Sign in to follow this  
ResidentEvil

Add AR-15s in the standalone.

No point.

Ar-15 is the exact same thing as the M16A1

I mean literally the EXACT SAME THING

M16 is just the military designation for the AR-15.

I doubt it could possibly be your favorite gun if you know nothing about it.

A little off-topic, but.

Any weapon can be anyone's favorite. For whatever reason, be it just looks or sound.

As for the topic itself;

I doubt anything will be added simply because a handful of (read: one) people claim it as their favorite weapon.

Is there any other reason why it should be added?

Well I agree with the Ar-15 to be found in residentals maybe? It is somewhat a common gun to most people,heck I have 3

I agree with this. Adding semi auto only civilian variants of weapons would be pretty cool.

I mean really, there needs to be more guns in this game. I don't mean like military grade I mean like guns you would find at home and acuttaly defend yourself with in real life. Ar-15 would be the perfect example

No point.

There are many variants of the original ArmaLite design, to say that a M16a1 is exactly the same as a AR15 is inaccurate.

• Like 2

No point.

He probably knows that. The reason he's suggesting it is because it's the civilian, semi-auto version. I seriously don't see a reason not to implement as it would be extremely easy because we already have the models.

• Like 1

He probably knows that. The reason he's suggesting it is because it's the civilian, semi-auto version. I seriously don't see a reason not to implement as it would be extremely easy because we already have the models.

^^^^^^^^^

No point.

There is the small matter of select fire. That's not what I would call exact. Further, there are myriad options for AR-15s that most military units would not/ could not budget fior, or might actively disallow if they make the CO nervous (like a match trigger, upgraded charging handle, muzzle brake, etc). Officers are twitchy fuckers.

I'm not saying that the devs should spend man hours to add near infinite rifle bling; only that there are enough restrictions on both sides of the line to make a functionally very different system. But I probably know nothing about it either, right? ;)

Edited by 032125

Thanks for backing me up. That is exactly what I was suggesting.

• Like 1

I'd rather have the R2D2.

In that case, I want a lightsaber. Yes I know you are probably referring to the CIWS but what would you mount it on?

Edited by maxnmike

M16A2, M16A4, M4A1

Those are all military versions of the same exact weapon, AR-15.

Edited by Sutinen

What ever the weapon is being included, please, please have them stored in common sense locations like maybe hidden in a locked drawer, closet or gunrack above the mantle peice!

I'd go as far as to say do this for all loot.

I'e. food and water found in kitchen cupboards, medicine in bedrooms/cabinetes, etc.

The current way that it is currently done is bordering on the rediculous.

Edited by coder4crack

Exactly.

US and NATO military equipment could be found in Cherarus thanks to the Op. Arrowhead back story.

US civilian weapons are very unlikely considering the Soviets didn't allow the import of foreign weapons and had very strict gun controls.

Uh, no way! That would be a waste, there is no appreciable difference apart from firing modes.

While we're at it, we could add a version of the M1911 with a checkered front strap! I'm sure that would be appreciated by gamers. Or maybe add a Romanian AKM that is the exact same, only more... Romanian.

I really doubt that any civilians in any eastern European country would have AR-15's. It is not Texas there... :P

Whether or not Chernarus should have western weapons in general, making modular weapons pretty much solves all this. The M16/AR Platform is very versatile. I'd like to see things found throughout the map. Finding a scope here, an AR-15 Upper Reciever there... etc. You may have an AR-15 Civilian version but find a lower reciever that has fully automatic capabilities. A quick change over and now you're Full Auto or vice versa. One could take an M4A1 and turn it into an SPR-ish weapon.

Same goes for the rest of the weapons. If an accessory designed to be used on picatinny rails, then that accessory should be able to go on any weapon that uses picatinny rails. If parts are interchangeable (whether due to degradation or simple matter of choice) they should have the ability to be swapped out for the better part.

What I don't want to see is 10 variants of the M16 like in the current game. Like Arma 3, you don't need 10 variants but one gun with an assortment of attachments that can make it into any of those 10 weapons.

Whether or not Chernarus should have western weapons in general, making modular weapons pretty much solves all this. The M16/AR Platform is very versatile. I'd like to see things found throughout the map. Finding a scope here, an AR-15 Upper Reciever there... etc. You may have an AR-15 Civilian version but find a lower reciever that has fully automatic capabilities. A quick change over and now you're Full Auto or vice versa. One could take an M4A1 and turn it into an SPR-ish weapon.

Same goes for the rest of the weapons. If an accessory designed to be used on picatinny rails, then that accessory should be able to go on any weapon that uses picatinny rails. If parts are interchangeable (whether due to degradation or simple matter of choice) they should have the ability to be swapped out for the better part.

What I don't want to see is 10 variants of the M16 like in the current game. Like Arma 3, you don't need 10 variants but one gun with an assortment of attachments that can make it into any of those 10 weapons.

My thoughts exactly.

If something was going to be added I would think it would be from the already existing Arma game like the G36.

Hello there

Personally, I would like to see more Homebrew eastern Bloc weapons.

One can assume that in EB countries, most folk *if* they could get a weapons permit would, most likely, buy some kind of AKs clone. It's homebrew, prices would be lower and ammo far cheaper.

could be talking out my bum though.

Rgds

LoK