If anyone was on US125 (pretty sure it was) that keeps an eye on the "Zombies alive/total" counter....it was dropping because of us. :P

Got a friend to try the game so we started out like normal, he spawned near Cherno and I was in Elektro with some gear. I headed his way, we met up and looted Cherno best we could with no issues. Well, we had to kill someone in self defense, idiot tried firing at us (top floor of the Fire House) from the middle of the street with an M1911, ~110m shot. Landed damn close, but alas our Enfield won the day. To think he coulda lived if he had just not shot, I only shoot those who shoot me.

After looting town and heading out we got to a small town just north of Cherno and got in a bit of a bad spot. I had no crossbow bolts and we had to kill 1, but shooting would alert a horde....we shot it. That alerted about 15 of em and I only had 17 shots (G17) and he had plenty of M19 ammo. After standing in the middle of the road fighting it our for about 3 mins we headed north some more and got to a stable. He says "I saw a door around this way" while I headed to a door around the other way, that I knew was clear....he shoulda listened. He had to kill a zombie he agro'd right as he turned the corner to his door....and all hell broke loose. That shot alerted 35+ zombies to come charging over a hill at us movie-stampede style. I was already in the barn kinda waiting for him when I heard "OH GOD, I'm dragging some in!" ....1 zombie appears....2...3....10...15...20...25.... He didn't want to waste AK ammo and I had no pistol ammo so we had to fight off an entire horde coming through 2 doors with 1x Enfield and 1x M1911. We started the fight with 30 Rifle shots and ~80 M19 shots....ended with 0 Enfield and ~19 M19 shots. We decided to cut our loss there and head out the back and leave well enough alone. When we looped back around there were still loads of them pouring into the stable from who-only-knows-where. We got to a safe house and sat for a min...and he did it again.... His game glitched/minimized and it caused him to fire a shot in the middle of town. We called it quits as we saw another horde rushing us.

So to anyone who saw the counter going down rapidly last-night on US125....yea....it was "fun". :D

This little diddy I like to call "The Night Raid."

My friends Tpyo, Stephen, Kyle(KDawg), Caze and I have been playing together somewhat regularly. Over a one week period or so we found a car, truck, tractor and a bus that we had hidden in the woods and were using as storage for rare loot. Caze found a night vision+thermal scoped assault rifle (L86) at a chopper crash, I found a CZ550, and Tpyo found an even better sniper rifle (DMR). We stored the guns when we make solo supply runs, since death is pretty much guaranteed when venturing into high-traffic towns.

A few nights back, we decided to put our best guns to use. We had been avoiding playing at night, since it's pitch black (and day-night is in real time, based on the server's location). But with Caze's rifle providing overwatch, we felt somewhat safe hitting up high-value loot spawns and grabbing as many good guns and ammo as we could get our hands on. The five of us hopped in the truck, equipped weapons with flashlights, stocked up on flares, some token med supplies, and rolled out.

We headed North and hit Solnichny, a town with two stores and a hospital, to get some basic re-stock on our medical supplies. This went without incident, and we lit our way with flares, casting the town in an eerie red hue. Next we drove north, to the town's barracks where we found guns of moderate quality. We had to kill a few zombies, but otherwise we weren't too concerned. Caze had us well guarded through his thermal scope, and a few cracks from his rifle and confirmation of zombie kills over vent kept our minds at ease.

We rode onward, stopping at a gas station to refuel our truck. We made a few other uneventful pitstops, then headed toward Stary Stobor, probably the 2nd most desirable loot spawn location in the game (after the Northwest Airfield). If any of the 7 others on the server were here camping for other players (no doubt wearing night vision goggles), that was where they would be. So, we played it safe. We hid the truck off the road and obscured by buildings and trees, and we hoofed the rest on foot. Caze deviated so as to get in a good position where he could scan the horizon for enemies, while Tpyo, Kdawg and I lit the area with flares and started looting military tents.

It was a loot pinata. AKS-74U's with sights, a DMR sniper rifle, MP5, a few glocks, and more than enough ammo for them all. We looted what we could, then got out of there.

Or, we tried. An errant shot from a gun sent a horde of zombies crashing down on us as we scouted out a vehicle spawn. Tpyo and I shot dozens of zombies while Kdawg cut them down with an axe. We took cover in a small shed--Tpyo and I shot out of the door ways. We lit the area with flares, but it just alerted more zombies. Kdawg got knocked out, he was bleeding, broken bone, and the zombies were still coming. Zombies sprinted at us and fell to the loud cracks of AKM and M19 shots--like something out of Black Hawk Down. I bandaged Kdawg, gave him morphine, but we had to wait for him to regain consciousness because I couldn't carry him out of the building and all our Epi-Pens were on the truck.

