venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

Sorry for crashed heli in Kamarovo, it was my first flight :D

P.S:: SKL, блять, это ваши меня сняли сегодня с эмки, когда мы катафалк чёрный обстреливали ??

Edited by igar

I was one of those imported characters, I managed to get some gear in the US servers, killed several people and lived some awesome moments of nearly dying but prevailing, so I liked the idea of importing my character to the EU server. That was my doom, I was alive until today, but I didn't get any advantage from my gear, because I didn't see any player. I went straight from the coast to the NE airfield to see how it was, and looking for a better damn backpack (I only had an Assault Pack (12)). I got so desperate for a backpack after sweeping the airstrip day after day that I got careless and got shot to death by someone that I couldn't see. I think he was in the firestation tower.

Was I the last survivor from the US inmigrants? :P

• Like 1

I got a problem,my steam has decided to say game is unavailable application running ,and i cant run this mod.

but i can run normal dayz from the beta exe. is there a way to point the exe to dayzredux?

sorry if this is a noob question.

Edited by bubster

P.S:: SKL, блять, это ваши меня сняли сегодня с эмки, когда мы катафалк чёрный обстреливали ??

не-а :) мои :)

DayZ Redux Alpha v0.2.10

Mediafire Link

Direct Download

Hotfix from 0.2.9 to 0.2.10

Release Notes

• Fixed loot based logic mistake relating to checking if players are near/in a building during attempts to spawn loot.

DayZ Redux Alpha v0.2.9

< just download 0.2.10>

Release Notes

• Loot was cycling, but my "improving performance" adjustments seem to have inadvertently made loot entirely too rare. Heavily tweaked this back.

DayZ Redux Alpha v0.2.8

< just download 0.2.9>

Release Notes

• Fixed stupid logic error that resulted in loot only spawning when the 6 moons of xarthos aligned. Which is to say, not very often. Loot should be spawning normally now.

DayZ Redux Alpha v0.2.7

< just download 0.2.8>

Release Notes

• Actually slightly increased the CZ 550's spawn rate this time (apparently last time I did not actually do it)
  • Introduced basics of "Vehicle Inspect" action. *MORE INFORMATION*
  • Repairing ANY vehicle now requires that you have a Toolbox
  • Toolboxes are now more common in industrial spawns
  • Fuel Tanks and Engine Parts have swapped rarities. The Fuel Tank is now the most rare part instead of an engine. (Vehicles can't move without an engine, you'll just burn through fuel quicker without a fuel tank. I like the rare fuel tank situation better)
  • SuperMarket loot pile chances reduced to be in line with regular residential chance.
  • Parts only display in the repair action menu if they're not already 100% repaired (if it lets you try and repair it, it's not 100%!)
  • Damage to players is now logged server-side. This should help significantly in investigating hack reports. The origin unit who ultimately caused you damage will always be reported in logs.
  • The creation of ChernarusRedux buildings are no longer done like trash/garbage/barricades, but spawned by the server. This should resolve all oddities reported with multiple buildings/loot/buildings not showing/etc
  • Loot spawning has been optimized a bit to improve overall performance and fix the performance problem when in towns
  • Loot no longer despawns in spite of a player being near the pile at the time

[ Vehicle Inspection ]

Shows up in the same situations "Save Vehicle" shows up.

Displays a break down of ANY part that is not 100% repaired. (Individual part damage)

Displays the damage value of the vehicles itself (vehicles maintain a separate damage value from parts)

If the vehicle's general health is 61% - 100%, the picture is green.

If the vehicle's general health is 31% - 60%, the picture is yellow

If the vehicle's general health is 1% - 30%, the picture is red.

At this point you pretty much can just ignore the in-vehicle HUD green/yellow/red.

If your helicopter is leaking fuel, use this tool. Anything that shows up is not 100% and therefore needs fixing!

