mrmadness

Happy Isle communty - Pure 100% Friendly server - No Bandits + our other servers *read first post*

You realize this is a first person shooter. You are supposed to shoot other people.

I don't understand why people would enjoy this.

its ok, i dont expect you to understand..

ps this isnt a FPS, its actualy a sandbox title.. thats why you dont understand why some people can enjoy this game just fine without PVP..

hell i've been doing it for months and months on reg. servers and i still enjoy logging in most nites. i've never killed another player in DayZ for the record.

Edited by Siberian

ps this isnt a FPS, its actualy a sandbox title.. thats why you dont understand why some people can enjoy this game just fine without PVP..

Some people lack the capacity to understand and appreciate teamwork and that's why there's the public hive along with numerous other private hives, and for those than can understand and appreciate teamwork there is Happy Isle.

P.S. There is a contest on this server right now to win a copy of Left 4 Dead 2 by racking up the most zombie kills in a single life. Leader right now is Blighty with 2313 zeds dead at his merciless hands!

Will try to add to the withSix-thing right now :o

EDIT: aww my ping to this server is so high :<

EDIT2: ohh Germany. no wonder !

Edited by Rivy

It's nice that there are people who host servers like these ;)

You realize this is a first person shooter. You are supposed to shoot other people.

It's a zombie survival game, that happens to have the option of first/third person view because it's a mod for a military simulator. So in the end the game is just a survival simulator, not a shooter game. If you want a shooter game, go play BF3 or COD

This is no different from someone completely removing zombies on a server.

Removing zeds from a server would make it a typical shooter game..

It kills a main element of the game. You won't ever die

Bambis are well known of dying from zombies.

What is the point of finding gear if you will never use it. If you are only going to kill zombies you need nothing more than a makerov. If this is something that you enjoy doing on a regular basis, you really don't belong in the DayZ community. You are better off picking up l4d.

You're basically saying that Bandits are playing DayZ as it is "supposed to be"..

"Why pick up weapons to defend yourself against zombies if you can use it to kill people!"

you really don't belong in the DayZ community.

DayZ community exists out of many different people with many different playstyles. i.e.: medics, bandits, heroes, merchants and many more

Edited by Obvious

You're offering a game where you cooperatively kill zombies. For cooperatively killing zombies? That's like some form of zombie-inception.

Its true that your not going to get the full dayz experience. Saying that, not every person wants that experience. Some people like to just drive around and spot shot zombies or collect things just to collect them. What was the point of me collecting all my stuff in fallout? I cant kill any other players with it. Different people, different opinions.

Will try to add to the withSix-thing right now :o

EDIT: aww my ping to this server is so high :<

EDIT2: ohh Germany. no wonder !

well we have players from america and the uk , no one has any problems , later on ill put up the pink kicker by 100 so hopefully should allow more players also we not long upgraded from 24 slots to 32 and the server is still full :)

Joined your server earlier today and had a lot of fun. Thanks for starting a server like this. Completely new to the game and this was actually my first time playing it. Died a few times from zombies, but hopefully when I figure out what I'm doing that will change.

If this is something that you enjoy doing on a regular basis, you really don't belong in the DayZ community. You are better off picking up l4d.

It is your server and you can do what ya want, but honestly I hope it fails.

Wow, are you really this pathetic or were you just joking?

Who are you to dictate how a game should or shouldn't be played? Who are you to dictate what play style others should be following? And then to top it off by saying that you hope his server fails...

Sorry, but it's you who doesn't belong in the DayZ community. Or any community for that matter. If you can't think about others then why be amongst them?

• Like 2

The only thing that spoils the server, and its the same with virtually every server are Hackers, I'll give the admin team some credit though, they are very quick to rectify the situation once a hacker has be spotted.

honestly people.. it all comes down to what YOUR playing style is; if you enjoy the thrill of always having to watching your back and the adrenaline rush of scoping other players in your crosshairs.. then thats for you and you enjoy pvp. personally i think its a great concept that these guys are trying out and i hope it continues to pull through for them. if the style of this server just isnt for you, then by all means simply wish them luck and move along to a server that DOES suit your playing style. its not like DayZ is short on players or servers so there really isnt any harm at all in what theyre trying to accomplish here. if you dont like it or cant manage to understand what orwhy theyre doing, then dont try to understand at all. let the people who actually join in and try it out be the judges for themselves as to whether or not this server is for them.

i hope this all works out for the best for you guys. happy gaming~

Edited by Stryder.us
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for all your support so far , We do have another server now :) a Pure PVP server on Namalsk , visit www.happyisle.net for the server ip's , We are now on 32 slots so thank you to everyone for all your support XD

Hello king viking here, i was playing on this server around 14:00 gmt+1 today, and i was banned for no reason, it sais i was banned for beeing an bandit but i wasnt a bandit at all! i killed a guy once but that was because he stole my pick-up and i had another car so i chased after him and he rammed into my car almost destroying it, i jumped out pointed a gun at him and told him to get out of the pick-up and run away or i will kill him! he ran into my other car and tried to run away whit that one instead, i blew a tire so he couldnt move, he then jumped out of the car again and tried to shot me i heard hes crossbow click he was out of ammo so i shot him down he was obviously just trolling and there was a lot of pvp going on at this time but there was no admin then so a lot of unfair bans was givven... i lost my awesome car and couldnt help my friend because of this stupid unfair ban! so basicly this server is bad.. admins are usualy never on when there is trolling, pvping and just chaos going on and when they do come on they ban all teh wrong peoples! this is very stupid!

