rocket

You want some more progress screenshots of DayZ Standalone?

Nice! =)

We can use these tools to repair engines and weapons as a mini game maybe...

10.jpg

Edited by vacalouca

Looks very good, good progress. All very nice, but factory/workshop with lathes. I never it saw in room diagonally. Should be perpendicular to the walls - no big deal ofc. And some light - lamps on ceiling or skylights. I was in factory few times :) Plaster should be more subtle. But overall as I said - veeery nice. I can't wait standalone.

Sooooo excited for the hospital. There will be blood ^_^

This is something I'm still not clear on. Will Chernarus+ have any new land areas or will it have the same footprint with new buildings added to some of the "empty" spots? I hope all of the empty spots don't get filled in, I like hunting rabbits in those empty spots and the map already starts to feel small after awhile.

I don't know about you but if I found a tank I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know how to drive it.

Nether i would know , but i would try ;)

Really looks good. I like the comment of not just adding blood to add it, but to have it be individual story of what might of happened.

While I see big improvements with these screenshots I can't help but to see them just as a new area on the DayZ Mod on ARMA 2. Still looks the same, the vibe is still the same, the environment and objects still look just like in the Mod. All just feels the same to me.

Are these screenshots taken within the new Standalone engine or just in Chernarus Plus with the ARMA 2 engine? Maybe that's why I'm feeling that.

Extraordinary looking work yet again... Cheers Rocket & Dev Team.

I did some quick overpaint to illustate my point.

Nice overpaint sir.

I didnt mean only textures but also objects like junk on the ground,someone is tryed to baricade the doors,someone is moved the big old closet in front of the door,all kind of stuff that people will do in time of zombie apocalipse.Basicaly what i want to say is make the environment to tell the story,when you see something you know what posibly is happened.I know that we create your story but the world is been here before us and have already shit happens in it.

34ilrvt_01-1.jpg

This! A million times this!!

Looks great, a game rich in texture adds to the realistic feel.

When i think about a game that i would enjoy above all others, it is a must to have a realistic look and feel.

This game comes very close to the game i dream of.

All that is missing is=

1) Limb decapitation for Zombies, Animals & Humans.

2) More blood and guts, blood trails.

3) Zombies being the main threat to survival, only PvP is 70% due to friendly fire, other 30% asshat bandits.

(plus would be great if once a player turned bandit skin, NPC's spawn at random locations & actively hunt down said bandit)

4) Doors that can be barricaded and broken down, broken through by Zombies.

5) Stench meter, allowing for detection of dead. (i do like the fly's, but they should disappear after set amount of time)

(plus can allow for infection if have no face mask, bandetta or gas mask) <-- perhaps even a clothes peg lol.

6) Map size so large that a helicopter would need stop for fuel once or twice in order to reach from 1 side to the other.

7) Many more melee weapons with different damage outputs.

8) Many more clothing options.

9) Many more drug types, both legal & illegal, including alcohol, tobacco & caffeine.

10) Fire damage, molotov's & flamethrowers. <--- even if its just a can of fly spray & lighter.

11) More zombie types & increase in zombie numbers. <--zombies really do need be the No.1 threat.

12) Many more animal types plus vermin, like rats, foxes, snakes, bears. <--if i were hungry enough id eat a rat or cat.

Could think up more, but i wanna get back into gaming ☺

• Like 3

Great progress; this game is going to win Game of the Year, I know it!

Looks Awsome thanks for the sneak peak.

1 question but how will I gain access to the Alfa release I can't find any info about it do I need register somewhere

I didnt mean only textures but also objects like junk on the ground,someone is tryed to baricade the doors,someone is moved the big old closet in front of the door,all kind of stuff that people will do in time of zombie apocalipse.Basicaly what i want to say is make the environment to tell the story,when you see something you know what posibly is happened.I know that we create your story but the world is been here before us and have already shit happens in it.

34ilrvt_01-1.jpg

What Rocket is saying is that it's easy to add these objects but they're only aesthetic, he wants the players to tell the story...

Screenshots look great, hope to see more. :D

• Like 1

In Real life if u saw a tank or any police car or militar vehicles or weapons u would take it for survive , so i think its correct , as they should unbanned the thanks at leats they should unban one model only but should be spawned as a rare vehicle and broked or without fuel

You have any idea how much gas/diesel tank would consume? You woudnt get very far with it or you had stop for refuel very often, and its loud as hell.. police car, maybe but works there as any other... military vehicles except the cars are as usefull as the tank what comes to fuel consumption and loudness...I woudnt touch these things, only regular cars.. van/suv/pickup...

And that overpaint looks wicked!

Edited by Zeppa

34ilrvt_01-1.jpg

Awesome man, but now you do that for every interior in the game, and the game will be unplayable on any computer. It's an open world, the machine won't only render this corridor, it has to render all the terrain and surroundings buildings, even with a very smart use of LOD I just can't see these graphical details without a huge drop in performance. (Nevertheless I still hope rocket team is going for something like that, but I doubt it will occur in the first phases of alpha. First gameplay, then cool-looking content)

Awesome man, but now you do that for every interior in the game, and the game will be unplayable on any computer. It's an open world, the machine won't only render this corridor, it has to render all the terrain and surroundings buildings, even with a very smart use of LOD I just can't see these graphical details without a huge drop in performance. (Nevertheless I still hope rocket team is going for something like that, but I doubt it will occur in the first phases of alpha. First gameplay, then cool-looking content)

Yes off course gameplay is firts.If something like this is in their plans they will make it to run without problems.I just give my two cents. :)

" This way, we believe what happens in the world matters, instead of simply adding some crashed buses and blood everywhere."

I see what you did there Rocket....

Honestly I'm very disapointed. I haven't been following the standalone news for a while now, but I was expecting some improvement from the mod. This looks and feels exactly the same as the mod. Maybe i was expecting too much

hi,

Very nice work.

I wish those buildings were included when ArmA2 released.

cya.

Nikiller.