---

LHA-2 Saipan

Transmission Intercept 7456KA

Timestamp 2456121.146528

Freq: 121.5 BM VHF Guard, uncoded

Language: English, North American

---

---

I don't know why I'm telling you this. Hell, I don't know if I'm even talking to anyone on this frequency. I don't care, I've gone too long without talking. If you're there, just listen to me. Just listen.

After that dazed morning on the stony shore, I had been making my way north, evading the infected while trying to find food and survival gear. I'd had a close call in a small hamlet, for the life of me I can't recall the name, but I'll never forget the fear I felt as I raced for the barn with the infected hot on my trail. I managed to reach the upper rafters ahead of them. I had found a rifle in the last barn I searched, little did I know it would nearly kill me. The horde climbed up after me, and with every shot I took more spilled into the barn. The shots were drawing them from the hamlet. It was like ringing a dinner bell.

I ran out of bullets long before I ran out of infected to shoot at. It was pure luck that I found that hatchet in the top rafter. That hatchet saved my life. With it I took down the last of the horde as they made their way up the creaking wooden steps. I gave up the empty rifle that night and took a hunting crossbow that hung from a nail in the barn. I would never make that much noise again.

After that I made my way to a pair of homes on a hill. I risked the wrath of more infected to reach the homes' well pump, topped off my canteen and drank my fill. The two houses had little in the way of supplies, so I crawled through some bushes and pushed further uphill.

At its peak was a ruined castle, patrolled by yet more of the infected. A faded sign for the tourists named the place Zub. Night was falling fast, so I snuck my way into the main tower, grabbed a few meager supplies like flares and bandages from the castle keeper's emergency kit, then climbed to the very top. There I went to sleep, shivering in the night air but relatively safe from the howling unfortunates below.

I awoke a few hours later. The night was pitch black, with the stars obscured by clouds. I began to inventory my gear when I started in shock. Another survivor was already on the tower with me, his pistol calmly pointed at my face. My crossbow was in my hands, but I knew I could never aim it faster than his trigger finger could pull. Resigned to my fate, I sat on the ground. His pistol still trained on me, the survivor began talking. We exchanged tense greetings, and then, stupidly, I asked if he wanted to trade, as if he couldn't have just shot me right there and taken my paltry possessions anyway. Surprised, he asked me what I had.

"Flares, bandanges, some painkillers," I replied cautiously. He stood there for a while longer, then darted down the stairs without saying a word. I suppose I was too pathetic to waste a bullet on, but I guess I'll never know. Instead, I would live another day.

After that I made my way west, sticking to unmarked forest trails when I could, jogging across open meadows and pastures when cover grew scarce. I eventually arrived at the outskirts of Zelenogorsk, exhausted from my trek. My guts were cramped with hunger. I sipped from my canteen and cautiously surveyed the town from a treeline. The place was lousy with the infected. Approaching the town undetected would be no mean feat.

I made my way to a low stone wall in the middle of the field. From there I spied a small supermarket. Urged on by my hunger, I scuttled forward until I could hear their hoarse breaths and guttural moans. I then threw myself down in the weeds and crawled, praying they would overlook me. I had to snake my way past them to the front doors of the market. It probably took only minutes, but it felt like an enternity.

Somewhat pointlessly, I closed the doors behind me. Their glass was all smashed out. Inside, I found my salvation in a can of sardines. They say hunger makes the best spice, and it must be true for I have never eaten anything the way I ate those stinking fish.

The sharp edge of my hunger had dulled, so I searched the store. I skipped the bare shelves and rummaged through the trash and debris on the floor. I found more canned foods and sodas, a military surplus backpack, but the real prize was the matches! Such a small thing, yet without it I was worse off than the rudest Cro-Magnon. I also found a revolver and some boxes of ammunition. I took them but kept my crossbow at the ready, still fearful of making loud noises after my brush with death at the barn.

As I made my exit towards the rear, I came upon a pair of binoculars, another great find. Now I could take a good long look at towns without having to get close. My final grab was a package of chemlights and heatpacks. I searched the rest of the town and collected another canteen, but the stress of avoiding the infected and their constant, horrible moans and grunts wore me down, so I exited to the the north.

