griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

What is there to say if they haven't got a specific release date. Make one up or post "we haven't got a new specific release date."

Carn the Dee's!! Where abouts in VIC are you mate?

I'm actually in Brisbane. But i get down to Melbourne when i can.

I'm actually in Brisbane. But i get down to Melbourne when i can.

Ahh, well we're glad you support melbourne in footy atleast :)

How was NYE in brissy? Oh and, how did you manage to get a position as mod on this board? Did you know rocket previously?

What is there to say if they haven't got a specific release date. Make one up or post "we haven't got a new specific release date."

"Development Continues, Happy Holidays" Is my idea for a quick tweet.

Took me about 10 seconds to type half asleep. To do that as a tweet maybe 30 seconds. No mention of WarZ nor dates. And I don't see anything wrong with them saying they would like to improve the testing experience.

As long as development is continuing the delay is no big deal. Just say so please!

Edited by Zachstar
  • Like 4

its january 1st i mean we at LEAST deserve anything on the development of SA by now , even a simple tweet , facebook status or even a december report thread come on :(

• Like 6

Some of the posts in here are moronic.

NEED MOAR INFO.....

It's a fucking game. Like my mum used to say when I asked when tea was ready "you will get it when it's ready"

Just wanted to drop by and tell you that I have started creating a zombie virus IRL. But I hope the DayZ SA comes out before I finish.

Either way I'm having my apocalypse.

• Like 7

If all this business is causing Rocket and the team stress then i say we wait as long as is needed. Sure it would be good for an update ot two, but really, what would it accomplish? People would always want more. The devs have been tight lipped because of a certain game that seems to grab any idea that is put out there.

Its coming! Thats all i care about.

It would accomplish to keep us updated and to know what's going on. It won't do nothing. We haven't heard a word from Rocket for well over 2 weeks!

I'm used to waiting now, I act like DayZ SA doesn't exist until it gets released. Would be good to know if they have done any hard work lately, though.

The bad thing is all my dudes are saying they arent interested in SA amore. They think SA wont be released anymore so they all bought Gta 5. That is making me sad ):

"Development Continues, Happy Holidays" Is my idea for a quick tweet.

Took me about 10 seconds to type half asleep. To do that as a tweet maybe 30 seconds. No mention of WarZ nor dates. And I don't see anything wrong with them saying they would like to improve the testing experience.

As long as development is continuing the delay is no big deal. Just say so please!

Will a reddit post from December 20th suffice or you need to been told development continues on a daily basis?

Here's the information you requested, posted ten days ago:

Fair point. This was a crisis that needed attention to enable people to play. Standalone is going just fine, I need to be a bit more careful about what I say so it's less of a crisis situation. If only half the people buy the game because I've been super quiet then so be it, we want to make this the best it can be. That is all we care about now. Everything else is secondary, release date, profit - the lot. Marek (CEO) and me both want the same thing, DayZ to live up to its potential.

http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns

You cant honestly believe that profit is secondary.

Im sorry to burst your bubble but despite how much rocket wants the game to live up to its potential, if he does not please the investors then there will be a lot of consequences and the game will not reach its potential.

Also if you're going to discount everything Rocket says anyways, why the great demand for constant updates?

It's there some kind of contradition here?

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

honestly, rocket's all over the place sometimes. he gets amped/fired up/wound up/whatever, and says things. at one point back in October he said he wasn't doing any interviews until the standalone was out. needless to say he did some interviews after that. I understand, but at the same time don't blame me if i take what he says with a grain of salt

edit: especially when he's saying bold things like he doesn't care if half the people buy the game. it should be obvious that's a rather hyperbolic reactionary statement

Edited by daze23

honestly, rocket's all over the place sometimes. he gets amped/fired up/wound up/whatever, and says things. at one point back in October he said he wasn't doing any interviews until the standalone was out. needless to say he did some interviews after that. I understand, but at the same time don't blame me if i take what he says with a grain of salt

I guess you can't have it all. You can either have an innovative dev that speaks from the heart and gets it wrong sometimes or you can have a silver-tongued dev that knows exactly what to say but ultimately dissapoints everyone. Or there's the 3rd type that just fucks everything up but still won't quit (not mentioning any names, you know who you are).

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

I was having a discussion with some of my mates about the good and bad things of 2012, for example my grandfather dying sucked, but something good was me getting the uni course I wanted etc etc. When asked what i'm looking forward to in 2013 *most* of all, I said DayZ Standalone.

Some of them are gamers but none of them thought it deserved my utmost excitement as one of the best things in 2013; I still really think it will be though :)

I just really, really, really.....REALLY need some sort of an update. Even one acknowledging rockets existence xD

Will a reddit post from December 20th suffice or you need to been told development continues on a daily basis?

If what you're saying could be said at any point in development and still make sense, it's not an update. Imagine being the supervisor asking your employee "how soon until you're done?" and for months they keep telling you "Almost done"... but it never seems to get anywhere. Are you still satisfied with the answer? No.

The same can be said about the last 'update' we got from Rocket. We need some information so that we can at least get a basic grasp over how long the delay will be. I can understand that he is stressed about the project and taking a break is fine by me (everybody needs one) but the next time he gives us some information, let it be something of substance instead of something you could have printed on a stamp and reuse for years to come. We don't need development details or estimations (let us make those), but at least say something to the tune of "We weren't satisfied with the level of polish on some of the new features so we decided to delay to make the game everything it should be." or something along those lines.

It's 2013 no word about the release still. I hope soon. I think they are not telling us when it is going to be out because they don't know when its out. They don't want to say a day and it be wrong again and everyone get angry. They also don;t want to say something that is far in the future that people might get angry about to.

I was having a discussion with some of my mates about the good and bad things of 2012, for example my grandfather dying sucked, but something good was me getting the uni course I wanted etc etc. When asked what i'm looking forward to in 2013 *most* of all, I said DayZ Standalone.

Some of them are gamers but none of them thought it deserved my utmost excitement as one of the best things in 2013; I still really think it will be though :)

I just really, really, really.....REALLY need some sort of an update. Even one acknowledging rockets existence xD

Did he just give you all his beans now? Rocket I mean, forget how the forums works (as in did he give them prior to that post) if not.... You have proof of his existence! :)

Did he just give you all his beans now? Rocket I mean, forget how the forums works (as in did he give them prior to that post) if not.... You have proof of his existence! :)

The last time Rocket logged in was Dec 28th. It can't be him - has to be someone else making a new username with a capital R.

v

Just noticed! LOL

Edited by CDriVe1335