Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

Good news everyone! DayZ: Namalsk got its first update released! :)

Version 0.60 brings variety of fixes, balancing and also new things!

Read more about this update on the main website http://www.nightstal...u=en_dn_changes

Download the newest version here http://www.nightstal...nu=en_dn_player

Download the newest server things here http://www.nightstal...nu=en_dn_server

Please note:

Bliss server package will be updated tomorrow, but you can already download needed files (updated server pbo and mission file) from the official website!

This DayZ: Namalsk update also requires Update 2.1 of Namalsk Crisis released also today!

DayZ Commander support is coming!

I hope you guys enjoy this update and as always, keep feedback coming! :thumbsup:

Here some beans for you, you will need them :beans:

Edited by Sumrak
  • Like 4

But what's wrong with the crash sites? Why don't you want them to be enabled?

I do not want to have helicrashes enabled because when you have them enabled, it spawns helicrashes near the spawn points and on not really meaningful places, I wanted to get them under control, with much much less yield and on the meaningful places like for example mountains, where player has to take some risks going there. :)

Just to make things clear, I need only to replace the small PBO file in my @NC addons folder, if I'm not mistaken !

Thanks.

Just to make things clear, I need only to replace the small PBO file in my @NC addons folder, if I'm not mistaken !

Thanks.

It depends on what you download.

( I will describe it as it is on http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php?menu=en_dn_player )

You can download DayZ: Namalsk v0.60 - data file pbo (3.9MB, *.7z), but as it is written below it, you will need to have then Namalsk Crisis Update 2 "Pathfinder" and Namalsk Crisis Update 2.1 (click-able links there)

Or (better)

You can download DayZ: Namalsk v0.60 + Namalsk Crisis Update 2.1 (85MB, *.7z) and you will just need to have Namalsk Crisis Update 2 "Pathfinder" (click-able links there)

I guess most of you guys already have Namalsk Crisis Update 2 "Pathfinder", so just download DayZ: Namalsk v0.60 + Namalsk Crisis Update 2.1

Extract content of the downloaded archive to the @NC\Addons\ and confirm the overwrite of the files.

Sumrak, please make a publicvariableval.txt with weapons allowed on DayZ Namalsk.

Sure, I will take a look on it!

Tried this map out today. Phenomenal, I love the atmosphere, can't wait to play more.

Also: The wind. The goddamn wind.

The periodic far-off screaming mingled in with the howling wind is absolutely terrifying. Y'did a good job with it.

Edited by Dreadsauce

Thansk for the great map and update.

However I have a bug to report regarding Warm Clothing.

Putting on Warm Clothing will cause your iron sights to be off center and useless.

Tried this map out today. Phenomenal, I love the atmosphere, can't wait to play more.

Also: The wind. The goddamn wind.

The periodic far-off screaming mingled in with the howling wind is absolutely terrifying. Y'did a good job with it.

Thanks!

Thansk for the great map and update.

However I have a bug to report regarding Warm Clothing.

Putting on Warm Clothing will cause your iron sights to be off center and useless.

M4A1 CCO SD seems to be pretty correct and accurate for example, can you please tell me, on which weapon did you noticed it?

Thanks!

M4A1 CCO SD seems to be pretty correct and accurate for example, can you please tell me, on which weapon did you noticed it?

I've noticed it on the PDW and ER7

Very Nice update, Make the Kiddie-Snipers more rare ist so good!! now we can actually play this map without getting klicked by bored kiddies who search a sniper 10 hours and the sit back to destroy players experience with your map.

All the other changes are great too!

they need to get this update on DayZ Commander so more servers will run it

• Like 1

they need to get this update on DayZ Commander so more servers will run it

Absolutely, we are postponing updating our server until its on DayZ Commander

The warm clothing is visually fucked up, your right cheek glitches through the hoodie and you can see the black balaclava when you turn your face and even if your head is facing straight. The hands are retarded as well, when you holster your weapon (atleast for me) I think the top part of your hands glitches into the lower part of your hands. Then the wrists are fkin retarded, they're extremely thing and look twisted. When prone, if you crawl forward you can see the higher part of your legs glitch as well. Overall the warm clothing model isn't worked on properly.

