mrmadness

Happy Isle communty - Pure 100% Friendly server - No Bandits + our other servers *read first post*

qL3SG.png

Hello there my name is Flawzel Williamz and im the executive head admin here at happy isle.

Im here to advertise our servers on Happy Isle!

our no bandit server Is a ideal place for new players to dayz , players who havnt learnd the chernarus map or even havnt droven a vehicle yet to come on and play , make new friends all without the worry of bandits.

there are quite a few vehicles about that are fully repaired and fixed , if you get on and really carnt find one then just ask if anyone has one spare :)

We are a new community , we currently have a 32 slot PRIVATE HIVED server as well as a few other servers on other maps.

Active admins are the +CCPD+ = Chernarus County Police Deparment , most of our players like our new unique way we provide of DayZ.

Most people on our server try to roleplay and have there own camps etc etc as well as heli evac's.

We have a 24 slot teamspeak server , our website is www.happyisle.net

we are currently looking for more players to hopefully expand into other maps and even maybe a MAIN HIVED server.

Please note *dont come on QQing that you cannot kill players, we have it like this to provide something new*

Our teamspeak ip : ts20.nitrado.net:14900 - 24 slots

Our servers ip address:

85.131.149.61:2302 - Chernarus - no bandits nor pvp

173.233.65.150:2302 - Our Arma 2 Wasteland server

We are looking to get more dayz servers with other maps , if you would like to see us host other maps then please post in our suggestions part of the form , if you want access to our whitelist server then you must play on our charnarus no bandit server for a while to get reconised within the community then post a whitelist applcation up on our forum.

Hop on our teamspeak and say hello :)

oh and our server hardware:

• CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1650 (8 x 3200 MHz)
  • HDD: 2TB SATA2 Raid Edition Serverfestplatte
  • RAM: 32 - 128 GB
  • Uplink: 1000MBit (Up & Down, Unlimited Traffic)

Edited by Flawzel Williamz
  • Like 4

I don't know. Loses a certain... Something when you don't have that element of distrust and the knowledge that the guy you've been surviving with for the past hour or so could shoot you in the back.

Would love to try this sometime, I wonder how this plays without having to look over ur shoulder all the time.

I don't know. Loses a certain... Something when you don't have that element of distrust and the knowledge that the guy you've been surviving with for the past hour or so could shoot you in the back.

Thats why its different here , something unique well maybe not unique but alot of people that currently play have really enjoyed the server and like the different style of play.

Would love to try this sometime, I wonder how this plays without having to look over ur shoulder all the time.

We would love to have you here at Happy Isle

Edited by Flawzel Williamz

Just a difference of opinion is all. I dislike the idea of telling someone they "can't" do something. "Shouldn't" is fine or for example having some form of in-game policing (Your name is put on a bounty-listing or something) but flat-out telling someone they can't engage in PVP just doesn't sit well with me.

But it's your server and your rules. And as you said, some people enjoy it. It's just not for me.

• Like 1

Just a difference of opinion is all. I dislike the idea of telling someone they "can't" do something. "Shouldn't" is fine or for example having some form of in-game policing (Your name is put on a bounty-listing or something) but flat-out telling someone they can't engage in PVP just doesn't sit well with me.

But it's your server and your rules. And as you said, some people enjoy it. It's just not for me.

Well thank you for your opinon/ideas , this is something we maybe considuring for our 2nd server when we get one.

Im sorry we arnt what your looking for but ya never know , maybe we will see you on our 2nd server someday :)

I play on the server as don. Ive had the most fun on this server so far. nice people and awesome admins. great server if you just want to worry about zombies.

Honestly dont understand meaning of those "friendly" servers...Its not DayZ anymore, like whatever but, what for you play DayZ when u delete the main aspects of it, doesnt make sense at all.

• Like 1

Honestly dont understand meaning of those "friendly" servers...Its not DayZ anymore, like whatever but, what for you play DayZ when u delete the main aspects of it, doesnt make sense at all.

i honstly dont get what you mean. we are just trying to provide something different / a place where newbies/bambies can play and make friends without getting killed or for them to find vehicles and drive about.

Welcome to Happy Isles i guess :)

Some people like to play the game to accumulate things. Not everyone wants steady pvp. Its nice to have a server to just relax and play on.

• Like 1

if theres one thing ive learned about the DayZ pvp crowd its that they cant wrap their minds around any other play style..

to them DayZ is a PVP game and thats all it can be..

trying to convince them that some people can enjoy a pvp-less version of DayZ is lost on them..

there was a time when a server like this would have appealed to me, but these days ive played enuf DayZ that i dont care about dieing anymore..

hope the server works out for you all and those who play there..

if theres one thing ive learned about the DayZ pvp crowd its that they cant wrap their minds around any other play style..

trying to convince them that some people can enjoy a pvp-less version of DayZ is lost on them..

there was a time when a server like this would have appealed to me, but these days ive played enuf DayZ that i dont care about dieing anymore..

Well dayz can be more than just pvp , a game is what you make of it , i.e some people can make it competitve or some can play just for fun

If I want PvP I'll play the likes of BF3 to get my fix of killing fellow players.

I have been playing on the Happy Isle server for around a week know and am actually staying alive, other survivors will help you out and the admins are on the ball.

How about a "Most Zombie Kills get you a free copy of L4D2" contest?

If I want PvP I'll play the likes of BF3 to get my fix of killing fellow players.

I have been playing on the Happy Isle server for around a week know and am actually staying alive, other survivors will help you out and the admins are on the ball.

