(Story. 'This isn't an in character story, just my first experience with the game')

So me and my brother both spawn outside of Cherno. Not knowing the ropes of the game, my brother is more than willing to teach me. Though he's younger than me, he has more knowledge of the game. We met at the outskirts of Cherno with a few recognizable landmarks so that I could find him. Once together, we ventured into the city. Cherno surprisingly didn't have too many zombies, though it did give us a bit of a challenge. I eventually learned the abilities on how to avoid zombies, and where to gather food & supplies. After running around cherno and collecting a few things here and there, we decided to head to the hospital to get medical supplies. We run through a fire department building and climb up a tower, checking for supplies. Someone was watching from afar that day; which was not good for me. "KCH!" I heard, and suddenly I had the broken bone icon on my screen. My legs were hit by a sniper.

"MY LEGS!" I jokingly cried out in Skype. My brother, surprised, rushed back down to see what happened. I said, "Did you hear that?!" To which he replied that he didn't hear "J@ck sh!t." That was until a bullet came FLYING through into the tower and almost got his head blown off. He finally joined me on the floor, though he wasn't wounded. We lost connection to the server shortly thereafter. We reconnected on a different one, but things just got more interesting after that.

"The hospitals not far from here, go get me some supplies to heal me with!" I told my brother

"I DONT KNOW WHERE IT IS" he replied

I took it upon myself to direct him to the hospital with my map I had up on google chrome, but when I said something jokingly over the group channel in game, WE GOT A RESPONSE!

The stranger replied, "Hey! I'm coming through the fire station, don't shoot! I'm friendly! I'm just passing through!" He proceeded to deck inside the station and I saw him run from one side to another. Once he'd gotten through and ran through the front entrance, my brother unloaded an entire clip into his back. I yelled at him to not shoot, but it was too late. I was upset at first but then realized how funny the situation was. After a good laugh, I finally directed him to the hospital. Long story short, he got some morphine for my poor legs. The stranger we met came back to the fire station and was armed, somehow. I told him that I told my brother not to shoot, but he did anyway. I was trying to make peace with the stranger when my brother storms out and unloads another clip into him, sending him to the abyss once again.

"He's not going to come back friendly a third time. We gotta get out of here." I told my brother

After reminiscing about how he was trying to quickly respawn back in Churno to whoop our asses, we decided to move on. After gathering medical supplies, we moved through an apartment building and were stopped by something BEAUTIFUL. A FULLY. WORKING. TRACTOR. This badass got up to 40MPH, and since tractors are good with bad terrain, it got that speed even in fields. We took that bad boy up north. We stopped at a town in the central part of the map. Vyshnoye or something along those lines. My map told me that there was gas here, so we stopped to fill up to tractor's tank with our Jerry can. "TACK." "TACK." I was dead. A sniper had picked me off from a tree line north of us. When I finally returned, my brother told me of a car that he found in the town there. It needed the following:

-4 tires

-Engine Parts

-Gas Tank Parts

- Jerry Can (For gas; our other jerry can despawned after the tractor was mysteriously destroyed, and then even more mysteriously fixed itself. Its a bug, I guess)

We went to cherno and found ALL of it in about 20 minutes, out of a stroke of luck. We repaired it, and rode it through Cherno playing "Riding Dirty" over the public voice channel.

Good times.

Edited by Slazors92

Yesterday, respawned yet again because I got killed by bandits, again, and make my way to one of those long buildings in the distance. Inside find only a crossbow and 2 bolts, aggro a Z, lose one bolt killing the Z, can't find it, I'm down to one. I need supplies fast. See one guy start entering the far side of the building, he sees me, he probably just spawned he's got no weapon, starts running. I go after him and we both spot a barn in the distance, we're both trying to get to it first, he's got the upper hand, he runs up the stairs and gets a winchester while I unload my last bolt in his ass from below, HE LIVES. Now that I'm defenseless, I get out with him running at me screaming "Who's running now bitch?". I aggro a shitload of zombie, run back to the barn and go around/inside a dozen times running to get the aggro on him, last time I went around the barn I saw his body in the grass with 3 zombies munching at him. "Whos dying now bitch?". I was laughing so I hard I just died next to him cos I couldn't keep playing properly.

Edited by EchoZeero

I was just exploring one of the army/medical camps near the south coast, I forgot which one because i had been speeding through the game for the past two days, just recklessly running around looking for a fight. I found an m16 because i stumbled across a random heli crash , and two clips, and i was firing into a farm at a player who had an Enfield and was snooping around. A noob appeared behind me, about 150m away, when i turned around and spotted him he went prone. I approached him cautiously, and when i found that he had no weapon, i didnt shoot him. I tried to text him on direct chat (didnt have my mic) but he didnt respond, so probably just a new guy. I let him live, and entered the farm.

I pushed through the farm looking for that guy, but didn't find him. I did hear some gunshots at the nearby medical camp, so i went there. There was already a fight, i saw two guys die, and when i went a bit closer, someone popped out of a corner and we both fired almsot at the same time. He broke my leg and put my blood at 6k, i went down, i dont know if I hit him. I was proned while i blind fired in his direction a few times, then tried to climb back into cover. I saw the bastard try to flank me... he tried going BEHIND the tents to finish me off. At that point, my adrenalne was pumping and I was fighting for my life. I knew I could respawn in five mins if I die, its no biggie, but at that point the testosterone took over and it was about male pride, about survival. When he turned around the corner I was waiting for him. I tapped four times, bam bam bam bam.... he dies.

I was the last man standing, I beat him. I crawled over to his corpse, but to my dismay he didn't have any bandages or morphine. I was slowly but surely bleeding to death. I crawled around the camp looking but finding nothing but corpses, guns, ammo, and sodas. The noob appeared. We looked at each other... then he stalked around probably looking for loot. I just laid there in the middle of the camp, and i dropped my m16 on the ground in front of me. I typed in the text chat "im not gonna make it man.. here take this". I dont know if he read it (can you read direct chat if youre on the group channel?).... but 1 min later i died. Eventually, if he's prudent and checks the bodies, he will find plenty of good loot, the lucky noob. I got my karma, and a great story to boot. Lovin' DayZ!

