Here's a story about the night...and bandits.

Both great enemies to any player.

So it begins. It was pitch black and feeling brave I was in Cherno looking for loot. So I was edging around Cherno, looting any building I could enter, trying to distract the zeds with various flares scattered across the city. I slipped in and out of tents, pubs, the hospitals and the fire station. To my relief I managed to survive this without having to fire a single shot of my Winchester. It was a good haul, alot of useful items including enough items to survive in the forests for as long as needed. I was set, but before leaving Cherno fully and heading into the vast wilderness I decided to stop off at the two barn buildings just on the northern edge of Cherno, I found some ammo and food. Elated with all of this I was then again about to head out into the forest when I then noticed the outline of a nearby barn.

I couldn't resist.

I threw a flare nearby and watched it bounce before settling and revealing 5 or 6 zeds patrolling the desolate barn. I slowly crept upon the barn without attracting them. After slipping in I managed to loot some more flares, food and other such items. But I was feeling cocky now, i was bloodthirsty. So checking that there was only 3 others on this server I decided it would be safe to kill of some zeds. I readied my Winchester and threw a flare just outside the barn doors...a zed crept around the side and was met by a swift slug right to the head. He hit the ground as others then walked over...I butchered them all. Somehow there was about 20+ bodies scattered across the barn floor. My work was done.

Satisfied with all of this. I decided to finally head off. I checked my gear and made sure I was set to head out. I was good. Before leaving the Barn I scanned the nearby tree's for zeds and to my relief I was clear. It was go time, while my last flare was still flickering I sprinted out of the barn doors heading for the tree line. I could hardly see anything, only the vague outline of the trees. I was half way across the field when 4 shots rang out across the field...I was shocked and terrified. And so I kept on sprinting, hoping they were friendly and were picking off some zed's I'd missed. I was almost there when another 2 shots rang out and thumped into my side.

I hit the ground, my blood rushed down to 4000 and I lay in shock with a broken leg. This was real bad. I frantically looked around the area to see if there was anything I could do to save myself. I decided to roll a little further before crouching and bandaging myself. When I did so I heard that one...last fatal shot. It thumped into my head, a great headshot. I bet he was pleased.

So everyone, what to learn of this? Never run out into the middle of a field at night. Never get cocky. And always bring a buddy for backup! Shame I have none...

I was looting the office building in Cherno when I noticed a helicopter parked on top of the hospital. I went up to check it out and...let's be honest...try to steal it if it wasn't broken down. I got in and of course...it needed parts and couldn't fly. I got out and picked up some meds. The guy who landed the chopper came up and took me down...I told him I was friendly and asked him not to kill me. He made sure that I wasn't going to gun him down or try to steal the chopper, revived me, and held me at gunpoint for a while. I stayed down and talked to him a bit. He's Korean and knows a few phrases and swear words, I know a bit of Korean (I live in Korea) so I talked to him and asked if I could catch a ride on the chopper. He says if I help with blood packs and guarding the chopper I can come along, as there's only two in his group.

The parts they need to get the chopper off the roof are not readily available, so I get a rotor and come back. They still need an engine block and some other stuff. I gave up my Lee Enfield to make room for the rotor assembly (?) and was left guarding the roof alone with a Makarov. A firefight ensues on the street involving these two Korean dudes and about eight unaffiliated random players. Aggro and gunfire abounds. Meanwhile, back on the roof...a sniper has taken the hill above the city and is wasting a ton of ammo trying to hit me. I hide behind the chopper and a vent and call out his location in Korean. While one guy holds off the other players on the street, one dude flanks the sniper on the hill and takes him out with a Chesterfield...keeps the Chesterfield and comes back. More time passes and we can't get the parts. One guy dies in the street we have to take off without him. We re-fuel and head out to the NE airstrip. We get some guns and head to the barracks, all of this in complete darkness and escalating aggro. The barracks are overrun and I almost get over the barricade, but I'm killed by zombies before I can make it.

Very fun.