-ADAM-, Joshua, adam (Something), and several others can confirm this!

Hello king viking here, i was playing on this server around 14:00 gmt+1 today, and i was banned for no reason, it sais i was banned for beeing an bandit but i wasnt a bandit at all! i killed a guy once but that was because he stole my pick-up and i had another car so i chased after him and he rammed into my car almost destroying it, i jumped out pointed a gun at him and told him to get out of the pick-up and run away or i will kill him! he ran into my other car and tried to run away whit that one instead, i blew a tire so he couldnt move, he then jumped out of the car again and tried to shot me i heard hes crossbow click he was out of ammo so i shot him down he was obviously just trolling and there was a lot of pvp going on at this time but there was no admin then so a lot of unfair bans was givven... i lost my awesome car and couldnt help my friend because of this stupid unfair ban! so basicly this server is bad.. admins are usualy never on when there is trolling, pvping and just chaos going on and when they do come on they ban all teh wrong peoples! this is very stupid!

There are simple rules on the Happy Isle No Bandit server, 1) don't kill survivors 2) Dom't Steal Other Peoples cars or raid others Tents. Simples

You had stolen an SUV which don't spawn on our server, that was part of the reason you were banned, and your friend Joshua had stolen an pick up and shot at me so he was banned, The vast majority of players respect the rules and enjoy their time on our server. If you feel you have been unfairly banned request and unban on our website.

From what i recall most of your so called friends got baned for being a bandit and we have admins watching all the time. if you feel you have been wrongly banned then post a unban request on our website and we will look into it , www.happyisle.net

the server is not bad, the players failing to follow the rules are bad. i had my first taste of the server today and i must say that even with those few stray bandits in the mix, it was still quite enjoyable. i deffinetly liked the modded balota airstrip and i plan to make myself a regular there to medic around as best i can. great job with the server admins, keep it up!

There are simple rules on the Happy Isle No Bandit server, 1) don't kill survivors 2) Dom't Steal Other Peoples cars or raid others Tents. Simples

You had stolen an SUV which don't spawn on our server, that was part of the reason you were banned, and your friend Joshua had stolen an pick up and shot at me so he was banned, The vast majority of players respect the rules and enjoy their time on our server. If you feel you have been unfairly banned request and unban on our website.

the SUV i had was not stolen, it had no items in it and it was located in the middle of the road whit no signs of peoples around and it was out of fuel aswell, joshua is a random dude i meet on the server so i teamed up whit him, hes actions is not my fault!

the SUV i had was not stolen, it had no items in it and it was located in the middle of the road whit no signs of peoples around and it was out of fuel aswell, joshua is a random dude i meet on the server so i teamed up whit him, hes actions is not my fault!

Then post a unban request on our site mate and we will look into it :) : www.happyisle.net

Edited by Flawzel Williamz

4:39 am est. youve got SEVERAL bandits on the server at the moment. i hope someone is around that can fix this

EDIT: 5:17 am est: two guys with the clan tag =BSG= ; michael and tastycakes

Edited by Stryder.us

4:39 am est. youve got SEVERAL bandits on the server at the moment. i hope someone is around that can fix this

EDIT: 5:17 am est: two guys with the clan tag =BSG= ; michael and tastycakes

This has been sorted , we updated our ban list also now we have included kill messages :) also we have hired another 2 admins

For those that have been watching this thread simply for the interest of seeing what things we can do for the community, I bring you our latest updates.

I have recently been working on a improved Balota and it's airfield, it's nearly done and will be pushed out today, after this North East airfield is being given a Civilian makeover and a more prominent spot on the looting board.

On top of this I've been experimenting with a possible DayZ mission itself, possibly on the focus of surviving a military invasion to wipe out the problems within the region by force. You would be a lone survivor who finds others like yourself, you have to loot and find gear before attempting to cross the border. It's an idea of many I am toying with, the biggest problem I have with the DayZ community is the lack of content that is being produced.

It goes against the entire Arma community, when new content is given it's taken and given even more by the community behind it. Here, it seems that we are being limited and at many times beaten in to not doing it. Thankfully I'm not a person to simply back down, I will also be looking in to ways to unblacklist many non armoured and un-weaponised vehicles in the coming days. To give more to the community.