In the woods I took stock of what I had, and what I lacked. Food and drink would last for a time, and that was a small miracle. I had a reliable weapon in the crossbow, but it was a poor defense against another armed survivor, like the one I met in the castle. For that, I would need the pistol. With the matches, my hatchet, and ample deadwood available I wouldn't have to be cold again. But I lacked a knife. Without it, I couldn't dress game for proper eating. My push into the northern wilderness would fail if I could not survive off the land. I would need to keep searching settlements for a good knife.

I searched a village named Myshkino, to no avail. I risked the infected of Susnovka to find nothing of value. I even searched a great hill topped by an enormous transmitter tower, and found only scrap metal and exotic ammunition for military weapons long since looted. Even in that remote location, infected soldiers and police still patrolled the perimeter in their near-death state as they had in full health. I found an abandoned tent deep in the woods, but it yielded only an empty automatic pistol. Frustrated, I dumped the useless military ammo in the tent, thinking perhaps some other wandering soul could make use of it.

Finally, I searched the town of Pustoshka, and that is where my journey changed forever. I had been conducting another fruitless search for a good knife, and had stupidly lost my last crossbow bolt taking down a dangerously close infected. I then slowly made my way to the town's supermarket with my hatchet in hand, still too fearful to fire the revolver.

There was a horrible cry, and an infected ran past my hidden spot. At first I thought the beast had spotted me, and my hands tensed on the hatchet handle. But instead it rocketed past me towards the market, making its horrible alarm cry as it went. I risked a hunched run to get a view of the market, and I saw movement from behind the shelves. Whoever it was disappeared into the backroom, pursued by the infected.

Then the shooting started.

The shots rang out loud and clear in the small town. I pressed myself against the wall of the house across from the market, hoping that the rapidly gatering infected would ignore me. After a few moments of frozen panic, I risked a look. The infected had moved off the market, there was no sign of them. I darted from the house to the market and scurried inside. There was no one in the front. I raised my hatchet and entered the back storeroom. It too was empty, some of its delivery doors open to the outside. I closed them and retreated back to the shelves.

Then more shots rang out, now coming from the direction of the central church. I crouched behind the counter, terrified. In my fear, I made a choice. I slung my hatchet to my pack, and drew my pistol. In the close quarters of the market, I could have held off any stray infected with my hatchet alone. But a well supplied survivor was firing madly in this town, and I did not want to face him looking like Paul Bunyan.

Whoever was firing outside seemed to have a bottomless supply of ammunition, and the willingness to use it. I prayed that they would just leave, just hole up in some building and hide, just do anything but come back to this market. Please God, I prayed, let them not come through these smashed out doors.

Nobody listened. A lone survivor sprinted down the street, turned the corner, and flung open the doors. As if in a dream, I raised my revolver, lined up my sights, and squeezed the trigger once.

I still don't know if that first shot missed him or only wounded him, but he immediately fired back with his own pistol. Panicking now, I emptied the revolver in his general direction, not even sure of my aim. It clicked on empty chambers and he dashed behind some shelves. I fumbled with the speedloader as his shots punched through the counter. I emptied the revolver again towards him, not even pretending to aim. He dashed from the shelves to a corner past the counter. I managed to load and fire one last salvo.

I waited with my pistol pointed at that corner for what felt like an eternity. I eventually noticed the sticky wetness in my side. I was wounded and slowly bleeding to death. A moaning outside signaled the infected were coming to the door. I had to choose, and I chose to lower my gun. I tore open an emergency dressing and staunched the flow of blood. The infected were now through the door. I unslung my hatchet and backed away. The infected were now at the counter, madly lunging at me across the barrier. They hit me with astonishing force once, twice, three times. I sunk my hatchet into their forheads, their chests, I cut meat and split bones. Finally my vision cleared, my breathing slowed. The infected lay around me on the floor. There was no sign of the survivor.

I slung the hatchet and raised the revolver again, and slowly made my way around the corner. There he lay, whether dead or unconscious from his wounds I never found out. Hunched over this man, my mind was already in a new panic. What if more infected came? Never mind the infected, what if this man had friends? What if they were charging to his rescue right now? I got up to leave.

