Azrail (DayZ)

Combat loggers now get replaced with bots!

Yep; just like girls do, zeds can give you cooties.

And cooties, Bill means syphilis.

For anyone wanting to know (kinda, Im guessing) what the bots may be like load up arma 2 and play a bit against the AI. The question is if the server is on Regular will the bots be easy and if the server is on expert will the bots be a lot harder like in ArmA 2? Would kinda suck as the combat loggers would probs play on expert so their bot would be better :D Personally I dont think bots will be much of a threat, I reckon it will at least take a few seconds for it to transfer over from the player to the bot and once its a bot unless you dont see it and it sees you, they're probably gunna be easy as pie like in ArmA 2. In ArmA 2 the AI does this thing where it takes forever for them to turn around while aiming their gun, so you can just sort of keep walking to their right or left and the literally cant get an aim on you <.< However there are also AI mods you can get that make the AI better, maybe something like that will get implemented.

I voted they replace combat loggers with goats and bunnies. Who doesnt like goats and bunnies? Who doesnt like goats and bunnies... WITH ASSAULT RIFLES!? Exactly.

Make it happen team.

Hell yeah!

catshitone02_zps6df02f2b.jpg

• Like 4

The bot remains in game until the combat timer runs out or what the deal? I've been getting some kind of NVIDIA driver error that turns my screen black as well as the odd bluescreen, also if you are booted from game by an admin(I was flying a heli looking for heli crashes when I suddenly received "You have been kicked from game" message, I presume thats an admin doing) and you are in combat I imagine it will do the same thing.

* [uPDATED] - Combat Mode is now effected by everything you do and everything done to you (example any kind of damage).

* [uPDATED] - Bots will lie down on player disconnect.

* [uPDATED] - While bots are active all gear is synced in real time as if the bot was a normal player removes dupping issues.

Small updates to bots and combat logging.

BTW updates can be seen here

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103845-rolling-changelog-for-community-builds/

• Like 4

R4ZOR49, awesome, any hint as to when this patch comes? Many thanks, I've enjoyed this game very much.

R4ZOR49, awesome, any hint as to when this patch comes? Many thanks, I've enjoyed this game very much.

* [uPDATED] - Combat Mode is now effected by everything you do and everything done to you (example any kind of damage).

* [uPDATED] - While bots are active all gear is synced in real time as if the bot was a normal player removes dupping issues.

http://dayzmod.com/f...mmunity-builds/

Do you know if difficulty level of the server will affect bots performance at all?

Also off topic, but you can't post in that thread; That food icon needs re-doing IMO the rest look great, but that one does not.

Do you know if difficulty level of the server will affect bots performance at all?

I think they will just stay down, not fighting back.

Edited by leodacosta

I think they will just stay down, not fighting back.

Ohhh right, so they won't shoot at all and will just lay there? I assumed it just meant they'd go prone, but would still 'play' i.e be controlled by AI and shoot etc. Can anyone confirm that they'll just lay there? Will they not move at all?

http://dayzmod.com/f...mmunity-builds/

Is there anyway we can get the bots to cower like civilians? Maybe even throw in a nice crying sound?

• Like 1

All players are on the same side technically, each players is its own group, I guess the bots will be to, thus they won't shoot at "friendlies" ^_^

I have shot at three different bandits today...And they all ran and hide behind something and combat logged....

Why would anyone assume or wonder if the bots would do anything else other than be inanimate is beyond me .

Combat log fix - is it fixed if someone logs and then the bot continues fighting for the logger ?

:facepalm:

• Like 1

Just as long as the zombies cant randomly pull you out when the car is moving at speed.

Its about time. Now all we need is anti ghosting and we're set.

You'd need to be careful about that, though. Ghosting is the only way you can escape the Thunderdome.

The Only time an icon should blink red, or have any change in color, is when it is blinking and critical. I love the new icons, and the slow change in their perspective "levels". But did I read it correctly that they intend on having the temp icon change in color due to the temp values? If so this should remain green until critical. As is, I still check when I see the combat icon as it flashes red... Do not like this at all.