rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.3 (community edition)

Lol "community edition". Does that mean stealing code from the community and releasing it as your own?

* [FIXED] You can no longer change clothes/eat/drink/etc. while in a vehicle

I didn't know that you can't do those things in a car. I shall have to inform every car of that from now on.

Lol "community edition". Does that mean stealing code from the community and releasing it as your own?

No it doesn't, and I'll leave it at that.

Good fixes team! i still wait debug lane fix and wall of death fix from exploded stuff..

Good fixes team! i still wait debug lane fix and wall of death fix from exploded stuff..

Is the wall of death not just the impact from the explosion? I've been knocked out from an nearby explosion before and I thought it was a cool feature!

Update looks good, the only problem I have is that you need to implement the kill on combat dc all these people "I have third world internet" or "my PC is a piece of shit and arma crashes all the time" need to stfu and either get better internet/a pc or just deal with it. It will stop all the cowardly little cunts who combat dc and even worse the ghosters, ghost when your dead bitches. I would gladly take deaths if my internet went out as long as it does stop combat dc's, better than getting killed by a rock/tree/zed through a wall. 600 hours or so in Arma II and OA, crashed once and I was doing a tonne of crap at the time.

Great to see the mod being updated even though I dont really play "vanilla" DayZ anymore or on public it can only be a good thing.

Great to see the mod being updated even though I dont really play "vanilla" DayZ anymore or on public it can only be a good thing.

True, same. I imagine the private hives will follow the update as well with that many bug fixes! :)

It's all credited for, you shaft.

It's all credited for, you shaft.

I don't see venthos's name anywhere

I don't see venthos's name anywhere

My understanding was this had already been sorted after Venthos brought it up the first time. Isn't that why the thread was unlocked? No need to get your knickers in a knot.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

It's already tuesday - I thought target date was monday? :rolleyes:

ps: don't wanna badger u, just curious ;)

Edited by wubbel

will this affect other "maps"? i mean fallujah namalsk and other unofficial maps.

I think in NZ it might still be monday :D

It's 22:30 Tuesday in NZ

Edited by MashmanDKH

will this affect other "maps"? i mean fallujah namalsk and other unofficial maps.

All Custom Map *MAY* need to be updated to use the latest dayz code, but they should be fine

true but my friend is not the only one with this issue.i wouldnt put this system on till ppl sort this thing out.

This patch is great! And preventing Alt + F4 is one of best thing here, but for one of people who have issues with Internet this means end of playing Day Z for me. I hope in standalone there will be logout time not sudden death (this at least gives a chance, not to be killed when Internet connection is down).

Still good job guys!

This patch is great! And preventing Alt + F4 is one of best thing here, but for one of people who have issues with Internet this means end of playing Day Z for me. I hope in standalone there will be logout time not sudden death (this at least gives a chance, not to be killed when Internet connection is down).

Still good job guys!

Death isn't implemented, that's been mentioned many times already.

i think it rather adds to immersion.

The system has designed wrongly... they should have added a timer to logout and not disabling the damn quit button. Now if there's someone shooting around, even if you aren't involved into the fight, you cant quit? Immersion...? This is dumb.

I can't wait for the forum full of shit when this comes out...

• Like 1

Is the wall of death not just the impact from the explosion? I've been knocked out from an nearby explosion before and I thought it was a cool feature!

Sorry my bad. i mean invisible wall of death, like if i put satchel to deerstand etc and blow it off and go nearby it after exlosion, i get killed or badly wounded from invisible particles. happened to me 3 times at bublic servers.

• Like 2

yea i always wonder, people say "rocket, alt+f4 sucks, pls disable that"

rocket does that, and now people say "rocket, i can't ragequit from hackers, enable alt+f4"

yea if you don't like it go play some private crap, i just played on one few days ago and

it was the most cheat infested game i ever witnessed, but each to their own i guess?

Private Hives have the same amount of cheaters... However, I find cheating reduced by BE

Wrong, pick your servers better. Server with whitelist and password...

Edited by Zeppa

I know this will be basically talking to a wall but here it goes.

For the people whining about the new combat log prevention system

As someone that has already played with this system implemented (in DayZ Redux):

1. If anyone fires a gun or uses a hatchet in the vicinity you are marked as in combat. Then a new icon starts flashing and you got a countdown timer starting at 30 seconds. It will refresh if another shot is fired. This means you can't log out normally and ALT+F4 is neutralized.

2. If you do leave the game by other means (task Manager, timeout, power outage, or whatever) a global announcement will be displayed. Example: Miltrivd (COMBAT LOG).

3. Death when combat logging is not in effect.

Now there are a few things that most complainers seem to be having problems grasping.

Thanks for posting this to clear things up for people. Maybe try get the first post by Rocket in this thread edited/updated as it currently says differently..."If you ALT/F4/close anyway, your character is considered "combat logged" and instantly killed and leaves a body"

That might help with the posts worrying about death due to loss of power/internet etc as not everyone is gonna read through all the posts...

Slapping noobs around is what DayZ is all about, hence combat logging is crucial, the rest of the updates are...whatever.

Yes, every update will pretty much affect DayZ: Namalsk and I will have to make it compatible.

Next update for DayZ: Namalsk (v0.60) will be synced with this release. I wanted to release it on weekend, but then I discovered 1.7.3 is near, so it is better to have one release instead of two :)

• Like 4

The system has designed wrongly... they should have added a timer to logout and not disabling the damn quit button. Now if there's someone shooting around, even if you aren't involved into the fight, you cant quit? Immersion...? This is dumb.

I can't wait for the forum full of shit when this comes out...

I agree with you,

You'd of thought that they looked at a number of different solutions to this problem, so they must of decided this was the best way, i just cant see how its better than a timer, maybe someone with the actual reason could elaborate why they chose this way over other solutions...