One time I had just respawned and felt like being a dick, So what did I do? I run to cherno and pick up a enfield,a half a dozen smoke grenades, and a role of barb wire.The I run to the roof of a building.(don't remember which building) and sit and wait. 5 minutes later a ghuille suited man with a sniper rifle(which I later researched and found to be hacked in) and a friend of his with AKM start looting some buildings. As I watch them I see them starting to head towards the one I am in. I fire off a round of my enfield (I had already done this once before, so there were already a couple zeds there) and watch as the hord comes towards me. Then I switch to my smoke and lob 4 of them in the direction of these poor survivors. Immediately the horde switches to the smoke. The 2 men start to panic and fire rapidlyatthe swarm. Since one had a AKM and the other a Sniper the noise only alerted more zeds towards there location of these survivors. They get seperated from each other the one with the AKM heads to a small factory building, the other sniper gets backed into a courner and quickly devoured. As I sit and watch this I quickly realise how much of a dick I was ( I didn't know this man was using hacked items at that point) I then for and loot the mans body, find the sniper and leave it since I didn't really want to be a cherno hill bandit. As I start running off Mr. AKM re-appears and puts about 15 into my chest killing me instantly. Having my fill of banditry for the day I log off to look at some other things. Then I got curious over that sniper and doing a little research realised It was hacked. So feeling better knowing I had actualy made cherno slighty safer I go off and rejoin to begin hatchet axing the hill bandits surrounding cherno :D.

Edited by The_Weapon1

Well, This is A humorous Story so..Enjoy!

So me and my friend are roaming along the coast on our way back from hitting up Elektro's Hospital. He and I both stop on Skyrim Mountain aka Pik Kozlova where the ATV spawns. It happened to be there! It needed a wheel and engine parts but it was good other wise! So me being the genius I am I decided to move it off the small slope it spawned on. I managed to get it wedged in between the slope and a rock.

My friend got all mad at me so being the big man he is he decided to TRY to move it...Bad Idea. He somehow manage to glitch it INTO the rock. He reversed out of the rock and the next thing we knew He was launched straight up! He hit the ceiling of the map the ATV blew up and he fell back to earth in a Flaming heap of metal (He resembled a Comet) He then Proceeded to tumble down the mountain side on fire while sitting on the ATV. He got off the ATV with a broken leg, Shock and It took SEVEN bandages to patch him up!

I didn't know that ATV's could fly.

Edited by Unalerted
  • Like 3

Here's another story that's pretty funny.

Me and my friend Decided it'd be a Good idea to get as many Zombies as we could to follow us from Cherno to Elektro...After running for a solid ten minutes down the main road through every possible town/village we had about 45-50 Zeds following us. We're nearing Elektro now.

My friend decides It'd be a good idea to try and lose the Zeds through a very small shack. He brakes right and I go left (He Took ALL THE AGRO) After Running through the shed he was disappointed to see that he only lost one zombie in the shed...Much to his surprise the 40+ other zombies split into two masses of around 20 and came around the sides of the shed. He got engulfed in 40+ Zombies and somehow began to run When his leg broke! He dropped.

Now...I was standing on a hill watching all this happen. I saw him drop and I saw a sea of Zeds swarm him! We were in a Skype call and he was yelling SAVE ME! SAVE ME! Being out of ammo I thought I couldn't do anything. I remembered that I had a frag grenade... Needless to say There was a loud bang followed by 30+ Zed kills.

Never play with Zombies.

Edited by Unalerted

I still hear his name at night when I try to go to sleep in my old camping tent in the middle of the woods surrounded by the undead...

It all began when I decided to go to the town that the american survivors that wash up on shore called Elektro. I was making my way around town. Peering around every corner making sure there was no dead or alive on the other side waiting to ambush me. I saw a firehouse in the distant that a native survivor who didn't make the trip here said there was a chance a gun or two being left behind before he alerted the local walking dead and got himself eaten down to the bone.

As I made my way to the Firehouse my mind started playing tricks on me and I was cutting out of reality. First I was making my way to the door and next thing I new I'm staring at the wall having no idea how I got here so I had to make my way to the top of the firehouse and ABORT the mission and try again later.

After I woke from a restless slumber I met my ends meet by a bullet to the head before I completely woke up. Now, most of you out there would have called it quits but to me I saw this as a challenge. I washed up on the shore near the town Elktro and knew it was fate. I ran to a nearby local resident to find a Lee Enfield. I scavenged on my way to the Firehouse sneaking past every undead there was in the night. As I neared my destination I hear what can only be the sound of a gun going off. 1....2...3...4 shots I count and see two names pop up in the corner of my fallen brethren.