I had a really funny experience today. I was headed East to Electro, after spawning in Cherno, just jogging down the edge of the train tracks. I came to the point where the road bends, and I thought I saw something move up on the hillside. A shot rang out, and I hit the dirt, and a player's name popped up in the kill/chat area.

I chose to get the hell out fo there, and while serpentining towards some trees, another one came whizzing past me. Followed by yet another kill. I managed to get down into a small depression, and I realized, the sniper I thought was shooting at me, was clearing the bandits off my tail. So I looted the corpses, and made my way up to the shooter. I offered him a magazine for his rifle I'd found, and a 50/50 spilt of the food and sodas, and we sat around his fire for a few minutes just shooting the breeze. All in all, a pretty good day in Dayz.

• Like 1

It was midday on chenarus...and i was playing solo as i came across a lot of engine sounds..so i went prone of course..as i was observing...i saw a bus with 3 players and 2 cars fully loaded with players...driving right next to me, stopped about 25 feet away..and they all got out the vehicles..i could say about a good 75% of them we're fully loaded with weapons and gear..they had NO IDEA i was laying prone silently next to them..i was scared ass hell..playing music on my headset i quickly turned it off..knowing they're probaly speaking in TS3..they we're jsut running around..i guess scouting out the village up ahead..i had a AK47 with 5 mags..a lot of gear..i closely observed them..and then...*POW POW POW POW POW POW* shots were fired...i thought i was a goner...luckily it wasn't me that got shot..it was some scrubb with no gear running desperately toward there vehicles with no weapons..smh lol i survived that day..but im still paranoid from those car engines...

Ok, so I'm pretty new and after one of my many zombie maulings, I spawned near a small group of buildings. Natrually I go into a building to find loot, much to my suprise I find a pair of Binoculars, they seemed nifty and so i pick them up and move to the door. As I leave, I look around, notice the yellow chain thingy I assume means i've got a dodgy connection and then all of a sudden, I get moved back into the house. No problem I think, look arounf, still no zombies around, then I colapse and have a small wound, my blood seeping out really slowly. So I wait around to get up and bandage my self and wonder what happened. And this is the main problem, I sat there for about 12 minutes bleeding out, that's how long I was out for and the hourglass was only half empty.

Does anyone know why this happened, glitch or should I be on the look out for an angry God wanting to smite me where I stand?

I ran through the small clearing in the forest with an M16A2 in hand and saw what I wanted to see. Two green hangers and a control tower. An airfield. "Balota airfield. What a sight for sore eyes," I thought to myself. The feeling of frustration at reading the map wrong disappeared. I was reoriented. I knew where I was. It felt good to not feel completely lost. But enough of that. I was here to loot.

I did my routine check of the forests around the airfield. I didn't want any surprises. I scanned the top of the control tower for movement. Nothing. The zombies didn't seem abnormal. I could see 3 or 4 of them patrolling the runway. All was going to plan.

I quickly made my way to the control tower. The most tense part of looting - going up stairs. Having the low ground. It was terrifying every time. What if someone is up there? Waiting for me? I kept thinking these thoughts as I walked up the stairs. Slowly. Carefully. Almost there. And...

Nothing. No one in the tower. And no loot. Slightly disappointed, I made my way over to the hangers. I decided to go around the back - less zombies meant less bullets wasted. That is when I began hearing voices.

"...Yeah, we were just about to meet up with some of our squad. You can pass on through."

Nothing after that. No more voices.

I was on the alert now, peeking over every corner with my gun on burst fire mode. After waiting a good five minutes, I make my way into the first hanger. Nothing. No people. No loot. Second hanger... Nothing. Again. It seemed like they left.

I decided to look around the small building beside the hangers when I heard shots. Laying prone, I listened. They were coming from the forest north-east of the airfield. I got my gun ready and was about to look around the corner when I heard footsteps. Two pairs of footsteps coming into my area. I aimed down my sights and was ready to shoot.

An unarmed man came around the corner, bleeding and hurt. A zombie followed. I let the unarmed man pass and shot the zombie a few times in the body. The man was a bit shaken, but he was alright after I bandaged him up. But of course the question is: who shot the gun? It obviously couldn't be the unarmed man.

Then he told me about the group that supposedly left him "safe passage." They apparently shot him in the back. That was what I heard in the hangers. He then told me there was around 8 of them.

By now, I was pretty scared. 8, according to him, well armed players in a squad against me, with an M16 and M1911, and an unarmed player. Using the powers of x-ray goggles, (3rd person looking over walls FTW!) I spotted two people in the forest behind the wall. They were pretty far away and under the cover of trees and bushes. I figured I would take a few pot shots at them anyway. I popped my gun around the corner and started spraying in their general direction. I didn't know if I killed any of them, but it seemed like the shots scared them away, as I couldn't see anymore movement in the forest.

I didn't bother chasing. There were 8 people, I would have been easily out-gunned. But me and my new friend now had the airfield all to ourselves. After a few minutes, I had to leave and he was still unarmed, so I gave him my M1911 and bid him a farewell.

Edit: Wow that looked a lot shorter when I wrote it. Also, this is why you shouldn't shoot unarmed players. :P

Edited by ShinySnack
  • Like 1

Yesterday.... Day 1, 119 kills, 1 murder (sorry "bub"), zeds chased me into getting lost in the northern wilderness for hours with no map, or compass, eventually starving, dehydrating; after hours of walking I stumble upon 2 vehicles in a small clearing!

I gear up with top notch weapons, and eat, but there were no beverages.

