rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

DayZ was the best thing to come out in a long time, Everyone was getting into the fun. I was excited to be able to get to be going to play it with my sons ,family members and friends on fathers day, but now we will be looking for a new game to play. I also hear from a lot of my server friends,that they will be turning off their servers until there is a new update out.

DayZ went from the best to the worst game.

I'm sure the amount of people playing it will be dropping drastically over the next week.

This 1.7.1 update wasn't a very good idea to roll out on a weekend.

It's another alpha-build' date=' where rocket is testing how some things work or do not work

[/quote']

How i can test if i cant play versus zombies? They see me everywhere, but i'm w/o handgun.

And latest bug: z-s spawns into warehouse and don't walk

Try hiding from them?

THEY SEE EVERYWHERE! THEY RUN! AND SEE

If you get the message, bad version server rejected connection

In Six Launcher, click the options and tick the beta check box.

Worked for me

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage' date=' painkillers, and a torch.

[/quote']

Best. Change. Ever. Hated it when I runned for hours and hours, collected Stuff, and better Weapons and suddenly got Shot behind from a new spawned player with a Makarov :-/ Sometimes its just luck. But now it's a bit more fair to long-life players. So if you're gonna be shot now, at least you know that the guy also played a bit longer and exerted to find a weapon. Sorry weak English :S But this is really a neat update, also the other changes. Thanks @ The Team for working so hard on the Mod <3

Edit: @ Guys who have problems, maybe that helps http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2085 just ctrl+f and search beta in this guide, it worked for me also I use http://www.richardbenson.co.uk/2012/05/dayz-launcher-and-updater.html#.T9iMWrVFqGV but remember to install the Beta Patch correctly.

What a bunch of whiners. Holy shit. Don't like the changes? Leave. Simple as that. I've been on DayZ for over a month and have been a part of almost all the major changes and ya know what I do? I deal with it. Yes' date=' some of the changes have upped the difficulty, but I fucking love the fact that it's not a walk in the park anymore. For the last 3 weeks or so, it's been entirely too easy, and as a result it became a MP deathmatch. The zombies have become a threat in a major way now, and that is the way it should be. Sorry to burst your bubbles guys. This may not be the game for you.

[/quote']

I'm not one to complain and I really do like 99% of the changes. Even the zombie sight and damage. I really do think the game should be very difficult.

But to play in a game that has no way of dealing damage aside from firearms, and spawning with no weapons, is a bit too much. Although I don't think it should be reverted to the way it was. I'd like to see you start with a Markarov and 1 clip, by that I mean you start with only the gun and the rounds that are in it, no extra.. Then at least you can deal with 1-3 zombies and you won't have to respawn basically every time a zombie spots you.

We also need to think about new players to the game. I just started playing this a few days ago and am relatively familiar with it at this point, so even with no weapon I have some chance. But someone who first started will basically have to do nothing but die for 5-10 hours of gameplay to even get good enough to sneak past EVERY zombie.

Oh and on a side note, it still is a multiplayer deathmatch, the only difference is, the people that were doing most of the killing before have a much larger advantage.

I agree with everything Shnougle has said in this post. I don't mind a hard game, and I like a challenge, but the only thing this update has done is given the "bandits" an even bigger advantage in this 225 km^2 MP deathmatch.

And judging by the fact that I died to more players than zombies tonight after the update, it is still a massive MP deathmatch.

IMO making the zombies more of a challenge is fine, but for me this update i a turnoff, 'cause the only way (i have found) to enter a city is on my belly crawling, and that just takes up too much time, this is still only my opinion. if there were someway to find a mittleground. being able to crouchwalk like 1.7.0 but still need a little more distance, or somthing like that.

we all need to remember this is an alpha, så it will properly change back and forth 10 times, before the game is even a beta :)

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.

Now we are talking about surviving! Great to see it in game, I'm gonna test those changes and share my opinion. At the moment it looks like DayZ is another step good direction.