I crawled to the Train Station where i see him, dressed in a ghille suit and equipped with an AK looking for his next victim to hunt down, not realizing he himself was being hunted. I throw a flare with precision accuracy over the roof and into the open doors on the ground level of the Fire Station. Illuminating the building and the bandit a bright red color, I pull my gun up, heart pounding, I slowly squeeze the trigger. BANG! I drop to the ground as another foe shoots me in the leg and, seeing my life flash before my eyes, I bleed out to my death. One word to you ghille suit man on a US server is, "You may have won the battle, but the war still rages on!"

Great stories so far.

Got my first murder tonight. So I was running through the woods near cherno trying to figure out where I was gonna head to next, near the top of a slope. I see another guy running the opposite direction as me, but he has an assault rifle of some sort so I don't really feel like messing with him. Fortunately he's at the bottom of the hill so he hasn't seen me... and I go prone to wait for him to run past. Then all of a sudden he starts running up the hill, not directly at me, but he's getting too close for comfort. I plant my AKM's crosshairs on his torso and start raining lead at him, blood squirts out and then I see his death message.

He had some matches, binoculars, some cooked meat and some gun called M9 or M5 or something... but I was near the coast and I didn't want to risk retribution so I grabbed what I could and took off.

Logged in last night to hear Lee Enfield fire off to my right. I wasn't getting shot at, and I don't think whoever was firing even knew I was there (he was either engaging another player or a lot of zombies, judging by the amount of fire).

Even with all this, and the fact that it was probably a good distance off, what with the Enflield being the loudest gun in the game, I panicked and took off into the woods at full tilt.

Now I'm lost lol.

Quite enjoying these stories, reminds me of drinking at the RSL with the old fella's and war veterans on ANZAC day...

This happened about a week ago.

It was pre-dawn and I was making my way east from Bor when I encountered a small group of vigilantes who were scrubbing the hills looking for bandits who had fled north after some major skirmish at Balota Airfield. They opened fire on me but luckily one of them happened to be a guy I'd met a few days earlier whom I'd assisted in gathering ammo to store in a tent, and he vouched for me when I declared "I'm Friendly, FFS". I fell in with them and joined the bandit hunt but we didn't find any. The server had emptied from 30+ players to about 10 so we made for Cherno to snag some medical supplies while resistance would be managable.

After a decent stride, the sun had begun to rise and we were positioning ourselves to defend the team that was about to raid the hospital on the western side of Cherno. I took a position a ways down the road acting as a sort of advanced scout. As the raiding team finished up and headed to the truck they'd brought in to cart the loot to their hideout one of the other guys on overwatch came near to me and asked if I'd help them clear the path to the next hospital on the east side of Cherno. It sounded like something to do so I joined him and we stealthily made our way through the streets.

Needing some beans, I decided to check out a two story building on an intersection. As I was sorting through the loot piles I heard someone yell "F**K, BANDITS!" and several weapons started firing. The guy I was with came racing in and up the stairs to where I was and took a position by the window. I peeked outside and saw a couple of survivors not from our group taking positions in a similar building down the way. A few moments later more people from our group arrived as well as a great deal of zombies.

A stand-off ensued for about fifteen minutes as we tried to discern how many of them there were and where they were hiding. One of us managed to get close enough to them to begin trying to negotiate a cease-fire but we had a lot of ammo to make use of, and I guess so did they. At one point some of our group snuk up to a building a few of them were hiding in and got the drop on them, taking one alive, wounding another and killing the third. This tipped the scales in our favour as now we had hostages. Our negotiator informed them of this and gave them the option to agree to leave Cherno until we were done or we'd kill the hostages and then we'd "frag their building down". After a bit of haggling they accepted the terms as long as we left them the means to heal their wounded and didn't loot their dead friend.

After we hit the second hospital and made our way out of town, I bid the group farewell. We exchanged some info so we could catch up later on and I proceeded north and they east.

It was by far the most tense experience I've had in all my years gaming.