And then I saw it. A hunting knife, sheathed in a toolbelt around the dead man's waist. The sight of it broke through my panic, so I grabbed the knife, then frantically rummaged through his pack for good measure and took some canned food and a small tool set. Then I ran out of the supermarket, dashed over fences, and made my way out of the town and into the field. I didn't feel safe until I was under the trees, deep in the forest.

I'm alone in this forest now, with time to think on what I did. I murdered a man, someone who was fighting for his life, someone who had survived this cursed virus just like me. I murdered him out of fear and cowardice and raw animal instinct. I was no better than the feral creatures that hunted me.

I don't know if anyone can hear this, I don't know if there's any world out there left to hear. But I'll transmit it anyway, because I've long since given up on the idea of rescue, and I don't care if the batteries on this radio run down. My message is simple:

Conserve your strength. Conserve your supplies. Stay away from the infected.

Stay away from me.

---

---

Transmission Ends

---

---

• Like 3

After 5 minutes of wonder around a forest, a saw another player in the distance, as i didn't have a weapon i decided that i had nother to loose by wondering over to him, after chasing him for around 500m, he stops beside another player with a sniper who turns round and shoots me in the gut.

Bad times, but fortunatly i don't die and inform them that i have absolutly nothing worth stealing. The one who shoots me wonders over and heals my wounds, shoutout to Warren and Krogen.

TL;DR: Epic survival in the best game ever made, I learn how my morals hold up in a survival situation, zombie lemmings, we become crazed hermits and get a taste for BBQ goat.

Loved this story, read the whole thing, especially liked the not-so-last stand at the Zeleno supermarket and the barbeque. Thanks for including the geography, it's more fun to read Day Z stories when you can follow along on the map.

LOST, aka The Time We Got Stranded on Skalisty Island

Haha, absolutely brilliant story! :)

Haha, absolutely brilliant story! :)

Thanks! It was one of the most interesting experiences so far for me. :)

Not so much a story of survival as much as it is terrible luck but anyway.

Started my day out with an AKM and some other stuff, previously looted the Balota Airstrip after spawning in at Kamenka, made my way into Cherno from the apartments to check the military tents and grab supplies then dart to the supermarket.

After a previous bit of luck on another spawn finding an ALICE in the apartments and to lose the zombies i had following me i entered one apartment to take down the zombies, going in the door i come under fire so i dart in and climb to the roof straight away, waiting for a few minutes i climb down and notice the offender hiding in the corner of the hospital prone, dispatched him form the balcony with a few AKM rounds. Going down to loot to find a crossbow and some other things.

After finishing my Cherno route without another incident i headed up to Starry and got lost due to the lack of a compass and map, ended up at the NW Airfield by accident with just an AKM and one clip, a spare AKM in my bag for a friend next time we played. I figure out i'm on the far west side of the strip, looting the buildings for nothing of value, i swing around the tree line to cross over to the barracks and hangars, when lo and behold i find a crashed helicopter.

Coming out with a shiny FN FAL, M107 with a fair bit of ammo and other goodies, i depart for the supermarket in Vybor not wanting to go into the airfield to find food, after looting the supermarket finding all the tools i need aside a compass and getting medical supplies, food and an extra water canteen, i head for a treeline and end the day.

Through a Murder, Cherno run, A Crashed Heli and Vybor's supermarket and three story plus the two buildings i went through to get the the supermarket, i did not find a single sidearm, not one makarov or anything, counting my blessings, but still a very unlucky day.

Spawned in and saw another player moving towards a small coastal village. From their movement and how they were crawling down the middle of the street I assumed they were a noobie. I ran up behind him and thought about looting his bag. I guess this has been fixed so assholes like me wont steal noobie bandages. That's a good thing.

I guess he was in first person view as they didn't react to my presence at all. I drew the attention of the zombie he was trying to avoid and instantly realized he was not equipped skill wise to handle the zombie. I drew it away and tried to kite the rest of the town away from the new player so he could loot. Once I lost the small horde I found an axe. With axe in hand I proceeded to look for the noobie. I spotted him a little north of the village and thought I'd lend a hand. When he saw me again he stopped dead in his tracks. I tried direct com to tell them I'll help them loot but for some reason they didn't trust me. I guess the way I wouldn't stand still and the size of my hatchet scared them away.

