rocket

You want some more progress screenshots of DayZ Standalone?

I can already imagine walking around that hospital at night.

reminds me of silent hill hospital :) (and I'm not implying the graphics looks like playstation :) )

Cool screenshots.

Indeed they look clean, please consider including brooms and mops to the game so that we can keep places that way. Zombies do get messy some times.

New buildings look really good.But you really need to make them to look messy.Now everything look like all the people are disappear at the same time without any clue what is happening.Beside that really good job. :)

Guys please read before you post something about clean interiors

One caveat I forgot last time, the interiors do look very clean. Adding gore or deterioration can quickly be overdone, so we feel our first task is to create the interiors and ensure we are happy with the gameplay and quality of the basic texture work - then we will go through to add elements more authentic to the situation. Overall, we believe the experience should have a style more akin to “The Road” rather than gore for gore’s sake. When you find gore in DayZ, it will mean something and have impact. In fact, it will be most likely due to tragedy or betrayal involving a human player. This way, we believe what happens in the world matters, instead of simply adding some crashed buses and blood everywhere.

Edited by Bornix

Can't wait to see people going through Cherno with the Sirens blazing lol

A must have for a Cherno Police!

MOAR!

I don't care what they show. Just spam whatever you're working on. It doesn't have to be 100% completed. I REALLY DON'T CARE! :)

Looking great.

Starting to get a STALKER vibe from these new shots, if the standalone can capture anywhere near the amount of atmosphere and immersion as that game (which it looks very close to doing already even at this stage), it will be a PC gaming phenomenon. Volumetric lighting..? pretty please..?

• Like 1

Ohh yeahh post some screens with new cloud system.Please....:)

• Like 2

Looks really great Rocket, I honestly can't wait. Thanks for continuing the stream of updates, it really helps to keep people excited, which is good for the game as well as us players.

Also, your mentioning of Police cars reminded me of something I've long thought DayZ needs: Police stations. They are one of the focus points of a zombie apocalypse scenario as the place to get decent guns. I think police weapons should have a bigger role in DayZ and offset military weapons a bit. I know it's a lot of work to create a new building from scratch and add it to the map, but they don't have to be too elaborate (you could even just edit an existing building) and would be a huge addition. Just reuse the model and appropriately place like 3 accross the map. Just having an armory with police weapons (obviously not fully stocked, but the options are: pistols, shotguns, sub-machine guns, AKS-74U maybe) would be great. When clothing is added, it would also be cool if you could loot a Police uniform from the locker room, it could open up some more RP possibilities.

Edited by Kak
  • Like 1

Can we expect police stations along with the police cars you mentioned ? What about A prison? Is that too demanding ? Perhaps next year ?

After watching the new season of The Walking Dead I'd love to see a Prison!

Followed by a Mall like the one in "Dawn of the Dead" (original not remake)

I'd love to see this kind of stuff in the game...it would be a shame not to have it :(

How about taking the "Minecraft" inspiration/approach to the next level with DayZ? lol!

Maybe Rocket should think about accepting the help of talented modders who *will work for FREE*.

There could be a "review" process for accepting work etc., and strict guidelines, but it could allow for faster original content creation.

Just look at the ArmA mod community and the amazing things they produce...

Now imagine if DayZ had modders co-ordinating directly with the devs on assets/maps.

Just a thought I'll leave ya with ;)

New buildings look really good.But you really need to make them to look messy.Now everything look like all the people are disappear at the same time without any clue what is happening.Beside that really good job. :)

Read the text under the images.... They're doing that once they're happy with the basic textures.

Read the text under the images.... They're doing that once they're happy with the basic textures.

I didnt mean only textures but also objects like junk on the ground,someone is tryed to baricade the doors,someone is moved the big old closet in front of the door,all kind of stuff that people will do in time of zombie apocalipse.Basicaly what i want to say is make the environment to tell the story,when you see something you know what posibly is happened.I know that we create your story but the world is been here before us and have already shit happens in it.

I did some quick overpaint to illustate my point.

34ilrvt_01-1.jpg

Edited by ICO_hr
  • Like 36

Chernarus-plus is going to be the current Chernarus but with new buildings.

This is something I'm still not clear on. Will Chernarus+ have any new land areas or will it have the same footprint with new buildings added to some of the "empty" spots? I hope all of the empty spots don't get filled in, I like hunting rabbits in those empty spots and the map already starts to feel small after awhile.

In Real life if u saw a tank or any police car or militar vehicles or weapons u would take it for survive

I don't know about you but if I found a tank I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know how to drive it.

• Like 4