For now, EVERY vehicle shows up as a Skoda image in the inspection window. Potentially by next patch, every vehicle will have their own appropriate image. So.. just pretend the Skoda is a helicopter/motorcycle/atv/etc. etc. as appropriate for now ;)

Example:

http://www.dayzredux...icleinspect.jpg

Edited by Venthos
  • Like 1

Nice one Venthos, im looking foward to downloading your mod soon and giving it a go (providing you do the same to me):D

не-а :) мои :)

Ясно, я так понял эт вы на воднике отъезжали. Мы обстреляли чёрное авто, одного пассажира ранили, однако он кричал что мол он из СКЛ (видимо, принял нас за соклановцев :) ) и огонь мы прекратили. И тут сработало ваше тормозное прикрытие :D человек с горочки наверно целую обойму выпустил прежде чем вообще попасть в кого-то :thumbsup:

...and looking for a better damn backpack (I only had an Assault Pack (12)). I got so desperate for a backpack...

Yeah, the rarity of decent backpacks does that to one to the point where I think it's almost too much. I mean in reality there are plenty of big bagpacks available in non military environments. Just got to a military surplus, outdoors or even a bigger department store. I think it might be reasonable to make the military bagbacks spawn in residental areas again. Just make it a rare chance.

What traps? Bear traps? Is there a problem with them or are they broken? I am not entirely sure what you are talking about.

Yes, i talking about bear traps. It is not working as it should, do not breaks legs. In original DayZ it does not work too. But on this server, I have not seen traps never. So I think this is not important now.

PS. sorry for my bad english

Edited by Wikednook

Yeah, the rarity of decent backpacks does that to one to the point where I think it's almost too much. I mean in reality there are plenty of big bagpacks available in non military environments. Just got to a military surplus, outdoors or even a bigger department store. I think it might be reasonable to make the military bagbacks spawn in residental areas again. Just make it a rare chance.

The satisfaction of murdering someone for an assault pack is the same as it used to be for a coyote. Imagine what it is going to be like when you murder someone for a coyote now.

Ясно, я так понял эт вы на воднике отъезжали. Мы обстреляли чёрное авто, одного пассажира ранили, однако он кричал что мол он из СКЛ (видимо, принял нас за соклановцев :) ) и огонь мы прекратили. И тут сработало ваше тормозное прикрытие :D человек с горочки наверно целую обойму выпустил прежде чем вообще попасть в кого-то :thumbsup:

чтобы не повторяться - http://forums.dayzredux.com/index.php?/topic/289-%d1%81%d0%b0%d0%bd%d0%b8%d1%82%d0%b0%d1%80%d1%8b-%d0%bb%d0%b5%d1%81%d0%b0-%d0%bf%d0%be%d1%85%d0%be%d0%b6%d0%b4%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8%d1%8f-%d0%b1%d0%b0%d0%bd%d0%b4%d0%b8%d1%82%d0%be%d0%b2/#entry1144

"over run" with hackers is a little extreme when I've yet to run into a hacker personally other than a suspected map hacker back 2 weeks ago. There's been a few reports, some of which did not seem to be hacker activity, and perhaps 2-3 report that resulted in reasonable suspicion/proof that resulted in bans. I'm impressed, I guess, to find out that this constitutes "over run".

Honestly at first I was smth confused by stories of cheating on this server and a wall of fire in electro in my first day(it was a heli, I know it now :)). However, for almost a week of playing on Redux I have not seen any fuckin cheater. :)

None by me either, it's a great mod and the servers have been nothing but hardcore fun in my experience.

I dislike the "hide body" option and would prefer that to be disabled entirely. Alternatively, the hidden body should be replaced by dirt, as if the ground was dug into and had a body been ditched there, so that anyone finding this hard-to-see location could still be able to find the body and all items on it. Flies should then be disabled and an entrenching tool should be required to dig down the body.

Edited by Treehugger

Yep same here was bopping along in my pbx and bam kicked out for restriction 171 , now can't get back in :(