venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

I personally have played on DayZ redux for a few days now and find the difficulty a welcome change. the loss of sniper rifles IS A GOOD THING. i feel this promotes people to actually play together and form squads and build actual survival stories. Rather than have it be a one man tank buster armed to the teeth with thirty vehicles stashed somewhere, being overjoyed when you find a bloody AK-47 is a welcome change from merely tossing those in the "trash"

Agree with the sniper rifle drop....we have an M24 with ZERO rounds in it....and its like trying to find a needle in a haystack at the moment...because the ammo is so rare it makes it more of a challenge to find em! As far as the 'tank buster' I am the guy that currrently drives the tank lol....well sort've tank....its more an APC that I have been causing havoc in...and I love every second of it. We are currently a 6-10 person deep squad...wait til the youtube videos make their way out to the public...some EPIC shots....example? We rolled deep last night and did our campfire right on the middle of NWAF....fuckin epic!

Is there any way of finding out your humanity on the server? Ive been trying to grab the 'Lone wolf Medic' role but cant manage to get the hero skin. Ive gave about 8 or 9 blood bags plus a load of bandages morphine etc. Still no change... I had notices before that my humanity would never save when playing on another server, just dont want to be spending the most part of my time trying to get a skin that i prob cant get?

So come on then, own up, who's the camping little bitch in the NWAF barracks then?

Pretty fucking lame.

I support the motion of having to find more actively for our food and drinks. This would really fit the direction the mod is taking I think. Supermarkets would get even more dangerous, forcing players to stack some food in their tents. I love it when my indactors are flashing red with no food/drinks on me, those are intense moments.

Even thought I can't really find the time to play this mod alot, I really enjoyed it so far and I'm still fully supporting this. Keep going =)

Is that natural in this mod that there are so much more zombies than in the original mod? I saw a zombie spawn happening twice. No offense , I'm just curious.

Another thing that there are 2 littlebirds in the mod? One new vehicle is okay , it's a good idea for transporting , but two? A group owns all of the helicopters and that's 3. (Or maybe more , I don't know.) I'm not butthurt because they got the helis. I'm just saying that 3 helis are too much in my opinion. Even if the littlebirds got no guns. They just kinda own the whole map if we are talking about vehicles. :|

Oh , I have forgotten. Did you fixed that if you save something in your tent , after a server restart there will be the saved stuff in it? I know you fixed the item doubling , but was that meant to be fixing this feature too?

Edited by beatuhse

I'm sure venthos will think of something to make vehicles & tents harder to find from air...

But indeed, it's a pity that one group got all 3 helis... no-one stops us from taking those from them tho.

Sure , I'm not talking about that. I'm just saying that there are too much helis. I don't mind if they own 2 out of 2.

Is that natural in this mod that there are so much more zombies than in the original mod? I saw a zombie spawn happening twice. No offense , I'm just curious.

Another thing that there are 2 littlebirds in the mod? One new vehicle is okay , it's a good idea for transporting , but two? A group owns all of the helicopters and that's 3. (Or maybe more , I don't know.) I'm not butthurt because they got the helis. I'm just saying that 3 helis are too much in my opinion. Even if the littlebirds got no guns. They just kinda own the whole map if we are talking about vehicles. :|

I'm sure venthos will think of something to make vehicles & tents harder to find from air...

But indeed, it's a pity that one group got all 3 helis... no-one stops us from taking those from them tho.

This is partly my fault. It's the group that I hang out with when I play (I think my group and BSB/AOD have had helis the most). They know (because they've been playing the longest) that right now the only spawn locations configured for the littlebirds are at NWAF. This is just because I haven't had time to plot out additional spawn points for them. I've scolded them for hoarding helis and was even planning on giving out 2 of the 3 to random coastal people until it turns out parking all 3 on top of the hotel (just to see if we could fit them without crashing) resulted in them all burning up on next server restart. As it stands they only have 1 heli now, and I think another group has a Huey. I plan on spawning new helis much less frequently than new cars. I'm also holding my group I hang with to a 1 heli max. Like you say, it just gets silly otherwise and pretty unfair. Although, the littlebirds are ridiculously easy to shoot down when compared to the hueys. Someone knocked one out of the air the other night with an enfield. If you see one, don't hesitate to fire.

I'm not ENTIRELY sure how to combat camp spotting with Helis, but it may just be finding better/alternate ways to store gear than the big tent graphic and then vehicles just being the wildcard that you have to park away from your camp and hope no one grabs it. It's definitely something that needs to at least be thought about and considered.

Venthos is there anyway you could change the skins of the tents to plain green or brown I think this would help with making them harder to spot from the air or ground .

There current skin doesn't render properly (well at least for me) from a distance so I can spot them easily as I'm running through forests

• Like 1

As far as the # of helis go, its a tough call for me. Since I have been playing for months, not here just joined, and never had one I like that there's 3, better chance of me finding one. But also being in a big squad makes it a lot easier and once you have one, I imagine, it would be immensely easier to find others thus pawning those off on other squad mates. Hopefully adding new spawns can fix this or group with more people but hey I like my two man squad.

Venthos is there anyway you could change the skins of the tents to plain green or brown I think this would help with making them harder to spot from the air or ground .

There current skin doesn't render properly (well at least for me) from a distance so I can spot them easily as I'm running through forests

I second Papa Duck's point. A skin that matches the terrain better would be a step towards making tents hideable. Especially from choppers flying overhead. The few tents I have found on the server during my travels have been hidden amongst the branches of carnifor trees, but still stand out like a sore thumb due to the light green/yellow textures the current tent skin has.

