I don't have much story's, but what i do have are pretty entertaining but short.

1. My friend and I are heading to Cherno to pick up our friend, when we see two survivors being chased by zombies. We risk dieing and head to their aid, we shout friendly in chat and they reply the same! At least we're not gonna die today I thought to myself (I was wrong) We talk and go to the church while my friend spawns in there. We all group up and head to the sniping spot in Cherno so our two friends can cover us as we loot. We get to the tents and loot when I realize, I still havn't seen our friends on the tower. I tell my friends and we hurry to the tower, and when we arrive we see a guy starting to climb the ladder we say "HEY!" and he replied with "Hey?" I climb right behind him and when i get to the top, I see my friend and the guy shoot each other. We all get to the top and its a blood bath... Three dead bodys, three alive people. Doing what any survivor does we loot them, just to have our sniper buddy arrive! He starts off with "So you guys decided to kill us, eh?" and we quickly explained what happend. We're just talking up there when all of a sudden *BANG!* a sniper bullet zooms past our new friends head. We all get down and scout around, two more shots and we're panicing. My friend says "I think I see him! Down there!". We all look and BOOM, our new friend gets taken out. We're scrambling and BOOM, my friend who "thought" he saw the sniper gets taken out. I get taken out next and all thats left is my friend who spawned in the church. Being fairly new to the game we told him to camp the ladder. I spawn in Prigordski and my friend spawns in Cherno. We all rush to the tower. Right when I see my friend my other one says "I GOT HIM! HE CAME UP THE LADDER AND I SHOT HIM! DANNY HE HAS A GOOD SNIPER!" (My friend Danny really wanted a sniper). We climb the tower to find a DMR and a Ghillie Suit on him, which my friend takes. Basicaly we get kitted out when I spot in the distance (Without binos, I do say) a guy running around with a hatchet. He starts climbing a crane I think it was, and he's standing there looking around. My friends and I were thinking whether to shoot him or not when suddenly I just aim, and pull the trigger. Headshot. My friends started freaking out but then they realise, I shot him for no good reason. We laughed about it later and I think of it as teaching the dude a lesson. END CHAPTER ONE

2. We start heading out into the forest and log out. When we log in the next day my friend with all of his gear spawns on the tower again! We go back to get him and get out when I see a guy at the train station I think. I tell my friends "Guy with rifle behind red train station, engage?" My friends agree while our sniper covers us. I tell him he's behind the red house but my friend Edan thinks, "He said go behind the red house!" He stands there and I said "I SEE HIM I SEE HIM! *BANG*" My friend says "GOD DAMNIT IM SHOT!" I realise what happens and I think "Oh crap..." my friend comes back to get his stuff and he says "He's behind the stone fence" So I go and look, and I get shot... Im bleeding out on the ground and I say "HELP ME IM SHOT IM ON THE GROUND!" and he says "CRAWL TO ME!" so I do just that. When I notice, "HOLY CRAP YOUR GOING TOWARDS THE ENEMY!" I try to shoot him in third person but my shots hit the ground and I get shot in the face. My friend dies too but my friend snipes the guy. We all get back and get the heck out of Cherno. The spawn glitch happens again and we die because of it.

MINI STORY!! I was running through a town with a hatchet and zombies following me, when I see a guy with a pistol. He starts shooting so I'm hoping "He's shooting the zombies, right?" Wrong. I hear a shot wizz past my head and I think "TIME TO GET OUT OF HERE" I start running and he's standing there aiming, when get gets knocked unconcious from zombies. I think, this is my chance to kill him and get a gun! I run at him screaming "YOU SPEAK CHOPNEESE? I SPEAK CHOPNESE!!!" when the dude wakes up and shoots me in the face 5 times. THE EEEENDDD

MINI STORY!! I was running through a town with a hatchet and zombies following me, when I see a guy with a pistol. He starts shooting so I'm hoping "He's shooting the zombies, right?" Wrong. I hear a shot wizz past my head and I think "TIME TO GET OUT OF HERE" I start running and he's standing there aiming, when get gets knocked unconcious from zombies. I think, this is my chance to kill him and get a gun! I run at him screaming "YOU SPEAK CHOPNEESE? I SPEAK CHOPNESE!!!" when the dude wakes up and shoots me in the face 5 times. THE EEEENDDD

I don't like PewDiePie.

We talk and go to the church while my friend spawns in there.