Driving south in a pickup like a boss... a few kilometers down the rode... game crashes and of course on spwaning I'm on foot again, but I still have the gear I found.

I walk for another 5 or 10 minutes and come upon a large guild camp!

1 member was working on a new vehicle, while 2 others milled about.

I didn't have a silenced rifle, and it would not have been wise to take on 3 guys either way, so I waited.

After only a few minutes all 3 drove off in 3 separate vehicles, and I was left to raid the camp uninhibited!

Here I found even more awesome rare gear, but still no beverages, map, or compass (plenty of food though).

Another frantic few minutes of checking the area and I quickly became aware that the guild members could return at any moment and beat a hasty retreat out into the wilderness once more. After heading South again I safely situated myself in thick wilderness just outside of a large mid-map town before I logged off to take a break, and hoped to come back to find a drink for my character later.

Returning to the game I logged into a different server partially out of fear of retribution from the clan for my brazen thievery, and partially because I found a server to my liking with only 6 other players on it. I spawned at the edge of town and without a fear in the world began circling the town for a proper hole in the zombie pattern where I could safely breach the town perimeter and search for a Pepsi.

As I'm stupidly crab walking in a circle around the town in plain sight in a field, I'm sniped dead.

The End.

• Like 2

I've actually just started publishing me and my girlfriends DayZ en devours on reddit, written in a journal kind of style. Hope you guys like it :)

Here:

Entry one

Entry two

I spawned south to Berezino, and as I was pushing the "respawn" button, I heard "hey you, im friend! come in!".

Wow.

I began to follow this hatchet man, as at first I was looking for another hatchet to backstab him, just because I wanted him to open a new bandits-complaining's tread on the forum.

But I didn't.

We started cooperating and loot Berezino, I found a m4a1 CCO, a Coyote backpack and he got a silenced m9.

When we left Berezino, he started to say that he has heard a gunshot, from a silenced weapon, to the north.

Since I didn't hear nothing, we started approch a group of trees.

He wanted me to check the north with my gun (that wasn't scoped), but i had the better idea to go west and avoid the sniper.

In the meanwhile, I got stuck on a tree, so I disconnected and reconnected.

He said that another shoot was fired while I was reconnecting.

So, I started to feel suspicious.

We run to a deer stand, i kept an eye on him, that was following me, and I saw him hide behind a bush.

"They broke my leg" he said.

I turned back, and a survivor jumped out the same bush, with the exatly black clothes and the same gun of my "friend", and started to shoot me.

I started to shoot him back, then I went into the bush and finished him.

My "friend" said that I killed him, and the other bad survivor disconnected...

Strangely, I got a bandits killed +1, that happens only when you kill somebody that shoots you.

Now, I'm still alive in Berezino.

No sign of the sniper with the silenced gun and no one reconnected there.

It was fun, expecially because i survived.

Here it is part of the steam chat log after his dead, where i previously say that I killed him because he was backstabbing me.

(im daki87 :D)

Ruden: i liked u a lot

DaKi87: well here we are again

DaKi87: it's always such a pleasure

DaKi87: remember when you tried to kill me twice?

Ruden: ?

Ruden: when ?

DaKi87: Oh how we laughed and laughed

Except I wasn't laughing

Under the circumstances

I've been shockingly nice

Ruden: i never tried to kill you

DaKi87: You want your freedom?

DaKi87: Take it

DaKi87: that's what im counting on

Ruden: :D

Ruden: ?

DaKi87: I used to want you dead

Ruden: :o

Ruden: when ?

DaKi87: but now I only want you gone

Edited by federik21
  • Like 3

My name is Cloudo and this is my story...

So my story begins on the outside of electro one of the most fierce fighting grounds in this horror ridden world of fighting to survive, having only just spawned I had this overwhelming sense of this time it was going to be different.. this time I am going to make something of myself... this time its will be worth it I kept telling myself. As I headed up the hill checking out the surroundings carefully keeping my head down and moving as silent as the wind I decided to move in.

As progression went further I was deeper in electro hearing all the gun shots around me of bandits, players who knows? I decided to keep my head down after looking around for a good 20 minutes for a weapon I was out of luck, hadn't even come across a hatchet or any firearms, I was practically naked in a danger infested shithole where a person with no morals would sooner shoot you for kicks instead of taking interest in your oh so precious bandage and painkillers.

As I went along I decided to check out the apartments hoping with everything I had I could at least find something to defend myself with... As I came around the corner of the hospital I realised there was a survivor on the roof of the apartments..

I decided to give it a risk and take a chance, minding my footsteps for the amount of noise they made I slowly made my way up the first flight of stairs..

At this point I could feel my chest tighten with the anxious feeling of curiosity as I slowly worked my way up the second flight of stairs. * Tap tap tap* all I could hear was the sound of my feet slowly making progress to the top of my glimmer of hope.

Finally out on the roof at the foot of the ladder easing my way to the top so slowly at this point my heart is in my mouth hoping this guy was going to be ok. *Ting ting ting* I finally hit the top of the ladder and there's a guy there...

"Hey man i'm friendly don't shoot me ok?, i'm unarmed"

The guy turns around and points his gun at me.

Time slows for an instant in what seemed a lifetime..

BANG!..

I was hit with a barrage of gunshots while I screamed at him " what are you doing im friendly i've got no gun!... I'm unarmed you fucking moron! are you blind??!"

Stumbling to the side about to jump of the side of the roof I fell and hit the 2nd floor with a crack and with that my leg was broken.

But as I hit the second floor I was on the ledge outside wall.

4000 blood it was rapidly declining vision was blurring rapidly already but I managed to bandage myself.

I was alive somehow and confused as to why he just opened fire on me...

The thought kept repeating in my head your done for why not commit suicide?

But I decided to stay alive till the very end, Stuck on a ledge with a broken leg and no where to go zeds on the opposite side of the wall trying to eat me but lucky for me the wall was keeping me alive.