Another thing is, idk bout everyone else, I've seen a few videos, but me and my mates never found a vehicle and never heard one driving around either. What to talk about the new helis, never seen them on helipads or being controlled by a player.

why are only a few servers running 0.6?

Because Dayz Commander has made everyone fucking lazy and no one will do anything until it is available on there.

• Like 1

Because Dayz Commander has made everyone fucking lazy and no one will do anything until it is available on there.

well like it or not, that's the name of the game now

I'm not sure what the issue with this update is. DayZ Commander seems to get most updates right away

Yea... truth is i wont update til DZC does... just because everyone i play with uses it... and in all honesty i got absolutely sick to death o talking people through installs and setups before hand, i like spirited machines arma 2 launcher, you would think its fairly self explanatory... but apparently it is not! So im a fan o DZC just because it saves me countless hours o extremely frustrating BS, yah can just say "install commander"... and the rest they can figure out for themselves.

Visually a good looking map, I really enjoy snow and this cold feeling it (literally) gives. A tad small region but can't really complain about that after all effort modders have seen for this. Looks and sounds great.

I seem to disagree with authors view on weapon and ammo loot (to that extend it's under his controll) - this ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous amount of military guns you find so easily is quite an ambience ruiner for me. I thought I met a hacker when I and my friend shot down a bandit having L85A2 and he returned to shoot us in 10 minutes with AS50. He told me that there are helicrashes everywhere so one can equip himself with best .50 cal weapons in no time. It's a real shame as it removes certain survival factors completely and considering the size of map and open fields, I doubt how funny it's going to be facing antimaterial rifles more common than in Chernarus. I was happy in vanilla DayZ when I found better and better weapons in risky adventures to the airfields and military bases, now in Namalsk I need to walk about 50 meters and I have better gear I ever had in Chernarus. My friend found a heavy machine gun, AS50 and FN FAL after 3 minutes of walking. If this is a military island, yep why not. But this wasn't survival game when I played this; it was your typical Battlefield 3 deathmatch according to amount of killing and weapons used.

I whine a lot, yep. I'm such an oddball post-apocalyptic-fan that would prefer scarcity in every aspect - food, ammo, guns. This is a gorgeous map but I would like to see weapon and ammo loots being toned down. Maybe there's a more peaceful private server I could play in, it would give more credit to this map.

Edited by Kuikka

The warm clothing is visually fucked up, your right cheek glitches through the hoodie and you can see the black balaclava when you turn your face and even if your head is facing straight. The hands are retarded as well, when you holster your weapon (atleast for me) I think the top part of your hands glitches into the lower part of your hands. Then the wrists are fkin retarded, they're extremely thing and look twisted. When prone, if you crawl forward you can see the higher part of your legs glitch as well. Overall the warm clothing model isn't worked on properly.

Another thing is, idk bout everyone else, I've seen a few videos, but me and my mates never found a vehicle and never heard one driving around either. What to talk about the new helis, never seen them on helipads or being controlled by a player.

Yes, I know about these visual bugs, I will try to fix some of them and include it in the next release.

Vehicles are on Namalsk, over 35 spawn points, boats, urals, uaz, bicycles and also Mi-17 and Ka-60 choppers.

Visually a good looking map, I really enjoy snow and this cold feeling it (literally) gives. A tad small region but can't really complain about that after all effort modders have seen for this. Looks and sounds great.

