a propper Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner!

Why are Bohemia denying that these 2 employees were taking photos as part of their work for Arma3/DayZ?

Isnt that why they were on the Island in the first place, getting reference material?

The actual research for Arma 3 took place in 2010.

Ivan and Martin were on private vacation together to visit the beautiful island they have been working on for such a long time. :)

Edited by PurePassion
  • Like 2