I looked left and looked right looked left again and Fuck me! I fell and hit the ground floor and started bleeding again.

This time I was up shit creek without a paddle no bandages bleeding zeds and bandits about the fall might as well have killed me but it didn't..

Laid there thinking shit this is the end I was hopeless, 2000 blood and declining I decided to crawl to the market.

1900, 1800, 1500 1200 900, Im inside the market place laid at the back desperately looking for a bandage to sort my problems.

At this point it was unbearable to even see and the was a deafening high pitch scream of not being able to hear around me, thinking oh god this is it lights out shortly 700 blood and a guy appears in front of me through the front door.

Not Knowing if he can hear me I bellowed " hey im unarmed, im bleeding and ive got a broken leg can you help me?"

He walked up to me slowly and bandaged me up I had only 300 blood to spare.

Seeing he had stopped my bleeding I was grateful, He then sat above me with his gun pointing at my head. My heart started going erratic thinking oh great this is surly the last part of the story for me. I closed my eyes waiting to hear the crack of a gunshot.

A moment passed and I could hear again colour had come back into the screen I was at 12000 blood, I was shocked. I could hear him speaking "yo you ok?" he patched me up he gave me a gun and I stuck with him from that point this guy's name was PureEvuls.

I owed him my life it was a debt I had added to my mind and heart and it was a debt I was gunna keep close to him while we adventured through this shit storm of a world.

Just goes to show even when the shit has truly hit the fan its not over until you breathe your last breath...

Part2 ( The Role reverses)

Later there was 4 of us Me, Danny, MonkeyWayne and PureEvuls. We had done some looking around and I had a cz550 with me complete with 4 mags ( oh boy lucky me :D ) we decided to stick around electro because Evuls was looking for food and Wayne was looking for an alice pack I already had enough to keep me going for a few days,but I was there to help my friends. And turns out I had been Complimented as a Guardian Angel with that sniper in my had had helped a few times(Evuls being impressed at over a 900km kill when the effective radius of a cz550 is only 800km, so all in all I had earned my place as the watchman).

To Fast forward a bit ( This post is pretty long so I hope you are enjoying reading :D) The shit hit the fan while in china town (electro ;P) Evuls was down and bleeding on the roof of the apartments, Wayne had been gunned down in the streets. Both bleeding both needing my help. Shit shit shit shit shit! I was panicking in my head. I brought up my scope looked at the fire houses..... All Clear The apartment roof.... Clear... Then I noticed movement on the roof of the hospital.

That's who took my friend D:< I thought setting the scope on my rifle to zero at 400km I focused on his movement carefully waiting for the perfect shot... 1.... 2.....3.....4.... He paused... Bang! with a thunderous crack the shot echoed all over electro, the bullet him him in the side of the head. "The target is down" I said to my friends. Then I noticed movement in the corner of the hospital roof another bandit. It explains why both my friends dropped with ease.

Lining up this shot was harder she knew where the shot came from and was at what I could guess fearful. I only had about 2mm on my screen to hit her head.. pausing carefully holding my breath I steadied the scope. Bang.. This shot was perfection in the making 2 shots 2 kills the making of a marksmen.

As we went on I rushed in to the town on the roof with my pistol out just incase I encountered any more resistance, Finally hitting the roof there he was laid there bleeding out I didn't like the feeling of being a target on the roof while I patched him up so I dragged him in to one of the rooms where I could fix him up. A minute later Evuls was back on his feet and ready to go. Wayne was still down I told Evuls to go and patch Wayne up while I provide over watch while placing the supplies to get him up A blood bag an epi-pen painkillers and morphine.

I climbed on the roof while Evuls patched Wayne up then a few minutes later we where all back in the game and scuttled to the outskirts of electro to move on.

But most of all I had repaid my debt a Life for a Life and the making of a good Friendship. We role as a group and as a unit looking out for each other as we go...

This is my Story

~Cloudo~

Hope you enjoyed this, also if you like to see what we have been doing check out www.youtube.com/cloud1500 for Dayz videos.

• Like 3

I'm pissed. I was just playing the best Dayz game I'd ever had. I was playing a solo game. After a few game sessions I found a fallen survivor. I couldn't believe how much stuff the guy had. He had an MP5 with three clips, M1911 with a ton of clips, ALICE pack, Makarov with a ton of clips, hunting knife, matches, hatchet, and a bunch of other stuff. It didn't make sense to me how he died carrying all that stuff and weaponry.

Anyway, I loaded up on all his stuff and took whatever I didn't already have. I had never actually found all the items needed to get my own food from animals before. My character was pretty powerful. I ate food, changed weapons, eventually found a really nice AK and completely filled the ALICE pack with cooked steaks and medical supplies from the hospital in Cherno. I racked up 88 zombie kills and zero player kills. It was a good game.

But then I started to get bored. There was nothing else to do at which point I made a mistake. I had logged out near the military base/airfield behind cherno. When I rejoined I decided to run into cherno and check out the industrial area. I thought to make a goal to collect vehicle parts so that I might be able to repair a car or helicopter or something.

So I'm running towards Cherno with all my awesome gear and ALICE pack full to the brim and then somebody just snipes me in the back. my character fell to the ground with broken bones. I tried to turn around to fire back but had no idea where it came from. One more shot was fired and it was over. It was a crappy way to end that game. Too bad as I had plenty to medical stuff and food to heal myself had there been more time. I could have been more careful running towards Cherno but man... what a bummer :/

Edited by matacks

I spawn, it's night out,

One zed makes it self known as it sprints toward us, wanting to test my enfield I take aim and fire off a round, little did I know of the sound it would create. From the darkness, six became twelve, and twelve became fifteen, and fifteen became a number I didn't stick around to count. Exclaiming "RUN!" to my comrade, we made haste through the village gates, running through coordiors of warehouses. Along the way we lost eachother, I broke from the combines of the villa and hit the ocean waves. For 2 long minutes I awaited the oncoming horde expecting, for 2 minutes I heard various gunshots whom I could only assume was my comrade defending himself.

are you telling me zombies can see clearly at night??! i havent played at night yet but if they can see you well enough to chase you down easily that seems unrealistic, unless you have flares around at the time of the attack

So interesting situation in the Cherno docks.