Gunshots filled the black night's air, until the last zombie fell and our magazines were near spent. Kdawg finally awoke and we ran to the truck, laughing and glad the ordeal, the chaos, was over. We were happy, and perhaps high on the success of our adventure and our awesome new loot, chose to drive on and check for more vehicle spawns.

At our next stop, Stephen had logged for the night. I chose to stay at the truck while the other three scouted ahead. I had my new rifle, the DMR to sort, putting my other bounties back on the truck: I exchanged my Glock with a flashlight on it for a Colt .45, placed my M4 with flashlight on the truck as well, and used my new DMR as a primary weapon. I sorted weapons, and ammo, on the truck and awaited everyone's return. Flares glowing in the distance broadcast their path back, and I threw a few flares at the truck so they could see it.

We began to clamor on the truck when the sound of bullets hitting metal startled us all.

"Who's shooting?" no answer, more gunfire--but it sounded muffled.

"Who's shooting?" no answer, still, then my screen flashed red. My character fell from the truck. Everything went black.

The following events are based on my own mental reconstruction from Caze and Tpyo's accounts. Tpyo hopped out of the truck, ready to fire at our assailants, but Caze, previously afk returned and, in a panic, switched to the driver's seat and drove forward, not realizing Tpyo had stepped in front of the truck. Tpyo was run over, Kdawg got shot, and Caze drove the vehicle ahead a bit until getting out of the vehicle and taking cover. We learned later our opponents had night vision goggles and could see us, plain as day, while we fumbled about limited to sight provided by flares. They didn't count on Caze's incredibly rare L86 with a Night Vision and Thermal Scope. With thermal vision, he could see our assailants clearer than day.

He waited for them to approach the truck. When the first was within kill range, he opened fire and lit him up. shaneWALKINGDEAD has died was broadcast to the entire server.

A less experienced combatant might have ran over and looted immediately. But Caze was patient. He waited. Another bandit appeared, attempting to loot his friend's body of his high value items before they were lost. Caze unleashed a torrent of bullets and while each hit their mark, our quarry escaped thanks to the cowardly tactic of ALT+F4ing to prevent death, though he probably relogged and died almost immediately based on how many times he was shot.

Caze looted Tpyo and I's bodies, got our guns back then turned his attention to our killer. He had NV goggles and a silenced M4. He grabbed them, threw them on the truck and was off to grab me and Tpyo, who had respawned and made our way back to our staging area.

• Like 1

Short one, I went to the Balota airfield and found an M9 with a few mags. I ran outside and some guy with a fire axe started chasing me around trying to kill me. I shot him a few times and started running back in fear of getting hit with the axe, he was chasing me while gushing blood.

I took quick looks back at him and the guy just kept chasing me while leaking gallons. He eventually died and I helped myself to his beans.

Playing on LU93, I aggroed a zombie on the road to Solinichny today. Having no weapons whatsover, i decided to leg it to the nearest warehouse. By the time I arrived I had about 8 zombies following me. I burst into the warehouse and literally bumped into another survivor wielding an axe. I froze for a moment and realised I was about to have my head split open... but after staring at me for a moment, he instead walked past me and killed every zombie. Having had my longest surviving character PKd earlier today, i was made up to see this. Thank you, whoever you were!

• Like 1

I have a quick one. I was on a roof in Cherno, saw a guy getting eaten by a group of zombies, directed him to me and saved his life, gave him blood, told him I would help him get a weapon, he try'd to kill me with an Axe so I put a bullet in his brain. His name was "Saburo", not even 2 mins later another idiot try's the same thing. He hits me but I get a shot off and kill him, then as I try to bandage I fall of the roof and die.

Lesson learned, don't help anyone.

I have a quick one. I was on a roof in Cherno' date=' saw a guy getting eaten by a group of zombies, directed him to me and saved his life, gave him blood, told him I would help him get a weapon, he try'd to kill me with an Axe so I put a bullet in his brain. His name was "Saburo", not even 2 mins later another idiot try's the same thing. He hits me but I get a shot off and kill him, then as I try to bandage I fall of the roof and die.

Lesson learned, don't help anyone.

[/quote']

please no! don't be turned by noobs! just find a spotter to get your ass covered and recover your gear if you get murdered, or make them put down their axe. i hate soo much those stupid killers! i can afford the camping sniper, since i heve been killed by him during all my gamer's life but the insanity of some of the acts committed in this game still make me very confused: if they shit their pants for a couple of zombies so much to kill everyone, why they kill like an ant possibly the only one who helped them? for the gear? horrible

I was in Stary Sobor and loaded with equipment. I noticed a newly-spawned guy running away from zombies (he had only the things you spawn with and no weapons) so I decided to follow him. Soon after, he noticed me and decided to chase me down with the zombies still following him to try and open my backpack (I know this because he kept pausing whenever he got very close to me; he wasn't just following me for protection!). We ran for about 200 meters and then I turned around and shot and killed the one zombie still following him and the guy...