How did your friend get to chose where to spawn? I can never find my friends :(

Found a tent that had been pitched under three sprucetrees. I thought that there might be some good loot, it was very hard to spot that tent. So, I decided to check it out. I kept rolling around it for like 5(?) minutes with no luck. I just couldnt get the gear-icon to pop up so I could loot it. After a while, I somehow managed to get myself inside the damn tent. Then suddenly that 'shock-symbol' pops up. I should've known better to stop, but I didnt. In no time, I heard a snap. My leg was broken and I was stuck inside a tent (couldnt crawl out cos' the tree's branches blocked the way). Then, I did something I probably shouldnt have done. I opened my backpack, took out an morphine and began to inject it, in hope of fixing my leg. My character stood up (still inside the tent) and died lol. I instantly spawned at Otmel and started running back to that tent. I didnt even stop to loot any buildings for food or drinks. I ran for 30 minutes or so and finally I was back there and looted my body. (yes yes, didnt want to lose all my high grade military stuff because of that) I tried to loot the tent few more times, but I certainly didnt want to die again so I gave up and ran away.

EDIT: Today I logged on and broke my leg again when trying to loot the same tent. Stupid me. I then ventured to nearby town. Right inside one farmhouse, a guy logs in front of my nose. I shoot him twice with my M107 and he dies. I check his gear, M14 and M107. Hmh. I alt tabbed to check dayz wiki and when I come back, boom. "You are dead" reads on my screen. I was like "what the f*ck just happened?". Perhaps someone heard the shots when I blasted the guy. Or maybe he quickly DCed, came back and killed me. Dont know.

Edited by Qwartus

My friend and I had finally managed to find a server that worked for the both of us. We managed to even get on the same dirt road and I was to wait for him at my position since he had a map. I turn around to see someone sprinting towards me full tilt, and I open my mouth to greet what I assumed was my friend.

The words died on my lips as I spotted the pack of zombies behind him. There were around twenty of them, and all I could think of was "Who is this idiot" as I turned to run. Armed with only a hatchet there wasn't enough time to put it away and (presumably) run faster. I turned to run and saw the survivor sprint past me. I immediately turned off to the right hoping the zombies were locked onto him. They were. Only two stopped to attack me, but they seemed to be seized by indecision.

To my dismay the survivor quickly realized the ravenous horde was still in hot pursuit, and he appeared to be unarmed. He made a sharp circle to bring the horde back around to face me again. I veered off to the left the moment he reached me, and vaulted a nearby fence. He caught the movement and brought the horde around again.

Sighing in resignation I realized I wasn't getting out of this without a fight so I hit Caps Lock and told him we were going to fight them together. I readied my hatchet as he ran at me and as I buried it into the first guy's head (hatchet headkills count as headshots) the next twenty seconds morphed into the most confusing blur of my life. Zombies were everywhere, swarming all over the ground, all over me,and all over the survivor. I watched as my kill count went from two to four, from four to ten, from ten to fifteen, and from fifteen to seventeen. I was taking hits from the infected all over my body, and finally with a little under 3,000 health left I found myself falling to the ground, dead. As I fell I watched the survivor perish by my side.

I was kind of sad at that moment, but pretty impressed that I had managed to take out so many zombies on my third survival attempt with only a hatchet. And then I got up. I was already informing my friend that I had died and we'd have to meet up somewhere else (tragically he also minutes away from being murdered as he tried to help two shmucks nearby) when my character got up. With just under 3000 health. My mind was blown for about one second, before it kicked into overdrive. With a screen mostly devoid of color and my vision fading in and out every other second, I dispatched the remaining zombies with my hatchet, killing them all without taking another hit.

Bewildered as I was my character once again lost consciousness after I hastily applied a bandage. When he regained consciousness or whatever that was I limped over to a pond I had discovered moments before, and satisfied my newfound thirst and refilled my water bottle again. My character refused to focus, vision fading. None of the horde I had slaughtered had food on them, although I did find a can of coke. After scavenging the corpses and fainting once more I continued up road towards some buildings I had seen before.

At this point I learned that wandering with a melee weapon while unable to see clearly, and unable to see at all for more than ten feet in front of you really changed how little you would be willing to risk yourself. Without being able to avoid any zombies I was forced to cut my way through every zombie I blundered into until I finally arrived at the town. At this point I was forced to leave as I had somewhere to be, but upon my return I was completely out of whatever zone my mind had locked into before.Two zombies flanked me from either side, along with a crawler, and after what felt like half a dozen missed swings, I fell to the ground, dead.