Edited by Olisonera
  • Like 1

Well here's a pretty legit story. I've been in this colony for awhile, easily got all gear back when i would die, so i decided since the server is down, i'll go out and find things on my own. I played for a few hours running around elektro only to be shot everytime of course. Now mind you, i have the hero skin AND i always open up mic real fast and yell out friendly over direct chat, but as i already knew this did not help. I went there ready to die anyway. So i was in elektro again running outside the west outskirts, when i see this guy with a ghillie on and a revolver in his hands looking straight up. Just a few minutes before btw i head a few sniper shots on sniper hill. So i just assumed he was shot. Went up to him and got all his gear, coyote, gps, some tools, all that i really needed anyhow. So i continue running happily with the newly founded backpack to the hospital to raid it for medical supplies. Now, i was only on a server during the day light with ONE other person on at the time. Of course i should have known my luck, he was in the West fire station sitting there looting, as i run in and yell "friendly" i get shot at and run away to be shot in the back. I respawned real quick already assuming he looted me and hid the body. So lucky i spawned right back in elektro, was able to run right back there. I had previously seen him running to the hospital and on the roof. I was MORE surprised he didn't take all my gear; only my gps. So i looted everything back and i heard footsteps, thought it was him. I ran upstairs and glitched to the roof(not hacking) and i see this noob running around headed right for the hospital, and he got shot multiple times. I thought to myself "what an asshole prick". Quickly, i climbed off the roof and headed there as well, i heard multiple shots again as he was being attacked by zeds, lucky for me i heard them as i got closer. I closed in on him from behind as all the zeds surrounded him, at least 20 or so. He was like stuck or something it seemed so i thought maybe he was dead and i could re-log and get rid of zeds. I did so, and it worked, i carefully snuck up to where he was in the back of the hospital on the ladder(LOL) and he had re-logged as well, he even went as far as climbing back up the ladder before i shot him right in the brain. Got my gps back, a cool sniper, and...a toolbox that i needed. I quickly ran away without even looking back while my heart beated with adrenaline. Ran to the forest, in quest of the hatchet, since that was the last tool i needed. I was very happy i didn't lose humanity, i noticed it was a "bandit" kill. I was really relieved and satisfied. Kinda like a sheriff. Lol. So thats my really cool story i just had happen about 2:30am UTC-8 PST on Aug 21st. Was the most satisfying moment for me so far. I wanna go killing more bandits. I've been reluctant to kill anyone due to fear of losing the hero skin. I will do ANYTHING to not lose it. I love it, it's pretty damn badass, but i've been wanting to kill people too, all the assholes who shot on sight. I used to but im trying to be more friendly now. So bandits.....watch out.

I killed a zombie with a hatchet today. I swung my axe with desire as it met his miserable face. The End

• Like 2

Unarmed, in elektro, 37/40 people on server. I head to the firehouse by the power plant, I find myself an Ak, waiting for my friend to join me I lay behind some sandbags conveniently placed in the firehouse. I hear various explosions and chatter on direct chat. A few people walk in over the next 10 minutes but happen to walk right by the sandbags, only one had a weapon and it wasn't anything worth giving away my position for. I hear shooting from the roof, i see someone fall from the roof onto a lower platform of it through the window. Now is my time to take the shot, 2 shots from my AK enter his skull and he drops dead. Conveniently my friend is on his approach to the firehouse at about the same time. He grabs the m4a3 off the body that I killed. He runs towards dobryy and I start following when I turn to loot a body out front shots ring out from an M4 close to where my friend was, "stop shooting at me!!!" "im not!!!!" I climb to the second floor of the firehouse to get a better angle on the shooter and take him out. We both declare that we need to get the fuck out of there as soon as possible, I check the body for loot and find 2 frags and a satchel charge. We run north from elektro only to realize we still aren't safe, shots ring out from a DMR, on my approach to his location I decide to throw one of the frags I looted to see if I could get him to give away his position, I arch my grenade like I would in any situation then right before letting it go I realize I've never really had to throw one with trees around, watching it bounce off a tree I scream "Run!!!" landing right at my friends feet. He continues to bitch at me for throwing it in the first place. So I sit and watch his gear till his return.