My friend Dan finds a tractor but it has no petrol. He calls me to bring jerry cans and tells me location. I turn up with pertol and drive the tractor to our camp (on map). At our camp we had 2 tents filled with various goodies. I leave the tractor there and head south to the coast.

Late that day Dan shouts to me "BUS bus, theres a guy filling up a bus" (think it was vybor).. Dan decides to snipe the guy, and then waited 10 minutes to see if any friends turned up. They didn't. Dan happen to have pertol on him and there was pertol tank close to the bus, so he fills up the bus and drives it back to camp. I start to make my way to camp to fix the little damage the bus had.

Once Dan arrived at camp he parked the bus away from the tractor and tents, about 100m. Whilst he is waiting for me he sees our tractor start to drive away "what the hell, Bra1n our tractor is going, what the fuck." He hopes out of the bus zooms in on tractor and sees a guy driving it. "Shoot him Dan its not me, shoot him". Dan takes him out on 2nd shot, then as our camp has been compromised he starts loading up the bus from the tents so we can move camp. At this point i was about 1 click from camp making haste. As Dan is loading up bus he gets SHOT...."noooooooooo, im down, im down, you gota get there and take him out Bra1n" Im running fast through thick woods 500m from camp and BOOOOM im down lol. Sniped by someone that has a very good shot and i mean very good, 1 shot dead.

Dan come to my house to drink beer with me and drown our sorrows. The next day i run round get new loot, new tent. I go to set up new camp at new place, then run north and stumble accross our old camp. Funny thing is there is 2 extra tents, and the tractor is still there, but no bus. I gradualy crawl to sniper postion (not making same mistake). See no one is there, so i go to tents and all our stuff is there. Look in tractor and stuff is in there too. I grab shit out of tents load up tractor and drive off to the new camp:)

Thank you for reading, hope it makes sense....

Posted this story yesterday on reddit, thought that maybe someone here will enjoy reading it as well.

My first trip into NW airfiel ended (unsurprisngly) in a huge adrenaline rush.

I've heard tales and seen footage of the fabled death trap that we know as NW airfield. I didn't know what to expect, ive been exploring Chernarus on and off for some time now, maybe more than a week. I did so without dieing and without letting my guard down even when venturing in complete wilderness. But all this time i stayed far away from the airfield and the settlements that perimetted it.

Its been days since i have last seen another survivo which was a remote encounter with a car passing by that i had eyes on but didn't shoot. I consider my self a thief and an opportunist, i dont kill unless its completely necessary for my survival. Actually, i haven't murdered anyone in this game... until today.

Today i decided to put my survival skills to the test and venture into that dreaded airfield, the temptation was too great and it was about time i got my hands on a camo or a gilly suit if i get lucky. But the true goal was finding an SVD sniper rifle.

My equipment consited of FN FAL with single clip as primary (more of a trophy weapon than a practical one, but i cant make myself ditch it for something with a more common ammo) and a colt 1911 with 6 mags for a sidearm. My backpack had an AKM with 2 mags, which i found on my way to the airfield and took it in case things got dire there. Apart from that i carried binocs and a few smoke granades, and all the other usual stuff.

I planned my route accordingly, it was around 4pm by the time i approached the airfield from north-east and i could see a deer stand to the right of me, i decided not to check it as i considered myself inside of a high-risk zone and continued moving. After i passed the airfield wall my destination was near - the plan was to check the barracks, see if i get lucky and to quickly haul ass out of that death trap.

Walking crouched i constanly scanned the perimeter, listening for any gunshots and looking for any movement. My binoculars came in handy for checking radar tower and firestation, both seemed empty of bandits, still, as i was approaching my destination i tried to break my line of sight with those structures as much as possible... appart from shuffling and moaning zombies it was quiet and everything seemed like any other scavanging location. Feeling safe i left the pine tree cover and moved through the open and into the barracks.

I enter and close the door behind me, the building is covered in loot, i get greedy and decide to check every loot pile, even if i dont find an SVD maybe ill at least find some ammo for it. I check the first room to my left... and jackpot! Night vision goggles! I grab them and move to check the second room and find a loot pile that i decide to check. As i'm browsing through the loot something catches my ear, from all the ambient zombie moaning and whatnot, i hear a silent and brief rustle of a grass outside. I think to myself that im probably being paranoid, but im not taking any risks so i stop scavanging and decide to couciously side-crouch out of the room and check the enterance.

The door is open.

As goosebumbs run down my spine a figure slowly creeps into the doorframe from the outside. Without thinking i open fire from my trusty FN FAL, first two bullets go through his head and as he stumbles down i continue to fire. 9 bullets in total, he probably died after first few but i had to make sure. At this point my heart is pounding like mad and im pumped with adrenaline. Before i can catch a brief pause and re-evaluate my situation, zombies start piling at the enterance and filling up the hallway, i switch to my 1911 colt sidearm and begin clearing the exit. I know that i need to get out of there fast, whoever was in the airfield is now alerted and comming towards my location, for all i know there could been a sniper aiming right at that very bottleneck of an enterance filled with zombies.

