rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

Well, that was a fun interview.

You guys might be excited for whats coming.

Is there gonna be any gameplay footage?

aww crap.. Is the standalone only available for purchase on steam or retail aswell because my bank doesnt allow directly connecting my account to steam to buy games. Guess ill miss out

Well, that was a fun interview.

You guys might be excited for whats coming.

Why are you mods being all secret and shit suddenly?

aww crap.. Is the standalone only available for purchase on steam or retail aswell because my bank doesnt allow directly connecting my account to steam to buy games. Guess ill miss out

Just get someone with a credit/debit card to gift you the game on Steam and hand them the cash.

• Like 4

Because it's the first time you actually know we're being secretive. We've only been giving the all-clear for this information recently. And while you might not be in the closed beta, there will be access to streams.

• Like 1

I'm so glad I invested in that alienware, I'm so excited!! If you need an extra tester I will happily test the game.

It was fun, and you'll all get to hear my creamy brown voice.

I, for one, cannot wait to be awash in your Chocolate Rain.

• Like 5

Lol, how are we being secret and shit? We just asked a game dev loads of questions that you guys have been asking for weeks on the forums and now it's being uploaded to the public. Not very shit or secret IMO.

• Like 9

OMG! Like, this is like so awesome, like I can't contain like my inner schoolgirl screams, like omg!!!

• Like 2

Didn't he die before this? That would give him a pretty good alibi.

He is still a wanker though, because of the mess that is Itunes and the fact that it resides on my old ladys laptop so I have to use it occasionally.

Haha it would be indeed, how ever he was alive when both iphone and ipad was released to the market (two heavily locked down products), also forgot to mention all ridiculous lawsuits they are involved in. Not sure how involved the guy was in them but he must have been at some level anyway...

I'm so glad I invested in that alienware, I'm so excited!! If you need an extra tester I will happily test the game.

alienware is overpriced you save lots if you build one yourself its really not that hard

• Like 4

I, for one, cannot wait to be awash in your Chocolate Rain.

disturbing. fun but disturbing.

• Like 4

I like the interiors of the buildings. It will be really nice to have houses populated like that. That does bring up one concern for me. It has always been an issue with ArmA and I pray to God that either ArmA 3 fixes this or the DayZ devs have found a way to fix it...turning with your gun drawn. Seriously...trying to turn around in a hallway, crowded room or on a staircase with your gun out is painful and pretty much impossible.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

• Like 2

Rocket, you are feeding well?!

In his last video you were too skinny!

Take care my friend and let's make the best of the genre SA 2013!!

cya!

These shoes in one of the screenshots are a great idea. THings like that are some way more subtle methods to let you feel the creeps while playing, instead of adding gore everywhere.

And generally: like it. I'm sure everyone will be amazed in the end, I mean just look at the game.

The interview answers A LOT of questions...some of which I was surprised were being made public. It is ~1 hour long. I think everyone will be very satisfied with the info.

• Like 3

Oh my, oh my! My dream has finally come true, more dayz standalone information! I guess it's just luck getting into the testing, oh well hopefully I'll be one of "them"

• Like 1

This is almost to much to wait for. My whole group are on edge waiting for the standalone. The words "I cant wait" are no match for how we really feel.

Looks great and the new interiors will definitely add depth to the game. Really looking forward to the UI changes and further development on customization of objects and degradation. Can not wait to see what is under the hood of the new game.

The new character models don't look as detailed as the ones in Dayz when you have the DLC installed, I still hope they do all the facial expressions and animate as nicely.

Though I hope we finally get a jump and not just that stupid V thing which always seems to break your legs if you try to vault over anything wide.

It is called a whisper kick.

Edited by Zombie Jesus
  • Like 1

What sort of ETA is there for this interview?

Don't expect too much it was rather basic questions that have been brought up a lot, and an ETA is when ever we find out who has the recording.

• Like 1

I like the interiors of the buildings. It will be really nice to have houses populated like that. That does bring up one concern for me. It has always been an issue with ArmA and I pray to God that either ArmA 3 fixes this or the DayZ devs have found a way to fix it...turning with your gun drawn. Seriously...trying to turn around in a hallway, crowded room or on a staircase with your gun out is painful and pretty much impossible.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Yeah however I like how characters ingame have physics and I don't want to lose that feeling ! hope standalone gameplay won't become too "mainstream"