griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

if you think the standalone is, currently, a "finshed" product, you're a fool

If you actually read what I said- I heard it as a rumor, I never said "I think dayz standalone is finished". And even if it isnt finished- u think WarZ was finished?.. lol

Edited by evil.piggeh

Merged.

All the rumors you hear are strictly rumors, no official information about release has seen the light of day to the public.

• Like 1

Merged.

All the rumors you hear are strictly rumors, no official information about release has seen the light of day to the public.

Well, that answers that then! Thanks! lol. ... Don't you work for BiS? No secret info on a release date? You can tell me bro, i wont tell anyone ;)

Um, someone deleted my post from the rumours thread, so here it is again.

This video has in it has gifts sent from BIS to a guy 'Jerry Hopper'

In it there is leaflets with "Many Happy DayZ 2013"

That makes me think it will be released on Jan 1st.

• Like 1

Ah ok, i missed that. Feel free to delete this and my previous post. Sorry!

So your complaint is people buying Arma 2 CO for $15 and DAYZ SA alpha for $30 still being cheaper than a POS console game for $60 is a rip off?

Arma 2 is no means the greatest game in the world in my mind (I got it in June and have just barely begun to play it), but between the armory and a few of the challenges I feel it is a great steal for that price. You are getting 2 games for the cost of ordering takeout.

PLUS, I'm going to assume with all the work on SA they probably don't have extra features like the armory from Arma. Where else are you going to hone your piloting skills? Last night I was flying around chernarus with an alt of 20-30 going at least 100km until i hit a power line telephone pole . GREAT FUN !!!

If you already feel that(about ArmA II) you should keep on playing it specially the multiplayer, its not the greatest game alright but it beats(for me) any other fps games now a days(yep BF3, MWIII,Black Ops etc), because its a much more realistic approach and a whole new ball game when it comes to action and teamplay. Im crazy about the SA release but also about the ArmA III release. Im so thankful BI exist!

Edited by lucso

They only mean happy 2013. And its kinda obvious that its going to be released in 2013 eh.

and somebody said something about SA going to be 30$? Hell naow. 5-10$ Aprox? (if looking back to MC)

They only mean happy 2013. And its kinda obvious that its going to be released in 2013 eh.

and somebody said something about SA going to be 30$? Hell naow. 5-10$ Aprox? (if looking back to MC)

Yeah i heard it was going to be pretty low cant remember the exact amount.

Hello there

Just a quick FYI

Remember, reading a post stating "I heard xxxxx and xxxxx" does not constitute proof or reality.

For eg *I* heard Rocket is my biggest fan and is going to give me Mat's job as he smells of parrots.

Just because a mod or "known source" has alluded to something does not necessarily mean it's true.

We can, however, extrapolate ideas from the info that has been released ie "Minecraft sales Model" therefore one can assume £10-15 on first release.

But also remember, nothing is set in stone, so parameters can shift a little or indeed wildly.

rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I thought we were supposed to keep that to ourselves as Rocket hasn't broken the news to Matt yet :(

• Like 3

Um, someone deleted my post from the rumours thread, so here it is again.

This video has in it has gifts sent from BIS to a guy 'Jerry Hopper'

In it there is leaflets with "Many Happy DayZ 2013"

That makes me think it will be released on Jan 1st.

What an awesome gift that was!!!

• Like 1

Like everyone else, I'm dying to get my hands on the standalone. But we have to look at the bigger picture as far as timescale is concerned.

For one, the guy who gave us Dayz in the first place has recently said his health is suffering because of the pressure involved in making the SA. Millions of people are waiting for this, that is pressure. Also, a flood of morons are obviously too immature to wait and bother him constantly with requests for info. Rocket gave us a great mod, that for me personally has reignited my love for gaming I lost when the current gen of consoles appeared. He can take all the time he needs as far as I'm concerned.

If we want the standalone to live up to our hopes, we have to wait. Bitching about it isnt going to help, if anything it will do the opposite.

I'm still loving the mod, especially Namalsk (surviving a single day is an achievement) and I'm more than happy to scavenge for gear on the current version for a while yet.

• Like 2

Like everyone else, I'm dying to get my hands on the standalone. But we have to look at the bigger picture as far as timescale is concerned.

For one, the guy who gave us Dayz in the first place has recently said his health is suffering because of the pressure involved in making the SA. Millions of people are waiting for this, that is pressure. Also, a flood of morons are obviously too immature to wait and bother him constantly with requests for info. Rocket gave us a great mod, that for me personally has reignited my love for gaming I lost when the current gen of consoles appeared. He can take all the time he needs as far as I'm concerned.

If we want the standalone to live up to our hopes, we have to wait. Bitching about it isnt going to help, if anything it will do the opposite.

I'm still loving the mod, especially Namalsk (surviving a single day is an achievement) and I'm more than happy to scavenge for gear on the current version for a while yet.

You guys don't mind the wait because you have the mod to play! I'm not going to buy Arma when I believe the SA will be coming soon.

• Like 1

You guys don't mind the wait because you have the mod to play! I'm not going to buy Arma when I believe the SA will be coming soon.

you dont know that he has the mod to play , he could also be waiting for the SA . and besides hes right , its 1 man taking all the heat and pressure from over a MILLION real human beings thats alot if you think about it when afterall this is just a mod for arma2 he didnt expect it to blow up like this , no pun intended !

you dont know that he has the mod to play , he could also be waiting for the SA

come on dude (edit: I guess it's not a "dude"). he says "I'm still loving the mod, especially Namalsk"

Edited by daze23
  • Like 1

I sure am enjoying the stand alone!! im glad it came out before Christmas like they said!

oh wait.

• Like 7

On Rocket's twitter, you can see a photo with a box, where you can see $15!

maybe its taking so long because there might be a boxed version we can buy , and that might be a suprise ? lol a girl can dream .

• Like 1

I sure am enjoying the stand alone!! im glad it came out before Christmas like they said!

oh wait.

\

oh wait. They never said it would. It was a personal deadline.

• Like 3

I'm not paying $30 or more for the standalone, really. I never paid more than $12-15 for a game and if it will be really expensive, I'll just remain with the mod.

its 1 man taking all the heat and pressure from over a MILLION real human beings thats alot if you think about it when afterall this is just a mod for arma2 he didnt expect it to blow up like this , no pun intended !

I can see your point but please don't be soo dramatic, it is not like we r poking him with forks and yelling for information. He may not have expected it but from the moment he accepted it, it became his JOB, some people do not expect to become a garbage collector, but they don't stop collecting the fucking trash just because they r not felling like doing it. He made the best mod of 2012, he is now developing a game with the company that made the original game he modded and is getting paid for that, that really must be a nightmare. I'm not crying because i want the SA right now, i'm not asking him to come here on the forums and say something, i'm only asking him to use his power and give information to an employee who would then come here and give us the information.

It's a fuckin company FFS, it's not one man, they have employees who can and should come here and give us an update on the situation. Oh, i didn't paid for the game? Put a pre-purchase and i'll be glad to pay for it, if it will give me access to some info.

I see people coming here and saying how sorry they are about rockets depression, but as i said before, rocket is not the only person who works for Bohemia. In fact, i guess we shouldn't be complaining about rocket, we should be complaining about bohemia itself.

• Like 4