He then ran into a house and shut the door. A few other zombies came running in so I dispatched them with the axe. I walked up to door and swung my hatchet and immediately saw a blood splat. I opened the door and this guy is just standing there behind it! I felt bad but didn't have any bandages as I used my only one after luring the zombies away. I told them I'd go find a bandage but by the time I got back he had died. I looted his bag and tried to bury the body.

If you were that guy, I swear I was not trying to kill you with that swing. It just felt appropriate to hit that door for some reason.

I imagine an axe wielding madman running around in circles while killing all the zombies may be a bit intimidating to a new player. From now on I will always try to lend a hand to new players. I'll give them axes and bandages and anything semi-safe and run off. I'll do my best to show them the ropes and teach them how to lose zombies by weaving through trees and shrubbery before I run off into the wild. What would I have to lose? A few minutes in loading time?

Had a bit of a funny, short moment in Elektro today (Anybody noticed all my stories seem to be in Elektro...)

I was looting the house across the street from the Elektro market today, and as I'm getting ready to leave, I see a guy sprint past the doorway with a pursuing zombie. I prepare my weapon (Lee Enfield. Didn't really want it, but seeing as how the Double Barrel shotgun is just as loud, I'd rather have a weapon with more ammo), and run upstairs. Looking through the window, I see the survivor in the market holding a revolver. I think about taking the shot, but don't because I am afraid the bullet will A) Attract every zombie from there to Cherno and B) Won't go through the glass (I've tried to shoot a zombie through the window before with no luck. Bulletproof maket glass?).

So I simply sat there, watching, as I see this poor guy having to run in circles from the zeds, he must've been out of ammo and couldn't find any there (I coulda sworn I saw a revolver in the store when I was there ten minutes earlier though...). At one point he ran out back and then through the front again to escape the zombies. Pretty much the entire time he was in there I had my sights trained on his head. Eventually he ran off and I didn't see him afterwards, and I don't believe he ever saw me in that building.

"Ever get the feeling you're being watched?"

This is why I love DayZ

Today me and two others, grouped up went on the US PA1 and headed towards Berezino, and nearby in the woods, we found this UAZ, which we offcourse stole it.

Quickly we went all over the map, only finding Enfields and a load of ammo, after refueling the gas hungry UAZ a few times, we finally got the bright idea of driving right through Elektro, using the road.

we entered, and I thought I heard a few shots, but got reasured by the group that telling me that they didnt´t hear us. when we came to our first turn in Elektro, I, the driver, sadly almost took a wrong turn, and lost all the speed of the car.

2 seconds went by, and someone opens fire, I more or less panic, drive STRAIGHT north, having no clue where I´m going (By this time, everyone is screaming loudly on TS, reporting in enemy positions etc.) about 20 seconds later, we fly by the power station offroad at about 75mph, when we suddently hear the shot, and the freaking tire gets shots in. half a second later we get shot at from like 3 new directions, we ditch the car, and hit the ground, throw out smoke and start shooting back at shit.

we do a status, and one guy didn´t make it out the car alive, so theres only two of us left, on an open field, against an enemy on high ground. suffice to say it didn´t end well.

that situation made my adrenaline pump, and it seems the only game that can give that to me is DayZ.

LA FAIL

Oh man i know its not my diary but i want to share MY fail to everybody.

so if you want reed it :D

Beginging of the day:

Today was a beautiful day in Chernarus i was on my way with my AS50 to Zelenogosrk.

So i decided to look around if some one will come and loot the market. I dont shoot a lot with AS50 i got only 20 bullests so i want to practice first on some noobs. ^^

And then i saw 2 survivors crouching on the field to the market.

I decided to shoot ... i miss all my first 5 bullets and saw how this survivors disconected -.- ...

they i moved to est and i found a heli crash near Pulkovo i loot some shit and go.

After 500m i hear shoots behind me near the crash 2 surviviors not the same guys which disconected.

It was more easy to shoot them now i have some practice whis Zeroing and kill them bouth.

Ok i loot them and Go.