Edited by MRJOEYBON

Ill keep this fairly breif, I could get into a little more detail but ill just cut to the point, apologies for bad grammer.

I start in electro, get my wincester and various other things, then planned to head to airfield for some obviously better weapons. I end up passing stary sober and comming across the field of barracks there, unknowing of this place on my map, I decided to camp their instead. Getting a DMR for me and an M14 EP1 for my friend, I decided to spend my time at the abandoned warehouse at stary sober and spend my days there waiting for my friend to get back from his week long vacation, sniping 500 zombie kills in the process. often going for food at the local grocery store.

The last time I spent in the grocery store in stary sober, I accidently fire my g17, alerting a curiouse suvivor in the store. he crawled into the back rooms with his AK around the corner and I shot him a dozen times with my pistol in shock, that was the first person I ever saw in stary sober (and first I ever murderated in DayZ). Fealing kind of guilty, I only end up taking his food and naively not checking the rest of his loot.

I get ready and leave to meet my friend by berezino, he barely made it that far but long story short we got his blood back up and got him armed. We decided that city because I thought it would be pretty deserted (never been their myself) and we needed a backpack for my friend so we decided to loot the grocery stores. Lagging in the server got us seperated, but I decided to go on ahead looking anyways for the backpack.

If you couldent guess were this was going, I ran into the grocery store, turned around and shot the zombies trailing me, then I proceeded to get shot by what I think was a pistol behind my back by another survivor, dead.

My characer had dozens of hours on him, but I wasent even that mad because I did the same to another. I got 90% of my supplys back anyways from a 20 minute Cherno run on my new character ready to meet up again :D

My friend and I spent a while trying to meet up in Cherno. We were wandering around until shots were fired right next to my head. My friend and I ran and hid in a building where i found a m1014. Newly armed we set out to try and kill our would be attacker. A voice rang out muffled from inside the church. Taunting us our fellow survivor was lying down expertly prepared. She shot at us several times but to no avail. Wanting to speed things up our assailant threw a grenade very pathetically and knocked herself out. I finished her off with a shot to the head with an M1014.

My brother and I were on our way to the NW Airfield when we came across a bus in the middle of the woods. Never having gone this far north we thought that it was odd to find a bus in that location. So we decided to investigate. After watching the bus for a while we decided to move in. My brother approached the front while I approached the rear of the bus. Just as my brother came around the front of the bus a shot rang out and I hear him yell out “I’m hit!”. I spot his shooter with his back to me and send led his way, but the server lagged and my target disappeared from sight. Really nervous now, I quickly doubled back and dove into some nearby brush.

I had visual on the bus and could easily if anyone poked out from the front or back end of it. After waiting for a few minutes I decided to work my way around the bus and flank my brother’s murder. I crawled around the bus giving it a wide berth careful not to give my position away. Once I made it to the other side of the bus I began to crawl closer. I could see my brother’s body near the front end of the bus but where his attacker’s body should have been there was nothing. As I moved some brush out of my line of sight I managed to see another body lying motionless near the middle of the bus. I couldn’t help think that I had managed to kill the bandit after all.

Deciding to take a more cautious approach I decided to sit put and watch for movement, waiting to make sure that the bandit that killed my brother really was dead. Just as I started to move in closer I noticed movement at the back of the bus. The bandit had attempted to flank me, but finding no one there must have thought I left the area or disconnected. He walked over to the body of my brother and started to loot his corpse. I quickly switched to my grenade and sent it flying. It landed right at the feet of the unsuspecting bandit. However, just as it exploded he had managed to get inside the bus (lag wins again!). He quickly put the bus in revers and started to back out into a field. As he backed up I ran towards him with my AKM on full auto unleashing a torrent of death into the buses windshield. As unloaded on the bandit he quickly put the bus in drive and started towards me. I emptied two clips into the driver of the bus yet he kept coming! Next thing I know I’ve been knocked out and the bus is driving off.