The other day I had a run in with...Well; authoritarians is a better description than bandits. I was in the market in Elektro with another survivor I had met. We had been trying to get out of the market for awhile, but a steady influx of zed and continuous gunfire in the city kept us farely stuck. Finally, it got to the point where we could get out. We darted over to the house across the street from the school and start checking it for loot. Then I hear this. "This is Seal Team Six; drop your weapons now or we will open fire." I didn't see anyone so I pressed up against the wall. "I'm afraid I can't oblige. I need my weapon to survive." I call back. Seal Team calls out a few more orders at us, none of which we follow. Then, on the second floor of the school I see someone's head peak over. I duck myself back out of view; steel up, and turn to begin engaging. I managed to fire off a couple shots that landed, but my opponents had bigger guns and took me down in a hurry. I saw one of them die after me, but I don't know if it was from my shots or my friend takin' it to 'em. Point is, it was a fucking blast. Those are the interactions I crave in DayZ.

• Like 1

Playing just now, respawned from dying last night and have a little bit of a trek from Kamenka to Cherno, I get there after a quick stop at the airstrip enroute and head for the fire station No weapons. So I head to the supermarket and find all sorts of cool stuff, hew bergen, map , compas, binos, the whole toolbelt almost. Footsteps, and silenced gunfire. I yell "friendly" and the guy passes me without a word, then retraces his steps back into the room and takes me out. COCKSUCKER

• Like 1

The last thing I remember before I passed out was being trapped. In a small shed, I held my final stand. With my last clip of ammunition, I managed to kill 10 zombies. "This is the end" I thought. The zombies began to tear into me. Then everything went black. Just before what I knew what was the end, I heard gunshots. 20 Or so, fired in my direction. "Can't you see I'm already dead?!?" I yelled. I laid down in the corner, ready to die. I awoke some minutes later, with a group of 4 players standing over my body. My wounds were bandaged, my blood restored. "Who are you guys?" I asked. "Friendlies" They replied. One of them, the one who seemed to be the leader, asked me to follow him. We walked through a large town, and into the woods, where a truck was concealed. "Take anything you want" He said. I opened up one of the boxes on the back of the truck, and saw more weapons than I could imagine possible. I took a large sniper, a ghillie suit, and a backpack. "You want to come with us?" "Sure." We drove for a few miles, and decided to make a campfire. One of them must have had a radio, because next thing I know we were all singing and dancing to music. We made a campfire, and enjoyed some steaks. As we all sat around the campfire, with full belly's, the man guarding the truck shouted, "CONTACT!" 2 Gunshots were fired, and we dragged the lifeless body of a hacker out from behind the trees. He was fully geared, with no food or survival equipment whatsoever. We set up a perimeter, with two men watching each direction. I saw some movement in the trees, and went to investigate. To my suprise, nothing was there. "What the.." "CONTACT!" I swung around, and lit up the treeline. I fired 2 clips, and the man next to me emptied a whole 200 round magazine into the woods. "Get in the truck!" The leader shouted. We all piled into the truck, except for one. He stood behind the truck, trying to get in. The driver backed up, right into the man, killing him instantly. "Shit!" I shouted. "What?" "We just ran over him!" We drove away as fast as we could, trying to forget the horrible thing we had just done. We found a downed helicopter, with nothing in it. Before we could make it back to the truck, a man in the bush gunned one of our men down. We all ran as fast as we could, and left the truck. While we were running, we got seperated. I threw a flare, and we all grouped up and gave each-other blood transfusions, and headed back down to the coast, to recover our lost man. -THE END- P.S Just wanted to say thank you to Bernd and his crew. If it wasn't for them, I would be dead a long time ago. I also want to say sorry to the guy we ran over. (Sorry buddy, I can't remember your name :( ) Thankfully the hacker got banned, but not before he took our truck. We all hate 'em :(

• Like 1

I also want to say sorry to the guy we ran over...

Hey Thomas that's cool, I don't mind being run over or forgotten - and anyway you weren't driving the truck.

My bodyguard was.

• Like 1

I was playing on a private server where we have a civil war going on between 2 of the admins. On of them holds elecktro while the other owns cherno (who I support). One day I was running across Cherno with my 2 friends. We were going to steal food from them cause it was night. We had night vision goggles and we got into the house and we took food and weapons, ammo,medical supplies and fuel.

We ran back to our car and cheesed it. Once we got back we were told that we had to go in an assault with 20 other guys. We walked to cherno cause there weren't enough cars. Once we got there we opened fire at them and charged. Most of us had regular suits but a squad had bandit camo and their leader had a ghillie.