After a annoying experience with hackers, me and a few guys decide to just hit up Cherno for some medical supplies and to just raise a little hell at the same time since we were heading there to pick up someone with our PBX.

In our arsenal we have me with an M4A3 CCO and M1911, Our zombie killer with a Silenced M4A1, Heavy Gunner with an M249, Sniper with an AS50 (Useless because it was night) and the guy we were picking up who had the same as me (We found a tent with one so i carried it for him).

We roll out with the PBX to head to Cherno docks and on the way our sniper bugs out and ends up falling out of the boat and on the coast, so we tell him run up to the docks from where he fell (Komarovo) and we'll meet him there.

Us two with the M4A3's wait at the docks while the PBX heads north to pick up our other guy, so we wait and entertain ourselves watching two guys having a flashlight war by the industrial building, eventually the sniper says he's close, so we tell him to run along the beach and not on the dock so he doesn't get shot, however he gets killed just before he gets there. After a little discussion we decide to try and scout his body till he gets back and we see someone looting it. We start firing since we aren't letting someone get our AS50 and NVG's. Kind of difficult at 400m's but we manage to kill him, just at that moment we come under sniper fire, so we hide behind a wrecked car trying to figure out where the shots come from.

2 minutes later, my partner gets shot and dies, so i'm left trying to just survive while the PBX gets back (Now picking the two guys up from Otmel) and after about 20 minutes i get shot once, i move around the car and bandage up, slowly proning down to the bank out of sight of the city and start crawling to the warehouse a few metres away. Half way up the coast, the PBX arrives so we all take up positions, 2 on the top floor and 2 on the bottom. Our sniper is sitting in the corner since he had no night vision and couldn't see.

We scan the docks and buildings as best we can, fog making it hard to see anywhere that far, taking fire every few minutes, eventually after about 40 minutes, our guy with the silenced M4 decided to move back to where we got shot at near the end of the dock to try and get a visual. Another guy goes to provide back up (And we decided that NVG's had to be saved if someone died) so they head out, no sight of anyone, then we hear the engine of our PBX start, they run out and see our boat driving away, was annoying but more urgent matters since were still taking fire.

After this me and my partner (M4A3's) head down along the beach to flank through the city, getting shot at a few times before crawling our way to the mainland. We decide to make a run from the beach to the shed thing that was fenced in on all but one side, i make it through but my partner gets taken out inches before the fence. He's pissed since now he's died twice, so i save his good stuff (Weapon, NVG's and Tools) and then hide the body, since i didn't want newbies coming to check the body requiring me to shoot them to save his stuff.

After about another 20 minutes, since i'm waiting for my partner to get back from Otmel, we decide to send our sniper out as bait, with a flashlight to run down the docks like an idiot to making him shoot and give us his location, we figure out that he's in a three story warehouse across to dock, so our guy runs in to try and get him to move into a line of sight window. No ones up there when he gets there, so he runs down the docks more and no shots are being fired any more.

So our sniper runs to his corpse and to our surprise all of his stuff is still there, AS50, Coyote Backpack, NVG's and Rangefinders, plus the other tools and items, after a little more we decide to call it quits, coming to determine it was invisible players, either by hacking or glitch, since our silenced guy ran past the PBX and down past where it was parked without seeing anyone, nor did we see anything but the muzzle flash when we saw the sniper shooting at us. Or the guy just chickened out and ALT-F4'd.

Now i deal with "I'd have my -insert tool here- if Momiji didn't hide my body" every day.

I will keep this brief where possible as its pretty long so far.

I spawned on the beach with no idea which way to go. I searched nearby buildings and found a 1911 but not much more. I headed east as I had been told stories about a medical camp and airstrip somewhere along the coast.

I ran for along the sea front for around 30 minutes until to my shock I came across another survivor running in my directions towards me. I dove for cover, reloaded my pistol (again!) and said 'FRIENDLY!!'. Instantly he spotted me and dove for cover. Seconds passed with no reply so I said 'FRIENDLY??'. After around 30 seconds he opened fire and bullets whizzed over my head. I rolled to the left and fired around 5 shots from the 1911, this was an unfair battle, he had an AK-47 and I had a pistol and 1 clip... I dont know how but by the 5th shot the firing stopped, I must have hit him? I fired another shot and he died...

I was in shock from what had just happened, why did he attack me? I felt guilty that I had just killed another player - but he had opened fire first so I was trying to convince myself that it was OK. I approached cautiously incase there was more than one but I couldnt see anyone else. I looted his body, took an AK-47 and 3 clips, a map, and a few other bits and pieces. The shock of what happened hit me hard and made me play twice as cautiously as I had been doing - constantly looking in all directions for any threats...

Further east I spotted the medical part of the airfield on the coast. I couldnt get into the medical part as there were just too many zombies but I needed food and ammo so I thought I would go to the airfield. As I approached the airfield someone else spotted me from a distance - bam bam bam, they opened fire without even asking questions. Again I dove to cover, returned fire and they retreated into the building next to the 2 hangars. I took this opportunity to crouch run towards and around to the right - around a wall. I moved behind his position and waited. He popped out facing where I was stood previously and I took him down with a couple of shots. 10 seconds later someone else pops out (there were 2 in there) and fires a me, again I return fire taking him down.

After around 3 hours of playing this was now 3 people that had tried to kill me - no questions asked and by some minor miracle I had survived all 3 encounters. The impact this has on you, and how it affects your dealing with others in future is immense.

