Azrail (DayZ)

Combat loggers now get replaced with bots!

[uPDATED] - BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS replaced with BAF_L85A2_RIS_Holo. (HeliCrash)

Sad face :( I wanted the SUSAT.

Apart from that, this patch looks awesome!

Edited by Rooneye

According to change log, we'll get more antibiotics as well. I like the change, it gives another incentive to respect the zombies and a need to raid and keep more supplies.

All these goddies and the SA looming? I hope these features are in the SA!

Seriously who needs th SA!

ME :D

• Like 1

Yeh patch is looking good.

Zeds now have the ability to pull you from open vehicles.

Shit just got real.

Finally! That's awesome. It was silly you could just chill in your vehicle totally safe.

• Like 1

To be honest, I think its a good idea but could be horrible.

Bots in Arma 2 can actually be pretty kickass, Considerably more kickass than a lot of DayZ and unsuspecting bandit victims alike. Clueless player combat logs after being shot at from an unknown location and player, bot takes over and responds better than player would have, with better aim, finds out where you were shooting from with much greater ease...

I'm not saying I like shooting bambis but those bots have the potential to be an unfair advantage.

.... This is of course thinking that the bots with have AI and not just stand there.

Vehicles need to spawn with a % chance of a corpse hidden in the backseat. If you don't notice it or remove there should be a % chance that it comes to life, while driving.

• Like 2

Bots in Arma 2 can actually be pretty kickass, Considerably more kickass than a lot of DayZ and unsuspecting bandit victims alike. Clueless player combat logs after being shot at from an unknown location and player, bot takes over and responds better than player would have, with better aim, finds out where you were shooting from with much greater ease...

I'm not saying I like shooting bambis but those bots have the potential to be an unfair advantage.

.... This is of course thinking that the bots with have AI and not just stand there.

I don't believe the function of the bots is to fight if the owner dcs, but to stand there with all the owners equipment, forcing them to loose everything if the combat dc.

Edited by sarkasm0

Totally , if the bots fight back it null and voids the reason for the bot in the first place. I imagine it will just stand there in the standard new spawn stance. Hopefully we will be able to study body and name and shame the people who still try and log like pussies :)

• Like 1

Have you played ArmA 2? The AI is shite! xD

• Like 1

Only downside of a zombie aggro keeping a bot in place on the event of a DC, or power out-age not only will you be worried if your character is still alive at all, but it is a circumstance that is uncontrollable and legitimate on the users part... I know it would be nice, but some poor soul out there (most likely me) would get a DC (DSL) or a power out-age (live in the sticks) and then I'd be up shits creek for a very flaw'd reason.

Only downside of a zombie aggro keeping a bot in place on the event of a DC, or power out-age not only will you be worried if your character is still alive at all, but it is a circumstance that is uncontrollable and legitimate on the users part... I know it would be nice, but some poor soul out there (most likely me) would get a DC (DSL) or a power out-age (live in the sticks) and then I'd be up shits creek for a very flaw'd reason.

This is the only real legitimate downside to punishing combat loggers. Server resets could also cause this issue if there isn't a provision in the code for that specific reason for DCing (if it's even possible...) - However, I think it's a palatable balance. FAR MORE people combat log than drop randomly. Honestly, if you drop every few minutes, you should probably not play an online FPS anyways. I feel your pain (I had a shit connection a few years back), but these patches need to be more utilitarian than otherwise.

Edited by sudZ!
  • Like 1

Looking at the changelog, I'm going "Ok, cool changes" but then I see they are locking down database deployables to only approved items...no no no no no no no no. Don't you dare start closing off the database! It's hard enough as a server admin to add fun new things. I don't want another roadblock in my way. Whatever they think it's gonna help, it's not. Especially not with hacking.

I voted they replace combat loggers with goats and bunnies. Who doesnt like goats and bunnies? Who doesnt like goats and bunnies... WITH ASSAULT RIFLES!? Exactly.

Make it happen team.

Edited by Mr Nasty

https://github.com/R...on/Changelog.md

* [NEW] - In combat bot added if your in combat and logoff your player will be replaced with a bot that can still be looted and killed.

shit is getting serious folks!

Thats sound like real shit. What loot will this bots have? It sound like a legit way to dupe stuff with your friends..

Edited by Gradan

Thats sound like real shit. What loot will this bots have? It sound like a legit way to dupe stuff with your friends..

lol.

I guess it will be just your character standing around and poking in his nose. If you get killed you lose everything. End of the story.

LOL yeah man, how could you interpret it like that, it would encourage combat logging.

You combat log, your character becomes bot, your bot dies then it's Game Over for the bot and you when you decide to log back in.

Looking at the changelog, I'm going "Ok, cool changes" but then I see they are locking down database deployables to only approved items...no no no no no no no no. Don't you dare start closing off the database! It's hard enough as a server admin to add fun new things. I don't want another roadblock in my way. Whatever they think it's gonna help, it's not. Especially not with hacking.

You think that limiting Publish Object will do this? Honest question - unsure myself.

You think that limiting Publish Object will do this? Honest question - unsure myself.

Well, yes. Then there is this little note:

[NEW] - Added new constraint to block non Dayz items from being wrote to the db

Well, yes. Then there is this little note:

[NEW] - Added new constraint to block non Dayz items from being wrote to the db

i will assume this is for public hive.

you shouldn't add custom items on public hive.

can't see what would stop you from changing/removing this constraint on a private hive.

Edited by Azrail