As I lay there unconscious all kinds of thoughts raced through my mind, one of which was that I had failed, despite my efforts the server wasn’t on my side that fight. As I waited for the bandit to come finish me off the hourglass faded and I came to. Franticly I looked around for my attacker who was no were to be seen. I then quickly patched myself up and started to search for any signs of the bandit. After finding nothing in the direction the bus had left after running me over, I came back to where my brother’s body lay. I took what was left of his gear and turned towards the field only to see the bus sitting in the middle of it. Caught completely off guard and I went prone immediately. I tried to think of how the bus got way over their when it was heading in a completely different direction. Deciding it must have been due to lag I decided to crawl towards the bus for round two.

As I got closer I noticed a figure lying motionless near the front of it. No way could it really be him? I switched to my revolver since I had expended all of my AKM ammo in the firefight and sent some .45 ACP rounds into the skull of the motionless bandit. It looked like he tried to exit the bus after he’d run me over to bandage his wounds, but before he could he must have passed out before he could stop the bleeding and bled out. My jaw hit the floor as I started to loot his corpse; he was loaded to the teeth with some of the best gear I’ve yet to come across. I took what I wanted and loaded the rest onto the bus to start my long drive to the coast to pick up my brother. However my joy was short lived; halfway through my journey southward in my new set of wheels the server crashed and everything I had gained from my fight with the bandit was lost forever….

• Like 1

I logged back in to the forests east of The Three Valleys.

I decide to check out the Deer Stand southeast of Msta and find an AK-74 with 3 clips of ammo. Great! I then circle to the barn to the east of Msta and find nothing so I keep going round upto the Deer Stand NorthWest of Msta and find an M4A1 with 3 clips again!

I've never had this gun before so I decide to take it instead of my AK-74.

I travel through to Novy Sobor. Looting deer stands and barns en route but finding nothing of note. On my previous visits this far north I've always heard gunfire around the towns but this time all was silent. I approach Novy Sobor from the south, intending to head straight to the Church to find needed food and drink. I aggro a few Zeds on the way so i decide to just run to the church and close the doors. Once I'd fed and watered myself with the supplies I found in the Church I open the doors and welcome the Zeds that were waiting.

I take out a few Zeds when I spot something showing above the exterior wall. Is that a bus? IT'S A BUS!! I throw caution to the wind and run straight to it. I have to circle round it as I try to get in the wrong side but I get in and feel great. Full of fuel, and all components showing as green. Also the first time I've been in a vehicle.

I maneuver around, getting used to the controls in the process, and get out from between crashed cars and barriers and end up taking a shortcut across the grass back to the road.

Where shall I go? I thought, all the time knowing there's only one place I wanted to go. The NW Airfield. I drive through Stary Sobor, again going off road to avoid road blocks and wreckage.

I eventually make it to the NW airfield, entering through the gate on the East side and take a few laps of the airstrip, who knows maybe it might tempt some target practice but again, all was silent again.

Fine by me, I'll start looting and see what goodies I find. I proceed to loot the first few hangers, not finding a great deal so I skip the rest and head to the Control Tower and then the Barracks further down. I make my way to the final 2 hangers along the strip. I somehow switch the controls for the bus and consequently crash into the side of a hanger, knocking myself out and popping the 2 front tyres. Damn!

Off I go on the search for tyres then. I find one nearby and head back to the Bus with it as I still only had a starter backpack but realise I don't have a toolbox so my search for a 2nd would be in vain. It seems like the end of my bus adventure :( I get back on the Bus in the passenger seats to spend a few moments before I leave it. I'm starting to get hungry again so I mouse through the menu and select "Gear."

Holy Crap I forgot people store stuff in vehicles!

2x FN Fals with 7 clips of ammo!

A Bizon (couldn't see any ammo as I wasn't sure what it took)

A CZ550

2x Alice Packs

Medical supplies! and more.

I take what I can carry and thank the poor souls who've lost this gear and I then leave the Bus, eagerly awaiting the next chapter in this adventure, feeling invincible with my newly acquired supplies. I leave the bus, crouch running away when I hear gunshots! One hits the wall in front of me, blood pumping I break into a sprint and turn a corner to gain some cover. Feeling protected I run around the back of the hanger and begin to feel safe. That feeling quickly disappears as I spot another player crouching between bushes, dread begins to fill me as he opens fire, he misses with his opening salvo but soon finds my legs, they break and I pass out. I check my bloodcount, as my hourglass ticks away, to see if I'll wake up from this. 400 blood and trickling away and there I bled out. My adventure over.

It may of just been the usual NW Airfield bandits I hear so much about but a small part of me hoped it was the original owners of the bus, somehow tracking me down, hunting me and recapturing their spoils.