I continued to gather equipment from along the coast line - I hit some sea front 3 story factory building or something there, found a hatchet and a bigger bag, compass and knife. Found 2 warehouses on the front clearly previously visited - barbed wire all around protecting a tent. I looted it 'sociably', taking much needed food and replacing the tent stock with bandages and morphine I had found earlier. I eventually came across the first main town and went into the church. Similar story here with regards to barbed wire everywhere - this was clearly an area of dispute as there was a lot of gunfire nearby. I quickly gathered a few bits of food, ran outside and lit the barrel to cook some meat I had harvested a few minutes previously from my first animal kill.

Seconds later I started crawling in the church yard towards the corner to take stock of my inventory and I then heard a LOT of zombies coming my way.... I froze but was ready to fight or flight. A survivor ran straight past me in the shrubs with 10 zombies following. He ran into the church, I heard a few shots - that was enough for me, I let him go his way (I had him in my sights, I just let him be) and I was gone like a bullet to the east, trying to make as little noise as possible.

I very cautiously moved to the east and north a little, raiding a hotel where I found a bigger backpack, and a few odds and ends. Once it had gone dark the fun started... Gun fire outside, from multiple directions. A torch light started flashing in my direction, I could hear footsteps coming my way, I raised my gun and hoped that whoever it was would just turn around and go away - they did before they go to me in the back room of the hotel...

The next day I carefully explored what looked like a town hall or school and managed to grab supplies I would need for my trip towards the mountains. After leaving there I eventually ran into some medical tents to the east. There were 3 or 4 dead bodies there - this was a dangerous place to be, It took me almost 25 minutes to check the 5 or 6 tents because I had to move so very slowly and keep checking cover and corners. In there I found a LOT of morphine, blood bags, epi pens - why I was carrying this stuff I dont know as I was solo and couldnt use these on myself, I figured I might be able to trade or help someone... It started to get very dark and I move away from the tents ASAP to avoid whoever had killed the 3 or 4 survivors and I camped out in a nearby wood for the night (after filling my water containers in the nearby pond).

The following day I moved north, climbed a few radio masts to the top, used binoculars to look for anything of interest etc, I was worried I might be a sniper target but there was no better way to survey the area to see what might be worth my valuable walking time. I explored every building on the way up north and west, eventually coming to the first castle I had found. I managed to gather food and drink from the castle but quickly moved on, to avoid other survivors (or bandits). At this point I spent a lot of time moving west and north through the villages, hills and woods there. I found a crashed chopper and managed to get more ammo for the AK, but barely got away from the nearby zombies - I had to run for litterally 20 minutes to get rid of them as there were no nearby buildings for cover. At some point in the north hills I found a tent, I hope it wasnt yours as I raided it for a few key supplies, but I left you a blood pack and an epi pen - I had loads of them with no one to assist ;) I only took an AK clip and some cola I think. As I started to run out of food and water I got a little disoriented at this point (even with compass) and ended up going around in some very long circles...

Eventually I found a town somewhere in the west - I stood in the churchyard as I couldnt get into the church, camped in the corner to check my gear out. Suddenly I heard a vehicle!! I couldnt believe it, someone had managed to get one running!! It sounded like they were looking for survivors, I assumed they were hostile and hid in bushes as best as I could. The vehicle left after 30 seconds or so - my heart was racing.

I headed north and mostly east, passed more villages, mountains, found another chopper, basically I was doing OK, but I had run out of food. I ran around a village looking for food with a dozen zombies following... I seriously underestimated how much ammo and food I needed and got beaten to the ground with a broken leg. I shot in all directions wasting almost two clips of AK ammo. I managed to fix the leg with morphine but my health was around 7000. I had not eaten in ages and started to feel the effects of starvation. My health started dropping 10 points ever few seconds, I put a few bandages on for good measure but it wasnt the leg it was starvation. I searched for ages until I had eventually only 3000 blood left, my vision was blurred so bad and so often that I could barely see anything at all. I felt like this was the end, the journey was over, I couldnt get out of this, it was too hard... I had one last burst of energy and decided to try and run around the village I had just found on the off chance that maybe one door was open and there might be a couple of cans of meat inside. I ran down a hill, through several gardens and could not believe what I had in front of me- a SUPERMARKET! I ran as fast as I could with the ensuing 10 or so zombies behind me, I was litterally seconds away from passing out and ultimately death. I ran into the door, found a can of meat, and a tin of cola and consumed these before turning to deal with the now dozen or so zombies entering the shop. I had survived all odds.

After camping out that shop and making 2 or 3 trips to the airfield NW of there I managed to hunt cows and recover my health to 12000, pretty much fill my inventory with rare stuff from nearby chopper crashes and the airport. I decided this was an 'untouched' area, so I would camp here for a few days to explore anything nearby. I logged back in later today and found to my horror was faced with 2 dead players in that building - someone had been there minutes or seconds earlier and killed these two players. They were both as well kitted as me, infact they had milatary torches that I hadnt found but they had GPS, rare weapons etc, pretty much same as me minus the NVG. I could tell they had been around and had as many challenges as I had faced. I was gutted by this, who would kill people in cold blood - they had been shot from behind. I was so paranoid I left the building and the area ASAP, watching every direction incase I was being followed by their killer.

• Like 2

I spawned west of Elektro,at night. With nothing on me I decided to loot the west fire station. As I neared the station, I saw a a few small lights near the power plant. They weren't chemlights or flares though. Only as I got closer could I make out the silhouette of a helicopter. Knowing better than to bother someone with so much to loose, I proceeded to loot the fire station. I heard an explosion while I was in the fire station, but didn't really think much of it.

