venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

Crowbars are just like Hatchets in that normal "dropping" is disabled. This is because of a backasswards way that Rocket had to implement melee weapons (and I can think of no better way). When picking up a melee weapon, you are secretly given a free magazine of melee "Ammo". You don't see it, but it's on you. That's what you reload it with. When you drop it, the code must rip the magazine out of your character as well. This can only be done by forcing you to use a special "Drop" menu (vs. the normal drop feature) so we can latch onto it and delete the magazine.

When you found the crowbar, did you find it on a person's body or find it on the ground? If from a body, I'm aware of this bug and I'm exploring what I can do to realize that players need to be given "ammo" in that situation for it. If from the ground, let me know and I'll need to test it further.

Worst case, you should be able to drop it to the ground, pick it back up, and that should give you the inivisible mag of hatchet/crowbar ammo.

Respawn locations have been unchanged. The RNG seems not so random sometimes in games, though, eh? hehe.

Crowbars are just like Hatchets in that normal "dropping" is disabled. This is because of a backasswards way that Rocket had to implement melee weapons (and I can think of no better way). When picking up a melee weapon, you are secretly given a free magazine of melee "Ammo". You don't see it, but it's on you. That's what you reload it with. When you drop it, the code must rip the magazine out of your character as well. This can only be done by forcing you to use a special "Drop" menu (vs. the normal drop feature) so we can latch onto it and delete the magazine.

When you found the crowbar, did you find it on a person's body or find it on the ground? If from a body, I'm aware of this bug and I'm exploring what I can do to realize that players need to be given "ammo" in that situation for it. If from the ground, let me know and I'll need to test it further.

Worst case, you should be able to drop it to the ground, pick it back up, and that should give you the inivisible mag of hatchet/crowbar ammo.

Respawn locations have been unchanged. The RNG seems not so random sometimes in games, though, eh? hehe.

Yea, I've had poor luck with spawn locations on other servers as well today!

Anyhow, I found it on the ground within a building, It was a pub in cherno. I dropped it a few streets down in the hotel running from zombies.

Had no time to pick it back up to test if it worked again, Though I'm sure it would have.

May I suggest this as the unofficial theme song for your mod....?

Updated and ready to jump in the fire!!!

• Like 1

I'm Currently looking to play this with someone, as my buddy has not downloaded this yet.

We're also looking to expand our 2 man group a little bigger.

I'm also currently in Elecktro, Please private message me if you would like to join me.

Bah, no love on the heli crashes not smoking. They were all lit up like christmas. I'll fix that next time. Next goal is a patch this weekend with a new feature/mechanic. *crosses fingers it goes as planned*

Bah, no love on the heli crashes not smoking. They were all lit up like christmas. I'll fix that next time. Next goal is a patch this weekend with a new feature/mechanic. *crosses fingers it goes as planned*

Any hint on what that new feature is going to be?

Just got done getting Chloroformed. :)

Crazy thing was his buddy sounded just like Herbert.

So I was just thankful to get out of there with out receiving Herbert's candy.

I am pretty curious what these new features will be? Could you give us a little list what you wish to implement in the game?

I don't want to say anything yet just in case it doesn't pan out and I break a promise. It's more of a game quality boost than shiny new feature. But I do want to add a shiny new feature immediately after. The plan by this weekend is to setup a site, get the patch out, and setup some means of a dev tracker where I can dump the ideas I have. Players will be able to vote on what they think should be next. I'd rather spend time on what I know people want first.

There'll be some means of contributing ideas/bugs, too.

Of course I could be getting ahead of myself and everyone decides the mod is garbage by next week...

I don't want to say anything yet just in case it doesn't pan out and I break a promise. It's more of a game quality boost than shiny new feature. But I do want to add a shiny new feature immediately after. The plan by this weekend is to setup a site, get the patch out, and setup some means of a dev tracker where I can dump the ideas I have. Players will be able to vote on what they think should be next. I'd rather spend time on what I know people want first.

There'll be some means of contributing ideas/bugs, too.

Of course I could be getting ahead of myself and everyone decides the mod is garbage by next week...

I highly doubt that, hope this gets pinned soon so more can see. Can't wait to try just waiting for white listing :)

*edit Oh you have, that was fast!

Edited by DubPlate

Today I 'tested' a lot of deer hides. My initial data suggests one or more of the following:

A ). The loot table hates me.

B ). Venthos does not want me to have a hunting rifle.

C ). I need to check waaaay more deer hides to get a hunting rifle.

D ). All of the above.

I am pretty convinced it is definitely A. I couldn't even find an Enfield yesterday.

I ended up 'testing' the barracks at NW airfield (as you do) and got myself killed by a Mike Tyson zombie (I hate those fuckers).

How the hell do you turn off emoticons?

Edited by BIOSEMTEX

I love this server, I get a bit of lag due to being in the UK but overall its great.