• Like 1

last few days were wierd.

saturday, we did our thang at NWAF.

i took aggro and had to pop some zeds, but my character decides to ignore his weapons and throw a smoke instead.

i was in the warehouse close to the northern baracks, and the building collapsed on me instant.

luckily i took no damage, but i was stuck at the stairs, couldn't move, zeds clogging around me, beating me up.

the whole warehouse was a complete mess, debris everywhere. NE wall of the building was almost completely gone.

i had no chance other than relogging to a different server to get out of the warehouse to a save place to relog.

the server i went on apparently was camped by another group, so i just went prone outside and relogged.

sure enough i was under shock, 6k blood, bleeding and had to take a few minutes timeout, while my team had hostile contact in the barracks.

a teammate dragged me behind a building and fixed me up. once we got the situation under control, we explored the ruin,

of course i clipped through some debris and broke my leg, a random zed starts bashing away on me from below a roof part.

i got out, once again at 6k blood.

this is just going really smooth so far -.-

we killed a good few server hoppers though. pesky folks, one of them got one of us by suprise. he paid the iron price though.

sunday we had a guy in survivor clothing sitting in the middle of the airfield, constantly scanning the whole eastside.

i think he sat there for at least thirty minutes in one spot, without even an attempt to take anything as cover.

several times someone shot an as50 into our generel direction, it wasn't clear if it was the same guy, but either

the gunner was an extremly bad shot, or they were trying to draw fire.

it looked fishy so we didn't kill him, but instead got another few server hoppers, they really keep coming on that server.

had a group of three whom all spawned inside the baracks. how dumb can people be? all three dc'ed instant after we killed one by bombing the

baracks with our trusty m203 and unloaded a few mags xD guess they had a wee moment there.

lets see what we are in for today. i would like me some bandit kills D:

I just spent the last two minutes slowly bleeding out in front of the billboard near Cherno. That cheeky European's moustache was the last thing I ever saw.

Hi all. I'm new here, but I looked through some of all these topics (to educate myself for the game) and they were really helpful. I have also played this game intensively for couple days now and I must say I'm doing fairly good at the moment. My highlight so far has been a super lucky find: L85A2 AWS!! I didn't even realize how good it was until I showed it to my friends. They went completely crazy. Well now we got a good gun in the team. Still searching for the rest of the valuable items. Maybe we'll go to the NW airfield for the first time tonight.

So here I am, sniping armed players in Cherno that shoot others, when suddenly my friend dies. About 5 minutes later the shooter comes for the body and I kill him. The shooter disconnects from the server and we don't think about it after. My friend gets back to where we were and gets his stuff back.

About 10 minutes later, someone suddenly appears next to us and starts shooting my friend, not me, who was right next to him. I kill him and my friend lives.

It was the same person as before. When he went unconscious I told him "And this is what you get for being a ghost." And then he bled out.

it was raining. sun was setting. i was trudging along a field paralleling a road. moving from shadow to shadow, tree to tree.

Suddenly i see movement ahead of me. someone is crawling, and its not a zombie.

instincts kick in and immediately went prone and rolled into bushes hoping they didn't see me. the grip on my only weapon, a hatchet, tightens Time slows to a crawl as if everything is running in slow motion. seconds turn to minutes.

"what the f is going on?" i think. "is he scared? surely he saw i only had a hatchet if they saw me. why hasn't he appeared on the other side of the bushes? is he going to charge me?"

i pucker up, roll out from the bushes and come face to face with my foe.

a pig.

Edited by westim

Thanks to my colleague survivor - Ruben (and sorry if I missread your name in all that fuss) :D

So there I am. After my first 4-5 deaths, I'm more and more wise. Laying low on the beaches of Electro, just between the city and the port. The server I was playing on yesterday is laggy as hell. I try to move a bit, see if it will go away. Bad decision. I didn't see a zombie coming behind me.

Good thing, last thing last night - I found a map and a Makarov with 2 mags. Bad thing - it's laggy, I can't kill it with less than 5 shoots. The noise attracts two more zombies, and before they're done, I'm down to my last mag. Stupid lagg. On top of it all, I'm bleeding and I have no bandages, it's laggy, and I decide to make a run for it. Either I manage to find the hospital, or someone shoots me, zombies kill me, or I bleed out. I ran in a couple of houses and sheds, not finding anything usefull to me at this time, but I pick up a tent.

