rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

Torches! (like firey)

Also look into specialized pistols, and attachment systems for all weapons :).

As DayZ is all about survival, clothing features should be improved a lot. Not only for visual personalization, but also for thermal and camouflage purposes. In cold weather, you should start stuttering if you don't have proper clothes and shoes. Also, wearing too heavy clothes on sunny weather could cause faster dehydration etc. Shoes of course affect mobility too. Ever tried to run in a forest with some crappy flip flops? :D Clothes could also have camouflage factors (for zombies) based on their color, material etc. Wet clothes get heavier and don't keep you warm like dry clothes do.

• Like 1

Пожалуйста, добавьте съёмные глушители, прицелы, тепловизоры, и т.д.

Если не ко всем оружиям, то хотя-бы для нескольких.

Больше крови.

Добавьте слезоточивый газ и гранату РГО. так-же прошу увеличить дальность поражения гранат осколками, т.к. возможная дальность поражения осколками 110 метров.

Ещё неплохо было-бы обновить арсенал.

Use google translate please, I can't do it.

Edited by Chrome Chife

Remove .50 cal snipers please. Killed by one shot, in an insane range with no sound... is no fun! It just sucks ass.

Reduce american and US weapon spawn rates, but don't remove them.

Keep GPS. I never knew that there was so much dislike for it.

Give us more personality! With faces, body types and standard clothing.

More clothing. Like a raincoat. There could be the bright yellow ones and those ponchos made of transparent plastic. These could add bonus resistences during rain.

Gasmasks and teargas: Standing in teargas makes your screen shake like you're low on blood for some time. If you stand too long in it, you will collapse for some time. Gasmasks heavly reduce your running capabilities. That's why such items should have a fast turn on/off rate.

A splint for fixing up broken bones. Fixing a broken leg only enables walking and not running until you get your morphin.

Molotovs.

Headlamp.

Batteries: for GPS, flashlights, NVGs, rangefinders...

Non lethal weapons, so I can knock out people and rob them.

• Like 1

Make a drawing of grass that you could hide

type clothing for players

there is still plenty of camouflage

sorry for bad english

Would you consider turning Chernarus into a... island?

This would stop vehicle hoarding

BUT:

Is it the right thing to do?

Could it be implemented?

Would the community be ok without the endless grasslands?

• Like 1

Finding wallets from dead zombies, with a random generated first name and sur name would be pretty sweet. Not a first priority but just a cherry on the top.

Edited by voddler

Personally I would like to see more melee weapons and civilian type weapons (such as various hunting rifles)

I feel like it would make more people feel like a survivor instead of a ruthless soldier who just wants to kill everyone.

Also, a notepad/pencil would be an Amazing development. you could leave notes in designated areas (houses or grocery stores maybe)

telling people of your travels or of important information about locations and intelligence. It would be nice if when killed these notes could be taken from the player so that you could see there story and what they have done. I think this would add a huge element to the story telling of dayz

a lot of these suggestions to remove things are silly

"take this out of the game, i got killed by it so it isn't fair"

also there are some good ideas here too. can't wait for standalone :D

• Like 1

[€dited]

Edited by Dallas

Would you consider turning Chernarus into a... island?

This would stop vehicle hoarding

BUT:

Is it the right thing to do?

Could it be implemented?

Would the community be ok without the endless grasslands?

I imagine Chernarus 2.0 will be better locked down. if there was an invisible wall, I wouldn't mind at all

• Like 1

i'd like to suggest.

Head torch.

the ability to lower binos with rmb, rather than having to move.

UI - attached to a key rather than in a menu.. if that makes sense?

keep up the sterling work..

I've been working on the new inventory system.

Bricks are being shat.

Although any improvements on the inventory system are going to be welcome, I just want to say I loved that there was a small chance of losing all your stuff occasionally, it sucked and it was harsh but it gave an extra air of uncertainty to switching bags etc.

I know it was a bug, but it gave the game a sort of pseudo human error factor because in the real world, sometimes people just fuck up and bad things happen especially in stressful situations. Not sure if any of this makes sense, but I liked that there was uncertainty in my ability to perform tasks in the game because it simulates the uncertainty of doing a complex unrehearsed task under stress in the real world.

For the love of all that is holy, be sensible about the military and so-called "high-end" weapons.

Make them slightly rarer if you must, but be sensible.

They are essential and need to be handled delicately, not completely screwed in favor of zombie-movie cliche's (Sawn-off shotguns, chainsaws, hatchets, etc).

• Like 1

I was thinking awhile back that it would be cool if certain items only spawned at night. I know it's kind of 'gamey', but I think it would encourage people to play more at night

also I think the zeds should occasionally drop better loot. then maybe there would be more incentive to deal with them. or maybe make them the only source of something you need

the other idea I have been kicking around is with some kinda of limited arbitrary 'treasure' items. like some stupid golden skull or something. again, it's kinda 'gamey', and the idea needs some work, but I'm just trying to think of a way to have some kind of end-game item that people/clans can fight over. but for some reason I think it would be cool if that item was totally useless. stuff kinda like the Mountain Dew now. I'm not sure how the servers will be set up, but it would be cool if you could somehow limit the item so there's only one per server

I was thinking a D-Cell Maglite would be a great melee weapon, you could use it as a club and loot buildings with it

• Like 1

Stackable sandbags, I'd like to build a small fort more than 1 foot high.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 5

Stackable sandbags, I'd like to build a small fort.

We should make it so the inventory is denser than the sun. I think a 36 slot (9 hot bar) with stackable items up to 64.

First one to say what game this is gets a cookie. :3

• Like 1

*gasp* It's minecraft isn't it? Anyways, I got a few more ideas. Finding more objects to pick up like road cones and stuff like that.

Edited by voddler

Srry for spelling, on My Phone and auto cucumber at work;p

Hehe, auto cucumber.

I pretty much follow what everyone else is saying, remove thermal, maybe keep a (verrry) rare anti-material rifle for taking vehicles down.

• Like 1

These guns:

----------------------------

-Sig Saur P226 in 9mm

-Heckler & Koch Mark 23 SOCOM in .45 acp

-Heckler & Koch HK45

I dont know if you can fight with knives, but id love to see some like these:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-ESEE 5 SERE knife <---- in real life its super think and strong, if game equipment has a number of uses before breaking, this could have a high number.

-ESEE Junglas

Other

--------------

-Chinese WJQ-308 military multitool shovel <-------- see youtube vid. maybe can also be used like an axe

-Spetsnaz shovel <--------- can be used like an axe

-Thermals - Im sure you have thought about this already, but ive noticed in the game now thermals pick up the zombies. IMHO i think that they shouldnt, becasue the zeds are dead. should only be useful for live creatures.this will also keep players having to spot the zeds on their own, meaning things arnt so easy even if you have thermals. animals and other players should only show up, but the zeds shouldnt be nearly as obvious.

Edited by Lord3n