Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

Too few animal, too much guns.

It makes that map a real PVP one.

If we want to adapt this map, we need to change tha tableloots of the buildings, balance the animals, and make the zombies more aggressive.

All those asking for more food, more supermarkets, more matches, do you really want to turn this into another Chernarus ?

Namalsk turns DayZ upside down, flips it around so that instead of the only real end game of trying to get the best and shiniest weapons and then getting bored so you go kill other survivors for fun aswell as

Chernarus

- Plentiful food,

- Drink,

- Ability to live off the land and hide away in the woods to play happy families

You now have

Namalsk

- Plentiful Shiney weapons ( getting the best gear is not endgame anymore )

- Very little food

- Extreme environmental challanges

- Got to keep moving

This gives you a reason to shoot someone, not just for fun, but to survive !

Hoping they have a tin of beans on them or some heatpacks, or even some extra ammo because you don't want to have to venture upto the military base's again in the mountains and have to watse 3+ heatpacks trying not to catch a cold.

Im down to my last 2 tins of beans and im on 9k blood.

In Chernarus I used to eat those beans as soon as I found them for that extra 200 blood per tin. Or stroll into any open field and kill me a cow for 800 blood per steak.

But now, I dare not eat those beans until my food icon starts flashing. Im eating beans to stop myself starving, and not just to get my blood back upto 12k.

Oh how I dream of finding that tastey oh so sweet and juicy cow on Namalsk. But im glad they are so rare. It gives me a purpose to kill , steal , plunder without feeling guilty that I killed that guy for nothing.

This, is surviving !!

I'm on Day 3, I have not once set foot in Vorkuta, yet I have all the available tools. You don't have to go there. Only the foolish , brave and the lucky goto Vorkuta. I am niether of those. I am a survivor.

Thankyou Sumrak :beans:

• Like 12

I haven't even played it and it has become my favourite DayZ map [sorry Chernarus].

Are you delusional my friend?

Nightvision [x] GPS [x] Snipers (as50/DMR/m107) [x] check check check. All in game. Not sure what you're on about there.

I just wish the warm clothes actually worked.

AMAZING map other than that though.

OK ithought the NV and GPS are all broken, i found one broken and i hope they will be removed...snipers are in? a shit..pvp 1 shot kiddies are soon going to this map

This map would perfectly fit if we use smt else than DayZ, such as DayZhardcore, DayZCPC, AlderonMOD, DayZSurvival...

OK ithought the NV and GPS are all broken, i found one broken and i hope they will be removed...snipers are in? a shit..pvp 1 shot kiddies are soon going to this map

Its the PvP that makes dayz... you should consider investing in Skyrim, i believe it is this kinda game you seem to be alluding too wanting to play(or the fallouts etc there is a whole genre of these games... dayz is not amongst them..

Ill shoot yah on sight in a heavily populated server... just because the resource base will be being spread too thin, and i NEED yah beans... on a lower population server i wont hunt yah down... its a safer bet to avoid conflict, and still stay supplied as the odds of the resources being stripped are less.. but this game is built on the paranoia of that sniper, or that bandit, being around the next corner, its what makes the game great. trusting someone who says they are friendly will probably just get yah a bullet in the head. If paranoia is not yah thing, maybe look at a different game, rather than trying to change a great game to what is already everywhere in the gaming market. (its great with mates... but believing you can trust a stranger in side is just naive)

Love the map. Got me back into the mod.

I would suggest NOT changing the matches spawn rate. It aids in forcing people north. I would instead place burning barrels throughout the southern areas of the map.

As someone said before, the animal spawn rate is a bit low. It doesn't need to be tripled or anything, but it should probably be increased a little bit.

Every time I have gutted a boar, I am told there is 4 meat on the carcass, but am unable to loot the meat. This also happened once for a sheep, but it became available after waiting a couple minutes.

I would almost rather the Warm Clothing be removed from the game. It is nice that people cannot camp up in the mountains, and players not wearing it are more likely to have an increase in interacting with other players. I will say, it is nice to see a different skin being put into the game. Speaking of skins...

The camo clothing and ghillie suit should offer a reduced visual picture against zombies. Maybe camo reduces it by 1 and ghillie by 2. Not sure if that is possible to change, but it would be a nice touch up. Warm clothing also does not stay upon logging out. You revert back to civilian clothes.

I have noticed I have been unable to interact with a couple deerstands (climbing up the ladder). Only one that I distinctly remember was east of sebjan mine.

Every server I have played on so far has one giant problem. Every time somebody dies, they get kicked by battleye (MPeventhandler restriction #36). It is pretty annoying, plus I'm sure it isn't that great for the servers with people logging in and out over and over again.

Kinda wish there was more use of certain areas within the map. (ex. out by the hospitals) Making people run for two hours to get to the hospital isn't very fun.