It was a strange feeling running around with no zombies. I was lucky as hell. So I'm running around until I got to the church. One zombie spotted me, and i run inside. To my horror and relief at the same time - there's a guy there, crouchiung at the altar, aiming in my direction. I quickly hide behind one of the columns, and since I don't have a head set, try to write as fast as I can "friendly, dont shoot. im need help, i lost a lot of blood and only have this gun and a few bullets" (the bleeding stopped at this point, at just a few K blood). The guy killed the zombie, but doesn't reply.

So I start panicking. Go out with just a couple of bullets, or what? I type again "im friendly, i'll look up and come out of my cover". I'm not sure if he knows I'm talking to him, so I say I'm in the church, then wlak in the middle of the church and dropped my gun. The guy then just said "it's on the floor". I come closer and there's a blood bag. (I'm almost positive his name was Ruben, but I'm not sure. Let's call him that anyway).

I pick up the blood bag, but there's no option to heal myself. I figured someone else has to give me the transfusion. So I drop it back on the floor, along with my tent, which I offered to Ruben as a thanking gift. Just as we established a normal communication and he picked up the blood bag, he quickly writtes "behind". I turn and there is another guy comming in followed by a zombie dragging on the floor. Ruben has a gun, that guy has a gun (I learned latter that it was my gun he picked up from the church floor), I have a hatchet in my toolbelt - so I hide behind the benches and write again "we're friendly, don't shoot us". Zombie's getting closer, two survivors with guns are not shooting, and the undead bastard picked me as his victim. So I kill him with a hatchet.

The moment it died, the new guy starts shooting Ruben. I write "stup shooting for f*cks sake". Shooting stops, and Ruben replies "bastard shot me". I try to find my gun, and it was that moment when I realized the new guy took it. Fortunately, lagg caused me to miss alot, so there were 3-4 bullets left when I dropped it - and I start cahsing the guy with my hatchet. It took about 20 hits before I killed him. 1 murder so far. As he died I noticed that I have colors back in my game. Ruben gave me a transfusuion as I was beating the new guy.

He then threw 2 blood bags on the ground. One for me, and one for me to pick up and give him a transfusion. He then picked up my tent and told me to loot the guys body for my gun. I found some food and sodas also, painkillers, morphine auto-injector and another blood bag. Ruben said he was waiting for his friend, so I didn't tell him what I found. Sorry Ruben, if you read this, but I'm alone in this game, and you have a friend. I think that's a fair deal.

We thanked each other and I disconnected to find a better server in order to escape that church alive.

It's really a great feeling after all - to find someone who is willing to listen to you, and not shot you blindly. In the end it turned out we saved each other's lives, and lived a bit longer. I'm getting a headset asap, this was my lesson, I learned it!

Well I have had it. After 32 days in Dayz, I was guiding my friend across Elektrovadosk. fully kitted out, I had just given him my M9 Sd which I had found off a bandit I killed. 32 days and then...BOOM, I get sniped. 32 Days!! and this is only my 3rd life.

I found myself on the beach between Kamenka and Komarovo, but I remember that I once saw a map and that there were deer stands at the airfield in Balota. Balota is only the next town over after Komarovo so I set out with my Nike's on and full tilt boogey. In the distance I can see a large warehouse but as I got closer I noticed the Zed's roaming the place. They weren't too many of them so I went prone and started crawly my way past them carefully. First crawling through an opening under a brick wall fence and then through the big warehouse doors. I searched the place and found a whole lot of nothing. So I slithered my way to the next building over. I ran through doors and was startled to see someone else trying to get past some barbed wire. I wasn't sure if he was friendly or not but I wasn't going to stick around to find out, so I quickly climbed a latter to the scaffolding inside the warehouse. Suddenly I was face to face with another survivor, but I could definitely tell he was unarmed. He started asking if I could help him make it to Kamenka where his buddy is. After he pestered me for a bit I agreed. So we search the place and luckily I was the first to spot a hatchet, so I quickly picked it up and equipped it and kept my on on this guy. We searched each floor but there was nothing else of value, but this guy I was with found a hatchet for himself as well. So I kept my on eye on this guy never giving him my back, because I couldn't trust him. As we made our way back down to the second floor there was yet another survivor. Popular place I guess. He was rummaging through some stuff he had found. And suddenly I couldn't believe my eyes, the guy that I was with hacked this guy to death and was bragging about it! I knew without a doubt I couldn't trust this guy, especially not even to try to help him to Kamenka. So I had a decision to make -