Or instead of a change to the tent's texture, perhaps a new item could be implemented? The camouflage netting from the military tents would be good for placing over an existing tent or parked vehicle. Although it doesn't do much if someone passes by on foot, it would protect camps/vehicles from the eyes in the sky. Probably more tricky than a texture change though.

This is partly my fault. It's the group that I hang out with when I play (I think my group and BSB/AOD have had helis the most). They know (because they've been playing the longest) that right now the only spawn locations configured for the littlebirds are at NWAF. This is just because I haven't had time to plot out additional spawn points for them. I've scolded them for hoarding helis and was even planning on giving out 2 of the 3 to random coastal people until it turns out parking all 3 on top of the hotel (just to see if we could fit them without crashing) resulted in them all burning up on next server restart. As it stands they only have 1 heli now, and I think another group has a Huey. I plan on spawning new helis much less frequently than new cars. I'm also holding my group I hang with to a 1 heli max. Like you say, it just gets silly otherwise and pretty unfair. Although, the littlebirds are ridiculously easy to shoot down when compared to the hueys. Someone knocked one out of the air the other night with an enfield. If you see one, don't hesitate to fire.

I'm not ENTIRELY sure how to combat camp spotting with Helis, but it may just be finding better/alternate ways to store gear than the big tent graphic and then vehicles just being the wildcard that you have to park away from your camp and hope no one grabs it. It's definitely something that needs to at least be thought about and considered.

Oh , I didn't know that , but it's good that you were already thinking about adding new spawn locations. I was not bitching about it , I was just mentioning it. I know it can be (or it is) a big burden to see all these people "complaining" about your mod , but we all know you're working hard on it in your free time , even spending money on it (in the future even more as I can see). So don't let it make you feel you have to rush because of the big attention. I hope I'm not too weird with this comment. I'm just trying to say that you are doing so well making this mod better.

Good work Devil. I'm sure everyone will be checking the passenger seats in future. :rolleyes:

Good work Devil. I'm sure everyone will be checking the passenger seats in future. :rolleyes:

Hehe, probably... I actually hoped it would be you guys.

So you could drive me to your vehicle camp and I could steal your chopper MUHAHAHA....

Didn't work out like that tho.

Check out dedimart maybe? They have some ok servers. Not sure about your monthly bandwidth, but if you think you might use it up, host the website/downloads on a different server, and only host the game server on the dedi(might be what you are doing already). I bought a linux box from these guys before for a very populated garrysmod server, it was somewhat cheap on my end because I didn't have to pay 15-25 extra a month for windows.

Edited by JayAre

My donation to Venthos ;)

Sad i'm not famous on youtube or something... but still worth a shot lol.

Nice vid man! I didn't know there is a third seat. You can learn new things everyday. ;d

So after 3 days of repairing it by myself, I finaly get this bad boy on the go.

http://imgur.com/ij5Va

Although as im taking my picture I hear a car pull up near by, After spending alot of time getting this thing on the road, I waste no time jumping in the divers seat inorder to get away. As I turn onto the road I meet, What appers to be Devil and his mates in that vodnik of theirs.... (only finding that out now as I see your video) Altho at the time I didnt know who they were or what they planned to do. Im glad i didnt stay too long as i seen the passager was a bandit!

Needless to say I managed to get away, Donno if it was lag or they were trying to run me off the road, but they hit my car and stopped up the road, at that I turn round and got away....

Till next time Devil till next time -.-

EDIT: ok so after finishing the video lol i can no longer confirm that it was devil lol

Edited by Mirza

EDIT: ok so after finishing the video lol i can no longer confirm that it was devil lol

Yeah... no... not me.. :)

We didn't see anyone else while driving the vodnik around, so the guys you met were probably someone else.

Exactly how far can you go off the map? I gathered some water to search the north areas , but I don't know how far can I go. Any ideas?

Any plans on making toolboxes useful? I have never found a use for one to be honest apart from taking down griefers wire. Say perhaps needing one before you can even think about repairing any vehicle of any kind?

Makes sense - how on earth do you install a rotor assembly by hand??

Exactly how far can you go off the map? I gathered some water to search the north areas , but I don't know how far can I go. Any ideas?

You will know where the map ends because there is not even any grass on it. The loot maps on the net are incomplete. You can go a long way north and and a short distance west beyond most of the popular loot maps.

You will know where the map ends because there is not even any grass on it. The loot maps on the net are incomplete. You can go a long way north and and a short distance west beyond most of the popular loot maps.

I know that the environment ends , but after that , people hide their vehicles(helicopters). It has a lot of fuel to go further. If I'm right I saw a littlebird coming out from the deadzone.

Any plans on making toolboxes useful? I have never found a use for one to be honest apart from taking down griefers wire. Say perhaps needing one before you can even think about repairing any vehicle of any kind?

Makes sense - how on earth do you install a rotor assembly by hand??

Yes, plans to make toolboxes useful. Requiring them to do any vehicle repairs is one idea for sure.

I know that the environment ends , but after that , people hide their vehicles(helicopters). It has a lot of fuel to go further. If I'm right I saw a littlebird coming out from the deadzone.

I periodically run a script (which eventually will be run every restart) that destroys any tents/vehicles outside the normal boundaries of the map. If someone parks it there, it will simply get destroyed in the database within (currently) 8 hours.