The zombie wave subsided after what felt like minutes, i quickly checked my victims corpse from the inside of the barracs. He had some moderate stuff but nothing i could use as an upgrade or had space to carry.

I sprinted out of the barracks to the direction from which i came expecting to hear gunshots but didn't hear any, still fully alert and panicly scanning all directions i approached the airfield wall, the very same spot through which i entered this hellhole. Once there i dispatched a couple of zombies that followed me and continue to run.

As i ran i realised that my victim didin't even react, he didn't fire, i managed to escape that death trap unscaved. I had my comms at a ready and maybe should have tried making contact... But he probably knew i was inside, my footsteps could surely be heard for someone walking by the outside wall of barracks, and the way we saw each other... we were meters apart and it couldn't have ended nicely. So i think his intentions were clear. But why didnt he shoot? Or maybe he did but i couldnt hear him over my own shots. I'll never know.

I ran out of the airfield alive, with NVG's. Merely moments ago i had 64 zombie kills, now i had 89 and 1 murder.

Posted this story yesterday on reddit' date=' thought that maybe someone here will enjoy reading it as well.

[b']My first trip into NW airfiel ended (unsurprisngly) in a huge adrenaline rush.

Great story!

I have yet to enter the NW airfield, I'm way too paranoid.

Wish I had recorded this!

I was at the bottom of a hill with a zombie at the top, some distance away, when another came shambling out of the woods beside me.

I shot the one nearest me, looked up at the one on the hill, and sure enough, it was aggroed!

It started running down towards me, tripped, flew up in the air, broke its neck when it fell, slid a few feet and lay there, quite still.

Thanks for the lulz, clumsy clot :)

After a few weeks playing this game, and getting shot in the big cities by camping sniper. I have my first good stories.

As I usually start, I go in the city to look for an axe, some foods and drinks, a secondary when i find one, and some medical supplies. Once i have everything I need, i just ran out and go in the mountain to go to stary sobor and then airfield (was never there, still need not to die before arriving there).

I went to the castle in zub, to find some more supplies. Arriving close to the castle, I saw someone. In the first minute I was scared to get shot once again. I ran into the first place in the castle, getting some supplies. I went out and then I see the guy in front of me with a rifle. I had only an axe on me. I told myself "Ok, there is a 90% chance that the guy will shot me....". As I had nothing to lose, I press the "à" key to show that I won't attack him (the movement where you sit down). And for the first time in a few weeks, I got really surprised. The guy didn't shot me, he did the same :-)

Then both of us continue our lonely trip.

It just too bad that this is not happening more often... How many times did I die in the fire station in electro by a sniper or 1-2 bandits around that site.

For all survival, let's continue to help each other. It make the game more enjoyable when you do not get shot every hours ;-)

This happened this morning, I recently died and re spawned out west of Elektr hesitant to make my way into the city I go into the barn out by the road and find a crossbow. I start to think alright I will go into the city as quiet as possible. I check a residential building and find myself a double barrel shotgun, from there i take off to the north fire station. I'm just creeping around tossing flares to distract zombies, I get about 100m out from the fire station and pull a mob of 6 or 7 zeds. I run into the station and what do I find another survivor with an axe, I panic looking around saying, I'm friendly I'm friendly! He responds me too, says don't worry I will take them out don't shoot. He insists on axe'ing the zeds a question.

From here we decide to go to the market and we just book it as we here gunfire behid us up in the station we just left. We run into the church he axes more zeds, we get to the market and find nothing but watches. More gun fire is heard outside nearby, we cross the street into the pub find ammo and an enfield, As I'm looking out the window I see an hear the zeds aggro into the office building across, I see the survivor 2nd floor. My fellow survivor decides to openly use direct chat and says lets murder him. Alright I say we start heading into the building from the west bottom floor all these zeds are around making a ruckus. My companion decides he wants to go 1st up the stairs and take out the zombies, he gets shot from the 2nd floor. I just stare at him, he uses the chat again saying why did you shoot I'm friendly.

As I'm staring at his corpse I'm laughing, time to move I guess I head to the outside of the building and decide to try and climb the ladder I get to the top and bam get shot I fall over, bam again I die.

Now this was probably Karma kicking in but i did not care I had just lost a survivor of 9 days due to a server hopper on the NE airfield having moments before received some NV goggles and range Binochs. So I did not care I just wanted to fool around in the city and it turned out to be hilarious.