After I was finished with the fire station I had a small amount of gear and armed with only a PDW with a g17 mag in it. I headed towards the hospital to get what I needed to be prepared in the wilderness. When I made it to the hospital I threw a chem light and a can at the window, but it didn't break. Quickly I realized I was just stupid, and all the glass was gone, not even shards on the edges. I kind of assumed that whoever owned the helicopter had thrown or shot a grenade at the glass, and went inside. When I looked up after I got the supplies I needed, I saw that everything was bright out, and the sky was literally on fire. I was heading north out of the city when I saw two burned out helicopters near the power plant, about 15 feet apart, with a man in a ghillie suit pointing at the sky with an M9 SD. I assumed he was AFK and went on my way. I turned around a few hundred feet away from the crash and went back check out the crash some more. When I got close I heard the familiar sound of flies buzzing all over. I found an M9 SD and a few mags on his body. Everywhere around the fire was bright out until Mt.Dobryy blocked any view of the fire

My only other really weird DayZ experience happened when I was searching for a server. I joined a random server with only a few people on it,but instead of Dayz, It was the point of view of a crow flying over a town in Chernarus. When I pressed A and D, I could steer the crow. I left the server soon after.

Edited by Lord_Karnage

This happened

Then I drove to Stary where I found a CZ550 and a GPS in 2 of the tents and in woods next to the tents I found two dead survivors. One of them had a Cayote backpack and an M14 AIM, I thought I had extreme luck, then i went up the hill and there was a helicopter crash site with a M249 SAW, FN FAL and DMR. I couldn't believe my luck.

Edited by SadPanda

Okay so late night me and my friends found a hacker area with cars and about 100 tents and stuff in them all... we just took a bus and quad left a bike that one of us brought there and we were off to get some fuel both vehicles were low we head to some town that seems good to get some fuel quad runs outta fuel about half way to the town so i ditch it in the woods. we come up on a few buildings no loot yet so we wait and shut off the headlights...i then say do u guys hear a bike??? friend says yes lets gtfo here driver starts the bus and theres a guy with a saw lighting us up right when the lights go on...i jump out and kill him he kills one of my friends and then the guy ninja logs to lose nothing. was a scary night..

i guess i'll post this here instead of making a new thread,

So me and my bro had/have 40+ day old characters, we've survived a lot together, rampant hordes of zombies while trapped in the military tents in stary (the only gun i had sounded like an artillery gun when fired, so every zombie i had to kill just attracted 10 more) a few encounters with other people (by a few i mean about 3, every time we were fired upon) the epic bugs and glitches of the game (camo got me teleported to the sea of the damned, lost all my stuff but managed to keep my life and sanity, it was a very long and cold swim to the coastline) we mostly played on servers that were in the early hours of the morning, which might be a reason for our survival.

any way, my 40+ day spree came to an end today ='[ it was a normal day in chernarus. we had ventured into a mid-day server as we were playing earlier than usual (all our servers were still to dark to play) the sun was blazing down on our backs as we took in the beautiful views and scenery as we headed forth to raid another town on our way back to the NE airfield. so far everything was going to plan (apart from a laggy server) *server switch* so anyway we looted a few places and carried on our path. few dead zombies here, few empty cans there. we eventually got to the outskirts of Krasnostav and thought we'd try our luck for a tent in the super market. (i lost mine when i was taken to the sea of the damned)

we slowly approached, checking high and low for the living living while cautiously avoiding the living dead. everything seemed to be going smoothly. we got to the first lootable building on our root through the town... empty tin cans ¬.¬ empty whisky (one day i'll find a full bottle) our age old friend server lag comes and pays us a visit so we have a little scuffle with a few zombies that spotted our defenceless laggy bodies. after putting them to rest we slowly made our way through the town. puting down those zombies that came a bit to close. finally we reached the super market, where things would change.

we checked around, no one was about. so we entered the super market, swept the rooms closed the doors and got to work checking the loot. no tent (no surprise there) anywaay, the usual supermarket loot was there, bandages, painkillers, ammo for weapons we don't have tin cans ect. we were just getting ready to leave. my bro was just grabbing a bandage when all of a sudden *pop pop pop* i drop to the ground ***you are dead*** (been awhile since i saw that screen) i quickly informed my brother of the uninvited guest that just greeted me. and they both fell into a stand off in the super market. my bro kept getting hit but did not get killed. but he couldn't see the guy shooting him.

so i re spawn and make haist to meet up with my brother and help deal with this troubled youth. i'm charging a long the coast with my torch and bandage in hand. ready blind any zombie or player that dares get's in my way.

my bro's giving me status reports on the stand off as i get nearer and nearer. he makes it out the super market a short way before he starts getting fired upon again. yet again this mysterious gunman can not be spotted. my bro get's to the tree line and discovers an ATV "haha i've just got on his ATV" we both laugh at the cruel hand karma has just dealt our new friend. we agree upon a meet up point.

as we both reach our meet up point (and my bro flips the ATV ¬.¬) all of a sudden we start hearing gunfire whiz around us (bearing in mind there was only 7 people on this server, and we were being fired upon by the same sounding silenced gun as what was being used against us in the supermarket) we panic slightly *waves arms in the air and runs in circles* thanks to my coastal jog i have a massive herd of flesh eating minions behind me. i decide that they'll do a lot more damage to our friend than my torch or bandage could ever dream of. at this point i have lost sight of my bro. after running around a bit and seeing the fallen bodies of my zombie army i can't seem to see our gunman anywhere.

so i give the zombie army the slip (shaun of the dead style) and go to meet my brother in a dock yard hanger. he's already inside. as i run around the corner i see something that stunned me. a row of vehicles parked down the docks. ATVs, Helis and the like. i run in the hanger telling my brother what i saw.

our new friend was a hacker... and he was frantically spawning vehicles to try and draw us out. needless to say we disconnected from the server.

unfortunately we did not get his name. as *we think* he had made himself invisible. my bro said at one point after he escaped the super market, he id in a tree. he heard a person walking past only a meter or so away. but yet could not see anyone. also on reflection we came to the conclusion the guy had teleported from the supermarket to where me and my brother met. (no one can run that far and keep up with a vehicle) he started firing almost as soon as my bro crashed the ATV.

