rocket

You want some more progress screenshots of DayZ Standalone?

Awesome! Thanks for more screenshots. :)

I wonder about Chernarus+. After playing Chernarus for so long I've come to realize that on the outskirts of the map there is a lot of map areas that could be used. For example very far north east there is quite a large island. It's at the very top of the map yet it's not used at all along with some other islands. Then comes the many hills around the map that could have buildings/trees and such as well. Hopefully some of those will be better used.

• Like 1

Awesome!

I just hope Zombies won't glitch through walls and I won't break legs :D

Edited by TSAndrey

I always said it.. Gotta have more Lathes...

Thanks for listening. :)

• Like 3

Lookin good.... i see lathes.. big ones, not like my toy lathe... big enough to rebore a barrel even. If there was power... who knows eh. either way lookin good guys.

Looks great, I'm loving the approach being taken. I notice in a couple of the shots the sun is shining through the windows. ATM the lighting indoors isn't very atmospheric (I think because it didn't run smoothly originally). Will the new engine allow for some cool indoor lighting effects?

Hey Rocket,

I love the new screens, and I hope to see more and more as standalone approaches.

However, in addition to an art-themed update, is there any way you could talk about how the optimization is coming along?

I have an i5-3570K at 4.2Ghz and a GTX 690, and I still drop to 40FPS in big cities like Cherno. Can I expect a solid 60FPS everywhere in the standalone?

http://dayzdev.tumbl...ntinued-i-was-a

Next week we start the final phase of our data migration, which will then result in some new screenshots demonstrating some Take on Helicopter vehicles ported over, giving DayZ access to many types of vehicles from military helicopters, to fire engines, police cars, and all the military and civilian vehicles you are used too from ArmA2

Oh yessss....sounds awesome!

Edited by tickle_me_jesus
  • Like 1

Awesome! Thanks for more screenshots. :)

I wonder about Chernarus+. After playing Chernarus for so long I've come to realize that on the outskirts of the map there is a lot of map areas that could be used. For example very far north east there is quite a large island. It's at the very top of the map yet it's not used at all along with some other islands. Then comes the many hills around the map that could have buildings/trees and such as well. Hopefully some of those will be better used.

On some maps it appears to be an island but it is actually part of the mainland and its really quite expansive up there.

A great addition to the hills and forests would be random hunting cabins and abandoned camp sites. Perhaps even some abandoned LZs with equipment lying around.

• Like 2

Nice Stuff and thank you for keeping us all in the Loop

Looks great Rocket,

reminds me of home when i was a young kid growing up in Russia

Keep up the awesome work, cant wait to play your masterpiece !

Looks really great, especially that entirely new area in the first screenshot, here are the full size images.

2s6kn0p.jpg

3500v8n.jpg

2podzpx.jpg

10mrdk7.jpg

16h36s.jpg

2hzoax0.jpg

fmntxi.jpg

34ilrvt.jpg

10y0tnk.jpg

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 13

..sweet!! Keep on god work...in Rocket we trust

i really do hope that the two programmers will be set free soon..it is sad that such great talents are currently not able to work on this project..

Nice pics, but I expected something else. That is ArmA II. It is the same game as DayZmod but with a few new features.

Look at the hospital, it is the same hospital as the current one but with 2 or 3 more large rooms. For example: I expected a entire new building for the hospital and much much bigger.

Chernarus-plus is going to be the current Chernarus but with new buildings.

This is just what I think when I look at those pics. DayZstandalone is going to be DayZmod but with some new animations and buildings... but mostly the same thing.

Anyway, I love DayZ and I want to marry Rocket. This is just my opinion, I think you are doing a good job, and DayZ is like one of my favourites games ever.

Thanks for creating this amazing game.

Edited by MrKalimotxo