rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

Although any improvements on the inventory system are going to be welcome, I just want to say I loved that there was a small chance of losing all your stuff occasionally, it sucked and it was harsh but it gave an extra air of uncertainty to switching bags etc.

I know it was a bug, but it gave the game a sort of pseudo human error factor because in the real world, sometimes people just fuck up and bad things happen especially in stressful situations. Not sure if any of this makes sense, but I liked that there was uncertainty in my ability to perform tasks in the game because it simulates the uncertainty of doing a complex unrehearsed task under stress in the real world.

Again I agree.

- Increase the consequences of firing your weapon

-- Zombies should be coming from -far- off to investigate a loud gunshot, as of now... I can fire a weapon in the middle of a group of zombies... or in an open field... and attract the attention of -no- zombies at all.

Im not sure if this is the right place to suggest this or if it will even apply to the Standalone that I'm so excited for but, I would like to see the desert Ghillie for maps such as Fallujah, and desert camo for the SVD ect. that are based in the desert environment. Also, I just want to say that me and my squad mates love the new maps/ mods like Fallujah and the rest. It gives us a break from the same old running around Electro and NW airfield. <SALUTE>

We all see The Walking Dead, right? So we clearly need swords :) , and the kid, Carl, is using an handmade silencer?

Remove AS50

Remove Nato rounds

Remove L85TWS

Everyone in game has seems to have thermal and a 50, sit there look through thermal switch to 50, bang 1 murder, or make a player only able to carry one long gun. For me a zombie appoc. assault rifles and hunting rifles would be more realistic

Polish axe's and crow bar.

• Like 1

I loved Dallas idea of Chernarus Plus in winter (and that would be really great survival), i would like to see spring version of Chernarus (since it practically exist in edited form as Bystrica). And maybe, some time later complete year-cycle!

Fall and spring textures are done, winter ones are not so hard to make, even falling snow is present in original Arma. It needs only a good mixture of all of these.

I loved Dallas idea of Chernarus Plus in winter (and that would be really great survival), i would like to see spring version of Chernarus (since it practically exist in edited form as Bystrica). And maybe, some time later complete year-cycle!

Fall and spring textures are done, winter ones are not so hard to make, even falling snow is present in original Arma. It needs only a good mixture of all of these.

Zombies would certainly froze in the russian Winter...

• Like 1

Thermometer (with a separate slot for it), you will find in the houses or supermarkets with a probability of 22.12%

And the effect of overheating in the sun (syncope minutes 5-6)

• Like 1

In addition to bear traps, how about noise-making traps? Could make claymores a rare spawn, too.

In terms of weaponry, I'd like to see the entire Arma 2 arsenal in the game, but have attachments spawn separately. Suppressors and certain optics (NV and thermal for example) should be extremely rare. Nobody actually needs an operator loadout, but having one should portray the experience of your character.

Melee weapons should be all household or home-made items, I'd rather not see ninjas running around with katanas and poisoned daggers.

Tear gas, gas masks, energy drinks, tourniquets could all be interesting

Ninjas did not use Katanas their prefered sword was the wakizashi.

Would like to see the Reminton 700 added. Fires a more powerful round, such as the .375 WinMag but unlike M40/M24 it does not have a detachable magazine, only loads one cartrige at a time. With a 3x9 scope attatched.

• Like 1

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but bear with me here:

Given that this is Eastern Europe, perhaps some relics have been left behind, abandoned, or just plain forgotten.

What do I mean by relics?

World War II-era weaponry. Ridiculously rare, 1 spawn per map / server restart.

That spawn? A knocked-out T-34 / Tiger / StuG III / KV / Panzer III somewhere.

Now, the places it would spawn at would be ridiculously out of the way. I'm talking...sunken halfway into the shoreline of one of the lakes up north in Chernarus, or in the depths of the northern forests.

The tank would act like a tent / military crate. Accessible via the "Gear" function, and would work on the same principle as the military loot spawns, but from a different loot pool altogether.

Pistols and SMG's (Tokarev TT-33, Luger P08, Walther P38, PPSh-41, MP40, etc.) would be most common, with rifles (Kar98K, Mosin-Nagant 91/30, SVT-40, G43, StG-44) following close behind.

The sniper / scoped variants of the aforementioned weapons would follow in rarity, and the ridiculously rare weapons would be along the lines of MG42, Panzerschreck, DP-28, etc.

To make this even worth applying, each weapon (provided it spawned in the crate) would be included with ammo. 2-3 belts / magazines for everything automatic, 5-6 magazines / clips for the rifles and pistols, 3 or 4 rockets for the Panzerschreck.

It would create a whole new objective in-game for everyone. Those weapons would be trophies to show off to your friends, paint a target on your back to that "Friendly" you just met, or give AS50 bandit snipers just another reason to shoot you.

Provided these weapons will have been subjected to the elements for approximately 7 decades, a mechanic could be applied where you have to restore these weapons to working condition with a toolbox (and maybe some scrap metal).

Old ammunition not being the most reliable, misfires could also happen, which a reload would fix at the cost of 1 ammo.

Anyway, just my idea. I love antique weapons, so...yeah.

• Like 6

Definitely like Helbrechts idea. There are always war museums all around in different countries, granted the weapons/vehicles they have on display have been deactivated (Engines removed, firing pins removed, bolts welded), but that doesn't mean you couldn't get parts from different weapons to apply to others (like previously suggested, finding suppressors) or parts to repair your broken weapons that you've been beating all to hell in the forest as you've been running around mercing zambies.