1. Sneak out with this guys back to me and hope he doesn't hatchet me while I try to flee

or

2. Avenge the poor soul that was taken so callously for nothing

For me, this was a hard decision because I am not a killer. I decided to avenge the nameless soul whose blood was pouring out on the ground while his belonging were being looted. It took three hacks for the killer to die, blood spewing everywhere. I took what I needed from the bodies and went downstairs again to see a someone standing there perfectly still. Their back was to me and I noticed all the blood pouring down from the ceiling as if it was a water fall. Quite shocking. I slowly backed up and made my way out of the warehouse and out of town. The gravity of what just happened... How can I trust another living soul in the place...

i had a compas... a map, hatchet, binoculars, shotgun 2 guns 4 cooked meat and the alice pack. Of course because of the paranoia i start shooting at someone in elektro. He ends up killing me. I manage to find my body and him standing there. I said i'm friendly and he left me alone. Respect to that. So i looted my body and got a gun and scouted the area for some food and drink. Then a guy comes with a crowbar and attacks me. I pull out my gun and he says friendly!. I say okay and tell him to follow me. I got him my previous shotgun a new backpack and a lot of stuff. Then he says i'm his best friend and we scout the school together. He suddenly decides to shoot at me with a shotgun. He misses and luckily i kill him with my pistol. Not feeling guilty at all victory is sweet! I'll never shoot at randoms again though. I managed to find 2 maps again, a watch a compas and even binoculars so that my inventory is basically better than before. YEAH!

The craziest and one of the shortest lives I had occured a few days ago and all took place under about 2 hours. I died being by trippng on a rock pile near 3 valleys and respawned nearby so I decided to go and recover my equipment. I get to my body only to find another survivor standing over it with my m24 and glock 17. Furious, I rage ran up towards Solnichniy but as zombies started chasing me, I got the plan to run back towards the looter with the horde close behind. As I approach, the looter begins emptying the glock I had on the zombies but is quickly overan and loged out. When they loged back in 30 seconds later, they were unconcious. I then proceded to drag the looters unconcious body near one of the few remaining zombies so it could finish the looter off. I then crawled up and reclaimed my gear and ran up to Berezino and picked off a few bandits up there before getting flushed out of my appartment that I was holed up in by mike 203s. Bones broken and in shock, I get executed by one of the bandits in the crew that I was fighting. I received my justice fair and square.

How did your friend get to chose where to spawn? I can never find my friends :(

You keep respawning until you get near where you want. Thats how me and my friends meet up when we get whiped out.

So I went to Elektro, with my self-set mission to help noobs (cause with endgame guns stached in my tent, what else should I do?), equipped with a Winchester and a 1911 (I would not dare to enter a city with a good gun, people would probably kill me for that). Sneaked around a bit ( I was really sneaky, never made a loud noise or fired a gun), removed a few wirefences and a entrance-blocking sandbag barrier in the firestation. I saw a few dead zombies and a few dead people with them, so I knew there were a few people having problem with PvE.

When I just got around the hospital, I hear the moaning of a nearly dead player. So I asked in direct chat "Hey. I am friendly. You sound like you could use some help. Just blood or a broken leg, too?" I got the response: "Just blood". So I went into the hospital, grabbed a bloodback and gave the guy that just came down the ladder a transfusion. Seeing that he was just equipped with a crowbar, I even showed him another 1911 I saw a few seconds earlier nearby in the red brick building.

I said goodby and headed out to try to find a tent or a good weapon to reward myself with. I scouted the area carefully with my binoculars and headed to the firestation near the centre (already hearing shots from the 1911 the guy used agains Zeds way behind me). So I got into the station and found a GPS. Decent loot. When I just headed out of the building to get towards the forest, I heard a voicechat: "Hey, are you friendly? Do you hear me?". I was totally shocked that someone saw me, cause I moved very carefully and hid behind walls, and it was really dark night, so it must have been someone with NVG, so the only response I was capable of was "Do you need any help?" The guy answered "No, thanks, I'm fine".

So I got away safely. I guess that's karma like in "My name is Earl".

