Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

Nope.

Then I am not sure where the problem lies. I haven't done changes to sniper rifles except their spawn rate, which is completely something different. Did you tried it in the editor, just shooting random things, or even on other DayZ map?

Can u please explain me where i can report bugs?:/ i maybe missed it. I just got dropped throw the floor in the one of the building in city )= and few other

You can here, pm me or mail me, thanks!

I only want to hear sounds which are really there; no screaming kids or footsteps etc...

the island's haunted dude

• Like 1

My ironsights are way off to the right while wearing warm clothes, tested it with several iron sights.

Everything is fine while wearing civilian / ghillie or camo suit but after switching to warm clothes it is really hard to aim without a CCO / Cobra or something.

the island's haunted dude

It's a nice touch in a single player setting but for a multi player pvp map I think it should be optional, just like the music in chernarus is.

Edited by toastyy
  • Like 2

In an extensive session yesterday with the latest version of the map our squad noticed several places where zombies are kind of stuck and do not move unless you get close to them/trigger them in the usual way; first we thought they may have had chased a player previously and lost them on ladders/doors or ground objects but it quite quickly showed up that this was not the case; they just stand there doing nothing

It's a nice touch in a single player setting but for a multi player pvp map I think it should be optional, just like the music in chernarus is.

island's still haunted. those children are stuck in limbo and you want to silence their cries, smh

island's still haunted. those children are stuck in limbo and you want to silence their cries, smh

I just want to enjoy the (excellently designed) map fully, taking away being able to use sound in dayz is like trying to play football with a bag over your head.

Spooky sounds are cute for a one off singleplayer campaign but not for a multiplayer map that you may spend hundreds of hours on.

Edited by toastyy

They are "cool" the first half hour... until you realize they are repetitive, and after some days of playing they are annoying and not enjoying anymore.

I agree, the volume of these sounds should be reduce to a very low level (a sort of background impercetible noise) or eliminated all together.

when can we expect the next patch, the map is the best of dayZ maps!

Thanks, well I think, you can expect a patch when DayZ gets updated (because I will need to edit my files to be same like those in the newest dayz release). And as for DayZ: Namalsk itself, there are lots of things waiting to be done or finished. I am currently trying to figure out the aiming problem with warm clothes and also implementing the snowfall into weather script, on which is DayZ running (this may take some time.. but it is looking great even now!).

• Like 4

@ wickedinsane

Sounds like the server needs a restart, has always been a problem and still is, to a certain but lesser extent.

Thanks for this info but I think this will not be the reason since in the server message it says the server restarts 4 times within 24hrs; I would guess that this is often enough to keep the server at a good performance, is it?

Every four hours is pretty good, imho.

Maybe the server is not up to the job, apart from that, I've no idea.

I found a spot where it was raining Z'ds and reported the map reference here.

If it is something that can be reproduced at a certain area(s) it might be worth taking note.

Thanks.

Edited by Boneboys

Every four hours is pretty good, imho.

Maybe the server is not up to the job, apart from that, I've no idea.

I found a spot where it was raining Z'ds and reported the map reference here.

If it is something that can be reproduced at a certain area(s) it might be worth taking note.

Thanks.

Spot is nearly everywhere where zombies are, mostly encountered in Vorkuta and at Old Hospital but also on the large military stands; I am pretty sure that the zombies are stuck in the ground since some of them cannot move but you hear them aggro. We have known Namalsk for a pretty buggy ground, many broken legs and zombies walking inside the ground (supermarket@hospital) so the spawn areas may be checked and corrected y-axis-wise; will take and post screenshots so Sumrak may check them.

Edited by wickedinsane

They are "cool" the first half hour... until you realize they are repetitive, and after some days of playing they are annoying and not enjoying anymore.

I agree, the volume of these sounds should be reduce to a very low level (a sort of background impercetible noise) or eliminated all together.

I'm just making jokes. I don't think it's a big deal. after awhile I don't get annoyed, I just don't even hear them anymore. just like the fence twangs and branches crunching on Chernarus. honestly I think the hokiest sounds were on Lingor

Some bugs that I've noticed after playing Namalsk for the past few dayz.... Pun INTENDED.

1) you spawn in the ground, like you're in the water. Usually moving will solve this, but very occasionally it won't.

2) Shooting is VERY laggy/bugged. You can shoot someone and they will have time to turn around and empty a whole M4 mag into you before they die, killing you as well. Happened on every server I've played on (with an average of 20-30 ping too, so not my connection.) and it also happens server wide, so it's not just me. Occasionally the lag will be so bad that everyone around you will seem to halt, but they're still moving. This means it's really easy to clear anyone out of buildings and there's no way to defend against this really. I suspect this is more of a server side problem but it doesn't seem to happen on Chernarus servers (Or even Lingor Island, from what I've played).

3) The warm clothing skin appears to be 'stretched' when holding most weapons, also not sure if it was intentional but it seems the only skin that looses heat is the civilian one? Bandits and ghillies seem to act like the warm clothing, haven't found camo clothing yet.

4) Again, not sure if this is intentional but I seem to need antibiotics every 10 minutes or so, so either I stock up in the hopes I can find some warm clothing soon or I camp the hospital in hopes that the good loot comes to me.

5) Zombies get stuck often, seemingly on nothing. Not sure if this is due to DayZ or Namalsk but it's an issue although not game-breaking.

Overall, it's a brilliant map and I've been enjoying it a lot over the past few days but I've had enough of looting the bunker at Object AII so I think I'll wait until some of the more major issues are ironed out.

Anyone know the building ID for the underground area at Object AII?

My ironsights are way off to the right while wearing warm clothes, tested it with several iron sights.

Everything is fine while wearing civilian / ghillie or camo suit but after switching to warm clothes it is really hard to aim without a CCO / Cobra or something.

I can confirm this, more a matter of guessing and good luck to kill someone,

it´s because of that damn twisted left ankle...

plz fix warm clothes asap :)

often I spawn next to a backpack. not sure what that's all about

That's not a bug. Usually, we drop backpacks to hide better.

That's not a bug. Usually, we drop backpacks to hide better.

I thought about that after I posted. I guess a lot of people are doing that now

I can confirm this, more a matter of guessing and good luck to kill someone,

it´s because of that damn twisted left ankle...

plz fix warm clothes asap :)

The bullet still falls where the front post sits... so not such a big deal for open dove tail sites, just a pain for ones with rear aperture!(pdw) It shoots to the right

Edited by KingOchaos

I seem to be stuck under Object AI. I probably shouldn't have pushed the issue but I was able to make it to the center most "crater" and now I am under the "object" and can't get out. I have no grenade or any way to break my leg.... so basically it wont let me get out or respawn. Any ideas?

I did that yesterda

I seem to be stuck under Object AI. I probably shouldn't have pushed the issue but I was able to make it to the center most "crater" and now I am under the "object" and can't get out. I have no grenade or any way to break my leg.... so basically it wont let me get out or respawn. Any ideas?

i did that yesterday too :D There are two eays yah can do it... i managed to prone, and crawl under the crater, and managed to stand up after much effort, and that broke my legs, and knocked me out, and eventually killed me.... The other way is, when you are logging back in, hit the esc when you are "waiting for character to create", then just wait for it to load in, and the respawn button wont be greyed out... yup, curiousity can sure kill some cats eh ;)