Like the lone wolf i am, i scouted a village which was near to the coast through the scope of my M107 . I was starving, down to half my blood and didnt wanted to be surprised by some bulletspraying freshspawn who wanted to trade his Doubel Barrel against my equip. After 5 Minutes i saw a blue cap crouching through the bushes and centered the cross of the scope on him. Seeing that he was carrying a crowbar i decided to not pull the trigger at this moment and just watch him some more. He was quite skilled avoiding all the Z's until he got cornered between two shacks. The walking corpses slowly got close to him, he managed to kill one but the other struck him down. I knew he was unconscious because no one dies that quick and i didnt hear gunshots. The remaining Zombie began to feast on him. I pulled the trigger.

While the Undead approached my position i saw the unlucky bastard bandaging himself up and than crawling back to the coast unseen.

He never knew who helped him.

I log back in by the army tents in cherno right away I hear shots going off and see a flare off to one side and instantly decide roof= safer than ground and climb on top of the building with the tents behind it. I walk over to the edge and see the glow of 2 flares and hear more shots kind of moving so I go to lay down so no one sees me and I'm almost at the edge at this point but I have enough room to take a few more steps so I thought it would be safe to lay down so I press z and instead of lying down like my character normally would he decides to sprint out off the ledge and lye down floating in mid air....... needless to say I hit the ground broke some bondes passed out and started to bleed to death. At this point I have about 4000 blood and start to bandage myself but again my character decides to be a dick and crawl backwards cancelling the bandaging 3 times until I'm down to 1200 blood so at this point I'm pretty much screwed.....

well i have a story of my first life that i though i should share

so i start on a beach near by some house's and go check for supplies (none of the house's where open) then head inland,i find a small village and look for supplies,i find myself a CZ sniper and a maK(the old starting pistol) and ammo for both then continue inland,following some power lines through a gap in a forest,after a wile i say to my self: well this is going nowhere.and head into the forest after that i found a dig boulder with two tent next to the rock i look around then head to the tents, HOLY дерьмо!!: i shouted as the tents cantoned AK's,M4's an Alice pack and a mp5 all with ammo and some cooked meat,so i took the M4A3 CCO(non silenced) and the back pack but didnt take the meat witch was a bad idea and whent on my way.after awile i started to get hungry so i stoped to kill a few farmer zed'z and one of them had baked beans witch i eat and when back on my way,after awile i found a tower and climed it i shot a trooper zed and went to loot him then got laged into loging out when i came back it was night and i was back in the tower but to my luck a crashed chopper was right in front of the tower sadly when i checked it there was nothing there so i continued on my way after a wile i got very hungry and try raiding a near by town but i ended up fighting the entire town in till i ran out of ammo sadly one of the ZEDS was still alive and chased me for a good wile intill i saw a two ramped scaffolding and ran up lucky for me the ZED got stuck.(quick info: i was at 5000ish blood at the time) so i jumped off the scaffolding and broke my legs and made it over a fence and crawled to safety sadly i lost allot of blood and i new i was going to die so i poped a flare and put my guns in my pack then sat down and waited to die i feel in and out of continuousness a couple of times and then die'd.

the end.

thank you for reading my fist DayZ life story

Today, after getting killed, I respawned at Three Valleys just south of Solnichniy. I head along the road towards the first barn that I could find. Although what I hoped to be a swift journey to stary became something totally different.

Even before I went into the barn I found a guy fending off zombies with a crowbar. I leg it into the barn as I had seen a sweet winchester up for grabbing. The person I saw was nowhere to be found at that point, so I retraced my steps to the place I saw him at first. I wasn't paranoid whatsoever as I just spawned and the guy only had a crowbar with him. Nothing I couldn't handle. But all of a sudden I saw another person standing in the barn I was in just a moment ago. He, however, was carrying a gun that could potentially one shot me, a double barrel shotgun, as I was standing close to him. I quickly fired, not sure if he would do the same to me or not. Then, all of a sudden, I located the crowbar man behind me. This time I did get paranoid and shot him without hesitation, following into a horde of zombies strolling towards me and collecting themselves around the barn I had moved to. Little did I know there was another survivor unarmed trying to get rid of the zombies in the same barn. He wasn't sure if he could trust me, but after getting rid of the zombies I told him to pick up the shotgun of the other person. As paranoid as I was, the moment he picked the gun up I fled the scene in order to not get shot by a possible ungrateful bastard.

I moved towards the northwest and while travelling I heard either a plane or a heli at the place I left the survivor, concluding with some shotgun shells fired.

I moved away from the barn and there it was, in a little collection of houses just before Dolina, a sweet tractor ready to be driven around for fast loot collecting. It had no fuel, though, so I had to go back to 'the barn of demise' to get the fuel tank I saw there. The sky was painted crimson red by a hellish fire coming from the coast. Surely a heli crashed there. I got the fuel tank and sprinted away, being paranoid as ever.