The bloody travel to Stary Sobor:

To the end of the day of my day i want to kill someone in stary sobor

i go again to my spot where i every time snipe from there i see some sniping places i was like 20 min there and it was rainy

afte the rain i say to my self '' ok man you dind't see anybody sniping and no survivors comming and going Time too LOOT. ^^ ''

after that i prone to the next shrub and then someone shoot me XD

he was not far away (i think 5-10 m) he Kill me... with a DMR i gues.

Man i was very sad XD

Revenge:

After that i respawn again whith nothing on the coast and i was on blood rege i want my Gun back and all my stuff.

So i was near Kamenka i travel to nord to the airfield i just want to kill some one on my way.

After Vybor i go to the airfield i was prone because i saw some zombies near firestation and was not happy about it.

Then i saw a ATV hidden in a tree. Lucky mee ? NO! :D

Ok what would a normal person do ''kill the guy which hide the ATV and then drive away'' or ''steal the ATV find the guy who kill me and Rape him to his dead like a motherFker'' xD ?

So i was so smart and do the second one I decidet to steal The ATV.

I go as a driver steal the ATV drive in the forest whis 40 Km and crash in a small tree the tree fall down the ATV stuck and exlode...

i died again xD.

SO People

My KARMA KILL ME TWICE xD

I hate DAYZ and Love it at the same time :D

I was on a fresh spawn that started west of Kamenka. So after picking up some food and water there, I went north to the nearest hunting tower grabbing up an m16 and a couple of clips. Moving east I passed north of komarovo (This was at about 12am server time.) and as I get closer to balota I see that someone has popped a flare directly on the runway side of the control tower. I laid prone in a bush watching 4 survivors running around in the light like chickens with their heads cut off, and at least 10 zombies aggro'd and more on their way from town. As I'm watching the flare suddenly goes out and almost immediately four death messages pop up. I skirted wide north and came in through the broken fence behind the control tower there were still too many zeds around to approach the bodies but I was able to get in and out of the tower and both the hangars with some more soda, a G17 plus ammo and an empty water bottle. Not a great haul, but considerably better than what they got.

Today, I had my first real moment of being a bandit.

Me and 4 other well armed people went into Cherno and had a couple engagements, but always left with more ammo than we came in with. We made our way to Balota where we went to the medical tents. There was a guy there, and we all had weapons trained immediately. We talked among ourselves, and decided we should shoot him, but he was screaming "Friendly! I'm friendly! Please don't shoot! I'm waiting for a friend! Here, come into the tents!". We went into the tents, and he told us that he was waiting for a friend. We played nice for about a minute, and my friend tells me to kill him. I train my MP5A5 on his head and ask him what he was doing around these parts, and why he decided to come here. He had his back to me, and I said "You know we're friendly, right?", then I blasted him with a 5 round burst from my MP5A5.

2 Days ago my 42 day old woman died tragically in a helicopter crash. So i spawn, get my shit together in Cherno and get my needed supplies. Swing by the Balota Airfield and then make my way to the NW airfield, All or nothing. With that being said, i started on a 32 player server, as soon as it started raining it was me and 15 others.

Tonight i decided to goto the Northwest Airfield Alone, and at 1am at night while it was raining(0 Visibility without a torch) I was also coming from the South West with no Compass, just imagine trying to navigate at night without know north or south. Pretty hard, but stupidly fun.

I had myself my ACU Backpack(12 Slots) Remmington 870 + Torch and a M1911. I thought i would hit up Pustoshka and Vybor before heading there to see if i could get an Alice Pack first. Inside Vybor i managed to get myself a Alice pack, but due to problems with the ALpha i lost my ACU pack with 3 cooked meat in it. Ohh well i had 2 meat in my inventory and i didn't plan on killing anything.

I enter into the Airfield from the West in order to hit the first Barracks, whoa boy was i lucky. 2 AKM's and an M16a2 in the one area. Only took the ammo because i wouldn't have been able to see anything otherwise. Now i moved onto the control tower, pulled a shitload of Zombies and ended up taking a beating. Down to 6k Blood, Enter into the control tower and get myself some more AKM mags, and some Pellets. By now i was running low on Ammo too, so i try to get into each of the hangers without having anyone see me. To my amazement more AKM and Stanag rounds. By now it was pitch black i could only see what was going on infront of my torch. In the 3rd hangar i come across something awesome. 24 Slot Coyote Backpack, excellent news. Now i could carry more back with me. Hanger 4, another Coyote Pack. Stupid things cannot be carried elsewhere.

