rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

This mod wasnt ment for qqing noobs who dont know how to survive.

You can blame the mod makers' date=' but its you noobs who dont know how to survive, go play a bit splintercell 1,2,3 and learn what sneaking means.

I know they can see you from close, but what the fuck are you gonna do when real zombies are close to you in rl, and you are like oh men fuck you man why do you see me from so close i was crawling to you wtf yo.

What you will do is if you see a zombie you will be like fuck this shit im walking a few blocks.

[/quote']

I'm laying on the ground, prone, in tall grass, not moving. I don't see how they should see me if i'm hidden...

Dude, shower up. They can smell that funky corn chip reek coming off you.

New use for the ocean: future chafing bath.

I just joined the server and spawned in grass field I dont know where I am and there are many corpses and before that I was in city' date='what the hell? Is that bug? Help me please,tell me what to do.

[/quote']

Survive as long as possible. Use cunning and fear to your advantage. Run like a hare if you startle them and lose them in the forest.

Good for you. My post was not directed at you' date=' as I said in caps.

[/quote']

And mine was not directed at you as well. Just saying people need to get with the program. :D

We are on the same page good sir. More tea?

yea, pretty abysmal game play not harder or challenging. The best way to describe is just frustrating. I just do not know why in the world you would want to start off with no weapon in this game AND heartbeat oh well hopefully this is fix. Until then I guess I will have to wait..again.

* [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you

are you kidding me? they are running like Usain Volt does. You CANT run away if you are on foot so.... how you want we hide from they?

Okay, one example would be crouch-running a couple of times around a building, directly next to the wall. At some point, you will break the line of sight because of inferior pathfinding, and then, you need to stfu, go prone and get out of there. Unfortunately, you will have no way of telling when the zombie de-aggros exactly, so you're gonna have to feel your way towards it.

* [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you

are you kidding me? they are running like Usain Volt does. You CANT run away if you are on foot so.... how you want we hide from they?

I have managed to loose a couple zombies chasing me, took awhile of running around in circles around buildings and fences but it worked.

why dont you spawn with ANY weapons anymore? now we have no chance of surviving if you get killed and have to respawn.

why dont you spawn with ANY weapons anymore? now we have no chance of surviving if you get killed and have to respawn.

Find a barn. A wild weapon appears!

Come on dude, you've played this for some time, right?

I just joined the server and spawned in grass field I dont know where I am and there are many corpses and before that I was in city' date='what the hell? Is that bug? Help me please,tell me what to do.

[/quote']

This is stupid what kind of sorcery teleported me from city into grass field Deathmatch? what the hell and u just tell me to survive,nice I need to survive against bug.

[/quote']

This is stupid what kind of sorcery teleported me from city into grass field Deathmatch? what the hell and u just tell me to survive,nice I need to survive against bug.

It's an alpha of a mod stuff like this is going to happen and you're going to deal with it. Remember once you spawn you're already dead. :)

Okay, first little problems i spotted

A. changing from suits gives full ammo mag ( i had 4 rounds left in winchester, changed suit had 15 again )

B.Seems zombies don't follow players very well inside buildings once they leave the building

Found a house packed with zombies guess someone pissed them off and run out of the building. but instead of pursue him thought the door they follow persons general direction so they keep walking into the wall

( which i found very temping, a perfect place 2 trow my m67 grenade. so i did ^^ )

C. before you are even fully ingame the food/drink meter starts blinking and lowers your blood level, before i was actually ingame my blood level was lowered by 600 from starvation.

Since my blood level wasn't very high anyway i passed out almost straight away. luckily i had a bloodbag and food and drink so i could stabilize myself in the short moment i was back from unconsciousness

[/quote']

If you're in the wildness without terrain or the infamous debug forest, then respawn. If you're just in the woods instead of a city, in the normal game.... Then. my advice stands.

[/quote']

If you're in the wildness without terrain or the infamous debug forest, then respawn. If you're just in the woods instead of a city, in the normal game.... Then. my advice stands.

Some people just don't like to read do they. Ask the question that's been asked and answered a hundred times before them. lol

I´ve now died 4 times today, if we don´t count fifth time which I continued game from yesterday, where I was making progress and feeling good untill I stumbled upon deer stand which gives you endless horde of zombies.

each time I crawled and crawled and sneaked and sneaked. I went to few villages, found nothing, then I get agroed by sudden zombie that appears behind the corner, out of freaking nowhere, I didn´t hear it, I didn´t see it when I tried to make plan how to get there and didnt that one make whole village run after me.

each time I tried to run forest and lose them, but b*es just love me too much.

I really don´t see the joy in this. I don´t see how someone can enjoy this or defend these updates. I really f*ng don´t. Person who likes this sounds like some sort of Masochist to me.

Now before you start to tell me how this is alpha/beta whatever, yeah, I know that, but b*ch please, yesterday I at least had chances to survive for one hour, yesterday it made sense.

I know that it had issues before, and I know this is still being developed, but I sure hope this is not the way it goes or this will end up just another dead game mod.

and oh god are there plenty of those out there.

Besides, I live at scandinavia. Here I have right to raise my voice, even if it might annoy you.

awesome, thanks to Rocket & the entire team!

Tents pitching is just as impossible as it was before. And the inventory bugs are still so fu.cking awesome. I'm gonna die with 5 tents lol. I wanted to get the cooked meats out of my bags to eath them, BAM they all disappeared I'm in the middle of the forest with no food and low blood and 5 unpitchable tents.