Along with what he has stated, though, there should be an extremely rare chance to find previous-era weapons in some residential locations, given that there are plenty of collectors out there that love to own and display these things. Maybe not quite an MG42, but Kar98K is definitely possible.

Now, as for the winter idea; That'd be great, given that finding the appropriate clothing for the climate is possible. The question is whether or not the infected actually have circulating blood. If they don't, then the temperate isn't an issue for them freezing to death, but it'd definitely cause muscles to tighten and make it more difficult for them to move, which would give you an upper hand.

The other issue is snow accumulation:

How well would you be able to run through deep snow?

How deep would the snow get?

Would it cause ice to form on the roads and cause hazardous conditions for driving?

Would some of the debris that could damage your vehicle become covered and cause people to smash in to it?

Could trucks get snow chains on the tires?

Would survivors be able to find snowshoes, or maybe even improvise tennis rackets or planks of wood to use on their feet?

Would the cold climate obscure the infected heat signatures in thermal?

Would vehicles leave tire tracks in the snow that someone could follow to your camp?

Different climates are definitely something that'd be awesome to have implemented and could really change up game play.

Edited by !? Joker
  • Like 1

Locked cases for weapons, boxes for pistols that you could take away while trying to find key/crowbar and wall mounted cases for rifles that you need to smash/crowbar open.

• Like 1

Hi folks,

I've started a discussion at Reddit to get user's thoughts there, if you are a reddit user please join in:

http://www.reddit.co...for_standalone/

You can post thoughts best, and I will skim read, however reddit allows for upvoting so it is easier for me to see the good ideas.

As I noted in the thread, I'm looking at somewhere between 50-100 new items over the development from the alpha release onwards so there is a good opportunity now to get the recipe right.

Sorry for the radio silence, I am extremely busy with standalone hence no interviews or discussion or replies or anything.

Rocket my friend,

The original idea of a survival game is awardwinning, but with more guns in the mix then we allready have the standalone will turn out to be a COD with zombies.

Too much players are into the killratio rather then the survival aspect.

I don't blame u and your team for this at all, u are limited to the surroundings from Arma, but the new items for the standalone should be more to thing u would use if it happened for real.

My thoughts go out to baseball bats, spiked bats that people made themselfs, hammers and anything else u would use to bash some zombies head in.

Maglite, machette and maybe swords (some people have those on the wall for decoration but is a zombie overrun world i would use it)

For the inventory system, maybe it is possible to use a axe for silent killing without dropping your main weapon and ammo?

Like i said i love the concept of the game now if we can only get rid of the COD babies LOL, don't get me wrong eliminating PVP all togehter is wrong since this is a part of the game but the way it is now is not as u intended is it am i right?

Keep up the good work and let's make this a game memorable.

No more side chat or global chat! Bring in radios scattered around cherno (stores,houses,fire station). Use in game mic to talk to whoever is on the same channel as you. Hope they are friendly :D Also I'm still a big fan of items not being transferred server to server. I think it would make communities bigger and stop bugging and other issues. Please whatever you do dont do what WarZ did and make a exit timer..... Ive died so many times quiting and not being able to stop and defend myself.

Would like to see the Reminton 700 added. Fires a more powerful round, such as the .375 WinMag but unlike M40/M24 it does not have a detachable magazine, only loads one cartrige at a time. With a 3x9 scope attatched.

R700's have 4-5 round internal mags depending on caliber round....

Hello! I play Dayz long time, and many times that's what caught the trap. In real life, the blood of a person slowly, but recovered. The heart works! That's what I want to suggest is to make the slow recovery of the blood. but only up to 8000 units. Only if the player is at rest. That 's my idea.

• Like 1

How about fix the issues that are breaking DayZ for the legits.

Honestly, do that before adding some assbackwards content thats going to just introduce more exploitable bugs.

Dayz is still in alpha, what you want happens in beta. In short fist yourself with a rake.

you should be able to throw a full can of beans at someone hit them in the head and knock them out for a short period just enough time to get the hell out of dodge

A reward sistem would be cool like for ex: 10 days surviving 1 bean/ 20/ water/30 pistol and so on, each stage to get something better and better

You holster your pistol when you climb a ladder or select your main weapon. You sling your main weapon when you select your pistol. You should be able to holster your pistol and sling your main weapon if you want to use your flashlight or hatchet.

Pick food from gardens or off of fruit trees.

Fill you water bottles from the rain. God knows it rains enough to fill them quickly. lol

What i want most from the standalone is a reworked ammo system, where you for example find a box of 9mm ammo that can be loaded into any weapon that uses it, instead of finding just magazines. Ofc you should be able to find spare magazines as well, but they should be pretty rare. And increased gun damage, it's just silly o have to shoot someone like 7 times. A 9mm gun does pack quite a punch after all, you wont be standing like nothing happened after one or two shots... As it is now, a pistol is barely even a self defence gun, it is only useful for headshotting zombies or if you sneak up on someone.

And last, a bigger variety on low-mid tier weapons, and make high end military weapons and ammo way less common than it is now. That would force you to use your ammo wisely. Having a fully loaded magazine to your AK should make you feel powerful :)

Edited by Hurrdhurr