When I charged I was forced into a house where I a grenade exploded near me and made I was knocked unconscious. The squad that I talked about earlier they lost 4 of there men. So it was there squad leader, the second in command( the sic),And a noob. They found me bleeding. There sic is a medic and he patched me up and asked Cherno or Electro.i replied with what do you mean. He shoved a revolver in my face and asked: Who you with asshole? I said the name of the guy from cherno. He said to call him Tom, to call there leader mike and the noob James, they called themselves Delta squad. I asked about my squad the didn't know then out of nowhere a bullet hit next to toms head but he shifted before it hit. Then loads of bullets swarmed the window where James was. A bullet hit but little damage was done. I couldn't find my gun and I realised I was in the same house from the raid before I found a revolver and a lot of Ammo . There was a firefight out side the house. On our server we allow artillery but in very small areas. Our intel was off and our artillery bombed just out side and we got scared back in side.

After it finished me and Delta ran outside into smoke to run into an alley. On the other street James walks strait into the open and gets shot in the chest by a sniper we I needed to get to him or he'll die. Tom gave me a high powered rifle with a scope. Mike made a distraction and I got a shot on the sniper. Tom then ran to James and gave him a blood trans and a bandage.

We see a truck of our raiders come down the street with people screaming run away there were people running to get in. Turning the corner comes a horde of 50-60 Zeds running down the street. We ran as fast as we could we ran out of electro with our troops retreating and the electro supporters hiding. They are still there on the server spread on the main road in electro

Ran into a few hackers tonight on what looked like their own server. The teleported me, made me invincible to shoot me in the head repeatedly, changed the time of the day a bunch, spawned vehicle after vehicle, and aimbotted their way through about 40 zombies with pinpoint accuracy. One died when he spawned a vehicle on his head. He teleported back and while he was trying to loot his stuff said "don't take our stuff dude". I then threw a grenade I had stolen from their truck and killed one. His buddy opened fire on me, I returned, nothing happened, he stopped shooting, started shooting again and then I died.

I laughed. Oh, they were definitely kids. I could tell by their repeated use of the words "fag", "cock", the n word and their extreme homophobia. At least I got one before he went god mode again.

(if you're reading this you hacking twats, fuck you)

• Like 1

I'm at the northeast airstrip, it's deserted and I'm on a very low pop server, around 10 people. I'm loaded up but unluckily I don't have any bandages or morphine, so rather than risk getting hit I start sniping off zombies from afar with my DMR. I've killed about 15 when I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see some gimp in a ghillie suit creeping up to me with an axe about 10 meters away

I'm totally stunned and just stare at him for a few seconds, he freezes, he's unarmed aside from the axe and poses no real threat, so I salute him.

The fool runs at me swinging wildy, so I dance around him and no scope double tap him. He goes down. Poor fucker. I meant no harm, but I don't blame him for trying.

How long was he waiting there? What did he expect? Probably one of the weirdest encounters ever.

While looking around for a server for me and my friend to play on without disconnecting every 4 minutes, we laid down in some woods and moved onto the next server, which at the time had about 2 other players on. As we logged in, it was dark and difficult to see. We get our bearings and all of a sudden, we found a bus in the middle of the woods. We had spawned in some persons camp, complete with a tent with a rocket launcher in it (no ammo), and the fully repaired GAZ and Bus. We were shocked and looked around for any players. We didn't find any so we raided the camp, finding zero loot besides the launcher. After some debate, we took the GAZ for a joy ride.

Upon our travels, we came across a turned over ATV next to a sign. We couldn't flip it over, so we checked it for loot and continued on our path. Not more than 2 minutes later, we found ANOTHER ATV, this one also on its side, but was able to be flipped. So now we had a perfect condition GAZ and ATV in our possession. We decided to head for the auto factory south of Polana to look for Jerry Cans and additional parts. On our way, we found a drivable Tractor as well! Talk about luck with vehicles.

After some couple of minutes of traveling, we decided to switch servers again cause it was causing massive problems in terms of dc'ing us. So instead of just leaving the vehicles on the road, we blew them up with a grenade. What a blast. (Pun intended)

*NOTE: To the possible owner of that GAZ, thanks for the fun times. ;)

Not a terribly exciting story, but more for the record, and my recollection... My first encounter with other survivors wasn't typical of most I've had since.

