griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

Well - they'll have signed up to a NDA, so I think not. However, the same thing happened to <choke> The WarZ and footage went out online (mainly to highlight just how shite it was). Hopefully the beta testers won't do this as they'll be fully behind the game and it's development.

Please read before giving others information

Because yes they can stream and upload while under the NDA

• Like 2

/Btw. why everyone calls it closed beta? It is closed pre-alpha/server stress test or have I missed something?

It has a loose name of what it is exacly. Matt lightfoot has recently called it a Technical test

According to Matt the NDA is to avoid people leaking the build, not leaking footage.

Also don't hang your hat on whether it's an alpha, beta or foundation.

According to Matt the NDA is to avoid people leaking the build, not leaking footage.

Also don't hang your hat on whether it's an alpha, beta or foundation.

It's a technology test. That's what it is, thats what Rocket called it, thats what Matt called it. Alpha, or 'foundation' release comes after.

Edited by Cdrive
  • Like 1

Lol, this thread is dead for 2 days! Now, let me ask you something: Is Rocket planning the trailer of the game to this saturday; I thought that when He said on Twitter: "Survivor GameZ on this saturday! Apparently trailer is out soon... exciting!"

Edited by zombie123

I think Survivor GameZ is a Esports version of DayZ. An edited version of the mod, where the players are forced into a designated killzone. As the game progresses the killzone becomes smaller and smaller, guaranteeing action.

Lol, this thread is dead for 2 days! Now, let me ask you something: Is Rocket planning the trailer of the game to this saturday; I thought that when He said on Twitter: "Survivor GameZ on this saturday! Apparently trailer is out soon... exciting!"

He was talking about the Survivor Gamez trailer.

• Like 1

Been reading on the forum for a wile, but decided it was time to finally make an account.

Can't wait for the release! =)

welcome to the forums, Wear Armour, you may need it!

Oh, the pessimism.

We're like any other forum. Nice, kind, gentle and have reasonable rational arguments. The mods and admin are in no way to be feared as we're all survivors not bandits, waiting for you to put down your gun.

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

I think Survivor GameZ is a Esports version of DayZ. An edited version of the mod, where the players are forced into a designated killzone. As the game progresses the killzone becomes smaller and smaller, guaranteeing action.

I really enjoyed watching that last night but my only complaint is to get rid of the damn 180 degree FOV, and also how much action they missed. I feel like out of 10 deaths they saw only 2 of them. Maybe this years will have more people looking around to make sure the camera is where the action is.

these are just my thoughts and vision what might happan

If Dayz will not come out in 1-2 month it might FAIL.

Why?

Here my thoughts:

when Dayz mod showed up it was something new for most of the todays gamers. With huge map and Zeds who are pain in ass who will kill you just coz you looking on them. Day and night cycle. Night really dark and you cant see shit without flares. On first days Day Z was more like people vs zombies mostly because people really wanted to discover all the map of Chernoruss.

on first weeks of Dayz Zeds where reason not to KOS - because lots of people knew - if I will fire in city or village I will get ~ 30 zeds on me without possibility to run away.

And lots of people was glad to see other people because only in group you could survive longer.

then at some point all the Chernoruss was discovered and only thing was left to do is to start killing other people. That made people to start to cry about zeds who are too strong and must be made less painful - Day Z team did that - that started KOS in DayZ.

DayZ form PvZeds become PVP - that made people to ask more cars/chopers whatever - just faster to get weapons and gear up .... it was fun but then it become boring too.

Then other Dayz maps started to pop up - Lingor, takistan, utes, zagrabad, fallujah ..... u name it - for very short time it was hope that it might bring back will to discover but it never happen

Sandbox is great for people who can fancy things. most of the people is starting to forget what is dreaming and thinking about "what if" - they just need orders - GO DO THIS, GO DO THAT.

And at this point ARMA2 Wasteland kicks in - which is Sandbox but there is Missions, you don't need to think about what to do too much- and people killing is the must :)

plus there are huge amount of all possible cars, armor and guns - you are free to use all you get - there almost is no things that scripters(hackers) can spawn in and get huge advantage over you.

So... what is left for DayZ standalone ?! - updated Chernoruss map with stupid boring zeds ? were people will defiantly KOS all over the map ?

limited transport and gear - no missions ?

WHAT is there real message from DayZ developers to potential game buyers like me ?

DayZ SA will have less hackers - well even if there was no hacker at all I doubt Dayz could hold people for long time

Dayz SA will have new houses and places - if zeds will be same dumb as they are now I will need 1 day to see everything - what then ?