now don't get me wrong' my character had taken a lot of bashing from the patches and updates and was bugged out seriously bad. it's done me a favour to start again with a fresh character. i just wish my old one could have ended in a more fair and dignified way, like maybe being sniped while raiding cherno. or blown up by a crashing heli. but hey it is what it is and i got death by 1337 h4x0r.

the best part is, despite all his best efforts. this hacker was terrible. even with his invisibility, he could not kill a person that was alerted to his presence. he could of easily just walked in and killed my bro in the super market. we figured the first ATV was a trap like the ones outside the hanger, he expected my bro to jump straight he fired just as my bro hit the deck to check it out. he didn't even hit my bro or the ATV once as he escaped. he didn't hit any of us while we were flailing about at our meet up spot.

so yeh, not only did i get H4x0r3d to death. but it was by a h4x0r that relied on the pure element of surprise and a shift quick bullet to the back of the skull.

Ah well. onwards and upwards i suppose.

i realise this is a lot of text. but i'm bored and was looking for something to do. so if you read through it, i hope you enjoyed my untimely death

TL:DR

40+ day old character killed by hacker

• Like 1

Me and my friend had looted some bandits for the top gear in the game: barrets, ghillie suits, M4 SD and L85A2, GPS, NVG, you get the idea. We also happened to have one satchel charge on us. After accomplishing everything loot-wise, there was only one thing to do: go to NW airfield and blow up a barracks.

We approached the northern barracks with extreme care, and eventually I sneaked inside. Everything was looted and the place was empty. I placed the charges in one of the side rooms and we went into the woods near the barracks, prone under a spruce, waiting for our pray.

Moments later, couldn't have been more than 2-5 minutes, a survivor approached us. I couldn't see him but my friend said he was coming right towards him. We lied still, our hearts racing, hoping he doesn't see us, staying our trigger fingers. He ran right past our tree, aggroing a couple of zeds. I was ready to touch off the bomb but it seemed he pussied out and turned back to the gate. A single zed walked right in front of me, and I have to say, a zed hasn't gotten my heart pounding like that since my early days in DayZ.

Moments later the survivor came back. My friend first spotted zeds aggroing near the gate, and we watched as he ran full-on to the door of the barracks, pulling a huge zed train with him. We got up on our knees to see better, and as he got to the door and disappeared inside the barracks, I touched off the bomb.

What a glorious moment. There was a blast and the whole building was engulfed in smoke and dust. I got up and saluted towards that magnificent view, and as the dust settled there was only a pile of rubble and zeds running into the ruins, breaking their legs on the shattered remains.

This was probably the first time I have killed purely for fun. But I have to say, I do not regret it one bit, because it was FUCKING AWESOME ^_^

are you telling me zombies can see clearly at night??! i havent played at night yet but if they can see you well enough to chase you down easily that seems unrealistic, unless you have flares around at the time of the attack

No, they can't.

You can run through the middle of a town and only aggro a few, then lose most of them just by running in a straight line.

Yesterday, I traveled the whole of the map without killing a single person.

I started in Cherno with two buds. We made a dash for NW Airfield, considering we'd never been there and wouldn't lose anything if we did. We got to Green Mountain and decided to take a break. When we logged back in, my friend spawned back in in Prigorodky, but he still had all his loot and stuff (this has happened to him 2 times now). 1 down, I guess.

Me and my other friend logged in, and almost immediately heard an M24 shot. It was close. Probably that big tower we logged out next to (tell me about our stupidity, eh?). We ran into the forrest and proned. Nothing for about 5 minutes. I decided we should move on. Just then, another shot rang out. Probably another M24, but distant. Someone died. We booked it across an open field, and got to the next treeline. We stopped to collect ourselves, then we got shot at AGAIN. Had to be an AK. 5 bullets landed in a neat arc right to the left of me. I yelled out "Shots! Shots fired! We're moving, Paul!" I essentially hauled him up, and we were flying north again.

Eventually, we saw a long house. We got in and waited for about 20 minutes. No sign of people, and no shots. We moved on, and found another long house. My friend decided he had to go eat, so he logged off. I waited there for about 15 minutes, and he came back and when he logged in, he logged in dead. No idea. No shots were fired, nothing. I sighed, and moved on. 2 down.

I went north a bit more, and found myself in Vybor. I decided to just pass through and stop at a barn just north of it. No notable loot, but I took a moment to collect my thoughts, and know that I'd probably be dying as soon as I got in there. I ate some beans and drank a coke for what I knew would be my last meal.

I reloaded, and ran north. I found the barracks, and about 30 zombies. I killed all of them, at the cost of my legs which was remedied by some morphine and a meat. I went into the barracks and found absolutely NOTHING. Just some ammo for my AKM and that was it. I moved north and found myself on the airfield. I wondered if I should sneak or if I should just run. I decided that running was better and easier. Harder to hit if I just book it and run.

I ran for the first hangar, and all I found was an M9 SD and a mag. I put that in my bag, since I wanted my 1911 for now. I looted all the hangars, and nothing was found except for one mag for the M9 and my AKM. Seriously dissappointed. I checked the firestation, and nothing was there either.

I decided to check the ATC tower, and lo and behold, there was an M4 and mags. I loaded up, put my AKM in my bag, and moved out. I went to Berezino, where I met up with my two friends from earlier. I gave one the AKM, and the other the M9. We went back south and logged off in Cherno.

Edited by a_casual_banana

I reloaded, and ran north. I found the barracks, and about 30 zombies. I killed all of them, at the cost of my legs which was remedied by some morphine and a bloodbag.

Wait, how did you bloodbag yourself? And that sounds like a lot of running.

Wait, how did you bloodbag yourself? And that sounds like a lot of running.

Jeez, I didn't mean blood bag...

I meant meat lol.

And it was. Not a single vehicle was found.