I drove my tractor to the nearby factory to refuel and stock up on supplies and hopefully find a toolbox, if lucky. Ofcourse, I hear shooting nearby and not knowing for what reason I checked it out. A person was shooting zombies along the road towards Polana. I initially thought he was returning to the factory after hearing me parking the tractor inside the fenced off area. Luckily he did not hear me, but what could have been the reason that he didn't loot the factory? He found a crashed heli site and took all the loot!

Soon after looting the factory without problem I drove up to the crash site and tried to find loot that already had been looted out though. I returned to my tractor and suddenly I hear shots fired at me from one of the hills overlooking the crash site. This must have been the guy from before, I thought. He was firing either a m14, DMR or m24. I fled into the forest with my tractor and set myself up so that I wouldn't lose everything if I got killed by him. I heared many stories about snipers who didn't move position after failing their shots, so I tried to sneak behind him. With my trustworthy winchester I made it to the hill I thought the shot were coming from, and do note he shot atleast a whole DMR clip at me without success, and there he was. I found him by luck and just got off that one shot, otherwise I would have been smoked by his Bizon sd. I grab his Bizon and DMR and ofcourse do my victory dance. I'm back in the game. Someone shooting so poorly with a DMR shouldn't own one!

Started a new game in Kemp (small area to the southwest most part of the map), found a hatchet, food and drink, bandages and was pretty proud of myself until a stupid zombie broke my leg. So crawled through the next 2 cities to get to Cherno, using the forest for cover the whole time.

Just got in Cherno and was going 'around' a hill to stay out of sniper vision, then fuck me days, a sniper shot me.

What a wasted of 2 1/2 hours.

Lost a 15 day character to a couple bullets... no biggie, fresh start incoming and its always fun to run willy nilly through towns grabbin loot.

Spawned on Krutoy Cap, ran to electro with a crossbow, found gear, made it to the supermarket, met 2 friendlys...died to a horde the 2nd guy dragged in. No biggie.

Spawned again west of balota, made it to airfield with a broken bone and met another friendly who didnt shoot me. I'm feelin lucky. Told him I was gonna crawl to cherno and pick up some meds. He offered to go pick some up for me and got on skype together. After chattin I found out he was one of the friendlies in the supermarket in elektro and had a good laugh about how we died earlier, and were amazed to meet up again.

He headed off, got shot dead, and luck of the draw he spawned again in cherno. He looted the shit outta the hospital, came back with blood bags and morphine. I was all better, and had an alice pack full of various military ammo. We ended up clearing all of cherno lookin for an alice pack for my bud. He was new (3rd day of playin). And after my 1+month experience I showed him all of cherno's sights, runnin and gunnin' with my 1911.

After stocking up we head back to balota airfield. Heated up our barrels on some more zeds at the factory buildings at the East end of the runway and make for the barbed wire tents. Cleared some more zeds and walked up the berm to do a check of the hangars for people. Apparently someone was in the area that had heard our noisy adventures. And not 5 seconds of being up on the berm I got hit in the leg from a sniper in the treeline ~140 m away. Luckily we could escape out of his line of sight by going back down into the berm.

My buddy patches me up and blood bags me. We decide that we dont need to go to the hangars, hehe. So after we evade along the coast we get into kamishovo and had angered some zeds and ran to the red brick building. The zombies began coming in from both doors, 2 were on my buddy, just wailin away on him. I had my military shotty trained on those 2 and unload. Unfortunately, Bubba panicked and ran into my shotgun fire. He went down, unconscious and getting eaten, it was all my fault! So I unload on all the zombies but due to some wierd glitch they just wouldnt die. I backed out, and the zeds and his corpse disappeared.

I fired a warning shot in my friends bulbous ass! He actually spawned in the same town and we had a good laugh about it, but he couldnt pick up his lost loot.

I thought I would do a journal of my adventures in DayZ. Please realize these set of stories are part fiction/rp/actual gameplay... I hope everyone doesn't mind that I'm adding some non-game elements to my stories, however I thought it would be fun.

Journal Entry #14 - Day One

I sit here in my two story apartment complex eating pasta out of a can and drinking the very few bottles of pepsi I have left. Seems I would be trying to make these last longer and treating them like gold however I've never been one to handle pain, hunger, or thirst very well... instead it is this goofy journal that I treat like a priceless family airloom. What can I say? I always keep a journal with me to record everything I go through and not to mention keep myself sane, perhaps I consider these pages to be my personal shrink?!?

Who would have thought my entry today would be contain these words? “The world had turned into a living nightmare when the first infected was reported. The news stated that the infection was spreading at an alarming rate but I didn’t think it would be this fast. All around me I hear people trying to defend the city, at least a couple hundred zombies were the first wave but they just kept coming. They eventually broke the barricades and swarmed the city. I've managed to hide out in the apartment, not making any more noise than necessary however I can hear those walking demons on the street below me... they grunt and moan... and their smell... I could never describe such a smell.