Like I said before, great map. Am much more immersed in this map over any of the others. Keep up the good work! :D

Edited by Zipper -82ndAB-

I got a Jeep and it goes beep beep !

Wildlife is out there, you just have to go hunting.

Stil havn't found a tent in the South !

4L4N has pretty much summed it up.

Someone knows where the heli spawns in this map?, because it wont show any Vehicles on dayzdb.com...

Thanks you guys for the feedback, I am going through it and I am still alive, but very busy! As I am preparing a new build :P (current version is to be 0.58)

What you can expect:

Some little balancing and script fixes

Loot changes, additions and fixes (I will give you more info asap)

Zombies in the places you would not expect

Some minor island fixes

Care packages - behaviour like helicrashes but bringing some medical supplies, not much, but you could possibly have more chance to loot antibiotics from it

Please take in mind, that last week most of servers had random helicrash event still on because of the wrong used server pbo, this will be fixed! (I do not want to have DayZ helicrashes on Namalsk, I myself done even deeper changes to the static helicrash namalsk loot sites, but for the safety reasons, I 'killed' the original helicrash loot :P )

Back to work :thumbsup:

And here some beans for ya :beans:

ps:

I am already thinking what could be done in the longer timeframe..

improving the weather engine, bringing the snowfall and the snowfall factor into temperature script (sorry, I just couldn't resist, we've got first snow today!)

Distributing frozen food (you have to take it to the fireplace to eat it)

Repairing broken equipment, making 1 functional from 2-3 broken ones

Edited by Sumrak
  • Like 8

Someone knows where the heli spawns in this map?, because it wont show any Vehicles on dayzdb.com...

WIP by DayZDB

Positions on the default settings:

Ka-60 Kasatka on Seraja heliport

Mi-17 Civil version on Lubjansk heliport

• Like 3

I like planed changes. Good work again.

Btw, probably do you know, but. On bridge and undeground (Object 2) not working light like a: road flares, chemilight, torch. Will be fixed?

Some sort of arctic/white skin would be a useful addition. i spend a fair bit of my time above the snowline, and there is nothing I can do to make the skins in-game right now hard to see up there.

More like a recolour of the warm clothing. I'm not a fan of wookie-suits.

It's out of control again... already too many ppl with that plasma rifle because of duping and cheating. If those cheaters had a chance to kill ya with an AS50 .. now they can kill ya with a sniper rifle that is capable of shooting straight up to the viewing distance and more.

I understand the necessity of looking for new weapon, and the good intentions of having a weapon with a very low spawn rate.. but didn't you learned anything? No matter how low is the spawn rate, first or late half of the players will have it (look at the AS50).

I would reconsider this decision, and remove this thing from the map.

• Like 1

The location of Heli spawns has been given in this Topic, 7 posts up.

+ DayZ DB Map is in the first Post.

Server problems do not belong here.

Thanks you guys for the feedback, I am going through it and I am still alive, but very busy! As I am preparing a new build :P (current version is to be 0.58)

What you can expect:

Some little balancing and script fixes

Loot changes, additions and fixes (I will give you more info asap)

Zombies in the places you would not expect

Some minor island fixes

Care packages - behaviour like helicrashes but bringing some medical supplies, not much, but you could possibly have more chance to loot antibiotics from it

Please take in mind, that last week most of servers had random helicrash event still on because of the wrong used server pbo, this will be fixed! (I do not want to have DayZ helicrashes on Namalsk, I myself done even deeper changes to the static helicrash namalsk loot sites, but for the safety reasons, I 'killed' the original helicrash loot :P )

Back to work :thumbsup:

And here some beans for ya :beans:

ps:

I am already thinking what could be done in the longer timeframe..

improving the weather engine, bringing the snowfall and the snowfall factor into temperature script (sorry, I just couldn't resist, we've got first snow today!)

Distributing frozen food (you have to take it to the fireplace to eat it)

Repairing broken equipment, making 1 functional from 2-3 broken ones

Wow NICE!!

Edited by 4L4N
added quote box

I have this installed via DayZ Commander. what do I need to play the SP Arma 2 missions for this map?

edit: I tried just enabling the expansion (Namalsk Crisis) in the Arma 2 menu, but I got a couple errors about missing files, and the game froze when I picked the difficulty and hit play. am I missing some files, or is there a conflict somewhere?

edit 2: got SP to work by going back to the Six Updater :wacko:

Edited by daze23

Sumrak,the lack of food is brilliant and drives a constant move mentality not geared towards getting geared but freaking surviving.And I love the many weapons laying around as the area seems very militarist(?) to me and by making food so scarce we still have to hustle about.But this could be improved upon by tweaking hunger and bloodloss/gains.First remove blood loss from hunger and then add in blood gain at a certain percentage only when your food icon is not blinking.This way you can keep the needed "lack of food" idea and not kill off many players from servers that get looted too fast.

TD;LR remove the bloodloss from hunger

Edited by wolfstriked