Met up with some guy in eletro, ran to cherno, watch 2 squads battle it out over near the fire station (only name i remember is Dean who was killed by the guy with the lee Enfield), we move in to help people end up getting in a firefight ourselves to which I accidentally shoot my new companion named Pitty. Sorry Pitty, with the lag I had, I didnt know it was you. although as this is going on i see a total of 3 cars drive through, A bus, Old hatchback and a SUV. All of which got shot at by bandit. So first night on the server was intense. Cant wait for tonight :D

Gona try get the hero skin on this server, so if you see me done shoot, In game name is Ron Burgundy.

Your reasoning here is once again shit.

I like how the sniper rifles and silenced rifles make you a one man weapons carnival but things like the M249 and the Mk48 don't. Riiiiiiight. You don't like the weapons so you removed them because you've been killed too many times by them.

You can say i'm not a purist and am not in it for the spirit of DayZ till your blue in the face. That doesn't make it true. You made perhapse 4 good choices with that list. Then the rest is you just not liking the weapons than having anything to do with the 'spirit of DayZ'. You're a fraud, and an idiot.

Don't listen to haters please. they can't argue without being insulting. Plus they have bad ideas. :o)

I've seen a couple times where people have suggested using a night light mod that makes the whole city light up. If you get the urge to add little lights, something like whats shown in this video might be ok (maybe with flickering lights).

I donno if it woud be posible for you to make "optional" file, which i woud like to see in future.

Optional file woud consist of:

- Removing CZ550 and M24

- Removing Rangefinders, GPS and NVG.

- Removing Firewood from normal spawns.

- Ammo box woud not spawn but instead 1-3 clips for specific gun.

- Medical box woud not spawn but instead 1-4 medical items woud spawn.

- Adding Russian helicopter/airplane (up to you) crash site and replacing those 12 removed guns with 12 "Dayz friendly rifles" (no thermal, no nightvision, no sniper scope).

Most of those fixes should've been done by rocket long time ago. I just hope they will put some of it in the next patch...if there will ever be one.

Good to see more. But one problem, why do you not credit people who have made these fixes? Give credit when credits due.

http://www.tunngle.n...-for-dayz-1726/

I'm not sure how I feel about the first contact from SurviveDayZ in my thread being accusatory and combative. Classy. Just because someone has performed a fix that produces a similar result as mine, does not mean that it's their code. I had actually fixed a majority of the bugs the tunngle guy did before I even found out about their duct tape fixes. That's also exactly what a lot of them are, duct tape fixes. Try and eat infinite food on my server, and try it on a Tunngle based server. Notice how the behavior is different? My fixes also aren't performed by using the mission file and hooking the real functions. I simply fixed the real functions themselves. My mission file contains no "fixes". The actual code is all fixed. The stuff they've fixed is also a small drop in the bucket from what I've fixed, just read my giant changelog.

Should I start accusing you guys of "stealing" my ideas when about 36-48 hours after I posted my initial preview video about "no backpacks on start" and "adding the MH-6J", you guys did the same? What is your answer to that? I bet it's just like mine.

Real classy move on the accusations, sir.

• Like 3

I find that with all this "removing weapons" you should introduce some new ones...

They don't have to be thermal snipers, but just few new guns (from existing ones in Arma 2:OA).

Otherwise great job, had a fun night yesterday... drove a freaking bus thru Cherno while there were like 4 people there (friend got shot).

Made it our alive tho :D

I find that with all this "removing weapons" you should introduce some new ones...

They don't have to be thermal snipers, but just few new guns (from existing ones in Arma 2:OA).

Otherwise great job, had a fun night yesterday... drove a freaking bus thru Cherno while there were like 4 people there (friend got shot).

Made it our alive tho :D

I would love to see weapons such as the Saiga 12K and AKS to be added :)

Have you changed the Spawn of Car Tires? I've searched all of cherno and cannot find any. Though I easily enough found Fuel tank parts, and Engine Parts instead.

Indirectly, kind of. The weight of the wheel spawn hasn't been changed, but weights of other spawns have been.

Compared to vanilla DayZ, generic loot and trash loot have a slightly increased likelihood of spawning instead of industrial goodies. The hatchet, knife, and toolbox spawn chance has been slightly reduced. The catwire and tanktraps have been completely removed (which is why the knife/hatchet was reduced since they were otherwise spawning quite a bit in the absence of catwire/tanktraps)

But the individual loot weights of vehicle parts (jerry can, rotor, glass, engine, fueltank, wheel, scrap) are unchanged.

I feel you, though. I spent several hours in Zelenogorsk on Monday night looking for 1 wheel to get an ATV at green mountain up and going. Had no love. Yesterday, we found a few spawned all at once in the factory north of Solnichniy.

EDIT: Similarly, we spent last night and today looking for engine parts and couldn't find a single one ;)

Edited by Venthos