It was a pretty exciting session, relatively speaking. I had finally gotten my hands on a weapon, even if it was just a hatchet. Still, I was trying to be careful. In spite of crawling around outside some buildings, I managed to attract the attention of a couple of zeds. I knew enough to head inside to slow their roll and give myself a good swinging chance. No dice, and learning to fight with a hatchet was a skill I'd have to work out later. After taking some hits, I bolted outside kiting zombies like a true noob.

As I'm running through town in circles, I hear voices. At this point I had no idea you were able to speak to other players, so it was a bit startling. There were two of them, and they were asking me if I'd like to be put down so I didn't have to wait to bleed out. I said yes but not so they could hear me. They had started killing some of the zeds that were following me, but when I didn't respond, they took off and left me to my death.

So two dudes, thanks, sorry I didn't know how to take you up on your offer. It was the most decent treatment I've ever gotten from any survivors.

Edited by MacAvalan

My first life I spawned in Elektro, raided the city (first time ever playing the mod), got some nice gear (Allice backpack, M1911 and a silenced MP5). I then went out of the town, then ~20 minutes later I found a crashed chopper, and what were in t? A freaking ghillie suit, so ~30 minutes after I started playing I had a allice backpack, silenced MP5 and a ghillie suit, I then ran all the way up to Stary Sobor, where I struggeled my way though the graphical glitches and found a M16A2 with 3 normal STANAG magazines and 2 SD. I then went over to NWAF where I got shot at, he broke my leg, but I managed to return fire and he then RQ, I bandaged my self, and crawled over to the barracks in hope to find some morphine... But nope, all I found was freaking NVG... So now I had a ghillie suit, M16 and NVG's... Anyways, I then left that server and joined a server with ~2 players on it, and did that for a while, so I could find some morphine (= let it spawn in the barracks). Then later on (some days later), i started playing with a friend, and yeah... We got bored so we decided to kill players (he was looting Elektro, I was sniping, (shot 4 players and one bandit)), and yeah... Long story short; i got shot in the back by someone with a silenced weapon.

But then in my next life, I got on a low player server (5 players on it (not counting me)), and raided Elektro. I found a AK, which I was "Meh :/" about, I'm not a big fan of the AK, but... I guess it's better than a hatchet :P Anyways, then I went over to the "school" (the big thingy next to the store and the pub) in the city and raided that, and I found a freaking ghillie suit.. But that wasn't it, I then went over to the first firestation (if you come in from the town from the West side), and found a Coyote backpack (the biggest one in the game).

So now I got an AK, biggest backpack in the game and a ghillie suit.

I had just reached Rog Por, and was happily looting it out while scouting out my next goal. I consumed a can of drink, and heard what I thought sounded like an echo of it. Not sure what it was, I slowly walked down the cold stone stairs to investigate. Knowing I've had bad relations with every player so far, I was scared that this would be my end. Looking down towards a lonely survivor looting where I had just been, I had only one decision; to kill him before he killed me. I aimed down the iron sights of my AKM, zeroed to what I thought would be the right amount, not that it would matter at that length. A slight movement from him, and I pulled the trigger, with a high bullet sound hitting the hard rocks behind him. Not wanting to risk my life, I shot him at least ten times. "Appeared he died from..." what did he die from? My choice of survival, or the fact that I had one goal, to survive? I finished up my doings, and left the place, stepping over the dead body of a long lost survivor, with blood flowing down the cold stairs to the end of the room.

A sad day today. My server had to do an emergency restart while I was working on my tent. It ate a DMR with eight mags, and an AS-50 with four mags. A truly sad day indeed.

Addendum. My two home servers shut down as well. Total items lost today

27 cooked meats

1 DMR

1 AS-50

1 M107

1 M4A1 CCO DS

3 M4A3 CCO

1 CZ 550

1 MP5SD6

2 PDW

2 G17

1 M9 SD

And several of the more common AK and M4 variants

2 Antibiotics

1 Coyote Pack

62 STANAG mags

13 STANAG SD mags

6 PDW mags

5 M5 SD mags

17 G17 Mags

47 AK Mags

22 AKM mags

8 DMR mags

7 CZ 550 Mags

4 AS-50 Mags

4 M107 Mags

7 M9 SD mags

And untold numbers of frank and beans. A sad day to see all that loot go. Now it's just me and my AKS-74 Kobra. Anybody got a tent?

Edited by amaROenuZ