I´ve now died 4 times today' date=' if we don´t count fifth time which I continued game from yesterday, where I was making progress and feeling good untill I stumbled upon deer stand which gives you endless horde of zombies.

each time I crawled and crawled and sneaked and sneaked. I went to few villages, found nothing, then I get agroed by sudden zombie that appears behind the corner, out of freaking nowhere, I didn´t hear it, I didn´t see it when I tried to make plan how to get there and didnt that one make whole village run after me.

I really don´t see the joy in this. I don´t see how someone can enjoy this or defend these updates. I really f*ng don´t. Person who likes this sounds like some sort of Masochist to me.

Now before you start to tell me how this is alpha/beta whatever, yeah, I know that, but b*ch please, yesterday I at least had chances to survive for one hour, yesterday it made sense.

I know that it had issues before, and I know this is still being developed, but I sure hope this is not the way it goes or this will end up just another dead game mod.

Besides, I live at scandinavia. Here I have right to raise my voice, even if it might annoy you.

[/quote']

I totally agree with you. But unfortunately I think until there is a new engine this game is reaching its half life pretty quickly. And with this update I think it really picked up the pace for reaching its half life. I just have a feeling that most like I do really dont think the game is great but are hoping like Iam that Rocket gets a full contract to make this a stand alone so he can really work on this mod that has a very big potential.

Have to give Eza right...i also find that the game has lost a lot of appeal for me now...spawning with a flashlight...wow great! I understand the principle behind it, but it is after all a game. New players will play a couple of minutes, die a couple of times and that's that, no more DayZ for them. Been playing the mod for at least 6 weeks now and i think that this update i has gone in the wrong direction regarding the initial loadout. The zombie difficulty is ok, but spawning with just a flashlight and a couple of goodies is too hardcore and kills the enjoyment imo.

I´ve now died 4 times today' date=' if we don´t count fifth time which I continued game from yesterday, where I was making progress and feeling good untill I stumbled upon deer stand which gives you endless horde of zombies.

[/quote']

I totally agree with you. But unfortunately I think until there is a new engine this game is reaching its half life pretty quickly. And with this update I think it really picked up the pace for reaching its half life. I just have a feeling that most like I do really dont think the game is great but are hoping like Iam that Rocket gets a full contract to make this a stand alone so he can really work on this mod that has a very big potential.

I guess even in Scandanavia, some people don't get it.

Look, I wasn't trying to silence you. Very dramatic. I was pointing out that this is a game in alpha cycle. Both of you act like its the end of the world. Har har see what I did there?

Though I'm usually more trollish (mostly for our outspoken Scandanavian friends!), my point was to be patient.

I'm sure that rocket and the others appreciate the feedback, but essentially complaining that you only got to play for two days is not beneficial. Make your points rationally and if you really cannot play. Then wait for the next set of changes.

It's development. Get used to it. This is not a complete game, or anywhere close.

This mod is about dropping preconceived notions. These people will laugh at you for expecting game balancing' date=' but yeah... Once people are 'on top,' so to speak, they cling to their gear like a WoW fanatic in top level PvP shit.

You know, people have been saying, 'It's alpha' for so long, but I don't think people really HEAR WHAT THAT MEANS.

If you dislike something in the new patch, dispassionately explain, so that rocket can have some fucking feedback.

Don't editorialize. Nobody wants to hear your editorializing that people will leave the game... You know, if someone leaves at this point? GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE. The game is in development. In my opinion, it would be better off CLOSED with about 150-200 people who understand what it is, not a bunch of people who want a free AAA release title and act like it at every goddamned turn.

You WILL DIE. You WILL RESTART with nothing. I love my bits of stuff, too. I do. But these days, when I die, I realize one of several things:

1. I died legitimately. I fucked up. I deserve to die.

2. Another player got the drop on me. Very similar to #1.

3. I died from a bug. Has it been explicated in the forums? Then I move on.

4. I died from a change in a new patch. Has it been explicated? Then I move on.

Otherwise, make sure the feedback is constructive, not repetitive and have a good time.

What's so fucking difficult? This is not a released, major studio game. the feedback needed is what seems to be working and not working, not your assessment of the future business model, or your ignorant foggy headed number crunching about how many players will leave.

/rant

[/quote']

That Sir is the best post in this thread. People need to read it again and again and again.

It's development. Get used to it. This is not a complete game, or anywhere close.

Yea, its pretty comfortable to excuse complete programming inability with some "ITS ALPHA BITCH". I mean, he tried to fix crashed heli's loot a few times in a row, then its starting working without any fixes and now its fucked again. Looks like someone just copy-pastes some code without understanding anything of it.

It's development. Get used to it. This is not a complete game' date=' or anywhere close.[/quote']

Yea, its pretty comfortable to excuse complete programming inability with some "ITS ALPHA BITCH". I mean, he tried to fix crashed heli's loot a few times in a row, then its starting working without any fixes and now its fucked again. Looks like someone just copy-pastes some code without understanding anything of it.

So go play a game you respect more. Many of us are perfectly happy with the experience. If you really believe that there is complete programming inability, we're all better off.

I hear skyrim is working quite well and GW2 is out someday.

Great update. I am relalively new to the mod, and the changes implemented in this update change the game for the better.

The loadout forces you to think about food and water, where as before it was never really an issue. I find it more stressful and more tense in the beginning now.

I played for 1 hour, and now I have double barreled shotgun, some food and water and a 1911, so it's not as hard as some forum users say. Just a bit of a slower pace, which is a good thing.

Adapt to the changes, feel the tension.