I did however see a Survivor running about with a Chemlight and equipped to the teeth, i assume he thought it was safe at night. Tailed him for a short while and stuck 2 870 Slugs into his back, he died and left me a lovely set of STANAG rounds and an M4A1.

After filling my bags and leaving the airfield after hearing quite alot of gunfire i move back into Vybor to see if i can find that illusive Compas i have been after. Alas nothing, so now i need to navigate the wilderness using nothing but a 20% spread torch and black and white landscape.

Long story short...

http://i.imgur.com/4P39M.jpg

It pays to be risky sometimes.

After 2 days my newbie character is already better equipped than my 42 day old vet.

Edited by Aran

Ok, so me and my friend spawned in an alt server yesterday in solnichniy. We ran around looking for the basics to start us off before we could go inland (involved me breaking my legs in a barn and him running to berenzino for some morphine, so after that we were set). We went inland and hit up some deer stands, went to polana and got situated with supplies.

Then today, we got on with another friend who just spawned near cherno, so we decided to head there while our friend started off. And while we went in between polana and staroye what do we find? A heli crash. Let's just say as a person who just started playing 4 days ago I was giggling with excitement. So we walk up to the heli crash and search for anything good. Well what I found tucked under the side was better than good. M107, but with no mags.

So I tuck that into my Alice pack as we continue our way to Cherno. Just as we are approaching the city, the server admin shows up in no other than a helicopter, offering rides to the noobs in cherno. Well our third friend is the "I like killing people" kind of guy, so he decided to shoot these 3 newly spawned as they approached the heli. Unfortunately the server admin mistook that as us trying to shoot down the heli. By this time me and my friend reached cherno and we met up with our third friend. Well the server admin decided to touch down (he also had 2 friends with him) and snipe me and my first friend (thinking we shot at the heli) with his fancy L85 with the thermal scope.

So as we were running back to our bodies our third friend snuck up on him thinking it was a random sniper and not the admin, and killed him. So he took the L85 and regrouped at the supermarket. We were planning on heading to Balota to hit up the deer stands looking for ammo for my M107, but the server admin proposed to my friend to drive a bus up to berezino to grab supplies with them (as a reward for killing the sniper we didn't know was one of them). So he decided to play along, but he left his L85 with my other friend in case it was a trap. Long story short: it was.

So we knew they were out to get us for that L85, but we headed to the deer stands and checked them with no luck. At that point, the heli started to circle the area looking for us, and we had to go loud for some zombies, so they knew we were there. They began circling the area after 5 or so minutes, when we assumed they would have dropped someone off to get the gun back, and use the heli as survalience. Well due to some miscommunication and my friend not knowing my character name, he killed me. so while I was running back from my new spawn, the ACTUAL threat killed him and took back the L85, and actually touched down about 30 meters away from me looting my dead body (still can't believe they didn't see me).

So I went back into the deer stands, and what do you know? I find 2 10 round M107 mags. So I was loaded up ready for our turn at revenge. After that is a out an hour where we all group up behind the airstrip, and another friend joins the server, and we wait for the heli to return.

Well after a while we try to draw them to us wih someone throwing flares by the hangers, and our new friend asking in global "who threw flares in balota?" well basically that did the trick and within minutes we hear the heli coming over from cherno.

At this point I was stationed at the end of the airstrip and the heli went and hovered over the flares looking and finding no one. At this point I had no shot and had to run to the edge of the airstrip but they were already moving to the deer stands. They had assumed we set up a trap and were in the tents, so they started mowing down anything in there (luckily no one was).

I moved down and had a clear shot at the hovering heli. I zeroed in, took a breath, and took the shot. I hit it on the bulge of the rotor. I shouted in teamspeak "hey I hit it!" and everyone yelled back "SHOOT IT MORE!". So I took two more shots in the body of the heli as it lost altitude, and all 3 passengers (the admin and his two friends) hopped out. And then there was 3 death messages.