The other day someone was roaming Nizhnoye, heading towards the inland part of Berezino. I heard him fireing his double-barreled shotgun from quite a distance away. So I followed him, seeing that he was pulling every zombie near him. Suddenly he stopped shooting, I guess he was out of ammo. So I approached him, shot the 4 Zeds that were around him with ease. He just walked another 50m till he realised that the sound he heard was not directed at him and he had no more zombies around him. He turned around when I asked "Hey, everything cool?". He just looked at me and disconnected. What a jerk.

Edited by Atanar

Today, I was sniping with a friend in Cherno. Being a bag of dicks.

Anyway, we killed a guy who shot me first. We looted him, and only found his enfield and an M9. Hid the body to avoid the flies, you know? Anyway, about 5 minutes later, I hear a gunshot and my friend says "I'm down, I'm down!" I look over, and I see a guy standing in the middle of our sniper's nest...and I was watching the only entrance. I killed the guy and looted him, then hid his body. I fixed my friend up, and we gathered that the guy hopped servers, went to our sniper's nest, and then went back to this server. We decided that if it happened again, we'd get off. Sure enough, 5 minutes later, a guy shoots me in the back with a double barrel shotgun. I die, and my friend kills him. I tell my friend to grab my M4 and log off.

Posted this in the Horror Stories thread before I saw this thread. It probably applies more here:

I was stealthily sneaking through some small, shitty town the game felt the need to spawn me next to. I hadn't found much, but I did notice a shed with an open door, so I made my way toward it. I was prone and crawling, so I figured I was safe. Well, as I neared the shed to my right, past a house and a fence on the street, I saw two zombies sprint by. Naturally, I thought the jig was up but, rather than just get up and sprint away, I rolled over next to the house and waited. I had no weapons (I hadn't made it into the shed to get the hatchet yet, and in retrospect that's where I should have gone), so I just stayed still.

Moments later, another survivor went sprinting into the shed, immediately followed by three to four zombies. I backed off a bit further, hoping that he'd be murdered and I'd get to loot his corpse. I had nothing to fight the zombies with, so saving him was never an option. After about thirty second, much to my chagrin, he came bounding out the side door of the shed right at me, hatchet in hand and obvious evil intentions at heart. I couldn't stand up fast enough and took one brutal hatchet blow before I could sprint away, blood pouring out of the wound.

Rather than simply try to get away, I ran toward every zombie nearby that I could find. While they were chasing me, they also started chasing him. Sometimes, when you can't win, you can at least make your enemy lose too. With a small zombie entourage in our wake, I made my way out into the wilderness next to the town. My pursuer caught up to me and got in one more good hatchet blow before the zombies took enough out of him to drop him to the ground. He was still alive, screaming with agony as three zombies ate him. With little blood left in me and nothing in my pack worth trying to save, I instead stood over him and said, "I'm laughing while they eat you, cocksucker." He died seconds later.

I died too shortly after, but I felt vindicated.

• Like 2

Was on the hill east of Elektro like an idiot, trying to show my friend the ropes (He learned a thing about dying). Shortly after we spent a minute or two there, we were both sniped.

Story? Nah, the story is that even though I accepted my death fairly, and the giant YOU HAVE DIED screen popped up and I logged off the game, the next time that I went on, I had EVERYTHING as if I never died. I was even in the same exact spot of my death. How happy I was.. Oh how happy I was. This time, I took a quick sweep of a few buildings and nabbed my friend a map, compass, watch, and if I could've, would'a put an ALICE pack in my pack so I could pack while I pack.

I find myself smack in the middle of Cherno. Night's falling, every now and again I hear a gunshot. Probably a good time to get a move on.

I start sneaking around, finding myself closer to a factory. Whole place is flanked by the ocean to one side. I take my time there finding car parts and not much else, so I figure I ought to move out. Then I see a roof top lit up real good. I decide to have a look.

I get near the top and whisper "Friendly".

No response.

I take a good look around and find nothing.

I head back down and continue on. Just as I'm getting to the end of this industrial complex I see fresh lights tossed out. I start slowly making my way toward them. I figure there's got to be someone there who might let me join them. Worst I expect is to be ignored, I'm only carrying an axe after all.

A couple gunshots ring out, so I get low. A few minutes later I hear a couple more shots, further away this time. I move in near the light and find a fresh corpse with a bullet in him. Man hadn't been infected.

Too bad I didn't get to him in time to lend a hand. Suppose I wasn't going to do much with that axe anyway.

I find my way to some tracks and light out of there real quick. I hear a couple more shots back the way I came. Can't help wondering if they got what was coming to them.

• Like 1