venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

0.2.6 is out (well, in about 2 minutes here when the servers restart)

http://www.dayzredux...Redux-0.2.6.zip

* RELEASE v0.2.6*

[CHANGE] Chloroform spawn chance increased slightly

[CHANGE] CZ550 spawn chance increased slightly (There were 4x M24s in use, but 2x CZ 550s)

[CHANGE] Guns now spawn with 1-2 mags instead of 1-3 mags.

[NEW] Helicopter Crash weapons spawn with 2-3 mags

[NEW] AKS 107 PSO introduced as Heli Crash only loot.

[CHANGE] Loot spawning is back to being calculated 100% client side - BUT, it's still customized. *MORE DETAILS*

[NEW] Initial preview/testing of ChernarusRedux concept and mechanics. *MORE DETAILS*

[ Loot Spawning ]

Long story short, ARMA2 can't handle the extra load of calculating loot server-side in spite of various methods/efforts on my part. I guess it's no surprise given that Rocket would've likely done this in the first place if it was feasible.

However, the vanilla DayZ loot system wasn't just rolled back in place. I've customized it slightly to hopefully be more friendly/dynamic and less irritating than the bone stock mechanic. Please provide feedback on this.

Note that there is a mechanic that rewards you for NOT loot piling/cycling buildings. If you don't want loot, LEAVE the pile. It will slightly increase the chances of goodness next loot cycle. If you clear buildings out of loot and pile it out, then you'll have LESS chance of goodness next cycle.

This should (hopefully) spell the end of the loot droughts and desync/redchain

[ Chernarus Redux ]

The preview of Kamenka and North East Airfield have been placed in game. These are by no means the final product of the towns, and I already have plans for tweaks.

But, my intent here is to [1] get things rolling [2] test for any oddities in the method used to add these additional buildings into the map.

Please provide feedback on any oddities you see.

Edited by Venthos
  • Like 4

A story:

Tried to nade some guy in the supermarket at elektro, which was a fail. He came round the side so I tried to shoots him with my AK, throw a smoke nade at him instead. He shoot me with winchester. Smoke nade says, "hisssssss". I dieded. Stoopid F key amnesia.

• Like 1

What traps? Bear traps? Is there a problem with them or are they broken? I am not entirely sure what you are talking about.

What traps? Bear traps? What Are These Traps You Speak Of..

haha im sorry Venthos..... i need some sleep :D

Edited by Stapo

...Then we wanted to go pick up one of our friend and while we were driving someone started shooting at us. He destroyed front wheels so we had to stop. We got out to get him but I think he was new to the game because he threw grenade at us but not far away from him and killed himself ..... Unlucky (won't name you) ... If you would use that nade properly you would kill us all :).

The culprit who shot at you guys was me... Once i saw that my shots disabled your vehicle, i made my way into the woods. I was pretty far away and was waiting you to make your move. After waiting for a period of time i noticed that i had a grenade on me and wanted to spice things up a bit by forcing you out. I was there leaning behind a tree and ready to throw a nade but i think i held the 'throwing power' down a little too long and grenade unfortunately touched tree's upper branches. :lol: I figured that someone could get a good laugh out of this moment :thumbsup:

Trees are bad for your health :D , I logged out hiding in the branches of one logged back in a few days later and it snapped me in two instant death, But thanks to Venthos' for getting me back to my body so I could loot all my gear back. He's not only a fantastic mod maker but also a AAA admin :thumbsup:

New building additions to both Kamenka and NEAF are absolutely brilliant and will totally change the map dynamics. No longer will you being suiciding off the bridge when you get a Kamenka spawn and now the NEAF is worth visiting. Will nicely spread out the PVP and hot zones.

Love it and looking forward to your next tweeks.

• Like 2

The EU server is really laggy. I have 15fps in Cherno right now and Iam not be able to use a bandage(that was the reason I died 5 min back)

Edited by igar

A story:

Tried to nade some guy in the supermarket at elektro, which was a fail. He came round the side so I tried to shoots him with my AK, throw a smoke nade at him instead. He shoot me with winchester. Smoke nade says, "hisssssss". I dieded. Stoopid F key amnesia.

hahah! nice man! I was wondering why you were throwing smoke nades at me ;) ... I figured you were trying to distract zombies, and forgot to change your nade back to your AK ... brilliant!!