And as we all shared our jubilation I received the server message "you have been kicked for the game", and all of my friends did shortly after. We tried to relog but the server was locked and everyone but them kicked out, no doubt so they could retrieve their stuff. But I really don't car about that part, we won, and that's all that matters.

tl;dr Me and my friends had an epic back and forth with the server admins, which resulted in me taking down their heli with an M107 and being kicked from the server. GG.

spawned in elektro, found ax and murdered by AK. Spawned in elektro again, got my ax went for his ass. Server desyncs when I run for him and I dont realize it. Server resyncs and I die 3 seconds later as now he is waiting on a hill. Fuck this game sometimes.

The five of us are relatively new to the game and we just managed to reach the Northwest Airfield and after alot of wasted ammo and bandages we headed south directly from there and then we encountered a speaking rock! At first we were terrified and we all proned to see what was going on. So one of our mates approached the rock and the rock said: "Hey you!" "I see four of you!" And I hid behind a random tree so he might not have seen me but a few seconds later my friend approaches the rock and he dies without any gunfire sounds. Then we heard the following line being spoken through direct voice. "Yeah don't touch my rock you die." And then we felt the fear rise to our heads and we all alt+f4'd in panic. Because we knew we were no match for the player who wears a giant rock suit.

TL;DR version:

A hacker placed himself inside of a rock somewhere south from the NW Airfield and slayed one in our squad. GG.

This was one of my first spawns and my first bandit encounter. Before this I never knew why everyone hated bandits so much. I was walking along the hillside carrying some loot which i received from a nearby town. Because I was new I didn't know how to lose zombies and had about 10 chasing me. As I was running I heard a gunshot and was suddenly on the floor. A sniper had taken my legs out and now I was zombie food. I couldn't stop laughing. My next bandit encounter was when I found an M16A4 and was so happy with my rifle I ran into electro *Facepalm*. I started shooting at everything that moved. Before I know it, shotgunned in the back and killed. I still wonder why whenever I get a semi-good weapon a bandit kills me. I stole someones AKM out of their tent and ran down to the firestation and got a mag for it. Soon as I log in I'm killed instantly. I was like "WTF!!!???". I'm still like that to this very day. I got killed in the middle of a plain with nothing there by a person named Visa. I curse your name, Visa you stupid Bandit.

This was one of my first spawns and my first bandit encounter. Before this I never knew why everyone hated bandits so much. I was walking along the hillside carrying some loot which i received from a nearby town. Because I was new I didn't know how to lose zombies and had about 10 chasing me. As I was running I heard a gunshot and was suddenly on the floor. A sniper had taken my legs out and now I was zombie food. I couldn't stop laughing. My next bandit encounter was when I found an M16A4 and was so happy with my rifle I ran into electro *Facepalm*. I started shooting at everything that moved. Before I know it, shotgunned in the back and killed. I still wonder why whenever I get a semi-good weapon a bandit kills me. I stole someones AKM out of their tent and ran down to the firestation and got a mag for it. Soon as I log in I'm killed instantly. I was like "WTF!!!???". I'm still like that to this very day. I got killed in the middle of a plain with nothing there by a person named Visa. I curse your name, Visa you stupid Bandit.

These are not bandits. These are highly geared players killing new players on the coats, just because they can. Yeah, real badasses, eh ?

Occasionaly you will meet a real bandit, not disconnecting when taking shots and actually interested in looting your body. But gosh, that's rare.

So I started off from Three Valleys last evening, I ran around there and found a lee enfield. Then, I kept going forward and I found a CZ550 in a barn and ALICE pack outside, but no food and I'm nearly starving.

Then I go in a killing massacre and finally find one can of food from a zombie.

After a while (today) I notice that my hunger is slightly down, I run into a big barn and search 3 small buildings, but no food. Then I do this again, I run in a small barn nearby, kill a dozen of zombies and none of them had any food. One warped (or spawned) right behind my back and knocked me out (I managed to hit it before though)

After this was over, I had only 4800 blood and I was nearly starving. So I started sprinting and looked for another village. Then I knew it was hopeless, I started a chaos there, first I shot last bullets of my lee enfield and started a massacre with a hatchet, I killed at least 30 zombies before I lost all my blood. I found one can of food, but I had below 3000 blood, which wasn't nice.