I'll give the standard is "+1" to this; I really was concerned that the "no bandits" tag was just a lure for pathetic KoS kiddies trying to make their e-peen feel bigger. Darkman85 and Flawzel Williams (both active and awesome admins) proved my suspicions COMPLETELY wrong when time after time, back to the wall and stuck in a corner, another survivor comes to my aid, either another gun or a ride out of Dodge. My one and only gripe with the server: not enough slots, which oddly enough makes me want to play on this server more and more.

If you do decide to join this server keep an eye out for Mr. Nice Guy, your friendly supply buddy; I tend to carry large quantities of rations and medical supplies.

I'ma state this before anyone else decides to nit pick at it.

They cannot stop bandits 24/7, the only way to find bandits is to have them do bandit things. And sometimes because of this people still get killed, however this is where the friendly play comes in. People are always willing to help you out, if you had someone with you they'll take your things for you and pass them back, or someone will give you a lift up to your things.

Donators who are killed by other players are re-given their items (but if you're stupid enough to lose it on your own that's your problem at the end of the day).

The other thing is hackers, this is DayZ so there are hackers everywhere you go, just report to an admin and they can see who it is and who's around you to get them.

I can understand that some people don't like this, friendly, game play. But for us that come home from working 12 hours and just want to sit and chat in Arma 2, it's perfect.

Edited by MrDragon

Also guys please dont make this a flame war , im just posting about the happy isle server as i belive its a really good place for newbie or experienced players to come hang out and relax or learn the map without getting shot at or even drive vehicles where they have been unable to on normal / other servers due to getting killed or the vehicle gets stolen.

Usually i play in PVP/other servers. I tried this server tonight and it was supprisingly good, a nice change.

Teamwork was great, If you needed help, if you needed a ride, If you needed a gun, if you needed ammo... you got it.

If there is one suggestion i could make.... make a base inside one of the hangers at the nwaf... shiiiit, just turn the whole nwaf into a base... have cars/trucks/etc which are full of differant types of loot... ammo, meds, guns, food, tools, misc... use sandbags, wire fence and tank traps to sepirate the differant loot cars, maybe do something usefull with the loot you have collected. it would be nice to just go and get ammo and meds instead of chasing it all across the map to get it. anyway, nuff said. make a good base with the shit you collect :D

I'll try to visit your server! I like the presentation and spirit!

I like PvP and Hardcore aspects but there are now largely enough servers for all kind of playstyle, wich is fine finaly.

Everyone can get what he wants so what's the problem guys? ;)

Later!

I'll try to visit your server! I like the presentation and spirit!

I like PvP and Hardcore aspects but there are now largely enough servers for all kind of playstyle, wich is fine finaly.

Everyone can get what he wants so what's the problem guys? ;)

Later!

well thank you , would be really nice to see you at happy isle

• Like 1

You realize this is a first person shooter. You are supposed to shoot other people.

I don't understand why people would enjoy this. You are removing one of the key elements of the game. This is no different from someone completely removing zombies on a server. It kills a main element of the game. You won't ever die. You know everyone will be friendly to you so you have no fear of doing anything. What is the point? Collecting stuff? For what? What is the point of finding gear if you will never use it. If you are only going to kill zombies you need nothing more than a makerov. If this is something that you enjoy doing on a regular basis, you really don't belong in the DayZ community. You are better off picking up l4d.

It is your server and you can do what ya want, but honestly I hope it fails. The reasons you list for making a server like this are some of the most fun aspects of the game. Jumping on a brand new map and not having a clue where you are or what is around you is one of the most unique aspects DayZ has. If you want a social experience, get on facebook. If you want to learn the map, go to dayzdb. I would be really sad if new people to DayZ found your server first. They would miss out on all of the fun elements of the game, and when they joined a real server, they would be pissed that people weren't playing the way they learned on your server. Making bases and developing a friendly crowd is the only endgame content DayZ has. You are basically skipping all the fun parts of the game and going right to the last level. Like I said, it is your server and you can do what you want. I hope you have fun when you play on it.

You realize this is a first person shooter. You are supposed to shoot other people.

I don't understand why people would enjoy this. You are removing one of the key elements of the game. This is no different from someone completely removing zombies on a server. It kills a main element of the game. You won't ever die. You know everyone will be friendly to you so you have no fear of doing anything. What is the point? Collecting stuff? For what? What is the point of finding gear if you will never use it. If you are only going to kill zombies you need nothing more than a makerov. If this is something that you enjoy doing on a regular basis, you really don't belong in the DayZ community. You are better off picking up l4d.

It is your server and you can do what ya want, but honestly I hope it fails. The reasons you list for making a server like this are some of the most fun aspects of the game. Jumping on a brand new map and not having a clue where you are or what is around you is one of the most unique aspects DayZ has. If you want a social experience, get on facebook. If you want to learn the map, go to dayzdb. I would be really sad if new people to DayZ found your server first. They would miss out on all of the fun elements of the game, and when they joined a real server, they would be pissed that people weren't playing the way they learned on your server. Making bases and developing a friendly crowd is the only endgame content DayZ has. You are basically skipping all the fun parts of the game and going right to the last level. Like I said, it is your server and you can do what you want. I hope you have fun when you play on it.

The idea of this server is teamworking and scavenging without bandits killing you in the process. And its plenty fun picking zombies off from a distance with a sniper rifle while covering your team mates who are looting

Edited by Wooly Mammoth

The idea of this server is teamworking and scavenging without bandits killing you in the process. And its plenty fun picking zombies off from a distance with a sniper rifle while covering your team mates who are looting

This leads me back to my point. There is no reason to cover them. There is also no reason to scavenge. As I said, you only need a makerov to kill zombies.

im sorry but it dosnt take any fun elements , we provide something different with this server. i respect your views but we have a very strong and active commuity and every player who has came along has said they love the server and enjoy the different pace that we have to offer.