Dayz SA you will be able to change closes - yeah this has huge importance :D

Edited by V3C1C

Even now in it's current state DayZ doesn't become boring very fast. Now imagine how it will look like without hacking (major one), better Zombies, improved map, improved GUI, more weapons, more skins, more characters, story, better netcode, less issues, more immersive...

• Like 1

DayZ is not an end-game like other bullshit games that you can finish in just 4 or 5 hours.(After that people get bored of these games too). Its a survival and struggle game against an apocalypse, so all you have to do is survive, survive, and survive. Everyone who plays DayZ must understand this idea first. Expecting more than the game offers, may put you in disappointed situation.

Of course Im sure of that weapons and gear system will be reduced a little bit in SA, because if its not, Im not gonna buy that game too. I dont want to find an as50 Thermal on the coast when I first respawned. You are right at this point. (Same with the cars)...

Also they MUST deal with hackers, if it must take years. Because last f**in 2 weeks I couldnt play regularly, I lived just 1 or 2 days and got shot by some ghillie maniac with KVSK sniper rifle.(Not even as50, KVSK.)

I dont know other people but I expect lots of things from SA. Money is not problem at least for me, but if I see just one massive hacking in SA, Im going to erase the game from my hard drive and never ever going to buy any game they made again...

Sorry for bad English.

Even now in it's current state DayZ doesn't become boring very fast. Now imagine how it will look like without hacking (major one), better Zombies, improved map, improved GUI, more weapons, more skins, more characters, story, better netcode, less issues, more immersive...

for me Dayz SA would be great if no hackers and Zeds would be like Infected from "21 days later" - fast and dangerous. :) and want them make me crouch from kamenka to NWAF :)

They are making major improvments to Zombies. I've heard that if you are heard (e.g. Shooting) you have mass amounts of hordes on you within minutes. Zombies right now suck because they are limited by the engine behind the game. This is what SA is all about. They can do whatever they want with it now. I've also heard zombies will be spread out across the entire map rather than in towns and that they will doubling the amount of zombies in towns as well.

They are making major improvments to Zombies. I've heard that if you are heard (e.g. Shooting) you have mass amounts of hordes on you within minutes. Zombies right now suck because they are limited by the engine behind the game. This is what SA is all about. They can do whatever they want with it now. I've also heard zombies will be spread out across the entire map rather than in towns and that they will doubling the amount of zombies in towns as well.

I want to see the face of people who fires a m107 sniper in the forest thinking its safe, then run from horde to nowhere :D

• Like 1

Also rocket confirmed that zombies will~run indoors, that alone will make zombies way more difficult.

• Like 1

Also rocket confirmed that zombies will~run indoors, that alone will make zombies way more difficult.

this is the big one for me sitting on top of the offices, hospital ect will not longer be a option because you will have alot of fast moving zeds on you

I would also like to see zeds out side of towns villages city's ect so places like sniper hill in chrno electro and stary stop being a 100% safe option against zeds

this is the big one for me sitting on top of the offices, hospital ect will not longer be a option because you will have alot of fast moving zeds on you

I would also like to see zeds out side of towns villages city's ect so places like sniper hill in chrno electro and stary stop being a 100% safe option against zeds

Yeah, I'd like to see zombies not despawning for 30 seconds or so after a player quits to stop people relogging to avoid zombies and also zombies slowly spawning within 100m or so of you and wandering around if you linger in an area.

So basically you're saying if the SA is not released soon the game will fail because of KoS players? Oh ok....

Yeah, I'd like to see zombies not despawning for 30 seconds or so after a player quits to stop people relogging to avoid zombies and also zombies slowly spawning within 100m or so of you and wandering around if you linger in an area.

This. Id like to see a system implemented similar to combat logging. If an aggro zombie is within x meters of you and you log out you will die you will not pass go and you will not receive $200.

for me Dayz SA would be great if no hackers and Zeds would be like Infected from "21 days later" - fast and dangerous. :) and want them make me crouch from kamenka to NWAF :)

You think it's bad at that point - you should see how bad things get a week later!

Edited by Bansidhe
  • Like 1

This game/mod is only limited by the player's imagination.

You build a story and a life. Each time you die, you can begin a new story; or simply pick up on the old one. It's like writing your own book in a game.

Find friends, have a clan wars, stop KOS and INTERACT with people. It makes the adrenaline flow.

YOU limit the game, not the other way around.

So basically you're saying if the SA is not released soon the game will fail because of KoS players? Oh ok....

no it might fail because more and more people will learn how to play ARMA2 and will demand much more than DayZ can offer :) I know at least 4 people who were totally against ARMA2 but dayz/wasteland changed their mind. now their gaming is 80% ARMA2 vs 20% BF3/COD ...