I seem to disagree with authors view on weapon and ammo loot (to that extend it's under his controll) - this ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous amount of military guns you find so easily is quite an ambience ruiner for me. I thought I met a hacker when I and my friend shot down a bandit having L85A2 and he returned to shoot us in 10 minutes with AS50. He told me that there are helicrashes everywhere so one can equip himself with best .50 cal weapons in no time. It's a real shame as it removes certain survival factors completely and considering the size of map and open fields, I doubt how funny it's going to be facing antimaterial rifles more common than in Chernarus. I was happy in vanilla DayZ when I found better and better weapons in risky adventures to the airfields and military bases, now in Namalsk I need to walk about 50 meters and I have better gear I ever had in Chernarus. My friend found a heavy machine gun, AS50 and FN FAL after 3 minutes of walking. If this is a military island, yep why not. But this wasn't survival game when I played this; it was your typical Battlefield 3 deathmatch according to amount of killing and weapons used.

I whine a lot, yep. I'm such an oddball post-apocalyptic-fan that would prefer scarcity in every aspect - food, ammo, guns. This is a gorgeous map but I would like to see weapon and ammo loots being toned down. Maybe there's a more peaceful private server I could play in, it would give more credit to this map.

Thank you!

I said numerous of times that server hosters should use the edited server pbo as a basic for their servers, because I do not want to have helicrashes enabled. I already tried partially get rid of the helicrashes by replacing the loot table with trash, but it still needs at least partial modifications to the server pbo. If someone just use the default chernarus like server pbo, Namalsk related changes wont be applied and it will be bugged. This also applies when someone merge namalsk world package with other (like killmsg and carepkg packages) using bliss server pack, but this will be hopefully fixed in the coming days. Helicrash loot on Namalsk has special value (it has been done to be even more rare in the last update, check the changelog) and more special locations. Giving access to the high grade weapons only to lucky ones.

Yes, there are still plenty of mid class weapons, but from the last patch you can see, I am not trying to leave it as it is and trying do some changes (yes, be aware, DayZ: Namalsk is also not 1.0 release but 0.60). However the military building count probably wont be changed, only loot in it could be in the next releases. But it won't be like Chernarus, Namalsk is simply different map.

Nice to see the update!

I understand your idea of making heli crashes more difficult to get to, instead of them just popping up where people first spawn. But I would like them to be at least somewhat random, right now they are static objects like any building, which means it takes about ten seconds for people to learn where they are and go loot them regularly.

Can't you make them slightly more random? Like not appearing on every restart and not always appearing in the same spots? I would like that at least :)

Otherwise - Good job!

Also, how about changing the ghillie/warm clothing color to something more gray/white? As it fits better with Namalsk vegetation. Right now the fresh spawn clothing gives better camoflage at the mountain tops than any other skin in the game :P Or even better, add clothing with a second color, so people can have snow and grass camo and switch between them.

Edited by DuggeDank

Nice to see the update!

I understand your idea of making heli crashes more difficult to get to, instead of them just popping up where people first spawn. But I would like them to be at least somewhat random, right now they are static objects like any building, which means it takes about ten seconds for people to learn where they are and go loot them regularly.

Can't you make them slightly more random? Like not appearing on every restart and not always appearing in the same spots? I would like that at least :)

Otherwise - Good job!

Also, how about changing the ghillie/warm clothing color to something more gray/white? As it fits better with Namalsk vegetation. Right now the fresh spawn clothing gives better camoflage at the mountain tops than any other skin in the game :P Or even better, add clothing with a second color, so people can have snow and grass camo and switch between them.

Thanks!

Yes, this is doable and I would like to implement some randomness, but again, serverside update, which in the final, will apply like on 10% on the server population :/ We really need to centralize changes for serverside before deploying any additional things on servers.

Yes, definitely! In winter update :P

Great map and well tought out. Loving it, one suggestion I would make is to add more 50Cals and more Russian weapons. I'd love to see the KSVK in the game.

And don't listen to the n00bies complaining about getting killed by one shot kills, they need to learn to use their environment better not whine about getting killed.

All in all looking good.