Anyway I have been living here struggling to survive but I just finished my last can of food and I'm currently sipping the final drops from the bottom of the soda can. I will have to move silently and only go out in daylight; Zombie’s can still smell you at night and there is no way that I'm running around not able to tell a zombie from a tree.

Tomorrow morning I have no choice except to head out into the unknown and see what I can find. I have nothing to defend myself with, no food or water and to make matters worse I have no means of transportation. Perhaps there are others out there in the same boat as me? I can only hope they are a happy alternative to the zombies moaning on the street below me...

So the other day I spawn and it tells me the wilderness and im thinking to myself oh great now to randomly wander until I find someplace when all of a sudden a helicopter fly overhead I being newly spawned and not caring about my lack of gear send a message over chat and wouldn't u know he was friendly and stops to pick me up after flying going no apparent direction we decide to head to NW airfield as we are heading there another person sends out a shout from stary so we stop and pick him and his crew up at this point the original pilot had to go so he gave us the chopper. all of us decided to continue on to the NW airfield as its much easier to fly than walk lol. upon arriving we spot a crash site and promptly land to check it out i decide to stay in the chopper on the m240 when a lone bandit walks out of the trees and opens fire at the chopper with a akm. lol tiny gun i returned fire with the 240 destroying the little bandit after my team returns from the crash site we sit the for a minute deciding what to do now "not our best idea" the bandit had buddies sitting in the trees who start shooting the others run for cover while i sit on the 240 waiting to spot where the shots are coming from when bam im dead found out from my team the bandits had walked around the chopper and put one in my head "damn" oh well not like i looted anything still was all fresh spawn lol

This was originally posted in the Survivor HQ - Medical Assistance thread by me, but this seems like an amazingly appropriate place to post it.

It was a normal day: average temperature, mildly cloudy, and the sound of unrelenting "Zeds" rode the wind. I was in a small cozy city called Zeleno, I was tipped off by another friendly survivor that there was potential loot there. As I was making my way from building to building, avoiding Zeds and scavenging as much as I could I managed to trade in my Makarov PM for a more hardy Browning Model 1911. I had already been hording M1911 magazines so it worked out perfectly. I was making my way to the supermarket to grab some beans and coke for my long trip to Bor I was about to make when gunfire broke suddenly the dreary silence. "Bandits!" I shouted! While making my way away from the storefront where I was exposed I had taken a wild round into the leg. Pain filled my mind and I couldn't help but freeze, when suddenly a thought broke through my daze. "I must move!" I thought to myself as I dragged myself, inch by painful inch into the back room leaving a pool of blood clearly marking my trials.

[Medical Assistance DayZ Thread - Adjusted for cinematic effect]

At this moment I was shouting of my Radio for medical assistance

"Shots fired I repeat shots fired at Zeleno City, I'm holed up in the supermarket and I've been hit requesting assistance." I shouted over and over thinking nobody would hear me. After what seemed like hours I heard a voice call back to me.

"FreeKill, are you still breathing?" It was a strange voice. Male, had a foreign accent that was unknown to me.

"Yes, yes! I am here" I responded

"My name is Aggroschnarre, I can help you" He said in an eerily calm voice.

"Please hurry, I am in the Zeleno City Supermarket, I repeat; Zeleno Ci--" I couldn't finish, the pain in my leg was overwhelming.

"Roger, stay cozy FreeKill." He said one last time.

Upon hearing those reassuring words I propped myself up in a corner and started to assess the situation.

"Yup, it's broken" I thought to myself.

I quickly began sifting through my bag in hopes to find an Emergency Morphine Injector, to my sorrowful eyes all I pulled out was a bandage. Trying not to dwell to hard on this fact I made the best of a horrid situation by stopping the bleeding from my now bum leg and trying to devise a countermeasure to said attack. Before I could finish thinking the bandit rushing around the corner with a Winchester and took a shot at me, to my surprise it went far wide. I quickly followed up with a spray of bullets from my M1911. Her body hit the ground, a low "thud" as blood sprayed from the three red holes in her chest. I felt such a personal victory that it was her life and not mine, but also felt a odd sensation... it was the first life I had taken.

Quickly I shot back to reality as I saw a revolver poke around the corner. I immediately tried to get up, but my leg could not support me and I fell to my stomach.

"I've already dropped your friend and I'll drop you too!" I shouted.

There was a tense moment... The revolver shook as it was poking around the corner, then almost like instinct he turned the corner and before he could get a shot of I put one into his chest. He lay on the floor for no more than a minute before rolling around to which I responded with another follow up shot to his head. It took me awhile but I regained my composure, but after I stopped shaking I took to looting their bodies. To my surprise the female bandit had an Emergency Morphine Injector on her, immediately I plunged it into my thigh. The cooling sensation was like ecstasy to my mind and it made the pain bearable to walk on. I slung the Winchester of my shoulder, grabbed the can of beans off the ground and set off for Bor.