To all whiners: DayZ is survival game, not FPP/TPP shooter. If you want to shoot some zombies try one of those games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_video_games

IMO making the zombies more of a challenge is fine' date=' but for me this update i a turnoff, 'cause the only way (i have found) to enter a city is on my belly crawling, and that just takes up too much time, this is still only my opinion. if there were someway to find a mittleground. being able to crouchwalk like 1.7.0 but still need a little more distance, or somthing like that.

we all need to remember this is an alpha, så it will properly change back and forth 10 times, before the game is even a beta :)

[/quote']

Grab their attention and break LOS. It's not too hard.

I don't think heartbeats will stop players from murdering one another.

What a bunch of whiners. Holy shit. Don't like the changes? Leave. Simple as that.

Very flawed logic. If nobody would ever complain and simply just leave the game' date=' Rocket would be left wondering why most of his players disappeared.

As in business, a complaining customer is valuable to the company because they'll know where to improve.

[/quote']

Not on the internet. Complainers come in abundance and the claims are very rarely valid. See also: nerfs.

I don't think heartbeats will stop players from murdering one another.

I don't get what you try to say? Ofc it will not stop players from murdering each other, the only think it is, it is a good indicator, if someone is friendly or not.

Am i the only one with around 5 fps? Its totally unplayable and is there anyway i can fix this issue?

You are not the only one' date=' my fps is <10 on 1.7.1 but is fine if I join a 1.7.0 server :( Latest beta patch too..

[/quote']

Same problem here. Some sort of bug on the 1.7.1 server or?

i like the old zombies :(

Problem' date=' as Rocket mentioned, is that the spawner is broken. I experienced the deer stand too. Expected the usual 3, ended up with around 18...

Later I fired a shot in Cherno and ended up disconnecting in a building with what looked like around 30 zombies coming up after me.

[/quote']

Ugh, hope that get fixed soon..

Six Updater could just as well be renamed Sux Updater. I don't like it, it's not very elegantly developed at all, IMHO.

Mostly the clunky GUI is annoying, though. And I can't launch my apps through steam with it, for whatever reason.

Looking forward to trying 1.7.1 later today. :heart:

Sounds great but I have to say cz spawning too often? Haven't found one in weeks

The vast majority of us seem to want this game to be more of a challenge and' date=' on paper, this update is a great step in the right direction.

The zombies in 1.7.0 were one of the few weak point of the game to date - half-blind, low in number, and with odd movement and animations that broke immersion, they were easy to avoid. Making strafing crouch runs and staying just outside their detection radius worked a treat, and crouch walk when close. Too easy. Undoubtedly a huge part of why the game previously could seem more of a PvP FPS game with zombies than proper zombie apocalypse survival with PvP.

However, the new zombie senses go beyond merely adding more difficulty, and instead veer sharply towards leaving a player feeling cheated. And in my opinion, that's one thing a game (and this is a game, like it or not) should never do... few things piss off a player more than the game seeming to screwing them over beyond their control.

The zombies in 1.7.1 aggro with a ridiculous sensitivity at times. A couple of examples, I was crouch walking inside a building, on the second floor, yet somehow that was enough to send two inside and up after me. Another time, a zombie sensed me through a hill/mound, despite me completely out of its line of sight. And this despite me playing more cautiously/stealthily that before, due to knowing the intended changes.

I'm sure I could adapt, but the point remains the same - these zombies seem to have senses far beyond what reasonable. Yes, they're more challenging, but not in a good way. They're challenging because they can spot you through walls and terrain, and you have practically no way of getting half-way close to them, of being sneaky, stealthy, unless you give them the widest berth.

If this could be adjusted again, fuck, tonight's update is amazing. No starting weapon, water or food gets a huge thumbs up from me. And I was really excited about more dangerous zombies (they definitely should do more damage, spawn in greater numbers, etc). It's literally just the zombie super senses/sensitivity that can practically cheat a player.

[/quote']

I absolutely agree with most if not all of this.

The CZ is a dramatic bad weapon with noise. If you shot on a mountain in cherno al zombies in cherno runs to you...