With a well hidden tent in the Northern edge of the map, I decided to hit the North East airfield on my way to the North West. Things got ugly fast, as I was swarmed by zombies just outside the traffic control tower. I made a poor tactical decision and decided to go up the ladder to, hopefully, deaggro the zombies. Unfortunately, the delay between shouldering my weapon and getting on the ladder meant I took a few swipes from a zombie and wound up bleeding. I ran inside the main room of the tower and bandaged up, then examined the loot. Just an assault pack and some ammo on all three floors. Time to hit the hangars.

As I'm about to enter the first hangar, I hear the sound of a bullet hitting the ground near me, followed by a loud gunshot. I will admit, I don't know the sound of each gun well enough to say what it was, but I ran inside the hangar and my attacker unleashed between three and six more shots at the wall I was taking cover behind. I waited, attempted to peek out the side of the hangar, but to no avail. My heart was pounding, and I knew I could easily log out and log in to a night server and escape with my NVGs. But that would cheapen the experience, so I sprinted at max speed between the two hangars and into an industrial building (where I found a toolbox which had been eluding me this whole life!)

Safe, for the time being, I logged out inside the building and waited for night to fall.

One thing I wonder, why wasn't I shot at while on the ladder, or in the tower, where I was a much easier (and stationary) target? The world may never know....

Edited by Icus

I have a survival story to tell. My friend and I both spawned on a new server, probably private because we had to make new characters. But we spawned in the middle of the ocean...

I was a bit mad, but we swam up to shore. Our tempatures went down to about 21-23 and it was raining. Someohw some zeds saw us and started chasing us into Cherno. At at tempature of 24 C my friend and I ran through Cherno in the rain being chased my zeds and being shot at by snipers. Eventually we lost the zeds and went from building to building and then to the store and fire house. After we got out of Cherno, my friend had an ALICE bag, an AKM full of ammo, matches a compass, a 1911 and a canteen. I had an ALICE bag too, an M4A1 full of ammo, Revolver, canteen, matches, a hunting knife, and 4 blood packs & morphine. Soon after we were shot in Elektro and lost everything. Though I guess that serves us right for cheating death.

Amazing stories guys! DayZ never seemed like it would have too many stories.

I found an ATV northwest from the airfield. It had only two wheels and less than a block of fuel. I took the tent from the ATV's gear and pitched it nearby to save my gear somewhere while I go find parts for the ATV (was pretty low on inventory space so had to put the gear in the tent, namseyn). So, I run to the airfield, loot the northern industrial buildings and find one wheel and one jerry can. I head back to my tent, place the wheel and the jerry can inside and when I'm about to go back to find another wheel and fuel, the server crashes or something, so I log out. After few hours, I come back. I take a look in my tent. Okay, the wheel and the jerry can are still there, but I also notice that I have one of each in my inventory too. So, now I had two wheels and two jerry cans, enough to fix and refuel the ATV. I do that and hop on. Small fence flips the ATV. Ah damn it, aint going nowhere with that... So, I log out again to see if it goes back on it's wheel after some time. So, I log in again after some time and notice that I need food, so I head back to my tent to get some. I didnt check the ATV, so I dont know if it had flipped back onto it's wheels. In less than minute after logging in, I see someone running straight past me. I thought he saw me but he didnt. My hands were literally shaking lol. I start following him. I follow him for 100 meters or so, when he runs behind a tree and as soon as I see him again, he's looking at me. I open fire and most likely I didnt even hit him. He hits me though, I start bleeding and fall dead. Okay, that's it. Lost the M14 (which I had stolen from someone's tent) and M1014, both with plenty of ammo. Dont know if he found my tent, which was nearby, or the ATV, which was also less than 1km from that place. I log out to another server and spawn somewhere near Elektro and run in with nothing-to-lose attitude. I loot it, get some gear and find two guys in the supermarket, both standing still. I shoot them both in the head with the Lee-Enfield, but they had lagged or something as they didnt move or die. I ignore them and continue and that's pretty much it.

Edited by Qwartus

the only winning move is not to play

Day Z is another form of mutually assured destruction. But with zombies.