[skype Convo, adjusted with cool situational lingo]

Again I turned to my radio in hopes to hear Aggroschnarre's voice...

"Hey Aggroschnarre, are you still there?" I called

"Yes, making my way now." He responded

"I'm all set on the morphine, but you still bringing the blood bag?" I asked

"Yes sir, I'll be entering from the North East" He affirmed

"Ok good, thanks for yo--" I was cut off, quickly I turned and saw two people staring at me. One with a Makarov the other unarmed. The one wielding the Makarov's hands were shaking, he was almost as uneasy as I was.

"Friendly" I shouted while holstering my Winchester, while knowing in the back of my mind lowering my defenses could lead me to my end.

A few moments passed...

"Friendly." He stated with a sigh

To my relief they we too looking for a friendly face in this unforgiving land. Upon explaining to the two new survivors that a Medic was coming to assist me they were overjoyed as they two needed some assistance. I radioed a sitrep to Aggroschnarre and two my surprise I saw him come out, rounding the treeline.

This is where Aggroschnarre's story ends. But the trials that FreeKill and his two new friends would face around the hostile coast... now that will be saved for another story.

PM me about my story :] Thank you for reading!

I was in Elektro today to do a powerplay and really gear up to go out and explore and i heard a bunch of shots fired as I was raiding the hospital. I was very well geared at this point because the hospital was my last stop. I decided to sneak around and see where all the zombies were being aggro'd to and started observing two players in the general store, both presumably with broken legs. Eventually I made myself known and they said they were friendly. I scouted the situation and decided I'd take their word for it and approached. They asked if I could help them find the hospital and I did them one better and said I had 2 extra morphines I wouldn't mind helping them out with. As soon as I got them back on their feet one of them pulls out a gun and shoots me in the head. I wasn't too mad I died, after all I had taken the risk of approaching, I was mainly frustrated because a friend of mine just got the game and I was going to do a loot run to get both of us geared so I had 2 extra guns, a lot of ammo, and a good bit of supplies. Definitely enough to deck them out. This was only my second encounter with hostile players, I don't normally approach any players and tend to observe from afar and recently I had approached a fellow survivor and we pillaged together and helped each other and had so much fun I guess I let that memory get the best of me.

Today on Dallas 44 my buddy and I dropped 3 guys with an interesting looking gun....

aks.jpg

aks2.jpg

we could see him from forever far away and once killed could pick up his weapon but not aim down sights. Golden AKS. Also found four tents nearby them and took what we pleased. Thanks for being noobs.

Also, many hackers on dallas 303 cherno so beware.

TEX on dallas 69 also disconnects from firefights and will change server and ghost up behind you. Luckily I put one in his chest as he was shooting me.

So, I was making a run for NW airfield southern barracks on FI1. Now this was kinda stupid of me as I had found a GPS in a deer stand, but I had no decent weapon (I did have the AKS-74 kobra, but only one clip with 20 rounds left and G17 with a couple of mags). I took my time circling the place as I had heard shots, and sure enough when I got inside it was already looted. I did get an extra AK mag from one of the zeds inside the barracks and one for my glock.

I started making my way towards the building on the west side of the barracks, since it often spawns some mid-tier military weapons in the little alcove. As I creep towards it I see another survivor come from around the corner. Without hesitation I pump him full of lead on full auto, and he goes down like a bag of meat. I pull out my glock and start running from the horde descending on me, meaning to get in that little alcove and make a stand there. As I come across the corner I realize how bad of an idea it was: there's another survivor prone on the far edge of the open ground, against the fence. He shoots me and I go unconcious with 4k blood. I see him pull half of the zeds off me as he runs for the alcove.

There is still hope, however: I'm quickly regaining conciousness and as I get up I kill the ~6 zeds feasting on me. I make a run around the corner where I came from and bandage myself up. I can still hear shooting from the alcove, and instinctively I swap to a frag grenade I had found ages ago. I get to the edge of the building and make the throw. BLAAAAAAANNNNGGGG the explosion shakes the ground and I see my murder count go up to 2. Now I know every damn zed in the area will be on me, so I ran around the buliding into the alcove, swapping to my G17 as I run out of AK rounds. My blood is really low, and as I make it to the alcove there's a HUGE pile of dead zeds and the survivor lying in the corner. I make my stand, and just as I'm about to kill the last zed visible (more are coming, I know it) I miss the headshot and have to reload. He brings me down, and I'm dead.

Losing a GPS and the possible sweet loot these two had? Not a problem. My heart was still pounding like crazy, my knees were weak and I was laughing hysterically. Because that grenade kill: one of the most goddamn satisfying things I have EVER done in this game.

If that survivor is reading: learn your lesson, and don't leave hostiles alive even if they are unconcious and zeds are eating him ;) This is what DayZ is all about: epic moments no other game is capable of providing.