Sign in to follow this  
cloudsystem38

Why I quit (yes another one of those threads)

I'm a pretty persistent player, I can put up with a lot but what I can't put up with is losing every thing due to a server glitch when logging in, I'd rather get killed by someone.

It's too common now and at this point the game is literally broken for me. It's like a bike that I would really like to ride but the tires are blown out.

I seriously have no clue how everyone else is still playing this. No idea how people are able to survive for over 10 days with things as they are.

I do however suspect that this has something to do with time of day since it usually happens later at night.

And also FTR, once I was able to get my character back somehow. I thought I lost everything (geared to the teeth, had the best of everything in the game) but somehow I got it all back when I logged in a few days later.

It's not so much the problem itself as much as the fact that I don't know what's causing it. I'm no programmer or game developer so it is beyond my level of care to figure it out.

Just thought I'd vent.

Edited by cloudsystem38
  • Like 1

I play Private hives like the majority of the population now, i have never had such problems as you explain, in fact on the ones i play on regularly i've had no server glitches at all... perfect game playing conditions, and my average character age over 4 servers is 15 days +

cookie cutter complaint deserves cookie cutter response

oh gee... another 1rst poster complaining about dying in a alpha mod of a game where your gear doesn't have any value considering SA is around the corner

-------------------------

personally I focus on one thing and one thing only. gaining as much experience I can with various weapons.

• Like 4

Hello there

I think many people just don't realise what an alpha/beta etc entails. (In fact I probably don't know the exact meaning myself and I *am* amazing.), hence people becoming fed up with broken features etc.

I understand OP's pain, but If I were he, I'd wait for the SA.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I think many people just don't realise what an alpha/beta etc entails.

I think what truely frustrates people is that realistically this mod will never advance beyond the alpha stage, unless someone else is given full control of it while Rocket works on the stand alone.

But yeah... for me personally private hives are what keep this mod alive and interesting.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Love that ... too bad they stopped making them.

So is this you asking for help or did you sign up today to inform us you quit playing?

• Like 4

I'm a pretty persistent player,

Really? 1 post and your leaving? I know the forums can be a bit harsh but had you opened with hello could anyone help me with.......... Then you would be enjoying playing.

• Like 1

I think what truely frustrates people is that realistically this mod will never advance beyond the alpha stage, unless someone else is given full control of it while Rocket works on the stand alone.

We have FULL CONTROL of it.

But yeah... for me personally private hives are what keep this mod alive and interesting.

Of course it won't progress much more since the standalone with a new engine will come out in like a month.

The community patches are set btw so from here on out the mod will be modified by productive members of the community with little help from the devs.

Also i think you loose your gear because you play on different private hives where you have a separate gear from one server to the next. Protip: find a good server, play on it more than once.

Edited by Steppwolf
  • Like 2

I think you loose your gear because you play on different private hives where you have a separate gear from one server to the next. Protip: find a good server, play on it more than once.

This was the first thing I thought! I had more then once been huh!? Oh! Durr derp!

• Like 3

I really don't get why people constantly feel the need to announce their departure.

If you play public HIVE, you're gonna get killed by PvP-er's, hackers and the like.

Ever since I've played Private HIVEs, I've not had a single problem with DayZ - even glitches and the like. Maybe I'm lucky, but even if I did die to it, I'd accept it and start again BECAUSE THIS ISN'T A FULLY COMPLETED GAME.

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 1

No-one gives a fuck. If you knew this was another one of "those threads", then why did you make it?

Hey. I cannot be certain that this is the source of your problem, but at one point I had problems with a particular server: occasionally when I joined the server, I would get a "you have been killed" message, and then spawn on the coast even though I had logged out alive.

I would spawn at the coast with the same character, wearing whatever clothing I had previously been wearing but with no equipment at all...not even a flashlight and backpack.

I eventually figured out what was causing the problem for me. I was running a different ArmA2 beta-patch than the server was using. I changed the beta patch I was using and the problem dissapeared.

• Like 1

I wish I could offer you some comforting words for your broken heart, some well-meant advise at least....but really nothing usefull comes to my mind.

And I doubt you'll be reading it, since you've already left our loving community. Only your short goodbye-note will help us remember you. The way you where. Sometimes losing your stuff, sometimes regaining it. Going from server to server, from private hive to public hive, without a clue what was going on.

We have solved your issue, but alas: it's too late. You are gone. We will miss you, Cloudsystem38; rest in peace.

• Like 1

You only just got here. :/

Today I noticed that hackers still running free lol Now needless to say I was in a public server tring to help my buddy in cherno seting up shop on a heavy populi server and notice on the corner of my screen people dying left and right like it was the credits of a movie :D My buddy told me he was finding unlooted bodies everywhere and there was one guy on a guilli with a as50 running around cherno in the city not camping on the hill or even using a more suitable rifle for CQB so I said oh wait.. hacker!

Now this is what happend, I was in my tent inside a tree when I heard some slow footsteps and a wisper "hey..hey.. I'm going to shoot you and I just wanted you to know it before I shoot you" haha I just kept laying there looking in my tent and then I asked him "do you have a vehicle" and he said yeah and gave me a list of vehicles like a menu on a car dealership and asked me what would you like and I said I'll take the old bike lol.. I supposed he was doing his thing when spoof He got banned for hacking in vehicle hahahaha

I know that this noobs get banned when spawning in vehiles left and right so I gave a public service anouncement on the server asking for a vehicle and like 15 people started to get banned one by one again like the movie credits on the side of my screen for hack spawning vehicles lol. Some times I scare the $hit out my self :rolleyes:

So lesson to learned so far:

1)player tracker hack = still in service

2)weapon crate hack = still in service

3)Vehicle spawn hack= banned

Now, I wasn't planning to troll this dude haha but was just trying my charm skills to see if I could squeeze my way out of that predicament and thanks to the not being able to diconnect in time I just tryed to not loose all my $hit LOLOLOL

I play on a number of private hives and ive seen loads of people complaining they have lost their stuff just like OP. Private hives arent some mecca where there arent any hacks or glitches like some people seem to be making out. Yes hackers will get kicked much faster, but they can still teleport/kill you or whatever before they get caught.

I play regular on public and private hives. I act more alert in public, no matter what the situation on my status.

On private, I have more freedom. I can keep a character on map to actually game, with the another just to fuck around and do whatever in the map.

...gotta loves me some improvisation.

Edited by Somore98