The EU server is really laggy. I have 15fps in Cherno right now and Iam not be able to use a bandage(that was the reason I died 5 min back)

+1

I and my friends (4 people) have 10-35fps everywhere. And there is big lags: action (use of something) are delayed by 5-10 seconds.

=(((((

Edited by Mr.Miles

I can't get Redux to work since changing to 0.2.6, when I run Arma I get a box pop up that say's Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack', I click ok and it finishes loading Arma, the main screen comes up and I get No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'. and then when I try to join the server it say's Bad version, server rejected connection, any idea what's happening?

[ For CA_Dubbing_Counterattack and friends ]

If using Steam, make sure you have launched "ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead" using the "Combined Operations" selection at least one time. This preps the install as needed to play DayZ via steam.

Or you can do it manually and copy "Addons" from that 'arma 2' directory to the 'arma 2 operation arrowhead' directory in the same location

[ For Bad Version ]

Make sure you're running at least Beta 9771 or newer, then:

COPY:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

TO:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe

You'll have to do that every time you upgrade your beta release.

The culprit who shot at you guys was me... Once i saw that my shots disabled your vehicle, i made my way into the woods. I was pretty far away and was waiting you to make your move. After waiting for a period of time i noticed that i had a grenade on me and wanted to spice things up a bit by forcing you out. I was there leaning behind a tree and ready to throw a nade but i think i held the 'throwing power' down a little too long and grenade unfortunately touched tree's upper branches. :lol: I figured that someone could get a good laugh out of this moment :thumbsup:

Yeah, we had good laugh :) ... but what were you doing there that far so alone? We were surprised that we met somebody.

What happened yesterday evening on EU server:

Met with 3 of my friends in Cherno run to Stary from there to Prud lake then to NWAF. One of my friends stole ambulance from south barracks, while somebody was still sitting inside. Then we killed him (maybe he hoped we won't notice him), looted him and disappeared in the woods. Once we thought it save to stop we stopped and eat. Then we wanted to go pick up one of our friend and while we were driving someone started shooting at us. He destroyed front wheels so we had to stop. We got out to get him but I think he was new to the game because he threw grenade at us but not far away from him and killed himself ..... Unlucky (won't name you) ... If you would use that nade properly you would kill us all :).

As well we tried for first time Chloroform which we found in ambulance, I will post video later on.

Here the video about Chloroform testing:

Anyone else experiencing similar on the EU box?

nope, it's fine for me

Was extremely laggy last night and no military zombies where spawning at NWAF only civilian zombies

So the chaeters are present on this server :(

Guy named "Aim-X" just teleported exactly to our car and sit on driver seat. Was killed by other our team members (we gearing on this car) so as me (friendly fire :( ). He has nothing in inventory except GPS. O_o.

Also he was kicked from server twice for createvehicle restriction before. Please - investigate this issue..

TY.

I received another report about a hacker during the night, and it turns out it's the same guy but a different incident.

Aim-X is now banned. Here's where he teleported a few other people on the server:

19.10.2012 05:25:38: Aim-X (195.2.239.147:2304) ca1c84ef70285aff63133bc226517bbd - 32:5 [10898,2595,60]

19.10.2012 05:25:38: Aim-X (195.2.239.147:2304) ca1c84ef70285aff63133bc226517bbd - 26:530 [10898,2595,60]

19.10.2012 05:25:38: Aim-X (195.2.239.147:2304) ca1c84ef70285aff63133bc226517bbd - 36:5 [10898,2595,60]

19.10.2012 05:25:38: Aim-X (195.2.239.147:2304) ca1c84ef70285aff63133bc226517bbd - 22:326 [10898,2595,60]

Submitting him to the community ban list.

• Like 2

FPS loss in village. before new version 0.26. I think because of the introduction of the new buildings

Which village?

The new buildings only load into your client if you are actually within about a 1km of them. If you're further away, they're not even loaded in the game.