BilboBaggins (DayZ)

Wing Suits in DayZ?

Why would there be wingsuits randomly strewed about a post-Soviet country? Also do you mean an ordinary wingsuit or a jet powered one? Either way it just seems a little out of place for this game.

EDIT: orlok basically said exactly what I said in a much more eloquent fashion.

Edited by Goggalor

Compared to a normal guy in a zombie apocalypse who knows how to use every weapon, military gadget, explosive, vehicle as well as knowing how to repair everything, hunt and track and also how to fix yourself from any and every medical condition with all the medical supplies you find.

it isn't THAT ridiculous.

You miss the point entirely.This is a survival game.You would learn to shoot guns and repair things.Wing suits dont fit into dayz

I have to agree with SeaMan, I just didn't want to be mean about it as you seem young and enthusiastic.

Maybe ask your friends about your next suggestion and see what they think?, posting anything on here generally leads to the responses you got today.

You miss the point entirely.This is a survival game.You would learn to shoot guns and repair things.Wing suits dont fit into dayz

Actually I got the point. While I never agreed that the wingsuits would be a good idea, I wouldn't want them in there either.

But you did say that someone would be too scared to use a wingsuit out of fear because they are a "normal" guy in an apocalypse.

I think I would be more frightened of trying to fly a helicopter which actually is in game. So on the ridiculous factor I still maintain it isn't that ridiculous.

Paraglider would be sweet. Already parachute code, just make it go up :)

Edited by Trizzo

First a player would have to get some virtual training:

Go down to your local dropzone, enroll in AFF training, do 200 jumps, do some wingsuit training and find a mountain to jump off. You'll drop 5 digits in gear, training and jump tickets and, if that's what was missing from your life, every penny will be worth it.

There aren't even any mountains in Chernarus high enough to jump off, let alone a simple cliff.

In order to have wing suits you need to have planes to drop you from, Please board the next plane and move yourself to Stupid idea land.

Do they have them in COD?

Past, But yeah.Something tells me English is not his first language.Unless he really like cheese.

UUUGGGHHH FAR CRY 3 AAAAGGGHHH I GOTTA GO SUGGEST EVERY ITEM FROM THAT GAME AAHHRHRHRH

I love wing suits as much as the next guy. I just dont see how it fits. Parachutes work just fine.

Someone has been playin level two (or is it three) of the BO2 campaign?? They use wingsuits there

Lololol

Edited by Vindicator

A definite no to wingsuits from me, but I am open to some kind of ultralight aviation, something like this

DFEAscenderIIIC01.jpg

I do know for a fact that an airplane like this is already in the files, you can even find it on some Rmod servers, so how about that?

I think they should have a Usage in the mod like a guy in a wing suit could jump out a plane and actually fall slower and be able to move further than the guy without the wing suit meaning you can have a guy drop you in and Decide between stealth on the ground or a Further away Jump and it would have a Use for things like making Somebody who decides to HALO Jump onto a Bandit Fort having the Advantage of Being able to open the Chute closer to the ground instead of opening it Higher and Having a Higher Chance of Detection also the could be a bonus to it other than those like you can get a Secondary Pack that only straps on to the Wing Suit that allows for another Coyote Backpack amount of Space with the Cayote most people will carry

Thanks for all the comments guys. Some of them in the begining were really stupid but im glad you got into detail later on in the forum post. My next idea will be fully check over so that i have no flaws and so that it is easier to comprehend.

One more thing whats up with the CoD posts? This is DayZ....

At least it is an original idea - few and far between nowadays.

There's nothing wrong with suggesting something 'out there' - you never know how Rocket may view these suggestions ie: the pooing idea!

As far as my opinion on this - no thanks, i just don't see it fitting in with the DayZ theme.

washing machine board....

I need to get that dirty bandit blood out of my gillie.

This is definitely one of the most ridiculous things I've read on the forum.

For a start, it doesn't fit in anywhere whatsoever with the overall style of DayZ.

Secondly, why the hell would you want a 'wingsuit'? It adds nothing into the game that a parachute already doesn't and the parachute isn't so stupid.

Not going to be a dick about it. It was lots of fun in FarCry3 but it's not suitable for DayZ.

Think this would kinda ruin some of the gameplay, and they shouldn't add a jumping mecanic to the game, that would also ruin it..

I dont like the idea, sorry to say, but its kinda off, from where i see DayZ as a beautiful game.

seems someone has been playing too much far cry and Black Ops: II

font='comic sans ms...

Comic Sans...

What are you doing?